PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Kill Ranking Board = Worrying About Players

powerofblack
Apr 28, 2008, 01:25 PM
I just want to start off by saying i'm a casual gamer and i do have a life outside of PSU and i'm sure i going to get hate mail for this but i dont care.

But i do worry for all these people trying to get this super ULTRA RARE needle gun WHOOPIE DOO people are spending WAY TOO much time playing this game this get a stupid item and i'm sure after this event is over a few of them will be sold in the shops if they can be.

but anyways i'm getting off track here... (whew)ok i just finished looking like the top 50 players in the game first off...this is only day 3 or 4 of the event and people are already about to break 100,000 kills ok... how is god's name is this possible?

I can only think of 3 reasons how... 1.) This people have no life. 2.) They are on drugs. 3.) Multiple people are taking turns playing on one character.

I'm more than likely to believe #3 but i believe #1 is involved as well...perfect example as far from what i know tidus is ranked #1 on the list but yet they still have time to post?? and if that is the case of multiple people playing;

I personally consider that as cheating and is not fair to the people and that are killing their bodies sleeping only a couple hours a day and playing this game all day long people guess what?? there is something outside of this game its called the real world!!

I say go out into the world meet a girl meet a guy go out to the movies or go do something you dont need to kill yourselves to get some little toy.

And if you get one good for you guess what? a couple of months down the road every one that didn't get one doing to event will get one eventually when they release them to the public oh sure it wont be as powerful or as cool but its going to be the same gun with the same effect it just wont have the (/g) at the end of its name.

btw its probably gonna be Kubara anyways meaning...it gonna SUCK!!!

And I put this in closing... please stop drinking rockstars, redbulls, or other energy drinks your only hurting you body even further.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: powerofblack on 2008-04-28 12:28 ]</font>

daniel_drago
Apr 28, 2008, 01:27 PM
i'll atempt to read this after my eye sight has ajusted its self but please could you split it up a little please. thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Right read your pst now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I do agree with some of it energy does ruin your body you're suposed toi have no more than 1 can a week in i recal corectly lol

plus the whole mutiple ppl per account i would class as cheatin as well

but i doubt ur lil rant is goin to make a difference but as a whole u hav ur priorities straight and does Tidus...there just not paralele

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: daniel_drago on 2008-04-28 11:31 ]</font>

Sekani
Apr 28, 2008, 01:28 PM
Your concerns have been noted. Your account will be investigated, and you will receive a response within 48 hours.

Anduril
Apr 28, 2008, 01:30 PM
Ok, first: Wow, that's a lot of text. Second: Welcome, this probably should be in the rants forum, but it will probably get moved there if a mod believes so, so no need to pay attention to that right now. Now Tidus could post and play at the same time just because anyone can. If you are on 360 or PS2 you could have a laptop with you or a computer in the same room, or on the PC you can have the browser and PSU running at the same time.
Also consider the fact that people have been anticipating MAG for a while, so they may have taken time off for the weekend just to play for large blocks of time: I'm sure in the next few days we'll see the numbrs slow down a bit.
As for the Spread Needle/G, not all Kubara weapons suck, the ones that aren't knockoff versions are often very good weapons for their Star Rarity, and others, like Spread Needle, gain large amounts of PP and ATP after grinding.

Zorafim
Apr 28, 2008, 01:32 PM
There's too much tl;dr in this topic...

Aries2384
Awww is poor wittle baby upset because he can't keep up with the leaderboards? I initially didn't like the idea of the leaderboards, but you know, its hella fun! So quit yer bitchin and get to playin or step off. Don't sit there and flame us because either A.) Your preferences differ from ours or B.) Yer just mad because joo sux!
On a side note... So what, most of the people who are playing like mad men, don't play like this all the time. Its an event dumb ass. Its supposed to be different from normal gameplay.

Seority
If only I had a quarter everytime I've heard someone complain about this. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif
1)People arn't straining themselves. They have passion for this game. I'm sure they all have lives outside this game, but some think higher of it then you the casual player.
2)They arn't doing this only for the needle. They are doing it for the fame also. To become known as a "good" psu players. I say "good" because spamming C runs during this awesoem event is quite sad and doesn't really improve your playing skills anyway. Glad time attack is way different and more amusing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
3) About what you mentioned on sharing accounts. I totally hate that also. Even though I don't see the leaderboards as highly as others do, it's still unfair to those who are the only ones on their account doing the best they can just to get passed up by those who like to "cheat".
4)If you're a casual player, none of this should concern you. Go to your real life where you claim you care about more and bitch about things there. The leaderboards arn't hurting you in any way/shape/form.

This has been helpful advice from Seority. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-04-28 11:34 ]</font>

R2D6battlebot
Apr 28, 2008, 01:33 PM
Im not even on the leaderboards, but frankly Im getting sick of posts like these. As far as I knew, people were allowed to spend their time HOWEVER THEY WANT. Usually nobody complains how someone else uses their time unless it inadvertently affects them, but you people just keep bitching about 'boo-hoo no life must be drugs' when in actuality its really just something youve probably never heard of. Let me link for you OP. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/commitment
People who post things like this are communists who excrete cancer.

daniel_drago
Apr 28, 2008, 01:36 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:33, R2D6battlebot wrote:
Im not even on the leaderboards, but frankly Im getting sick of posts like these. As far as I knew, people were allowed to spend their time HOWEVER THEY WANT. Usually nobody complains how someone else uses their time unless it inadvertently affects them, but you people just keep bitching about 'boo-hoo no life must be drugs' when in actuality its really just something youve probably never heard of. Let me link for you OP. http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/commitment
People who post things like this are communists who excrete cancer.

I WILL NOT TOLERATE ILL WORDS AGAINST COMMUNISTS....however i do agree with you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

daniel_drago
Apr 28, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:37, Aries2384 wrote:

On 2008-04-28 11:32, Zorafim wrote:

There are too many words in this topic. It could be summed up in a very small amount ( Not against you Zora)
OP: Wah-wah
Rest: CRY SOME MORE!

Fix'd

Aries2384
Apr 28, 2008, 01:37 PM

There are too many words in this topic. It could be summed up in a very small amount ( Not against you Zora)
Rest: Shush you.

Aries2384
Apr 28, 2008, 01:38 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:37, daniel_drago wrote:

On 2008-04-28 11:37, Aries2384 wrote:

Rest: CRY SOME MORE!

Fix'd

Thank you Daniel, i knew I was missing something.

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 01:40 PM
Lol, it's all good. I know some people who are sharing accounts and STILL aren't on the leader board. Some people define themselves by the games they play. They have nothing else in life that provides personal gratification and recognition. It's sad but it is true. This is their whole life. To be known throughout the entire community as one of the elites is gratification enough for these people. Ten to twenty years down the road, some will wake up and wonder what they have actually done with their life. Where did the time all go? What have I really accomplished? Some will never wake up, being satisfied in their fake world.

KiiLoo
Apr 28, 2008, 01:42 PM
who agrees with me when i say i think this noob has flamed himself? haha

If your not a fan of playing alot then dont play alot, dont be a noob and post junk that makes everyone just not like you.

Kanore
Apr 28, 2008, 01:43 PM
Kill Ranking Board = Worrying About Players

Aw, here goes... *click*

I just want to start off by saying i'm a casual gamer

Guess you're not getting the Needle then, sucks to be you...

people are spending WAY TOO much time playing this game this get a stupid item

Aw you won't be getting the stupid item then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

how is god's name is this possible? i can only think of 3 reasons how... 1.) This people have no life. 2.) They are on drugs. 3.) Multiple people are taking turns playing on one character.

4.) Not whining and bitching about being a casual player and playing the way they want to

ThEoRy
Apr 28, 2008, 01:44 PM
Legend has it...

that long ago,

punctuation marks

and enter keys

made many a posts legible......

Aries2384
Apr 28, 2008, 01:44 PM
You know what MCFly? The world sucks. Life is unfair, we are born into debt and the road to death is an uphill battle. Whats wrong with achieving something in a game? Isn't Soccer a game? Isn't Football a game? You call us sad and pathetic and that we never wake up. Yet we have Church that ends early, billions of dollars invested into, and people ROUND the world all drooling and couching over one thing such as you call it: Super Bowl Sunday. Yes football. Its the same damn thing. Does football net US anything? No. Does it Settle war and polution? No. They are both games. Shut the hell up. People have their preferences, let them satisfy them.

Danny_Dark
Apr 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
Well...In my Spare Time i can do
what I want...or not...!?

-Tidus_415-
Apr 28, 2008, 01:45 PM
LOL

Im fine everybody ^_^

majan
Apr 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
people have hobbies,dude. by definition, a hobby is 1. an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.

take it easy on the people who enjoy to play the damn game. some people get more involved than others and they take pride in it,the way someone who collects cards will spend hours a day organizing and buying them or the way a hobby model builder will go all out to get taht '67 chevy hes been looking for.

sure some people go a little overboard when it overtakes their life but that's their problem.

easy,rover.

Aries2384
Apr 28, 2008, 01:46 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:45, -Tidus_415- wrote:
LOL

Im fine everybody ^_^

Oh, hi Tidus! Grats on being sooo wayyy above on the board! Keep going! Yall are just building crazy kills!

Kanore
Apr 28, 2008, 01:47 PM
LOL

Im fine everybody ^_^

get back to staying in first

Anduril
Apr 28, 2008, 01:48 PM
LOL

Im fine everybody ^_^

Don't talk. Just play and bring us to the victory of unlocking prizes!

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:46, majan wrote:
people have hobbies,dude. by definition, a hobby is 1. an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.

take it easy on the people who enjoy to play the damn game. some people get more involved than others and they take pride in it,the way someone who collects cards will spend hours a day organizing and buying them or the way a hobby model builder will go all out to get taht '67 chevy hes been looking for.

sure some people go a little overboard when it overtakes their life but that's their problem.

easy,rover.

Take it easy on him..he's worry and all..It's part of human nature to care unless you all isn't humane amiright?

SonicTMP
Apr 28, 2008, 01:50 PM
Too much text!!!

Bottom line is don't worry about the leader boards. Insulting the people on there will not gain you anything. If you want the item then take some time and work for it or save up to buy/trade for one.

Other than that, stop caring about how other people play the game. Obession over the top ranks you'll never hit is just as bad.

OmgHi
Apr 28, 2008, 01:50 PM
Lmao....just because YOU can't rank on the boards it means everyone else has no life correct?

I'm currently ranked 29, Kari and guess what? I worked Friday all day and I am at work right now and I still managed to rank in the top 100.

It's called party efficiency, I see way too many people complaining about "omg S run sucks it takes 25+ mins" or something along those lines or "omg C run spammer noobs" all the time.

I mean seriously it's getting annoying and old, all these topics about leaderboards. Just get over it and don't hate on the people playing. It's thier time and effort being spent not yours.

If you spent as much time and effort into actually playing the game instead of worrying about the leaderboards, you might actually rank and help out the community as a whole in unlocking the prizes.

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 01:53 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:44, Aries2384 wrote:
You know what MCFly? The world sucks. Life is unfair, we are born into debt and the road to death is an uphill battle. Whats wrong with achieving something in a game? Isn't Soccer a game? Isn't Football a game? You call us sad and pathetic and that we never wake up. Yet we have Church that ends early, billions of dollars invested into, and people ROUND the world all drooling and couching over one thing such as you call it: Super Bowl Sunday. Yes football. Its the same damn thing. Does football net US anything? No. Does it Settle war and polution? No. They are both games. Shut the hell up. People have their preferences, let them satisfy them.

You my friend are an easily excitable retard. When did I say soccer and football aren't in the same category? I feel the same exact way about people spending their time watching football and soccer as I do about these gamers. I'm sorry, I study, work or freakin read a book. Why don't you untie your tight ass panties and YOU shut the hell up. Stop putting words into my mouth you waste of space.

Edit: Grammar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-28 11:54 ]</font>

Seority
Apr 28, 2008, 01:54 PM
Oh yeah. Just so you know, Tidus is a number 3.
;/

Seority
Apr 28, 2008, 01:55 PM
And McFly, you play just as much as the "retard" who started this thread. Stop contradicting yourself.

amtalx
Apr 28, 2008, 01:57 PM
Frankie says relax. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:55, Seority wrote:
And McFly, you play just as much as the "retard" who started this thread. Stop contradicting yourself.

Are you that much of an idiot that you didn't comprehend my original post? 1. Never called the OP an idiot. Never said a word about him. 2. You're right, I do play as much as the OP. Which is rarely according to his post. I get to for maybe 45 minutes on the weekday nights. This weekend, I slept for 11 hours twice, so obviously I wasn't playing during my sleep. Don't talk about things you have no comprehension of Seority. This is an adult conversation.

panzer_unit
Apr 28, 2008, 01:59 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:40, McFlyVII wrote:
Ten to twenty years down the road, some will wake up and wonder what they have actually done with their life. Where did the time all go? What have I really accomplished? Some will never wake up, being satisfied in their fake world.

As if this is true of "real life" too. Ten years of marriage, and you find out her love has been a lie ever since the honeymoon ended. At least videogames don't take your kids away and demand life-sucking support payments.

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 02:01 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:59, panzer_unit wrote:

On 2008-04-28 11:40, McFlyVII wrote:
Ten to twenty years down the road, some will wake up and wonder what they have actually done with their life. Where did the time all go? What have I really accomplished? Some will never wake up, being satisfied in their fake world.

As if this is true of "real life" too. Ten years of marriage, and you find out her love has been a lie ever since the honeymoon ended. At least videogames don't take your kids away and demand life-sucking support payments.

Amen brother. This is indeed applicable to all facets of life. I too am very disappointed in the quality of women (and men) today as opposed to 10-20 years ago. This country is completely absent of morals and getting worse.

Edit: Added: "and men".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-04-28 12:02 ]</font>

Kanore
Apr 28, 2008, 02:02 PM
Don't talk about things you have no comprehension of Seority. This is an adult conversation.

Well, there goes all credibility you will ever have in any discussion from this point on, Mr. Adult.

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
PSOW becoming like PSU forums
:inb4lock:

Andy1423
Apr 28, 2008, 02:03 PM
Oh well dude. I have a full time job and a part time job, so my chances are pretty much slim of getting a S needle. NOT to mention my xbox died two days before the event and I just got a replacement last night, making this harsh reallity a bit more real.

BUT I'm going to still try my hardest to get that frickin thing. I think the leader boards are SWEET!!! I especially like the time attack board, (although they should make it so every creature has to be defeated and NOT SKIP sections). The point is you shouldn't be so negative just cause your not a good player.

(and how do i know this............)

Cause you obviously don't know @#$% It's the spread needle homie, look it up on PSO-world (right next to the forums index) You might learn somthing about grinding while you're at it.

You have no dedication, PSO PSU or whatever, you're the kinda person who gives up on everything and then Boo whoos about it so you can get yours for free.

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 02:04 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:02, Kanore wrote:

Don't talk about things you have no comprehension of Seority. This is an adult conversation.

Well, there goes all credibility you will ever have in any discussion from this point on, Mr. Adult.

I love how these people automatically attribute being an adult with being mature. Not all adults are the pillar of maturity. YOU just proved how unintelligent you really are.

Kanore
Apr 28, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah, I enjoyed watching how this particular thread was able to degenerate from a kid whining and moaning about 'people playing too much' into an even more degenerate 'adult conversation'.

I love how these people automatically attribute being an adult with being mature. Not all adults are the pillar of maturity. YOU just proved how unintelligent you really are.

o ok

i cnt partipate in adlt diskussion

i cnt get sprd needl u all play 2 muhc

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2008-04-28 12:06 ]</font>

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 02:06 PM
What with the dam hatefest http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-04-28 12:06 ]</font>

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 02:10 PM
Hey, I'm not one of the people that got all "butthurt" about someone else's opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Danny_Dark
Apr 28, 2008, 02:11 PM
Hey,whats going on...!?

daniel_drago
Apr 28, 2008, 02:13 PM
less hate CRY MORE

Voison
Apr 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
wow...

reading this Topic just makes me laugh...

CeruleanWitch
Apr 28, 2008, 02:14 PM
lolcasuals.

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 02:15 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:11, Danny_Dark wrote:
Hey,whats going on...!?

Let me some it up. A bunch of Carnivous beasts ganged up on a single little prey ( A rabbit for example) and torn it up like nothing. Then another blood thirsty animal try take them all on.

Thats what has happen.

Danny_Dark
Apr 28, 2008, 02:16 PM
Ah...I see...

Seority
Apr 28, 2008, 02:16 PM
I'll just restate what I said earlier about casual players McFly, because you obviously didn't read it.

On 2008-04-28 11:32, Seority wrote:
4)If you're a casual player, none of this should concern you. Go to your real life where you claim you care about more and bitch about things there. The leaderboards arn't hurting you in any way/shape/form.

You are contradicting yourself getting heated over the leaderboards just like the OP.
Sorry to hear you think I'm not an adult, but it's ok because I'm not trying to impress you or get your vote for anything. Just stating some facts, childish or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-04-28 12:17 ]</font>

LuigiMario
Apr 28, 2008, 02:17 PM
Add this to my personal entetainment. Love it when they bitch. So ammusing watching them cry.

-Tidus_415-
Apr 28, 2008, 02:18 PM
Yay I just reached 100k

Anyway. I sholud be the last person you all should worry about. I have control and know my limits. No names but some players in the top 2-10 keep playing until they pass out in the middle of a run....*shurgs* But how do I stay 1st?

On 2008-04-28 11:50, OmgHi wrote:
It's called party efficiency

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:16, Seority wrote:

I'll just restate what I said earlier about casual players McFly, because you obviously didn't read it.

You are contradicting yourself getting heated over the leaderboards just like the OP.
Sorry to hear you think I'm not an adult, but it's ok because I'm not trying to impress you or get your vote for anything. Just stating some facts, childish or not.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-04-28 12:17 ]</font>

Well don't get worked up if someone doesn't share your opinion.The world doesn't work efficiently that way.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-04-28 12:29 ]</font>

Katrina
Apr 28, 2008, 02:21 PM
Meh, i just wanted on the leaderboard for the goofy face pics. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Been there, done that, now time to relax and enjoy playing casually again.

Kanore
Apr 28, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:19, GuardianElite wrote:
Well don't get worked up if someone doesn't share your opinion.The world doesn't work that way.

Yes it does. Why do you think there are wars?

Danny_Dark
Congratulations! Tidus.

OmgHi
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif indeed

Keep up the kills man, it's funny how before the even people complained about "wahh PSU too easy" well look at the leaderboards.

Something challenging finally appeared and now everyone cries "wahh no life players I cant get into the ranks!"

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 02:24 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:16, Seority wrote:

LIKE I SAID. You are not understanding my post at all. I am not mad at leader boards at all. How on Earth did you gather that I was protesting the leader boards in my OP? I was stating my opinion of why I think people live in a games. I don't even think I mentioned the word leader board. Well, just checked. I said the word leader board, but never stated any favor or disfavor with it. I gave up on making the leader boards before MAG started. Check my post history before MAG if you don't believe me. So nope, sorry Seority, you are wrong again. There is no "heated" happening on my end. I am reiterating: Until you can perfectly comprehend and decipher the words that I am saying, this conversation WILL be over your head. Sorry ;P.

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 02:25 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:22, Kanore wrote:

Well don't get worked up if someone doesn't share your opinion.The world doesn't work that way.

Why do you think wars are started?

Ken_Silver
Apr 28, 2008, 02:26 PM
I have walked into the depths of heck and I was not amused.

Then I read this topic and told the Devil that I found him some new space for rent.

I mean, if you love PSU, then play it as you please. Casual, hardcore, one a month, veteran, newcomer or anything else under the sun. Does it really matter if people play "too much?" At least they are a dedicated consumer... and we along with SEGA need a lot more of them, to keep this game alive.

Your anger is in the wrong direction, young one (TC). If you want to make a difference, recruit new members, not bash existing ones.

The path of a Guardian is not an easy one.

AlMcFly
Apr 28, 2008, 02:27 PM
On 2008-04-28 12:22, Kanore wrote:

I'll help with this question. Wars are rarely fought over opinions. Wars are fought over greed and money. Yes it IS that black and white. The only opinionated wars are between Hamas and Israel.

What he should have said is "The world doesn't work efficiently that way.

enoch
Apr 28, 2008, 02:28 PM
Im kinda like that too, i want it ut after i get it d be like....ok....................what now?
real life is fun XD

Morganna
Apr 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
Right or wrong, leave the OP alone, this subject is hardly anything to get worked up or self righteous about.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 28, 2008, 02:39 PM
Hmmm as far as how people spend thier time.....it shouldnt really bother you. I do agree with you that it isnt all that fair for those to get a weapon that ironically will be out eventually...but thats how they want to spend thier time...so let them....When i get on, i spend my time leveling my other characters...but thats just me......Others really want to that spread needle so there spending there time doing that

To make my message short...
Dont let what other people do ruin ur time on this game.

Bsides the ironic thing bout this.....those who are spamming C are also helping us get the rewards faster....So its negative-positive situation xD if you get what i mean

stukasa
Apr 28, 2008, 03:03 PM
I read the first page of this thread, then skipped the rest. There's nothing I want to add but I just wanted to repeat what Charger said:

On 2008-04-28 12:39, Charger89 wrote:
Bsides the ironic thing bout this.....those who are spamming C are also helping us get the rewards faster....So its negative-positive situation xD if you get what i mean

To the OP: You may not like the leaderboard but it's helping us get the kills we need to (hopefully) meet the 200 million goal. Without it, I doubt we'd have a chance of making it.

As a casual player myself, I'm not on the leaderboard and it doesn't bother me a bit. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

AerisZeal
Apr 28, 2008, 04:40 PM
Wow... People made a really big stink over this huh? Had it ever crossed anyone's mind that the OP was actually concerned about your well being or were you too busy stroking your e-peens and saying "kik, ur mad cuz u cnt b on ldrbdz, nub. XD XD" In actuality OP doesn't even have the game at the moment, I know, I'm his cousin. And are currently in possession of said game.

Honestly I don't agree with the C spammers either, especially trying to come off as martyrs who are just trying to get the prizes for everyone. You and I both know for damn sure that not one of the people on page one, ranking 1st through 100th have ANY concern for the community's, prize vault, as it were and only care that they get a "zomg cheeze needle". But unlike my dear cousin I am not concerned about them. I consider them cheating scumbags that should find their way to the closest burning building and place themselves within. They've turned a competition into a mockery of the word, you haven't worked for anything so don't think so highly of yourself, C rank is hardly work, en mass or not.

tl;dr: Get over yourselves and grow up.

chu-chu-chu
Apr 28, 2008, 04:47 PM
This is so easy!

If I don't think something is worth my time to do then it isn't worth anyone's time to do.

DUH!

>.>!

Christmas
Apr 28, 2008, 05:06 PM
Look, Sega gave us a leader board that we wanted to be on. To stay ranked we have to do C rank runs because everyone else is able to. If we couldn't do C, B, or A rank runs we'd just do S. We would still be ranked, the desire to be on the boards is pretty strong.

Anyway, I'm giving up on placing in the top 3. My 360 died, have to ship it in. I'm trying to fix another one at home, but that'll take all day. I've fallen too far behind. Not sure if I'll place top 10 now. It depends how quickly I'm able to get back in the game.

Serephim
Apr 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:25, powerofblack wrote:
I just want to start off by saying i'm a casual gamer and i do have a life outside of PSU and i'm sure i going to get hate mail for this but i dont care.

But i do worry for all these people trying to get this super ULTRA RARE needle gun WHOOPIE DOO people are spending WAY TOO much time playing this game this get a stupid item and i'm sure after this event is over a few of them will be sold in the shops if they can be.

but anyways i'm getting off track here... (whew)ok i just finished looking like the top 50 players in the game first off...this is only day 3 or 4 of the event and people are already about to break 100,000 kills ok... how is god's name is this possible?

I can only think of 3 reasons how... 1.) This people have no life. 2.) They are on drugs. 3.) Multiple people are taking turns playing on one character.

I'm more than likely to believe #3 but i believe #1 is involved as well...perfect example as far from what i know tidus is ranked #1 on the list but yet they still have time to post?? and if that is the case of multiple people playing;

I personally consider that as cheating and is not fair to the people and that are killing their bodies sleeping only a couple hours a day and playing this game all day long people guess what?? there is something outside of this game its called the real world!!

I say go out into the world meet a girl meet a guy go out to the movies or go do something you dont need to kill yourselves to get some little toy.

And if you get one good for you guess what? a couple of months down the road every one that didn't get one doing to event will get one eventually when they release them to the public oh sure it wont be as powerful or as cool but its going to be the same gun with the same effect it just wont have the (/g) at the end of its name.

And I put this in closing... please stop drinking rockstars, redbulls, or other energy drinks your only hurting you body even further.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: powerofblack on 2008-04-28 12:28 ]</font>

Worry about yourself kthx

Obviously the Spread Needle isnt for you. Stop worrying about other people and worry about yourself, and if you cant compete then just fall out.

Its like saying Kobe Bryant is unfair for being able to run fast. If you dont want to spend hours on end trying to say ahead of people for something, then by all means, dont.

You sound like a Console fanboy.

CelestialBlade
Apr 28, 2008, 05:07 PM
Nobody cares if you're first, nobody cares if you're last.

Oh, does that hurt? That nobody is going to care about how much effort anyone puts into this after the event's over?

Yeah, because it's a game. Just do what you want and let others do what they want. In the end, nobody will give a shit, so just do what you think is fun.

bLOODSAW
Apr 28, 2008, 05:14 PM
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/7861/ththa70c54f8wx7px1.gif (http://imageshack.us)

Rashiid
Apr 28, 2008, 05:19 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:44, ThEoRy wrote:
Legend has it...

that long ago,

punctuation marks

and enter keys

made many a posts legible......

Ok man, enough of the bogusness...

Sasamichan
Apr 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
On 2008-04-28 11:25, powerofblack wrote:
BAWWWWW

This is what I see when I read this post.

RadiantLegend
Apr 28, 2008, 05:29 PM
Hey I think its a good idea the top 10 are having a blast killing stuff. Means i can focus on my finals without worrying about reaching the top goal.

So go Guys!!! Aim has your support.

"Getting synth bonus is SERIOUS business" so no more down talking these guys.

Endykins
Apr 28, 2008, 05:31 PM
I'm a bad person and i should die in a fire cause of it. =(

Totti
Apr 28, 2008, 06:09 PM
On 2008-04-28 14:40, AerisZeal wrote:
Wow... People made a really big stink over this huh? Had it ever crossed anyone's mind that the OP was actually concerned about your well being or were you too busy stroking your e-peens and saying "kik, ur mad cuz u cnt b on ldrbdz, nub. XD XD" In actuality OP doesn't even have the game at the moment, I know, I'm his cousin. And are currently in possession of said game.

Honestly I don't agree with the C spammers either, especially trying to come off as martyrs who are just trying to get the prizes for everyone. You and I both know for damn sure that not one of the people on page one, ranking 1st through 100th have ANY concern for the community's, prize vault, as it were and only care that they get a "zomg cheeze needle". But unlike my dear cousin I am not concerned about them. I consider them cheating scumbags that should find their way to the closest burning building and place themselves within. They've turned a competition into a mockery of the word, you haven't worked for anything so don't think so highly of yourself, C rank is hardly work, en mass or not.

tl;dr: Get over yourselves and grow up.

Amen brother. It's funny how the little nerds are quick to join their sheep bretherin in saying 'Baww Baww the needle isn't for you'

No Shit it's not for him! He wasn't whining - In fact, the only people whining are the people quick to jump down his throat about having an opinion.

After all, isn't that what this board is about? Or have i jumped head-first into an elitist (Pfft...If you want to call yourselves elitists because you choose to spend your hours doing runs that take one hit to clear enemies) cesspool of trash?

End rant.

Kanore
Apr 28, 2008, 06:26 PM
On 2008-04-28 16:09, Totti wrote:
No Shit it's not for him! He wasn't whining - In fact, the only people whining are the people quick to jump down his throat about having an opinion.

Well damn, guess the majority - most of which actually plays the game, was totally wrong in jumping down the throat of some kid who decided to make a trolling thread about a game which he doesn't even play. We're all wrong and we're little nerd elitists.

You know what? We had our opinions too. Our opinions were that he should stop with the goddamn whining, but you're just bringing everything full circle by flaming everyone.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2008-04-28 16:26 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 28, 2008, 07:05 PM
I mean i dont approve of them spamming but i cant do anything bout it so its w/e.

tihoa
Apr 28, 2008, 07:11 PM
i'm pretty sure the top players on the list with kills share their accounts with other people. when you have like 4 people playing your account round the clock, you can easily rack up a large number of kills.

if we are to reach the 200 million kill mark, a lot more players will need to spam C and "cheat" their way through the ranking board.

Apone
Apr 28, 2008, 07:19 PM
Ill root for my friends in the top 10.....as i slip out of the top 200 >:{.... but thats workin for ya. I still want that needle and something about these leaderboards have awoken the old school hardcore gamer in me. Havent felt this way in a long time... I like it. (Shwartszengger yell) NEEDLE!!!!
The ones I know in the top 10 dont account share, you wouldn' beleive how dedicated they are. Its actually quite amazing.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apone on 2008-04-28 17:22 ]</font>

Alamar
Apr 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
Lets see they are helping to reach the 200 mil mark. I am sure they know their limits. So kill away to 200 mil http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Criss
Apr 28, 2008, 07:41 PM
Wow, I'm surprised this thread isn't locked yet.

Why don't people just stop whining about these C rank spammers? If they want to spend over a hundred hour this month spamming the same easy C rank mission over and over for this little piece of online data, it's their business. They're indirectly helping the global kill count for the whole population, so I say let them keep at it if that's what they wanna do.

It's not as if having a spread needle will be game breaker. Just get a Desta, grind it a bit, and you have all the shotgun power you need. The only thing you get from having that needle is bragging rights. And even then... brag about what? How you were able to withstand doing the same boring and challengeless mission for a whole month? The true spread needle will be released at some point in the future anyways. Then you'll be able to brag about how yours has a /G at the end.

So really, stop the arguing and just let them go at it. They'll get their above average shotgun, the community gets a higher global kill count as a result, and everyone's happy. Of course some people might have concerns about these people's health, but I don't think a fansite forum is the place to discuss that.

Ryna
Apr 28, 2008, 07:43 PM
We already have a dozen threads about leaderboard drama. No need to start a new one.