PDA

View Full Version : Gay.

Leviathan
Apr 27, 2008, 08:50 PM
Gay doesn't mean something that is bad, stupid, or lame.

Gay means happy or you are attracted to the same sex.

I'm so fucking sick &tired of people using the word gay as a substitute for the word bad. There are many other words that can be used in place of that word.

In middle school, kids always &still to this day use gay as in place for something that is stupid or bad. I believe because of this, many gay people are afraid to tell people. If you one day grow up &get a better vocabulary then maybe you'll learn from such mistakes &you won't be <What I like to call>: "Verbally Challenged."

I advise you <If you do such.> quit with the middle school style homophobia &grow up.

So instead of using the word gay in the wrong way &raping the English language, pickup a thesaurus &look up the word bad, search for the word bad &use the many susbstitues of the word bad.

Thank you, &if you don't agree you are either...

[A.] Ignorant.

Or

[B.] Stupid/moronic/quite the dolt.

Or

[C.] Verbally Challenged.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 27, 2008, 09:05 PM
Gay originally only meant happy/bright and colorful.

Homosexuals started saying they were gay, initially meaning that they were happy with their way of life. It became synonymous with homosexual.

Guess what, definitions change, and words get new meanings all the time. While it may never become official as a definition, just accept the fact that it is a well recognized meaning to the word.

Most people who say it, don't associate it with homosexuality at all. I know when I use it, I'm not thinking that.

THE JACKEL

AlexCraig
Apr 27, 2008, 09:21 PM
I have never used "gay" in a bad way, thankfully. I usually don't like people who do that. Partly because it sounds stupid when they say it like that. Partly because several of my friends are homosexual.

McLaughlin
Apr 27, 2008, 09:47 PM
If over 50% of the population spells a word wrong, Webster's Dictionary will change the spelling of the word.

Maybe they'll start changing definitions?

BlaizeYES
Apr 27, 2008, 10:10 PM
i apologize, i am not trying to knock your discussion and this is going to seem counter-productive, but you had to know that the topic name was at least remotely funny and it'd attract more people to click on it. you made it so simple, with a period at the end to eccentuate its simplicity, so you HAD to know there was a little bit of humor in it when you just read the 3 letter word alone. i honestly laughed out loud reading the title.

"Gay."

EphekZ
Apr 27, 2008, 10:45 PM
People like to use different words for different things. what's your point?

edit:

I believe because of this, many gay people are afraid to tell people.

You can't be serious. No, no, no, no, please no. They don't hear someone is gay and think "Hey! I've used to say something is lame before, hmm you must be too!"
No. Gay's have always been outcasted, because their lifestyle is different. Even if we started replacing "cool" with "gay" people will still have the ignorance in them. Nice try.

Also, I have a few gay friends and I still say "that's gay" as in that's bad. it's just a phrase.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EphekZ on 2008-04-27 20:48 ]</font>

Broodstar1337
Apr 27, 2008, 10:53 PM
Using gay only to describe happiness or homosexuality sounds pretty gay if you ask me.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 27, 2008, 10:55 PM
Wasn't there already a thread like this?

Sord
Apr 27, 2008, 10:57 PM
I don't use the word gay, ever. I don't like the sound of it, it's an issue I have, there are various words that I just don't like the sound of and won't speak unless needed ("comb" is another one.)

But yeah, it is annoying to hear all the time in the context this thread speaks of. Chances are if people start using slang around middle-school, it's gonna last until either A) some major change in pop culture makes up another word, B.) they get to college or late high school or C.) they get a job that's very serious about their sexual harassment policy.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 27, 2008, 11:19 PM
Look, people talk depending on the crowd they're with. I rarely swear around most people I don't know, or my parents and such, but out with a group of friends, we swear a bunch. Would I say "gay" in a work environment, probably not. Would I say it around a homosexual, probably not.

If anyone tries to say it's absurd that I'd talk certain ways around certain people.... they're the absurd person. Because we all do it.

THE JACKEL

Solstis
Apr 27, 2008, 11:47 PM
On 2008-04-27 20:10, BlaizeYES wrote:
i apologize, i am not trying to knock your discussion and this is going to seem counter-productive, but you had to know that the topic name was at least remotely funny and it'd attract more people to click on it. you made it so simple, with a period at the end to eccentuate its simplicity, so you HAD to know there was a little bit of humor in it when you just read the 3 letter word alone. i honestly laughed out loud reading the title.

"Gay."

I really didn't think that the topic title was funny. I do find this post to be amusing, but, then again, I rarely ever laugh at something some e-person said. (30 Rock, though, now that's funny)

As for the discussion, it's a pretty mixed bag, and I'd prefer it if people didn't use the word to mean "bad" when they're around me. I usually glare or tense up, mostly because of issues I had in Highschool when people used to sling it around like a brick.

I appreciate, as do others, the effort Leviatha, but people probably aren't going to change that easily. I still think that they need to grow up, but, there's probably still time (I'm guessing) for them to do that.

Yeah, and I'm not going to disagree with what the Jackel said, but you might want to take a good look at your friends if you need to dramatically change your behavior from place to place.

Oh, and if anyone types "get over it" "this is stupid" or something like that, I'd hope that they'd never, even once posted a rant on these boards.

(Okay, now the title is kinda funny, but only because my perception was tainted)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Solstis on 2008-04-27 21:51 ]</font>

ABDUR101
Apr 28, 2008, 12:27 AM
I have this issue with all my nephews, and I usually give them a verbose thrashing over it. I'd so much rather hear them say "Thats bullshit" than "Thats gay."

But again, I agree with Solstis, there were always people slinging it around; and generally if you got called gay, you were the one being fucked with for quite a while. Kids did'nt use it as a slang term when I was in school too much, generally it was directed at an individual, and then all the other homosexual slurs got full use aswell.

Depending on who uses it, when, the context, etc. I don't mind so much, but family I definitely kick alongside the head for its misuse, but then I tend to kick them alongside the head when they're being overly judgemental and critical of people or places aswell.

Aswell, I only 'restrain' myself with how I talk depending on where I am. There's a time and place for everything, but I'll swear like a sailor whether my grandma is sitting across from me at a family get together or not.

VanHalen
Apr 28, 2008, 01:22 AM
I very rarely use the word gay to describe something, though I will not deny that I have used it here and then but its pretty rare. I do have some homosexual friends that if they find something lame or stupid they do say "wow thats gay".

Weeaboolits
Apr 28, 2008, 01:30 AM
I generally only use it to mean homosexual, if only because the word "homosexual" is a tad awkward.

I would use it for its initial definition, but the meaning has been far too slurred to try that (similar to th word "faggot", which went from being tinder to a derogatory slur, dammit people, stop corrupting innocent words! D:<). http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 28, 2008, 02:51 AM
On 2008-04-27 21:47, Solstis wrote:
Yeah, and I'm not going to disagree with what the Jackel said, but you might want to take a good look at your friends if you need to dramatically change your behavior from place to place.

Dramatic changes in life means dramatic changes in behavior. I go from hanging out with a bunch of military guys, to spending time with my parents. Obviously there is going to be a large difference in how I act in both situations.

Everyone does it, some just don't change as much as others. But knowing how to act in different situations, and what is appropriate to be said, makes a huge difference.

THE JACKEL

Toadthroat
Apr 28, 2008, 03:53 AM
Not to be rude or anything but I'm still gunna sling the word around. Just like I sling the "N" word around (yup, black person here) and all sorts of derogatory terms.

I know they're bad, but...So what?

But maybe I'm just an asshole.

enoch
Apr 28, 2008, 08:49 AM
well in that case

shit means poo
ass means donkey
fuck means-Fornifacation Under Certificate the King

Dick is hard
Balls are spherical object
nuts are peanuts
giving someone the bird is a gift n.n

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enoch on 2008-04-28 06:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enoch on 2008-04-28 06:58 ]</font>

Solstis
Apr 28, 2008, 11:39 AM
On 2008-04-28 06:49, enoch wrote:
well in that case

shit means poo
ass means donkey
fuck means-Fornifacation Under Certificate the King

Dick is hard
Balls are spherical object
nuts are peanuts
giving someone the bird is a gift n.n

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enoch on 2008-04-28 06:55 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: enoch on 2008-04-28 06:58 ]</font>

None of these examples are relevant. Gay was taken as a word to describe an entire social group as a matter of pride. For the word now to be an insult is to undo whatever intention was involved with taking the word in the first place.

That's why it's considered hateful.

It's like white people saying "nigga." No, it was not meant for you to use (though, slightly different context).

enoch
Apr 28, 2008, 12:50 PM
lol omg o.o i put "dick is hard" lol I meant richard

Kylie
Apr 28, 2008, 01:34 PM
I try not to, but it's hard when all of my male friends use it all the time. I blame living in the South. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I don't think they mean any disrespect by it though. In fact, I know they don't have any problems with gays; otherwise, I probably wouldn't be friends with them. A lot of words pick up different meanings, such as the n-word, and I don't really have a problem with it unless an actual, personal hate is attached to the word with its use. It can be ignorant, sure, but it's not much to be offended about. It's just a word.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-04-28 11:40 ]</font>

Out_Kast
Apr 28, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-04-27 20:57, Sord wrote:
I don't use the word gay, ever. I don't like the sound of it, it's an issue I have, there are various words that I just don't like the sound of and won't speak unless needed ("comb" is another one.)

I thought I was the only one like this...? None of my friends have any trouble saying every word in the dictionary apart from me. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Weird.

At my high-school, I hear the word 'Gay' tossed around quite a lot. People use it every other word, which kinda bugs me.
Of course, I'm guilty of using it one or two times a day; I'm a teenager. But I see where you're all coming from. It's almost as though this generation is adapting a new language, as weird as it sounds...

ABDUR101
Apr 28, 2008, 02:02 PM
Every generation makes changes to words. "Thats hip." "Thats soooo BAD!" etc. Thats not so much the issue, as people taking something that many people see as wrong(homosexuality isn't exactly looked well upon), and then using a term used for homosexual pride/identity into a slang term for something being stupid/lame, etc.

It's like the reverse of what the blacks did with the n-word, turning it into a term of endearment for their fellows, "nigga". Look at it in that light and you'll see why it can be a thorn in ones side, you're basically using a word that a lot of people use to self-identify themselves with, and since there's already plenty of hate directed at homosexuals; tada.

Yes, just a word, we all know this. Words only have as much power as we allow them to, etc. However, you would'nt walk into a store and all of a sudden say "Oh thats chinky!" or "Wow, how niggerdly!". I personally don't see a difference between racial slurs and sexual slurs. You're still offending a group of people by use of a word, but its funny when you think that if you swap "Thats gay." with a racial slur how much of a difference it would make if you said it in public or amongst a group you were slurring; then I'd like someone to say "Oh get over it, its just a word!" as they get knocked around abit.

Seority
Apr 28, 2008, 02:10 PM
Darn.
Church people tell me to not swear. So I don't say god-damn, just damnit.
Black people tell me I'm racist if I say nigger. Right after calling me one mind you.
Now gay people are telling me to not say gay.
I can make up my own mind. I can believe in what I want and say what I want. Freedom of speech baby.
I don't think negitivly of homo's/blacks/Christians. I just say it in reference or to be funny.
Mad bad yo.

Zarode
Apr 28, 2008, 02:42 PM
You know, when I think of homosexual in a bad way, I say faggot. :| And those are the people, even if they are straight, that talk like, well, a faggot. :| I don't care for gays, I never have. I just never wanted any of them to hit on me in the public. It's rude and degrading.

Fact: Being publicly gay has a strong social stigma.

Fact: Being considered gay, in any shape form or way, is also a strong social stigma.

So yeah...

lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Going off on a tangent here, just sayin' though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I do agree that gay is kind of stupid to say in a degrading way.

edit:

SHAME ZARODE, THANKS FOR PROVING THAT THE WORLD IS ACTUALLY CULTURALLY THE SAME, AND THAT YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH THE APE SHIT COLLEGE LEVEL DRAMA.

`-`; Sorry Abdur, I agree, but then, I also disagree. I know this is a rants board, and you love to actively attack other member's opinions like shark to blood, but really now.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2008-04-28 17:52 ]</font>

Solstis
Apr 28, 2008, 03:13 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:10, Seority wrote:
Darn.
Church people tell me to not swear. So I don't say god-damn, just damnit.
Black people tell me I'm racist if I say nigger. Right after calling me one mind you.
Now gay people are telling me to not say gay.
I can make up my own mind. I can believe in what I want and say what I want. Freedom of speech baby.
I don't think negitivly of homo's/blacks/Christians. I just say it in reference or to be funny.
Mad bad yo.

You really think that you have the freedom of speech? Ha. Start chatting on the phone about bombs and jihad and see how many red flags start going up somewhere. They probably have me listed as a commie or something.

You can make up your own mind, but it doesn't mean that you're right. I might be wrong, too, but I try to hedge well.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 28, 2008, 03:18 PM
Look, when the word first was being used in this manner, well before I was born, it most likely was used to put down on homosexuals. But most people who say it now don't even think about homosexuals when they say it. Of course there are times where people say, "What're you gay?" That's a bit different, and when I say it to my friends it's because they're literally acting like a homosexual. (don't ask)

But when someone thinks something is dumb and they call it gay, I really don't think 90% of the people who say it are actually referring to homosexuals.

THE JACKEL

Kent
Apr 28, 2008, 03:39 PM
I have better grammatical skills than that.

You don't want me to use a particular word that makes you squirm? Fine. I've got a hundred other ways to say what I mean.

I condone linguistic versatility.

ABDUR101
Apr 28, 2008, 06:34 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:42, Zarode wrote:
You know, when I think of homosexual in a bad way, I say faggot. :| And those are the people, even if they are straight, that talk like, well, a faggot. :| I don't care for gays, I never have. I just never wanted any of them to hit on me in the public. It's rude and degrading.

It's degrading that someone finds you attractive in some way? Wow, thats news to me.

I'm sure you'd be all for some chick hitting on you though, amirite?

Fact: Being publicly gay has a strong social stigma.

Fact: Being considered gay, in any shape form or way, is also a strong social stigma.

So, by your definition all the homosexuals should stay in the closet, keep to their own little corner of the world and segregate themselves from everyone else? Being a homosexual thats 'out' doesn't mean you have to go around parading it and throwing it in everyone's face, but if I were out somewhere and saw someone I found attractive, I'd hit on them abit. Why? Because no one has 'gay'/'straight' written on their foreheads. Do you go up to a woman and before you start hitting on/flirting with her, ask 'So are you gay or straight"?

You know its kind of funny, the only stigma about being a homosexual are the ones people keep put on others. You don't have to approve of the lifestyle, you don't have to enjoy it; why? Because you're not involved in it, so don't shit on everyone else and try to pack them in their own vacuum and expect them to stay away from you. Reverse the roles abit and think of how you'd feel about it.

I do agree that gay is kind of stupid to say in a degrading way.

Atleast you're level headed with that.

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2008, 07:09 PM
It's odd.

I've never really noticed a connect between the slang "Gay" and the homosexual moniker "gay" in the same way I see a connect between the slang "Jew" (used to denote someone who screwed you monetarily, or being selfish) and "Jew" as in the Hebrew people. This is considering that I have some gay/bi friends and family members, but do not know a single Jewish person.

You would think that being around a group of people to whom "gay" as slang may offend would make me more sensitive to it's usage.

So yeah, sorry, but I'm not going to get upset or care about mine or anyone else's usage of the word "gay" unless it's directed derogatorily towards an individual. To me, it's a homonym. Nothing more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-04-28 17:16 ]</font>

astuarlen
Apr 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
Ah, these threads are like cherished rituals which play out the same way every time, though the actors may vary. Now for my part...

Even though I think our generation is getting better about this--or I hope we are--there's no getting around the lingering social stigma of homosexuality. So it's not so much an issue of your (the speaker's) intent as the way the word and its associations function within the larger cultural framework. Saying well, I have no problem with gays or well, I don't think about the word that way doesn't change the way it reflects and reinforces prevalent prejudices nor change the way other people react to it. Can't divorce these meanings so cleanly at this point (and don't pretend to equate the transformation of general understanding of the word "gay" from festive to homosexual with the move from homosexual to bad/lame/ridiculous/etc).
Obviously, refraining from using "gay" as an insult or expression of displeasure won't magically inspire universal tolerance, but at least one could find a word that doesn't play into the same insidious attitudes.

Exit Astuarlen

Bonus points for the first clever Clyde to call me on "lame".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-04-28 18:43 ]</font>

Leviathan
Apr 28, 2008, 08:23 PM
My friends don't use that the word gay as a derogatory term, but it's just that I hear kids my age <Wow, I sound old.> throw around the word along with racial slurs as a way to put describe anything that is lame. Why not use the word lame? W';ve used it since we were like what, five?

When such happens I always ask how is it gay?

What constitutes a inanimate object as gay in the first place?

Did the object have a gender inwhich it was attracted to the same gender?

Mostly it's just arrogant, ignorant, stupid boys <Claim to be men.> who use this in daily life.

What's funny is that it was a Christian kid that said it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

He believe that all gay people are bad, &no good.

Oh, but when it comes to lesbian, whole different story! "Lesbians are the greatest thing ever!" They're one in the same. (//_-)

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 28, 2008, 08:47 PM
It's funny

people say, "that's gay" huge uproar
not nearly as many people get offended when someone says, "That's retarded." And most retards can't even defend themselves in this instance.

THE JACKEL

Leviathan
Apr 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
That's even worse for that matter.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 28, 2008, 09:22 PM
I still say lame. >_>

Along with weaksauce. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Darkly
Apr 28, 2008, 09:35 PM
you can rant away but sadly it's never going to end. I'm sure leviatha you've said lines like 'thats retarded' yourself. It's just life, we are all heartless at time but really without sounding harsh you should get over it.

In all fairness i havn't seen too many people use this phrase lately, like all slang it rises and falls. Sure it may piss you off but homosexuality got tagged onto gay after it's initial definition. You have come to accept that gay means happy and homosexuality, so just because it's new meaning is negative means it shouldn't be used in this manner?

I get it though, when hearing people say that's gay it annoys you because there insulting something, using a word you define yourself with which creates the feeling of negativity of being gay, however if you detach the other definitions of gay you are left with a word that means displeasure. I'm sure eventually the defintion of gay as in homo will fade, like it's definition of happyness did. Or even vice versa and gay in a negative way will fade out and people ill move onto other slurs/insults etc.

wow i hope that makes sense lol.

VanHalen
Apr 28, 2008, 11:27 PM
On 2008-04-28 18:23, Leviatha wrote:

Oh, but when it comes to lesbian, whole different story! "Lesbians are the greatest thing ever!" They're one in the same. (//_-)

I guess its probably just me but I'm not attracted to two girls kissing or having sex. I guess it was from all the stupid reasons girls in my school try to claim lesbian to be cool. Yes, there was a time in my school that if you were gay/lesbian you were treated like kings and queens.

For example some girl would break up with her boyfriend and then run off saying that she's gay because either

a: All boys are jerks
b: No boy will like them.
c: A woman knows what a woman wants http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif(The wink is added)

One of my best friends used to be pissed by all the wannabe lesbians in my school since she was a lesbian to begin with. Some of her rants used to be rather interesting.

Iredore
Apr 28, 2008, 11:41 PM
I'm gay, and I use the word gay to denote that something is "bad" "wrong" "not cool". Me and my friend are both gay, and we still use this.

It's a phrase, a figure of speech, a way people talk.

Is it stupid? Hell yeah I can go into an essay about the whole deal with using the word gay to describe something is bad, wrong or not right. But really, in the case that I found it so offending, me not saying it or giving the 90% of the population that do use it a dirty look isn't going to change anything.

And like many have said earlier, when people use it, they don't link it to homosexuality. And if they do, then they're homophobic. People which I don't care to associate with anyways, so whatever to them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Iredore on 2008-04-28 21:42 ]</font>

Seority
Apr 29, 2008, 10:23 AM
On 2008-04-28 13:13, Solstis wrote:

You really think that you have the freedom of speech? Ha. Start chatting on the phone about bombs and jihad and see how many red flags start going up somewhere. They probably have me listed as a commie or something.

You can make up your own mind, but it doesn't mean that you're right. I might be wrong, too, but I try to hedge well.

There's also freedom of belief. I don't believe being gay is right. I'm a Christian, but just because I think that doesn't mean everyone else has to. Just because I say, "Nigga, you gay!" doesn't mean it's right nor wrong by whoever says so. I do it cause that's what I do. I don't try to appese others by lieing to them either. If I say "bomb" then i wanted to. If the gov. got a problem, they can come to me about it. I'll take full responsiblity for my actions because I don't believe I say things just to get introuble. Well, with the gov. at least.

Kylie
Apr 29, 2008, 12:34 PM
On 2008-04-28 18:23, Leviatha wrote:

Gay men make great shopping buddies. <3

Or friends if they're not into that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Sekani
Apr 29, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-04-29 08:23, Seority wrote:
http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/t_7288.jpg

True story.

Solstis
Apr 29, 2008, 05:28 PM

On 2008-04-28 13:13, Solstis wrote:

There's also freedom of belief. I don't believe being gay is right. I'm a Christian, but just because I think that doesn't mean everyone else has to. Just because I say, "Nigga, you gay!" doesn't mean it's right nor wrong by whoever says so. I do it cause that's what I do. I don't try to appese others by lieing to them either. If I say "bomb" then i wanted to. If the gov. got a problem, they can come to me about it. I'll take full responsiblity for my actions because I don't believe I say things just to get introuble. Well, with the gov. at least.

What? Really? I guess I was like that when I was a teen, too.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 29, 2008, 05:44 PM
I wonder, if we said "You da bomb!" now would we get stormed by a SWAT team?

