PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Twin or single weapons

Xen1
Apr 27, 2008, 12:48 PM
I cant figure out what I want to use. Twin weapons or Single weapons. Im thinking about going AF so would a mix of two be best?

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2008, 12:58 PM
Two handed. Definitely. Because of their high attack power, they don't have many hits in their compos, making them pretty fast for their power.

But, that isn't an option. I suggest you play to AF's strength and use single weapons. Single handed PAs are so quick, that you'll easy be able to position yourself even mid PA in case you need to. You can also play to another one of AF's strengths and use a side weapon, perhaps a shadoog for additional damage and support. I do suggest, at least in the lower levels, to use twin weapons based on your preference if you need a highly damaging PA. But after a while single weapons will be able to fill that roll as well.

Xen1
Apr 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
Okay so basically use twin weapons until i get AF and a good Shadoog?

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2008, 01:02 PM
Hum... Well, I have to admit that I don't really like single weapons unless on an acro class. Keep one single weapon on you with a handgun, since you're going to need the handgun anyway (well, not in this event...), and use any weapons of your preference. Though, I suggest leveling up the PAs you're going to use as an Acrofighter now, since it'll be annoying to do so later on.

Xen1
Apr 27, 2008, 01:04 PM
Hmm....Since I have a good stock of weapons and such now, thanks to my other characters I can just transfer some PA's =] yay me! Can you use a level 40 pa if you're level one?

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2008, 01:09 PM
Oh, in that case, go stir crazy. If you have all the PAs you want already leveled, you can use anything you want. Yes, a lv1 character can use lv40 PAs, but it'll still be lv20 in combat if you are a hunter, or lv10 as ranger, etc.
At the low levels, I actually suggest using sword with Tornado Break and spear with Dus Daggas. But it really shouldn't matter until later levels, when you should be an acrofighter anyway.

Xen1
Apr 27, 2008, 01:11 PM
Mkay. You play on PC/PS2 right?

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2008, 01:13 PM
Yup. In terms of questions, it shouldn't make too much of a difference anyway.

Kylie
Apr 27, 2008, 01:18 PM
Twin > single for me. Always. Always. Always.

It's good to have a good range on you though, and you'll need something to go with that gun. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SonicTMP
Apr 27, 2008, 01:22 PM
Both for me. If it's one thing I really like abuot psu it's the weapon variety.

stukasa
Apr 27, 2008, 01:46 PM
I have an AF and I go half and half. I always leave one palette slot for Twin Handguns. That leaves five more slots. I usually carry 3 single-handed weapons and 2 double-handed weapons, or vice versa. Don't limit yourself to one or the other, use everything available to you!

New_One
Apr 27, 2008, 02:02 PM
Hikai + Spinning Strike and occasionally Senten Kanzan-ga are all I ever need.

BigshowPat
Apr 27, 2008, 02:04 PM
Both. It just depends on the current situation you're in.

Danny_Dark
Apr 27, 2008, 02:06 PM
Both for me.

Sexy_Raine
Apr 27, 2008, 02:31 PM
Single handed, Don't under-estimate the single saber.

gryphonvii
Apr 27, 2008, 03:03 PM
twin claws and sabers are rally good two, try and get twin durandal replicas and assault crush. Still pretty fast and once at 21 extremely useful.

Lighthero
Apr 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
Single handed for me, it does nice damage and such and the pa's ain't that bad, altough I plan on leveling the twin weapon PA"s when I get like all to 40. And I use Twin Handgun just in case if u wanna live/do decent damage, almost no dmg to yourself or when enemies are annoying to hit.

Katrina
Apr 27, 2008, 04:13 PM
Try them all, and decide which weapons and PA's suit your personal playstyle best.

Jainsea
Apr 27, 2008, 04:37 PM
I love the saber+handgun combo !:D I like popping them a few times on my way to them for chance of SE/decent damage then unleash with my trusty saber ^_^! I as well have twin guns on my pallet.
It's good to balance yourself out with both imo,AF does have a nice selction after all but whatever you have fun with is the best http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif