PDA

View Full Version : AotI: MAG Is it really worth being in the top 500?

Delete
Apr 26, 2008, 09:39 AM
I dont think it is. I was at 200 but i realized it wasnt worth ruining my life for a weapon from a videogame. Keyword is videogame. The people who are trying to get a Spread needle have about a whole month to keep up there pace, which means very little sleep and no time for nothing else.So is it really worth it to you all.

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2008, 09:44 AM
As a Fortetecher, no.
If it were some uber Rod/Wand, then yes, I would try.

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 09:47 AM
No, I went from level 109-113 and still only have less than 3000 points or so. I prefer to just level my characters as much as possible, so eventually I will have to switch. Getting the goal is much more important anyway--which the leaderboard people are helping with.

Randomness
Apr 26, 2008, 09:48 AM
I've got a Brella, so I don't care, I'd rather get twin rubies, really.

Katrina
Apr 26, 2008, 09:53 AM
It really depends on how you look at it, and your own personal expectations (which vary from person to person).

For me, I play fairly casual, but somehow managed to stay in the top 500. I take breaks, eat, sleep just like normal, and don't feel rushed or obliged to stay in the ranks.

If I can play farly casual, and end up in contention when it's all over, then it would be worth it I guess. Being rewarded with a new shiny without over doing it or stressing on where I'm ranked.

Ithildin
Apr 26, 2008, 09:56 AM
On 2008-04-26 07:48, Randomness wrote:
I've got a Brella, so I don't care, I'd rather get twin rubies, really.

I concur.

DEM_CIG
Apr 26, 2008, 09:57 AM
Not really, that is why im not worried about missing the first 5 days 6-7 days of MAG, my only goal is to leave up my characters.

PALRAPPYS
Apr 26, 2008, 10:13 AM
Well, I have school, so when I'm home I'll do my best for it. However, if it gets out of hand, then I'll have to stop of course.

OmgHi
Apr 26, 2008, 10:27 AM
Eh, it's not even hard to break into the top 100. I eat and sleep a full 8 hours and I still managed to rank 64.

It's all about party efficiency and not wasting time in lobbies.

darkante
Apr 26, 2008, 10:57 AM
Definitively not. As i mentioned in a other topic.
Itīs a good weapon and looks good too but then again...you will probably be bored of it after a little while and want something new anyway? Then you probably regret spending to much time getting it when you are bored of it.

And i prefer looks before status also.
Otherwise i would never use Ryusaikanoh because it do really suck for a Laser Cannon.
But it do look good and is something new so iīm glad. =)

MSAksion
Apr 26, 2008, 11:11 AM
No...

...But my Friend REALLY wants a spread Needle. More power to him.

So i wish my friend good luck cause i'm stuck at work all weekend T____T

Kaloa
Apr 26, 2008, 11:17 AM
I'd love to place in the top 500 and get a spread needle, but after grinding basically all day yesterday (and STILL never making it onto the leader boards) I came to the conclusion that it's just not worth it for me. I went to bed last night with a massive headache and sore eyes from staring at my tv all day. I still feel kind of crappy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Danny_Dark
Apr 26, 2008, 11:25 AM
Not really, my only Goal is to Level up my Characters and get some of the Prizes...

Lighthero
Apr 26, 2008, 11:26 AM
No, I can't catch up to with the hardcore players, it's too much. I have school and such, no time to be on 24/7. So I don't really care. Currently I'm just trying to level up my AF, and sometime play with my FT/AT.

ketson
Apr 26, 2008, 11:33 AM
I don't see a point in getting it when they are releasing another type of spread needle eventually...plus I hate guns. I rather tech/melee.

Cybuster
Apr 26, 2008, 11:36 AM
My only goal is to level up my character, get the medal prizes ,level up my PAs (there are so many enemies that they level up faster) and make some money

Kylie
Apr 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
Not only could I care any less about a spread needle, but I'd rather go at my own pace with friends to enjoy this event.

Powder Keg
Apr 26, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-04-26 08:27, OmgHi wrote:
Eh, it's not even hard to break into the top 100. I eat and sleep a full 8 hours and I still managed to rank 64.

And also not having a job. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I don't even have 3000 yet thanks to mine.

LLSmoothJ
Apr 26, 2008, 12:03 PM
While a Spread Needle would be nice, my main goal is to get all my characters past 100 (And maybe 110), all the weapons I want, and get three Paradis Cataracts. If I get one, then I get one. If I don't? Oh well.

Rashiid
Apr 26, 2008, 12:07 PM
On 2008-04-26 09:50, Artea wrote:

And also not having a loved one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I don't even have 2500 yet thanks to mine.

StrongHold
Apr 26, 2008, 12:52 PM
I tried last night but only got to 8111, im on the leader board now but I could care less now. I would rather spend the days with my girl then play a video game trying to rank within the top 500.

Looking forward to leveling all my chars. Went from 106 to 116 so far. =]

Sekani
Apr 26, 2008, 01:29 PM
I have another question: how many more stupid threads will we see talking about how everyone on the leaderboards has no life?

It's their time, they can do whatever they hell the want to with it. And if that means playing PSU until their eyes bleed, who am I to say that's wrong?

Delete
Apr 26, 2008, 03:35 PM
On 2008-04-26 11:29, Sekani wrote:
I have another question: how many more stupid threads will we see talking about how everyone on the leaderboards has no life?

It's their time, they can do whatever they hell the want to with it. And if that means playing PSU until their eyes bleed, who am I to say that's wrong?

I didnt say they dont have a life, read the poll carefully. Your probably getting confused with the "no, i have a life". That doesnt mean the people who are on the leaderboard have no life, it just means that they have more time then alot of others to play psu. Also, i just found out im a noob http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif
Thanks to me for putting that on the poll.

Alizarin
Apr 26, 2008, 03:38 PM

Not to mention everyone here benefits from all of their kill counts to hit the milestones that much faster. The sense of competition certainly did a bit to liven up the game. We'll just see how long this effort can last, though. Anyone who wants to see Ruins and DF will probably want to encourage more running, especially if you want the time to run them during the course of this event.

In relation to the topic, I don't think it's worth it to devote that much time if you don't have it. The people who're spending their time here will be responsible for their own well-being and other obligations outside this game, but other than that I have no say in it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizarin on 2008-04-26 13:43 ]</font>

AlphaMinotaux
Apr 26, 2008, 03:39 PM
How do you kill that which has no life?

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2008, 03:42 PM
All you get is some notice and a replaceable weapon. If you want it, grab it. If not, step aside and let another.

Delete
Apr 26, 2008, 03:42 PM
On 2008-04-26 13:39, AlphaMinotaux wrote:
How do you kill that which has no life?

Ummmm..... talk like yoda? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

darkante
Apr 26, 2008, 03:43 PM
On 2008-04-26 13:38, Alizarin wrote:

Not to mention everyone here benefits from all of their kill counts to hit the milestones that much faster. The sense of competition certainly did a bit to liven up the game. We'll just see how long this effort can last, though.

Itīs hard to argue about that though.
I would like to see Ruins before end of Mag. :S

Sexy_Raine
Apr 26, 2008, 03:50 PM
My only goal in this event to get all offense techs to 40 and retire FT. Once I do that, I'll be full time newman guntecher.
Besides, I dislike Uni2, cause they are too nubbish for my tastes.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 26, 2008, 03:52 PM
On 2008-04-26 10:07, Rashiid wrote:

On 2008-04-26 09:50, Artea wrote:

And also not having a loved one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

I don't even have 2500 yet thanks to mine.

I have a job, college, and a mother with her foot in a cast to take care of, I have you both beat.

Jife_Jifremok
Apr 26, 2008, 04:05 PM
Heh...people with "no life" can be rather useful. In this case, those hardcore grindey types get the points needed to unlock the rest of MAG. (Why can't Tomrain just use a Game Genie to unlock it all? He found the damn game!)

Lamak
Apr 26, 2008, 04:07 PM
I do think it's a nice goal to try to make the leaderboard, but the way things are turning out, now I say it isn't. Spamming C all night is a waste of time.

Xaeris
Apr 26, 2008, 04:13 PM
Well, the key thing to remember is that the completion isn't going to stay like this. While there are a scant few souls that will continue throughout the month playing 18 hours a day, most everyone else is going to taper off as the week rolls on, especially once the weekend ends.

This is just the initial sprint out of the gate, so to speak. Going sleepless this weekend will allow those who do to take it a little easier throughout the month.

Reginaldo
Apr 26, 2008, 04:21 PM
I tried my best the first day, even with work earlier in the day. Maybe I can make the time attack ranking that's about it. Friends, work, divorcing parents and the shenanigans that follow that are owning me for this event.

DavidNel
Apr 26, 2008, 04:23 PM
I can't do more than two runs at a time... I need a break after an hour of straight playing.

beatrixkiddo
Apr 26, 2008, 04:25 PM
It shouldn't take you 30 minutes per run o.o

Broodstar1337
Apr 26, 2008, 05:43 PM
I'd really rather have twin ruby bullets and you can only get that by grindan.

Libram
Apr 26, 2008, 05:53 PM
On 2008-04-26 15:43, Broodstar1337 wrote:
I'd really rather have twin ruby bullets and you can only get that by grindan.

But you could still get those later by running the Maximum Attack: G' (the apostrophe is important) mission after the event ends.

Noblewine
Apr 26, 2008, 08:59 PM
A little recognition sounds great and all but the fact that 100+ players are grinding C to get an event item kinda makes it less worthwhile. I'll just explore A and S then work on my alts PA's.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2008-04-26 19:00 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
Apr 26, 2008, 09:03 PM
Having a life is more important then getting on the Top 500, but it still doesn't stop me from wanting to be there just to get the needle. I'm not gonna miss out on "much" sleep considering i'm only playing an hour or two more then i normally do. Really the only thing I want drops from Falz

Tita
Apr 26, 2008, 09:11 PM
i've long made peace that there are people out there with far more time on their hands in a day than i have all week (most of them are probably still in junior high), but if i had their time, i'd be rockin' away my days on psu http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DreXxiN
Apr 27, 2008, 12:50 AM
I would totally work for the leaderboards if it was skill involved not luck with C parties, lol.

mvffin
Apr 27, 2008, 01:08 AM
On 2008-04-26 22:50, DreXxiN wrote:
I would totally work for the leaderboards if it was skill involved not luck with C parties, lol.

Luck? how does doing fast C runs have anything to do with luck?

jobber
Apr 27, 2008, 01:33 AM
You know what's messed up?

Everyone in the top 500 are mostly fF or fT.

90% of the weapons/boards that drop are fF weapons (A rank twin handgun -_- ) and the stuff that drops for fG are Phantoms and Shigga Bines.

even the weapon rewards for trading in badges are for fT

while fG who can use actually use the Spread Needle (no dis to the protransers) have to fight to sniff the top 500 for it.

I have no motivation for playing this event for another day. I'm going back to doing GoF solos.

Ami~
Apr 27, 2008, 08:53 AM
I can't say I that I haven't tried my best to get to the leader boards, because I have!!! I love shotguns alot haha. ESPECIALLY since it's my favorite color!!!! but then again, I decided to just give up, since I burn out way too easily. Madam Brella kicks more ass anyway!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

DavidNel
Apr 27, 2008, 08:56 AM
It takes me an hour for 2 runs. Log on, stock up, recharge, find a party, do mission, find ANOTHER party, restock, rechanrge, do it again...

darkante
Apr 27, 2008, 08:58 AM
On 2008-04-26 14:25, beatrixkiddo wrote:
It shouldn't take you 30 minutes per run o.o

Maybe he solo on S? ;P

GreenArcher
Apr 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
Takes me 7 minutes for a run. Sometimes down to 6 and a half.

Also Jobber I highly doubt you know everyone on the leader board and their class, not to mention this is day 3 of 28, things will change.

gryphonvii
Apr 27, 2008, 11:49 AM
no, I switch characters to often to be at the top, which is fine with me.

Dragwind
Apr 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'd rather enjoy the event by doing S, and playing with my other characters, taking advantage of the mp and exp. Spread Needle? There will always be the other version to find.

E-peen? LOL.

Neith
Apr 27, 2008, 12:09 PM
he "Spread Needle/G" is an event-only item. In the future, there are plans to offer a new "Spread Needle."

Any interest I had in the top 500 quickly disappeared after I read that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif