PDA

View Full Version : Nosmegid - 3 targets at 31?

Legendria
Apr 27, 2008, 04:30 PM
Just wondering, trying to get it up in my spare time.

If not, I might not bother until next week.

Edgard
Apr 27, 2008, 04:56 PM
yes only 3

Tetsaru
Apr 27, 2008, 04:57 PM
I'm afraid Nosdiga is the only one that splits into 3 targets... I think at lv21, though I may be mistaken. Noszonde and Nosmegid just get bigger and gain stronger status effects as you level them. Iirc, Noszonde gets lv3 shock, Nosmegid has a "do more damage at low health" status effect, and Nosdiga gets lv2 stun. I haven't leveled my Nos- techs much, so I may be wrong on that, but that's what I've heard. >_<

*EDIT* - OH, guess I misread your question, sorry. As far as how many enemies it can target, I am not sure, but I think it's 3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tetsaru on 2008-04-27 14:59 ]</font>

beatrixkiddo
Apr 27, 2008, 04:59 PM
Should have posted in the Guides section.

I think I read a similar post not too long ago saying that it doesn't.

Legendria
Apr 27, 2008, 05:22 PM
On 2008-04-27 14:59, beatrixkiddo wrote:
Should have posted in the Guides section.

I think I read a similar post not too long ago saying that it doesn't.

I only saw one guide saying it hits 2....just like Noszonde. NZ hits 3 at 31+ now.

Also, the guide was from April of last year.

Cracka_J
Apr 27, 2008, 11:05 PM
nosmegid 31+ is only 2 targets...mine is almost capped, trust.

and also to clarify, noszonde hits 3 targets.

dunno why they made the hit totals different

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cracka_J on 2008-04-27 21:07 ]</font>

Edgard
Apr 27, 2008, 11:09 PM
what 2? man I was wrongfully informed... Now I have another reason not to level that tech.

Genoa
Apr 27, 2008, 11:19 PM
It's still very powerful, technically it can be the most damaging Dark-tech if you're HP's low enough. Besides, if you use rods, I would recommend it on the palette for an all-dark rod.

mvffin
Apr 28, 2008, 01:18 AM
it levels much faster than most techs... just take a day out and get it to 21. not weeks like megid/zonde/barta/gi spells/ra spells

Astarin
Apr 28, 2008, 09:11 AM
Nosmegid hits two targets, until level 41, then it hits 3. (If I'm reading the JP wiki correctly)

Oh, and yeah, Noszonde hits three targets right from level 1.

Both technics cause knockdown at level 21.

Cracka_J
Apr 28, 2008, 09:13 AM
Even tho it's only 2 targets, don't count it out. nosmegid is a great tech with some unusual bonuses:

-2 target knockdown
-dark element lock on attack (only one of it's kind) that has super long range
-damage modifier based on user's max hp (makes it even better now with fT hp boost)

The last one listed is the "little known fact" about nosmegid, even tho it's typed right into the tech's description. Imo it gets overlooked by megid/ramegid in terms of power, but used situationally, it's really a great tech. One of my favorites.

Atomic646
Apr 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
Well... I figured out today that Nos zonde in a group of 5 booma's only hits 3 at a maximum.

Danny_Dark
Apr 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
That's the next TECH I will get...

Rashiid
Apr 28, 2008, 04:54 PM
Does Nosmegid level as fast as Noszonde?

Gen2000
Apr 28, 2008, 05:45 PM
Nosmegid levels fast but not as fast as Noszonde simply because Noszonde hits 3 targets instead of 2.

Nosmegid and Noszonde are the few attack techs that actually levels fast besides Regrants.

Indica
May 19, 2008, 03:00 PM
Funny I was looking into this topic and did a search.

Im currently LV Nosmegid and was surprised it's still only hitting 2 Targets at LV21. This is taking a lot more time to LV then Noszonde but must keep going

Jarek
May 20, 2008, 11:00 PM
Even though the OP's question has been answered, I'd like to add..

On 2008-04-28 07:13, Cracka_J wrote:
Even tho it's only 2 targets, don't count it out. nosmegid is a great tech with some unusual bonuses:

-2 target knockdown
-dark element lock on attack (only one of it's kind) that has super long range
-damage modifier based on user's max hp (makes it even better now with fT hp boost)

The last one listed is the "little known fact" about nosmegid, even tho it's typed right into the tech's description. Imo it gets overlooked by megid/ramegid in terms of power, but used situationally, it's really a great tech. One of my favorites.

...that I agree. Just got it to 31 today, and it surprised me a little how much it can dish out.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/bizkit04/New%20PSU%20Pics/Nosmegid01.jpg

And there are several things that could still increase its damage:
11 character levels would add a bit more tp
Using a tp boosting unit instead of har / quick (meh, I wouldn't)
18% tech gain going from level 32 to 40
9%(?) elemental gain going from 32 to 40

MF using this at 41+ will be pretty nice I imagine. 3rd target gained, 3% tech each level (IIRC), and another 10% element.

thunder-ray
May 21, 2008, 05:49 AM
I just got my noszonde on 21 and love the knockdown it does. Currently im lvling nosmegid and its only on 8 >_<

Cracka_J
May 21, 2008, 08:14 AM
On 2008-05-20 21:00, Jarek wrote:
...that I agree. Just got it to 31 today, and it surprised me a little how much it can dish out.

All I'm gonna say is try it on the svaltus gangbang next time. You will lol when you clear that block in less then a minute soloing with fT. And the stupid thing is even if they land random svaltus blades on you from a distance, you will output more damage with every hit you take.

Nosmegid>>>>Svaltus.

Kirie
May 21, 2008, 10:35 AM
Nosmegid gets 3 targets at Lv41+ I read on JP wiki http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Aries2384
May 21, 2008, 12:02 PM
While I respect the damage that NosMegid can do with 1 hp.. thats really uncomfortable running around with 1 hp. If we had bigger areas where you could stay back and cast the sucker, yeah I'd use it on a regular basis. Unfortunately its just not feasible. Give how fast it takes to cast a Nos spell plus homing time and then the actual explosion, I can generally throw out 2 lvl 31 Ra spells that hit 4 targets a piece. I like the knockdown effects. Noszonde gets spammed in the big room of Vanda death in MAG right now but if Im just looking for raw damage, a Ra tech would out damage a Nos tech. But if it says anything, my NOS techs are all at 40. I do like them, don't get me wrong.