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2008, 07:32 PM
I tend to avoid using terms that offend people.

Leviathan
Apr 29, 2008, 09:12 PM
Gay meant happy at one point in time.

Then it meant homosexuals.

&Now it means something that is bad.

Now when most guys say it <It's mostly guys from what I have seen.> that use the term in a derogatory way. I think they swing that term around because they are unsure of their sexual preference.

Ex. Middle school, my older brother was taunted by a homophobic guy &was constanly calling him gay until my brother threaten to beat him with a shoe. Years passed, that guy turned out to be gay himself.

What I don't get is why people won't flat out call something stupid when it is stupid but instead call it gay. Not only that but they refuse to learn any other words, they would much rather descrate <sp?> the human language.

UnderscoreX
Apr 29, 2008, 09:38 PM
On 2008-04-29 19:12, Leviatha wrote:
Now when most guys say it <It's mostly guys from what I have seen.> that use the term in a derogatory way. I think they swing that term around because they are unsure of their sexual preference.

Ex. Middle school, my older brother was taunted by a homophobic guy &was constanly calling him gay until my brother threaten to beat him with a shoe. Years passed, that guy turned out to be gay himself.
This train of thought really bothers me. I'm an Arachnophobiac, so does that mean i'm really a spider ?

Like Ronin, if the word bothers somebody who i'm around I wont say it, much like how if somebody's dad died of lung cancer I wont walk around saying how cool smoking makes you look.

Blitzkommando
Apr 29, 2008, 10:57 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/blitzkommando/Other/tinytim.jpg

I heard you were calling everything lame. That's mean! You're all a bunch of cruel bastards!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v41/blitzkommando/Other/Williamtheconqueror.jpg

Fuck you, Tiny Tim. Just because I wasn't legitimate doesn't mean I don't have feelings too!

Uncle_bob
Apr 29, 2008, 11:03 PM
On 2008-04-29 19:12, Leviatha wrote:

What I don't get is why people won't flat out call something stupid when it is stupid but instead call it gay. Not only that but they refuse to learn any other words, they would much rather descrate <sp?> the human language.

Calling something stupid is better? What about people that are slow minded? It's not their fault!

Powder Keg
Apr 30, 2008, 08:07 AM
On 2008-04-27 19:05, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
Gay originally only meant happy/bright and colorful.

Homosexuals started saying they were gay, initially meaning that they were happy with their way of life. It became synonymous with homosexual.

Guess what, definitions change, and words get new meanings all the time. While it may never become official as a definition, just accept the fact that it is a well recognized meaning to the word.

Most people who say it, don't associate it with homosexuality at all. I know when I use it, I'm not thinking that.

THE JACKEL

QFT

This topic was useless from this post on.

DreXxiN
Apr 30, 2008, 08:43 AM
On 2008-04-28 10:50, enoch wrote:
lol omg o.o i put "dick is hard" lol I meant richard

LOL. I could only imagine why you made that mistake. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I personally think being gay is wrong <-- Oh, DO YOU NOW, HUN? Hahah. I won't say anything here.

Christian hypocrisy at it's finest lulz.

Anyway, Yeah. Words change meaning, and if you are calling people Lame, or Stupid, that's just as low if not lower, being that this is also derogatory, and the "lame" and "Stupid" people most often times have much less of a choice to be entitled to those things than Homosexuals.

And for the record, for uber christians, even if you don't think gay is right, then so be it. That's fine. If you are against it and you are going to hate them, well I don't exactly find it enticing to know that Lovely Mary was insemenated by....no one, and out popped the dopest mother fucker in town. NO!

So entitled to everyone's opinions as they may be, accept others, please. I understand people beleive that it is wrong to use this term in that sense, but in my humble opinion, there are far worse things, and beyond name calling, physical abuse. These problems should be issued more so than the false diction of "Gay"
[/endbitching]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-04-30 07:02 ]</font>

Seority
Apr 30, 2008, 12:58 PM
On 2008-04-29 12:01, Sekani wrote:

http://www.myteespot.com/images/thumbs/t_7288.jpg

True story.

XD <3

I'll rephrase it then.
Acocording to Christian beliefs, being homosexual is a sin. I would not partake in homosexual activity if I did not want to sin according to my beliefs. As I did state in another topic, if you are not Christian, according to the bible, you are a sinner and can only sin. So if someone else is homosexual and not Christian he/she can be. It's their choice, their belief, just like mine. Does this mean I don't sin? I try not to lol. You know I "sin" constantly with you hun http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif