PDA

View Full Version : Serafi-Senba Q: drops more @S2? {Jp Players}

Clunker
Apr 28, 2008, 03:41 PM
Per Topic:

Before MAG hit, I've been hunting that [B] since late December 07 - and nada.

I've gone 0-15 on WarTecher, FighGunner, ForteFighter, & 0-10 on AcroFighter during all that White Beast spamming - nothing by S runs.

Jp Server Players - any chance that this ridiculously elusive [B] drops more commonly on S2?
Or that it drops ANYwhere else/from anything else?

Any info is much appreciated.

(And, "just buy one" isn't an option - I've about 10mil, and the cheapest I've seen the board OR armor was 17.5mil...)

hewitt
Apr 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
Id like to know this too >< Cant seem to get my hands on one :<

Minamo
Apr 28, 2008, 05:23 PM
I cannot answer because the GBR event boosts drop rate in the mission now. If we find the boards more frequently, I am not sure if it is the influence of GBR or the difficulty (S / S2).

Anyway, some people claim that the drop rate is not high even with 6 X 50% players (300%) in the mission.

GuardianElite
Apr 28, 2008, 05:24 PM
On 2008-04-28 15:23, Minamo wrote:
I cannot answer because the GBR event boosts drop rate in the mission now. If we find the boards more frequently, I am not sure if it is the influence of GBR or the difficulty (S / S2).

Anyway, some people claim that the drop rate is not high even with 6 X 50% players (300%) in the mission.

Yeah too bad GBR doesnt effect boss drop box http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Inazuma
Apr 28, 2008, 05:32 PM
i posted before saying that it seems to drop more often on s2 but im not positive. ive done roughly 10 runs on S2 and serafi dropped about 4 times. and ive done maybe around 200 runs on S and serafi has dropped about 5 times.

Xaeris
Apr 28, 2008, 05:49 PM
Oh, Serafi still drops in S2? I would have assumed the drop would gets upgraded to Asura-senba. Go fig.

Clunker
Apr 28, 2008, 06:09 PM
On 2008-04-28 15:32, Inazuma wrote:
i posted before saying that it seems to drop more often on s2 but im not positive. ive done roughly 10 runs on S2 and serafi dropped about 4 times. and ive done maybe around 200 runs on S and serafi has dropped about 5 times.

Whoof! 4 out of 10 S2 runs payed out a Serafi-Senba?!

Holy Light! Now THAT'S what I'm talking about!!

A kind MAG player informed me just this weekend of the "Rabol Rappy" Armor - a Light-only, 4 Slot armor.

I don't know HOW I missed that armor previously, but I've managed to snag a 34% Light one for 800k.

(I still need to figure out a 4 slot DARK armor for Ruins tho...)

When we get WB S2, or MAG ends, I'll be in a good position to spam that mission for the superior Serafi-Senba.

Maybe the synth boosts will take effect at the same time that the S2 arrives on non-Jp servers...
That'd be nice - grabbing about 3-4 armors, and synthing w/ elements at 100%.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clunker on 2008-04-28 16:10 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clunker on 2008-04-28 16:11 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Clunker on 2008-04-28 16:11 ]</font>

MSAksion
Apr 28, 2008, 06:41 PM
Serafi Senba has more benefits. Lower Reqruiement to use, and higher DEFense and is any element. AND its S rank meaning you can use S rank units that will come out shortly (orpa Force and Red Force are out)

The Rabol Rappy though good must be LIGHT which is a death sentence in HIVE and has no bonuses only EVASION.

10* S-Rank = Serafi-Senba Yohmei Corp.
-Has all 4 slots - Head Arm Body Extra
-Requres 75 Defense to Equip.
-Can be synthed with ANY ELEMENT

Defense - 180
Evasion - 205
Magic Def - 130
***HIDDEN BONUS***
ATP UP - 20
TP Up - 20

8* A-Rank = Rabol Rappy Tenora Works.
-Has all 4 slots - Head Arm Body Extra
-Requires 93 Defense to Equip.
-Must be synthed with GRA Light Photons only.

Defense -110
Evasion - 240
Magic Def - 130
Requires - 93 Defense Stat

Ffuzzy-Logik
Apr 28, 2008, 07:14 PM
On 2008-04-28 15:49, Xaeris wrote:
Oh, Serafi still drops in S2? I would have assumed the drop would gets upgraded to Asura-senba. Go fig.

Serafi board drops, but El-senba (15*) drops made. Allegedly.

Clunker
Apr 28, 2008, 07:29 PM
MSAksion: Oh, I was well aware that the Serafi-senba totally lords it over the Rabol Rappy.

But, considering that White Beast is all but TOTALLY light - based, if I'd known about it consciously, I'd have been wearing one during all that WB spammage, to cut down on the damage taken.

Given an equal choice, SS is obviously the better - but considering SS [B] drops are vanishingly rare, I can limp by with RR until WB S2 comes out to help the drop rates.

Put it another way - Serafi-Senba armors MADE cost more than 0/8 or 0/9 S rank Rifles... and we all know how hard it is to find those as well.

Criss
Apr 28, 2008, 08:04 PM
Wow. I never realized they were that rare. Must have been really lucky to get two boards back when the mission first came out. I knew there was something wrong when I noticed there are so few of them in shops while most of the population was spamming that same mission nonstop. Go figure. -_-'

Legendria
Apr 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
Sega turned the drops down immensely at some point.

Sanzu-Hiken used to drop every 3 runs, now it almost doesn't exist along with [B] Serafi-Senba

Clunker
Apr 28, 2008, 10:19 PM
Hey, Inazuma: Did these 10 WB S2 runs back-to-back, or a certain amount over a set period? Details!

Any info on how others have lucked out with the S2/GBR Neudaiz I'd love to know, in order to maximize my chances once that mission skips over the pond...

Somewhat related: Since I 'forgot' that RR existed, is there another A rank 4 slot Armor, say, that is Dark only? Or, if any can, suggest a 'good' A to S rank armor that has at least Arm, Body, and Extra slots...
Head slots isn't totally critical, but is especially important when I want to do the War/Guntecher classes, as might be guessed.

funnymatt
Apr 28, 2008, 10:38 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/2/line_shields/

mvffin
Apr 29, 2008, 01:24 AM
On 2008-04-28 18:59, Legendria wrote:
Sega turned the drops down immensely at some point.

Sanzu-Hiken used to drop every 3 runs, now it almost doesn't exist along with [B] Serafi-Senba

my theory is that drop rates are based upon how many of that specific item is in circulation.

whenever we get a new mission (egg thieves, HSM) I've noticed that more stuff drops the first few runs after maintenance. the next couple days it slows down a bit, and a month later you get NOTHING EVER.

Inazuma
Apr 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
On 2008-04-28 20:19, Clunker wrote:
Hey, Inazuma: Did these 10 WB S2 runs back-to-back, or a certain amount over a set period? Details!

Any info on how others have lucked out with the S2/GBR Neudaiz I'd love to know, in order to maximize my chances once that mission skips over the pond...

they werent back to back. most of em were from doing full GBR runs in big parties.

btw, i did 2 GBR S2 full runs last nite and serafisenba dropped once. so that makes it 5 outta 12 runs now i guess. too bad the serafis never go to me -_-

Clunker
Apr 29, 2008, 01:33 PM
Thanks, that is most helpful. Knowing that it drops moderately well even withOUT back to back runs, is most encouraging. BTW: how hard is it for a team of 100s+ to run WB S2? Is it still a near-sleep run, or is it more challenging with the higher mobs?

Inazuma
Apr 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
it actually has some small challenge if you try to solo it. but if you have at least 3 ppl it should be total cake.

Inazuma
May 2, 2008, 12:18 PM
did roughly 5 white beast S2 runs last nite and serafisenba dropped twice. it really drops like crazy. im surprised it costs 15m on jp ver considering how common it is.

Miyuki
May 2, 2008, 02:43 PM
Nice - easy 30mil. Maybe people there have better missions to run instead of WB?

DarkEliteRico
May 2, 2008, 02:51 PM
On 2008-05-02 12:43, Miyuki wrote:
Nice - easy 30mil. Maybe people there have better missions to run instead of WB?

lolz, they went back to WB a week or so into MAG. Not too many missions can compare to the sheer yet sad truth that it pays well to play there

tailz
May 3, 2008, 01:52 AM
ya idunno what the deal was but sega finally decided to catch me up a little bit after a year of NO good drops lol first 2 weeks of white beast, i got all my characters capped out through solo S runs and got 7 [B] serafi-senba's total out of prolly 300+ runs...

those weeks were hell, but totally worth it... sold one board for a nice profit (but a lot less than theyre worth now :/ ) and only 3 came out from the 6 >.< and that was with the synth increases from 1UP so it was like 93%ish success i think, maybe 96 actually lol it SUCKED

the 3 that actually made were 24, 26, 26 i think... so its all good http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif ..... still sucks tho lol