PDA

View Full Version : Online: MAG S run tips

zatiochi
Apr 29, 2008, 07:20 AM
Hello all, hope your enjoying MAG as much as I am http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif Anyway on to my question... I've been running some S runs as a lvl 109 FF beast soloing, now I can comfortably clear it, think my time is about 40 + minutes which I think is so so.

Well thing is I actually start to dread facing the second cave area, you know the stage from hell with all those dammed fire breathing & throwing pain in the butts, so my question is anybody got any tips or strategies for dealing with that area, it's the only stage where I die like 4 or 5 times which is annoying to say the least.

Any thoughts or general tips? Oh yeah I've only been playing just over 2 months so my palette ain't great http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Thanks in advance.

Just to clarify soloing tips cheers.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-04-29 21:59 ]</font>

tihoa
Apr 29, 2008, 07:27 AM
i find rising strike and chikki useful for them. rising strike and cancel out their fire breath and chikki can be used to hurt them while they're walking towards you.

Sir_Satyr
Apr 29, 2008, 07:29 AM
If you are going to solo, pick up the NPC characters if you haven't done so. They may not be great fighters but they may end up healing you a little and taking some of the enemy attention off of you.

darkante
Apr 29, 2008, 08:21 AM
On 2008-04-29 05:29, Sir_Satyr wrote:
If you are going to solo, pick up the NPC characters if you haven't done so. They may not be great fighters but they may end up healing you a little and taking some of the enemy attention off of you.

Npc aka meatshield. D:
X)

landman
Apr 29, 2008, 08:30 AM
Why are you soloing? if you party with other gamers you will reach lvl 130 in no time, then you will solo faster...

amtalx
Apr 29, 2008, 08:33 AM
Get a PT. Make them use Freeze Trap EXs. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga. Jabroga.

Tink
Apr 29, 2008, 08:40 AM
Try being a Newman forteTecher in that room. It's total bull shit, especially if you don't have long range technics leveled all that well. XD I find that Burn / Resist is godly and also having a fire % resist on your armor is great too. With those 2 I've seen people be able to just stand there and take a good beating.

zandra117
Apr 29, 2008, 09:46 AM
Bring a protranser with your party that uses freeze ex traps.

zatiochi
Apr 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
About using a fire elemental line shield... I thought since those pesky creatures are ground based that a ground shield would offer the better protection?

Anyways thanks for all your ideas and tips, of course running in a group will always be the easiest way but sometimes thats just not possible (friends offline ) ect ect, plus I like a good challenge lol.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I do take 2 NPC chara's my PM and Tonneo (sp) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

relentless
Apr 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
On 2008-04-29 08:49, zatiochi wrote:
About using a fire elemental line shield... I thought since those pesky creatures are ground based that a ground shield would offer the better protection?

No, think like this. You wouldn't use fire armour against a Jarba who tends to Dambarta (or Megid) your azz, too, especially if you melee him.
Bad example, but always using the same armour element as the enemies element isn't a wise decision.
But well yeah, in this case, fire armour against those ugly vanda orgas is better than an earth armour.

Legendria
Apr 29, 2008, 10:54 AM
On 2008-04-29 06:40, Tink wrote:
Try being a Newman forteTecher in that room. It's total bull shit, especially if you don't have long range technics leveled all that well. XD I find that Burn / Resist is godly and also having a fire % resist on your armor is great too. With those 2 I've seen people be able to just stand there and take a good beating.

Noszonde is all you ever need.

You only need Nosdiga and Noszonde for max speed up until the ruins. Nothing else.

zatiochi
Apr 29, 2008, 11:07 AM
On 2008-04-29 08:54, SeKaI wrote:

On 2008-04-29 08:49, zatiochi wrote:

No, think like this. You wouldn't use fire armour against a Jarba who tends to Dambarta (or Megid) your azz, too, especially if you melee him.
Bad example, but always using the same armour element as the enemies element isn't a wise decision.
But well yeah, in this case, fire armour against those ugly vanda orgas is better than an earth armour.

Ah that's maybe gonna be my biggest help yet, cool thanks for that I just assumed cause there ground I should equip a ground line shield, never really gave it a second thought that fire would be the way to go for that stage lol. Many thanks again http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

str898mustang
Apr 29, 2008, 11:27 AM
Even with a 50% Fire yamata-senba, the foie the lvl140 Vanda Orgas throw does harsh damage. There damfoie is even worse.

zatiochi
Apr 29, 2008, 11:31 AM
Hmm not good news... I think as well as my burn/resist I'll bring along a fire extinguisher http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

JAFO22000
Apr 29, 2008, 11:40 AM
On 2008-04-29 06:40, Tink wrote:

Just trap the Orgas on the "rotunda fountain" thing in the middle of the room and noszonde them from the opposite side until they die.

str898mustang
Apr 29, 2008, 12:08 PM
The noszonde doesn't go through the fountain.

Stezan
Apr 29, 2008, 02:21 PM
On 2008-04-29 10:08, str898mustang wrote:

Cast Noszonde to the side or behind you, enemies should be close enough to allow noszonde to home infrom the side. However, I'm not saying soloing this room is at all easy with a FT, I tried it and failed. (got the 10* yohmei laser in that run though)

JAFO22000
Apr 29, 2008, 03:01 PM
On 2008-04-29 10:08, str898mustang wrote:

You need more practice with Noszonde. Don't fire directly at them. Get them stuck and fire it to one side of the fountain. The Noszonde will shoot past them, then come back and home in.

CelestialBlade
Apr 29, 2008, 03:29 PM
Use Choutou or Chikki with your Slicer, that's probably the best advice I can give a Fortefighter for solo survivability. You want to stay ranged and a Slicer is definitely your best ranged weapon.

mvffin
Apr 29, 2008, 04:45 PM
why is everyone trying to solo? there's ALWAYS 8 pages of parties to join per universe, go join one.

"NO WAI then I won't get EVERY DROP."

The drops you do get will come 4x as fast. Not to mention gold badges at the end coming 4x as fast.

I was hoping this was a time attack strategies thread. = (

zatiochi
Apr 29, 2008, 05:39 PM
On 2008-04-29 13:29, Typheros wrote:
Use Choutou or Chikki with your Slicer, that's probably the best advice I can give a Fortefighter for solo survivability. You want to stay ranged and a Slicer is definitely your best ranged weapon.

OK thanks http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Just did a run and took along a slicer and quite handily you can indeed kinda trap them at that round thing in the middle of the room and slicer them in relative safety http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif A couple crept round and spat foe at me but it's much better than my other attempts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: zatiochi on 2008-04-29 16:16 ]</font>