PDA

View Full Version : ignorant people

NHOutlaw
Apr 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
ok so ive been gone for a year and i srrive bac to american soil in early april. yea...im a soldier. i did what every man would or should do and served my country. so heres my rant.

being a soldier is mostly a job. im not ababy killer, rapist, alcoholic or a man who couldnt find a job. raise your stupid banner that you think soldiers are evil u ignorant prick. yea i could walk up to you and begin whooping your ass but i would not want to sink to your level...plus i dont want to wrinkle my uniform.

yell that your an merican and have free speech when people like me defend it 4 years at a time. you wouldnt be speaking in that tone like your flawless and absolute. if it wasnt for the military your stupid ass would be german nazi.

youre a coward that you can say those words freely and behind a fence which is guarded by a police officer.

granted...there is no place like home and theres always bad apples but nothing would ever change me to be a person like you. just to pour salt over your wound...i salute the flag and you (as a american citizen) and fall asleep to wake up and keep protecting your FREE ass.

Solstis
Apr 28, 2008, 11:36 AM
I think that protesters tend to confuse Blackwater with the American military.

CelestialBlade
Apr 28, 2008, 11:42 AM
This happens to pretty much every occupation. To most people, every politician knows nothing and doesn't care about anyone but themselves, every athlete is full of themselves, every corporate higher-up makes everyone kiss their ass, etc. etc. Humans are very quick to generalize, it's efficient.

Specific to the military, it's simply because everyone hates this war so much that they can't stand approving of a single part of it. Personally I think it's wrong to lump in the opinion of a soldier with one's opinion of an entire war, but that's what often happens. People also do not feel their "freedom" is threatened with this war, considering we actually launched the war. And personally I don't feel like anything is being threatened here either, but that doesn't mean I don't support the soldiers for doing what they feel is right. If they feel it's right, that's all that matters.

People hate the war and it gets taken out on the soldiers. It's not fair but it's what happens.

ABDUR101
Apr 28, 2008, 12:07 PM
It's nothing new, Goooooooodmorning Vietnam~!

My cousin was in Iraq, got called back afew times. We were proud of him for joining the military(before all this with Iraq even started), proud of him for going through all the training, becoming amongst the top of his class in sniping, etc. We were proud of him for seeing something through from start to finish, not because he was 'doing the right thing' by 'protecting america'.

I won't get into the gritty of it, but yeah, Americans are sick of the war now. We had a solid plan to get in, overwhelming force, get done what had to be done and get out; but Bush dicked around and we're still there, seemingly with no end. Frustrations boil to the top, and people misplace it.

Look at it like this, maybe some of those people had loved ones that they lost in the war, and protesting is the only way they can still stand up for the ones they lost, by denouncing the war. Don't be mistaken, I'm sure there are plenty of douchebags out there protesting for no real reason other than it gives them something to whoop and hollar about.

But yeah, there are rapists and plenty of bad apples that got sent over there aswell. As there are in every war, there's always people who sign up for their own reasons, good or bad. You get lumped in with them because thats just how it goes. If I'm working for a company that is known to have crappy service or bad employees, to everyone else I'm going to offer crappy service and be a bad employee until proven otherwise on an individual basis.

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2008, 01:31 PM
When I see a soldier, I think "Whoa, cool!" There's something to be said about going through that rigorous training and facing a life where your life could be in danger at any time. I don't approve of this war, but I still respect those involved.

enoch
Apr 28, 2008, 01:39 PM
lol i was like that when I was 13 ( due to my jackass stepfather who forced me into military crap)

but ya know, i dont like the military idea, but I respect the hell out of soldiers who go fight becuase they wanna protect anything close to them. I dont see them as soldiers, i see them as individuals who went far away to protect thier friends and family. who can get mad at someone like that?!!!! but you know...theres people like my friend, he just wants to kill. thats all. you cant judge a soldier just cause thier a soldier, they are still people

Seority
Apr 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
Seems like you got muscle and respect for the price of your literal skillz mate.
I've never thought the way you say I do, but I know others do. Hope people don't acctually treat you that way http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Sinue_v2
Apr 28, 2008, 03:39 PM
On 2008-04-28 09:36, Solstis wrote:
I think that protesters tend to confuse the American military with George Bush, Rumsfeild, Cheney, etc.

Fix'd.

Blaming the soldier for war is like blaming the gun for a shooting instead of the shooter himself. The military is a weapon, and it is not they who are ultimately responsible for the horrors that war brings. It the responsibility of those who beat the war drums and sent our soldiers off to war.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 28, 2008, 06:11 PM
Support the troops, not the war.

Weeaboolits
Apr 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
People forget that the soldiers get no say in it. once you enlist you have to follow orders or face strict penalties.

As Abdur mentioned, people were rather less than kind to soldiers during Vietnam, which was even more asinine, as if memory serves, there was a draft back then, so the soldiers didn't even have the option of not signing up in the first place.

Raine_Loire
May 1, 2008, 12:54 PM
Hmm... what people are you talking about? Laguna has never encountered anything but thanks when people find out he's a soldier. In fact, he usually doesn't like to go out in uniform because he doesn't like all the attention. You make it sound like there are protesters outside your bases gate! Granted we've been in Germany about a year and a half now and haven't been home since but I can't imagine that protesting has become a rampant problem since we left...

Except the Phelps church. Those m-f ers protest all over the place. They actually came to Ft Campbell when we were stationed there- Laguna was with the 101st airborne and they had a memorial service for all the deaths when they deployed in 05... The service was early 06 I think- the base closed most of the gates, and wives were warned through the FRG to use back gates if they were- you know... weak stomached. Those people are terrible.

But I like to think society as a whole has changed since Vietnam, it's not like it was for the soldiers. Believe me, for every 1 protester there are 100 who would love to meet you to thank you in person! Hopefully you'll get out a bit more now that you're back so you can talk to more people and feel the appreciation that so many have for you! Welcome back!

@Ronin Cooper- yeah, people tend to overlook that most jobs if you're sick, you don't have to go- in the Army, you have to be VERY VERY sick to miss work- and you have to go in to get permission to go to the doctor anyway, lol. In normal jobs, if you don't like what they tell you to do you can quit and find a better job. In the army, if you stop going, you find yourself in jail ^_^

Broodstar1337
May 4, 2008, 06:28 PM
What did you join the army to do? Were you hoping that you'd be plopped into Iraq, shoot everyone up like you remember doing in your Call of Duty games, and return to your homeland where every motherfucker in the entire nation would throw you a ticker tape celebration as you and your unit parade down Times Square? Because that sounds like what you were hoping for while you bawl your eyes out over the fact that people don't want you ending other human lives for oil.

Yes, people are that fucking stupid. I realized this a long time ago; long before I joined the military myself. You're here to defend a nation and it's ideals and interests. You're putting in your service so that other people can achieve the American Dream; work a white-collar job, return home to a loving family, and enjoy a good night's sleep in the comfort of their own home. You're putting in your service so that people can live homeless and survive off what they find in the trash can, so that people can sass you for doing a job they're too much of a pussy to do themselves and get away with it. That's America and you're defending all of it; the good and the bad.

Wanna know why people don't like us? The government sent us to fight a war nobody believes in. Sure, they hate the government too, but we're still the ones over there fighting; wasting our efforts against foes that weren't foes until someone else attacked us. You think of the Army as some big collection of heroes. A hero can stop himself after ordered by a huge political power and say to himself "this isn't right" and then walk the righteous path. No one in any military can do this.

Just settle down. You know as well as anyone else that everyone's doing what they can to bring an end to this senseless battle. Hold out until then and the protesters will get off your ass about it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Broodstar1337 on 2008-05-04 16:28 ]</font>

Raine_Loire
May 5, 2008, 01:01 AM
On 2008-05-04 16:28, Broodstar1337 wrote:
WYou're putting in your service so that you can live homeless and survive off what they find in the trash can when you're out- because employers don't view military service as an employable skill.

fix'd