PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else bored already?

pikachief
Apr 29, 2008, 01:59 PM
Im not but my friend played through all of every single event non-stop and he LOVES PSO, but he was bored and sick of this event DAY 1.

anyone else getting bored of this already? If not, dont worry still about 3 weeks more of the same thing your doing now XD

oh and 2 more of my friends are starting to get sick of it to http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DEM_CIG
Apr 29, 2008, 02:01 PM
NoOoOoOo R U Crazy. Jk, I havent played PSU during this event yet, Cause I got finals this week.

Anduril
Apr 29, 2008, 02:02 PM
Since I only play a couple of hours a day I think I won't get sick of it. Of course if we get some issue after it's supposed to be over like we did with Winter Event, I'm not playing it until it's Maximum Attack G'. Yes, the one with the " ' "

Danny_Dark
Apr 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
The Answer is No. I'm not Bored, I still
play this Mission the whole Day to get
EXP,MP and the Important Kills.
...Oh...and the Badges...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Danny_Dark on 2008-04-29 12:08 ]</font>

KiteWolfwood
Apr 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
First day was just a blast doing mag. So was the second. Third day I kinda forced myself to do some runs just for badges. Now I just don't even want to do it anymore. I don't think I even hit 10k kills before I got tired of MaG.

pikachief
i really want spread needle but i really wanna lvl up alts, its driving me insane lol
ok alt leveling today, no playing tomorrow then SUPER-LEADER BOARD GET afterwards! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Seority
Glad you don't like it.
Play other missions like you could b4 and still can after the event.
You bored of PSU? Don't play it. GTA4 is calling you.
My answer is no, because I like this game too much, even with it's faults. This has been the funnest event I've ever been in. Just because we don't get the rewards till later mean it's a bad event.

Kanore
Apr 29, 2008, 02:05 PM
I couldn't believe I was getting bored of it from the first day. I mean, it's fun, but it's not the 'holy crap I'm putting everything in my life aside for the next month just to play this' experience I was expecting.

DraginHikari
Apr 29, 2008, 02:08 PM
Not really bored yet, the amount of everything gained by playing it is keeping me motivated to keep going.

Kelvie
Apr 29, 2008, 02:11 PM
I am sooooooooooo bored of spamming MAG over, and over, and over, and over again... I am so much feed up of it that I am thinking about quitting PSU because of the overdose.

Just joking, I can't even play anymore thanks to that billing issue. X3

Ken_Silver
Apr 29, 2008, 02:12 PM
Yeah I am bored too.

I'm tired of all of my projects and homework. I want to play in the event already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

"C wat I did der?"

SonicTMP
Apr 29, 2008, 02:15 PM
eh playing in small bursts work for me. I have another game I play so doing a few hours of mag each night gets a level or so of progress.

Seriously though, was expecting a bit more of an uncontrollable addiction to hit with mag. Instead it's sorta same old white beast. Just faster leveling and meh drops.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 29, 2008, 02:18 PM
On 2008-04-29 12:12, Ken_Silver wrote:
Yeah I am bored too.

I'm tired of all of my projects and homework. I want to play in the event already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

I've got a similar problem. Oh well. If nothing else, it keeps the event fresh when I do play.

ApolloAltair
Apr 29, 2008, 02:20 PM
On 2008-04-29 12:04, Seority wrote:
Glad you don't like it.
Play other missions like you could b4 and still can after the event.
You bored of PSU? Don't play it. GTA4 is calling you.
My answer is no, because I like this game too much, even with it's faults. This has been the funnest event I've ever been in. Just because we don't get the rewards till later mean it's a bad event.

AMEN!

CelestialBlade
Apr 29, 2008, 02:21 PM
This is why I try not to splurge all at once.

panzer_unit
Apr 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
I want to play the event more and get some more shinowa boards, some of the area drops... I've only made 5500 kills so far. That's just sad.

darkante
Apr 29, 2008, 03:07 PM
On 2008-04-29 12:30, panzer_unit wrote:
I want to play the event more and get some more shinowa boards, some of the area drops... I've only made 5500 kills so far. That's just sad.

No not really.
People spamming C one-shotting things all the time is sad. >.>

Mwabwetumba
Apr 29, 2008, 03:09 PM
I'm annoyed at the fact that I can't seem to maintain my focus on the game after one or two runs. Why does all the large events have to hit when my interest for PSU is being eclipsed by a tide of other things?

Kylie
Apr 29, 2008, 03:10 PM
I'm not, but I've been taking this event in small doses.

ketson
Apr 29, 2008, 03:14 PM
It's only boring to me cause their is no offical ending yet. Once ruins is added it'll make the mission worth it. Grinding mobs that really don't drop anything that special isn't that fun to me.

Nobo
Apr 29, 2008, 03:16 PM
I'm bored. I agree http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

lokey013
Apr 29, 2008, 03:19 PM
I've played it a few times during the weekend...and during the weekday I only play like 2 hrs after work...so hope I don't tire of it....plus still debating if I should get another Chao Staff or a Ruby Bullet....=P

darkante
Apr 29, 2008, 03:19 PM
As much i like this game and this event too. I canīt stand doing 2 runs at most without taking some kind of break,it bores me out.
I try to enjoy the game but most of the time i just canīt.
Burned out might be the answer for me.

Sigh...after MaG i will probably take a long break from the game.

Jakosifer
Apr 29, 2008, 03:53 PM
I haven't played it yet, to me it just seems like your average "Give shit away" event. That said, I'll probly renew my Sub in a week or two after you all unlock the Ruins just to try it out. >_>;

VetroDrago
Apr 29, 2008, 03:54 PM
People bored with MAG already? And within the first week? Wow, what a surprise! The people who spam this mission all day and night and say they're bored and complain are idiots. You have so much time left that it's sad. Like beer commercials, I have one thing to say. Play responsibly.

landman
Apr 29, 2008, 04:02 PM
No... I've capped two characters, 1 job and in the process of capping... 10 jobs in them, when I finish I will continue with my neuman who is lvl 70 and cap her 3 or 4 more jobs, then maybe I will cap base jobs in my human lvl 20, but I will try to not lvl her, I just want a low lvl with capped and useless base jobs xD

And I am collecting Gold weapon badges, I want a lot of Pushans xd

APEXi
Apr 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
GTA4 certainly wont be helping matters

Ithildin
Apr 29, 2008, 04:07 PM
Yeh I'm getting sic of it. Incredibly monotonous. I mean this is supposed to be an event. I can't even begin to compare it to Firebreak or 1up... yet? Here's to MAG getting more interesting in the near future...

Jainsea
Apr 29, 2008, 04:16 PM
Im split on this, on the pro side I love the Exp/ MP that the event is
giving out. Yippe!!! The badges are cool to for a chance to collect even more goodies. I can finally get my alt pass 100 i hope http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif
Sadly the biggest con for me is the stage design. Dont get me wrong,I love revisting the old areas <3 but!!! Theres not much to them ><
I was hoping for them to be much longer, but I know >.> ... time blah and we gotta get kills asap :B guess I was just expecting a bit more this being an event and all ,but pretty much we got just 1 mission to do, over and over..(untill ruins open up)
It's a good thing I'm not playing the event lots everyday or I'd be tottaly burnt out http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Im not saying its all bad, this just imo. I hope everyone is having fun though ^_^

Reginaldo
Apr 29, 2008, 04:25 PM
Baw.

Atomic646
Apr 29, 2008, 04:31 PM
Im not getting bored, but I'am getting pissed off in the Vanda's nest :/

Gen2000
Apr 29, 2008, 04:35 PM
I've been bored since the 5th run of an Srank run on the first day, I hoping Ruins was unlocked at 35mil...now seeing the 35mil prize I'm bored and demotivated to even put any more effort in getting the kills. That was like a slap in the face.

mvffin
Apr 29, 2008, 04:41 PM
On 2008-04-29 13:07, darkante wrote:

No not really.

anyone complaining about what anyone else does is sad.

Syl
Apr 29, 2008, 04:43 PM
On 2008-04-29 14:41, mvffin wrote:

On 2008-04-29 13:07, darkante wrote:

No not really.

anyone complaining about what anyone else does is sad.

Not to mention their kills benefit everyone not just themselves http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Atomic646
Apr 29, 2008, 04:44 PM
I dont spam C Runs, only S and I have 10,000+ kills plus 2,000 kills on other char

Raven5_1
Apr 29, 2008, 04:52 PM
my strategy is not to play continuously for hours on end. i play between 2 to 4 hours and i take breaks i only played an hour on Monday due to family issues, i took Tuesday off and i'll be back on Wednesday. so playing does not become monotonous for me. (besides after spamming white beast MAG is a breath of fresh air)

Atomic646
Apr 29, 2008, 04:59 PM
On 2008-04-29 14:52, Raven5_1 wrote:
my strategy is not to play continuously for hours on end. i play between 2 to 4 hours and i take breaks i only played an hour on Monday due to family issues, i took Tuesday off and i'll be back on Wednesday. so playing does not become monotonous for me. (besides after spamming white beast MAG is a breath of fresh air)

"(besides after spamming white beast MAG is a breath of fresh air" So true!!!!!!!!!!!

stukasa
Apr 29, 2008, 06:11 PM
I'm not bored of it yet. I only play a few runs per day and I'm constantly switching between my three characters so it doesn't get old.

I think I'd probably hate this event if I was determined to get on the leaderboard. Spamming C runs all day isn't exactly my idea of fun. Thankfully I don't care, so it doesn't matter. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Darkly
Apr 29, 2008, 06:38 PM
yeh its a bit shit

xDemi
Apr 29, 2008, 06:43 PM
im getting bored now >.< but im pushing my self cuz of the things we can get >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xDemi on 2008-04-29 16:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xDemi on 2008-04-29 16:59 ]</font>

Noblewine
Apr 29, 2008, 07:47 PM
Not yet though I've taken a couple of breaks.

Sora_Psu
Apr 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
I got bored on the first day..im not playing till everyone who has time to play and what not (i got finals till monday) reach 50million just so i can see the ruins

AnamanaAU
Apr 29, 2008, 08:12 PM
Would be nice with a bit more variety or if the stages were actually TO SCALE, rather than just having a PSO theme.

unicorn
Apr 29, 2008, 10:04 PM
I'm not really bored. I'm not bothering trying to get a spread needle, because I have a life and classes I can't fail. Sorry. No failz in my life.

I have lvled two alts to 11, and its fine. I can see how this event can get boring though...

- The missions arent the "real" PSO missions. I was very disappointed with Mines.
- The perspective of the PSO missions is weird. It was more fluid in PSO.... I dunno.... I just think PSU is too fast for the ambience of PSO.
- They're all too short.

Weeaboolits
Apr 29, 2008, 10:11 PM
I'm only slightly dissappointed that it's only part 1 of each area, I really would've liked to have had CAVES 2 and RUINS 3 (or was it 2? The breathing one) would've been pretty epic.

tAKt
Apr 29, 2008, 11:00 PM
About all I can stand to do is 1-3 levels maby 4 but meh it just gets old fast doing the same thing over and over it just gets to monotonous for me.

D1ABOLIK
Apr 29, 2008, 11:01 PM
On 2008-04-29 21:00, tAKt wrote:
About all I can stand to do is 1-3 levels maby 4 but meh it just gets old fast doing the same thing over and over it just gets to monotonous for me.

Felt this way since launch. :/

R2D6battlebot
Apr 29, 2008, 11:05 PM
The only reason many people are bored already is because, frankly, the only thing cool so far that drops is Ryusaikanoh, and it drops so frequently that by now everyone who wanted has at least one, and obviously a major portion of the fun this game has is finding stuff you want. I imagine more people will have more fun when Ruins and DF come out so that there are more items actually worth running for other than Badges.

DreXxiN
Apr 29, 2008, 11:17 PM
I think people are bored because they are losing sleep and stuff on the event, and continuously tunning it..not actually TRYING to enjoy it it seems.

KoruKinshi
Apr 30, 2008, 12:07 AM
I'm enjoying it and still going strong. I'm looking towards 200M, personally. More milestones = more goodies to unlock.

ljkkjlcm9
Apr 30, 2008, 12:25 AM
Honestly? If I want PSO, I can play PSO. PSU hasn't pulled me back in. AND Smash Bros Brawl and now Mario Kart hold my attention.

I suppose my biggest problem with PSU came when I realized there was nothing left in the game I really wanted. Even things that hadn't been released didn't really interest me anymore. While I know I would enjoy anything new for a period of time, like I'd probably enjoy MAG for a week, it just isn't enough. I feel this is Sega's biggest problem with the game. Overall I enjoy the game, and like it, but there just seems to be something lacking. Like when you cook something really good, and you enjoy it. But if there was just one more ingredient, that you're not quite sure what it is, it'd have you coming back for more and more. That's how PSU is to me. I mean, I still read up and keep updated with everything, hoping that the ingredient will appear and grab me.

Alright go ahead and flame me, idc. I think things like MAG are great for the community and such. And the goals are nice. But it'd be so much better if each goal gave something new when it's actually reached. At this point, I can let all you people do the work, renew the last day of the event, do 1 run of it.... and end up getting everything I could've really wanted(me personally... cause I'd really only lose out on the spread needle, which is only a fake anyways) from the event, and all the rewards. I feel it'd be much better if after you achieve something, it'd be unlocked for the next week or something, rather than achieving it now, and not getting it for a month anyways.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-04-29 22:27 ]</font>

Tink
Apr 30, 2008, 12:31 AM
MAG has been a lot of fun + exciting. I'm so glad I have my first 100+ character. =) However, I find that I can't simply sit down and play run after run after run after run. When it first came out, that's all I did. For 2 days straight. Most likely because it felt so great getting a level each round. Now that I'm 100+ usually takes 2 or 3 runs per level. I'm not bored, I just burn out really easily now. MAG has still been so much fun. <3

Winter_of_uno
Apr 30, 2008, 01:37 AM
I'm not actually bored but I think the way ST does these events is pretty flawed to say the least.
Back on DC PSO I only played Challenge at the end because you never knew how good/bad the enemy spawns would be. This element of surprise kept you going.

With events like Firebreak, 1up Cup, Winter Event and now Mag C I can understand how people get bored fast because you always have the exact same spawns. On the other hand, it makes it more fair to compare TA times ( if only PS2 had a separate list to reflect the heavy slowdowns, longer loading times and weapon lags)

CelestialBlade
Apr 30, 2008, 01:49 AM
I absolutely love it when I've a group to run with, but it seems most of my guild has been absorbed in other games currently so my pcard list has been pretty much dead the past few days, with a few exceptions. I just hope this only lasts a week or so.

Kion
Apr 30, 2008, 01:53 AM
it's only one mission. it can only be entertaining for so long.

drops suck. rewards aren't great.
playing this my character is pretty much maxed out, the only thing left is PA leveling and that's doesn't feel satifying either as it still looks exactly the same but slightly more damage.

off topic, but i think this is the one major thing that separates pso from psu; is that in pso there was actually reason to keep playing the same levels over and over again. normal was an intorduction, hard and very hard were fun as steps up in difficulty and had rare drops, and then ultimate changed up the game play by having some what different environments and end game drops.

psu is a flavor of the month game. one area comes out at a time, everybody spams it until they can take it no more and bitch until the next one mission to spam comes out. there's no end-game motivation involved. personally i think ST should simply release all of the content and then have events to draw people to certain areas, (but not restrict people to them) at certain times. But leave the environment pretty much to level, and explore at their own free will.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kion on 2008-04-29 23:55 ]</font>

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 30, 2008, 02:18 AM
I'm not really all that bored of it since i can only play on the weekend. I understand those who can play just bout everyday...yea i would be bored of it....I just party up with people i kno...we just chillin talking about w/e. just laughin... so when i play im straight as long as we r talking bout somethin

WolfBlade
Apr 30, 2008, 02:25 AM
sux it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

darkante
Apr 30, 2008, 02:26 AM
I thought at first.
MaG would have mission split up kinda like in the other events.
So that you could have forest-caves-mines and ruins extra long then and be roughtly as long as all those things put together, plus more PSO enemies and random spawns. D:

That would make it alot more exciting but ST is always pretty lazy so that would never be done. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

And i would have hugged someone if they brought all those bosses to in the right missions with roughtly the same battle stragegy. XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-04-30 00:29 ]</font>

soolayah
Apr 30, 2008, 03:37 AM
On 2008-04-29 12:18, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

On 2008-04-29 12:12, Ken_Silver wrote:
Yeah I am bored too.

I've got a similar problem. Oh well. If nothing else, it keeps the event fresh when I do play.

Me too. .__.

BrandonHeat
Apr 30, 2008, 08:43 AM
I am getting there its good to have the option to be aboe to get alotta XP and points and money but they honestly need to give us a wee bit more content for this "event" AT least previous events had some different mishes not just one.

DEM_CIG
Apr 30, 2008, 08:48 AM
On 2008-04-30 00:25, WolfBlade wrote:
sux it up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Completely agree, when the ruins come out it will be well worth it. U just have to push through it.

MayLee
Apr 30, 2008, 08:54 AM
I sometimes find myself yawning and rubbing my eyes to keep myself awake about 1 hour into the runs.

I need some motivation.

Garnet_Moon
Apr 30, 2008, 09:06 AM
Yeah. I'm pretty bored of it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 30, 2008, 09:06 AM
idk if anyone notice that during the first 4 days of MAG we was on average gettin about 5 mill each day...probably more.....i think its been in the early 40's since yesterday morning so that shows one of two things:
1. People are slowing gettin bored of it doing other missions.
2. They are playing GTA4 instead

Xtian913
Apr 30, 2008, 09:47 AM
I'm pretty surprised at myself, because I was really looking forward to MAG, but honestly... I played through two runs, and haven't played since. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It's so boring and I don't know why. I should be taking this chance to levels alts, but I just have no motivation whatsoever... *shrugs*

NightHawk777
Apr 30, 2008, 09:48 AM
I'm not bored with it yet, but that might happen. It's still fun with the right party. The money & exp are still good.

Garnet_Moon
Apr 30, 2008, 09:53 AM
On 2008-04-30 07:47, Xtian913 wrote:
It's so boring and I don't know why. I should be taking this chance to levels alts, but I just have no motivation whatsoever... *shrugs*

Heh, i'm trying to level an alt and i'm hit with "80+ only you fukken n00b!"

Who is the bigger noob? The lv11 trying to do C, or the 3 lv130's trying to do a speed run on C?

The 5 open C games are 80+ or speed runs. And i'm not motivated enough to start my own party until I get an advanced class. My Caseal is still RA1. I've got a long way to go to get to FG and Tranny. :[

pikachief
Apr 30, 2008, 10:14 AM
i have 5k kills.... im gonna try to play casually and get on leaderboards starting tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

WATCH I WILL http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 30, 2008, 10:17 AM
On 2008-04-30 08:14, pikachief wrote:
i have 5k kills.... im gonna try to play casually and get on leaderboards starting tomorrow http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Its possible.....i mean alot of people arent playing so for those who really want to get that shotgun....now would be the time to spam C

i have 13k kills on my 130 char by doing S so if i did C i could get on the leaderboard....just might take a minute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but im not really worrying bout it

as far as ruins goes.....bsides the legless rainbow and possibly the Cati skill.........there really isnt anything i really want....however i do want a silence claw xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charger89 on 2008-04-30 08:22 ]</font>

EMPYREAN
Apr 30, 2008, 10:20 AM
On 2008-04-30 07:06, Charger89 wrote:
idk if anyone notice that during the first 4 days of MAG we was on average gettin about 5 mill each day...probably more.....i think its been in the early 40's since yesterday morning so that shows one of two things:
1. People are slowing gettin bored of it doing other missions.
2. They are playing GTA4 instead

-3) on mon-fri ppl have school/work and have less time to play than during the weekend-
-4) alot of ppl on the pc/ps2 servers cant get online due to error 65-

Darius_Drake
Apr 30, 2008, 10:28 AM
Actually we have been in the early 40's since this morning. Yesterday morning we just got to 35 million. That is when we all found out that we were getting the treasure chest deco. That basically means that between yesterday morning and this morning we did about 5 mill. I do think we are going to lose some people to GTA4 though. Most of the people on my friends list were on that game all last nite.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 30, 2008, 11:01 AM
On 2008-04-29 23:49, Typheros wrote:
I absolutely love it when I've a group to run with, but it seems most of my guild has been absorbed in other games currently so my pcard list has been pretty much dead the past few days, with a few exceptions. I just hope this only lasts a week or so.

What she said, also, I've been pretty busy with work, so I'm not bored of it yet. XD

pikachief
Apr 30, 2008, 11:46 AM
On 2008-04-30 08:17, Charger89 wrote:

On 2008-04-30 08:14, pikachief wrote:

Its possible.....i mean alot of people arent playing so for those who really want to get that shotgun....now would be the time to spam C

i have 13k kills on my 130 char by doing S so if i did C i could get on the leaderboard....just might take a minute http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif but im not really worrying bout it

as far as ruins goes.....bsides the legless rainbow and possibly the Cati skill.........there really isnt anything i really want....however i do want a silence claw xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Charger89 on 2008-04-30 08:22 ]</font>

i know its possible. the 5k kills i have is from 2 hours of play XD

im gonna get 10k (5 hours) and probably end up in the 4th page lol >.>

it isnt hard to get on and people are killing themselves to stay on it lol

Sora_Psu
Apr 30, 2008, 12:08 PM
I mean..sorry to say but PSO/PSU is just outdated now yo. Like i've (like many) been waiting for this event since we first heard about it just so i could play PSO levels again (even though i still have my Dreamcast versions, and GC versions). but on a PSU scale. When i really look at it now..the game is just dated and the missions just got really boring, really quick because it just gets old after a while, and there is no real motivation. PSO/PSU will always be a game that will live in people's hearts (especially the vets with PSO) but face it guys with all the games out now PSU is just really "Old-School" which isn't necessarily bad, but the attention span of the people who play will be significantly lower.

Jainsea
Apr 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'm finding it hard to go back on to this event : I want to b/c I know I can really lvl my alt fast this way doing since she is now able to do A runs, but omg...its the same area over and over. When I heard of this event long ago, I thought the areas were gonna be way bigger and maybe a split path here and there like past event stages. I run random parties with my PT, Najin lvl 66, and I tear through them
areas with my decent weapons and my traps. I can only imagine
on S rank with a capped PT the chaos they can do and + other higher lvl chars, its just murder imo. I cant help but laugh as Ash says these monsters are getting stronger as we defeat them. Is he fighting the same monsters we are? The last area where its boxed in could stand to be harder imo. I just hope that the Ruins is worth it.....

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2008, 01:07 PM
I still haven't had alot of time to play, but considering how I'm doing exactly the same thing every run, I'm really having fun with this event. Enemies are still difficult, due to the numbers they come in, but die quicker. The backgrounds are really unique compared to other PSU areas, and are different enough from PSO's graphics to be interesting (especially caves). It's still a basic point a -> d run so common in PSU, but still enjoyable. Plus, being able to finally level my alt is a nice touch.

Watch me eat these words when I finally get the chance to play.

Aorre
Apr 30, 2008, 01:55 PM
I haven't even played through the whole quest yet.

But yeah, I'm bored anyway. *goes outside*

xEndrance
Apr 30, 2008, 02:10 PM
It's not that im getting so bored it's just like White Beast just alot more EXP plus the gold badges. Also im just iritared with the prices right now... Because of the event relic edges go up 700k+ but onces the ruins come out the prices will go down to like 300k+...

Anduril
Apr 30, 2008, 02:12 PM
Still not bored. I've been finding enjoyment helping people on low level alts level up. Plus I'm getting nice music for my room, and soon I'll be able to be any class on Kayla since I'm leveling every class to at least 10.

panzer_unit
Apr 30, 2008, 02:15 PM
OMG THIS EVENT IS GONNA BE THE BEST THING EVER! IM GONNA PULL MULTIPLE ALL NIGHTERS AND LIVE OFF ENERGY DRINKS!! HARDCOREXTREME!!!

THERES SO MUCH STUFF TO GET I WANT IT NAO NAO NAO ST WHY WONT YOU GIVE IT TO ME ._.

IM BORED *WANDERS OFF*

THANKS ST YOU RUINED THE GREATEST VIDEOGAME SERIES EVER I PLAYED PHANTASY STAR GAMES FOR 20 YEARS NOW YOU RUINED IT ALL ... MAYBE I'LL FORGIVE YOU ... BUT THE CHARACTERS FROM PSI PSII AND PSIV (PSIII SUCKED) WHO YOU BETRAYED NEVER WILL!!!
---
The signature limit is 35k, with no perv anime loli images or retarded emo taglines

Does that about fit how everyone feels? Maybe get off the drugs. It's just a videogame.

I think it's still fun, especially getting to try different weapons and skills when dealing with the more overwhelming fights in the mission. Shinowa Line becoming common and earning 500 MP per run is sweet too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-04-30 12:23 ]</font>

pikachief
Apr 30, 2008, 02:17 PM
On 2008-04-30 10:26, Jainesa wrote:
I'm finding it hard to go back on to this event : I want to b/c I know I can really lvl my alt fast this way doing since she is now able to do A runs, but omg...its the same area over and over. When I heard of this event long ago, I thought the areas were gonna be way bigger and maybe a split path here and there like past event stages. I run random parties with my PT, Najin lvl 66, and I tear through them
areas with my decent weapons and my traps. I can only imagine
on S rank with a capped PT the chaos they can do and + other higher lvl chars, its just murder imo. I cant help but laugh as Ash says these monsters are getting stronger as we defeat them. Is he fighting the same monsters we are? The last area where its boxed in could stand to be harder imo. I just hope that the Ruins is worth it.....

the las troom of the ruins is another small boxed in area http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

really its the same thing.

i told everyone the event would be boring and nobody listened http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

chu-chu-chu
Apr 30, 2008, 02:19 PM
On 2008-04-30 12:17, pikachief wrote:

i told everyone the event would be boring and nobody listened http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

wonder why not?

LOL!

Shiro_Ryuu
Apr 30, 2008, 02:31 PM
I'm glad I don't give a care about the Spread Needle since I greatly disliked it back in PSO, that way I can focus on alt levelling now that I've capped my main.

AlMcFly
Apr 30, 2008, 02:35 PM
I'm not bored of this yet. Still pretty exciting. Of course, I don't get to play during the weekdays so...

Katrina
Apr 30, 2008, 02:36 PM
I'm not bored yet. I still have plenty to do, (though I did burn myself out a bit going for the leaderboards).

gratefulgriz
Apr 30, 2008, 04:42 PM
Not bored, but my expectations are a little dented. Maybe an event in the future will have longer runs, better drops, ending boss, side routes, and less of a necessity to spam blk A for badges when we as a community have a 100 MIL goal to attain

SpikeOtacon
Apr 30, 2008, 04:51 PM
Not bored, I keep changing it up so i'll play a few hours of PSU, then do something else for a few hours and when I come back I find I have more energy than just straight up spamming the mission over and over and over again.

Para
Apr 30, 2008, 05:37 PM
Heh I play from time to time but grinding does get boring... very monotonous but I have been watching some movies while I grind those C ranks so it aint that bad hah.

Except when im TAing, then Im focused ;o

BFGfreak
Apr 30, 2008, 05:40 PM
yeah, it's monotonous. but I guess that's what to expect at this point.

Jainsea
Apr 30, 2008, 05:47 PM
egad D: rly Kitty? T_T! So lil box'd area[insert dark mobs here]? *sigh* real creative ST....well if there's multiple Carriguine in there that should up the challenge at least. Hopefully we unlock Ruins soon , I wants some box drops now *goes to play 1 run atm*

pikachief
Apr 30, 2008, 06:29 PM
On 2008-04-30 15:47, Jainesa wrote:
egad D: rly Kitty? T_T! So lil box'd area[insert dark mobs here]? *sigh* real creative ST....well if there's multiple Carriguine in there that should up the challenge at least. Hopefully we unlock Ruins soon , I wants some box drops now *goes to play 1 run atm*

just the end part. there is like one open area with 3 carriguines then the box area comes out afterwards http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

kinda like Mines http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

you fight here most of the run http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h226/pikachief/psu20071218_060825_006.jpg

check the map*

also it seems everyone else is bored cuz its 8 mil in a day and a half for us XD lol

Sha Sha
Apr 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
I;m not even near sick of it yet =D
i could keep going if it wasnt for my bad case of A.D.D

chu-chu-chu
Apr 30, 2008, 07:20 PM
i'm bored of pikachief!

LOL!!!

>.>

Darkly
Apr 30, 2008, 07:30 PM
it's not that im bored just, i lack motivation. well ok gta4 rules me and i am it's mistress.

SStrikerR
Apr 30, 2008, 08:00 PM
I got bored of it after run numero uno. Look in rants to find out why.

alazar14
May 1, 2008, 12:23 AM
For me ATM its GTA4-> PSU event. If you are bored of the event you could try this as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

WildArms2
May 1, 2008, 04:23 PM
pikachief are you on the leader boards yet?

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 04:26 PM
bored eh... not bored but a little less

SonicTMP
May 1, 2008, 04:27 PM
board!

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 04:29 PM
bored=board LOL nice one

SonicTMP
May 1, 2008, 04:31 PM
cardboard?

a 2 by 4?

Chairman of the board?

A board meeting?

Board of directors?

The ship boarding time is ...

KoruKinshi
May 1, 2008, 04:44 PM
I'm still going. It's not like the event will come back. GTA 4 for me will always be in a box for me to play at anytime.

Jainsea
May 1, 2008, 05:17 PM
[b] board .....

Syl
May 1, 2008, 05:21 PM
I kind of gave up on the leaderboards. I'm far too behind on my main since I don't really get interested in spamming C runs. Has made MAG funner since I can freely level my alts now http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

HolyOrderSaek
May 1, 2008, 06:04 PM
I'm here to get my main finally to Level 130. It took up to today to make her 100 even. Once there I'm going to spend a couple weeks hunting for the ingredients and boards for Grand Cross and Crea Doubles, then I'll just stop until I can hunt Dagger of Serafi. Those three items and maxing their photon arts are my only goal. After that it's hoping the story missions become more interesting.

Otherwise, this just replaced White Beast for me. I wish they could make an event which required you to do multiple missions, possibly across planets. Like a larger GBR with maybe some kind of item collection built in. Y'know, something interesting.

Wiz
May 1, 2008, 09:04 PM
I'm not.

lol billing problems...

Koji1m1
May 2, 2008, 06:53 AM
billing problems so i cant really say im bored with this event considering tht sega fucked me over and i wanted to get all the pso disc but tht chance is over the sooner they get this shit fixed the better. -_- and since we got ruins now i was planig on getting a twin DB saber but tht chance is also over.

Wiz
May 2, 2008, 07:01 AM
On 2008-05-02 04:53, Koji1m1 wrote:
billing problems so i cant really say im bored with this event considering tht sega fucked me over and i wanted to get all the pso disc but tht chance is over the sooner they get this shit fixed the better. -_- and since we got ruins now i was planig on getting a twin DB saber but tht chance is also over.

I'm sure they'll get it done before MAG ends. And anyway, they're going to give us compensation...Maybe more weeks of MAG?

I dunno...

Yusaku_Kudou
May 2, 2008, 10:06 AM
I love it, really. I've done the mission nearly 1000 times now as evidenced by my 206,000+ kills on the leaderboard. I basically had four really long days this week and I'm so smashed. Only three more weeks of leaderboard pain to aim for 1st or 2nd.

I have done absolutely nothing else in MAG than spam C runs. I did a couple of S runs at first before I realized how much faster C was. When we unlocked Ruins, I didn't wait for 10 minutes. I still haven't seen Ruins in C. Don't see the point of waiting 3-4 minutes wasting time on leaderboard kills. I realize the top 500 all get spread needles, but once you hit the top 10 there's no turning back...

I did exchange a couple stacks of bronze into gold. I still have like ten stacks of bronze after just a week. I was selling them to the NPC for a while. Or whenever I got Hit the Counter I just kept spamming C. Ended up with three the other night (they stack) and gave away all the boards along with console decorations.

I feel I should mention I've done this mission so many times I've actually done it in my sleep on many an occasion, I kid you not. Not the whole mission, but segments of me going in and out of sleep. It's pretty weird dreaming of playing PSU while actually playing it. The graphics are a bit more psychadelic in sleep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-05-02 08:11 ]</font>

Snoochies
May 2, 2008, 10:44 AM
This event greatly disappoints me. Don't get me wrong. I've got almost 5000 hrs in this game and before MAG played 10 hours at least per day. It's almost to the point that I'd rather spam White Beast all day. Yes....it's just that bad. I don't need MP or EXP. I don't need the crappy drops, I can buy anything I need. I just want a fun mission. This mission is way to monotonous and boring. At least the winter event had two ways to go. Honestly I've got probably 3000 kills which is probably the worst out of everyone. I just can't do it. Everyday I get home from work, log on, go to the 5th floor and start a mission.. I'm instantly bored. I've even pretended to lag out just because I didn't want to complete the mission. Why!!!! That's all i can say.

Mysterious-G
May 2, 2008, 11:04 AM
Before I start the mission I am full of expectations to have a fun run. But it gets boring very fast. And doing more than one run is almost impossible for me, even when having a group with good friends.The mission just takes too long. >_>
I`ve waited for ruins to get a legsless / rainbow and a cati / PP-Skill save, but I just bought the legsless / rainbow now for 700k, and the Cati / PP-Skill Save is not available. >_>
I am no more motivated. >_>

Koji1m1
May 2, 2008, 12:44 PM
On 2008-05-02 05:01, Wiz wrote:

On 2008-05-02 04:53, Koji1m1 wrote:

I'm sure they'll get it done before MAG ends. And anyway, they're going to give us compensation...Maybe more weeks of MAG?

I dunno...

*prays* ill take your word for it then..

garjian
May 2, 2008, 02:32 PM
i like how on the official website it says that they were trying to make it the most fun event yet... and yet the population on the xbox servers is already down to pretty much 1.5 universes... like when everyone was doing white beast FOREVER >:( and everyone died or internal brain hemerages, caused by boredom and RSI (they can cause that you know :S)

1up (or @#! is sega would have me say) >much greater than)> MAG imo

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garjian on 2008-05-02 12:33 ]</font>

Amalga
May 2, 2008, 04:33 PM
While I love the fact that just one or two C runs will level me up instantly (bear with me, folks--I'm only a level 55), I hardly feel compelled to do it often. Great EXP and meseta payout (600k is the richest I've ever been) but the mission itself is just so monotonous.

For some reason, though, I care enough about my kill count to simply idle in the field when all the enemies in the area are gone.

LaughingMan
May 2, 2008, 04:40 PM
To everyone that thinks this mission is boring guess what?

This was how pso was you did TTF until your eyes bled deal with it or go do another mission.

garjian
May 2, 2008, 04:42 PM
you act as thought none of the people here played it? :S

LaughingMan
May 2, 2008, 04:43 PM
On 2008-05-02 14:42, garjian wrote:
you act as thought none of the people here played it? :S

By the way all are acting to be honest I couldn't tell.

Juza
May 2, 2008, 05:13 PM
On 2008-05-02 14:40, LaughingMan wrote:
To everyone that thinks this mission is boring guess what?

This was how pso was you did TTF until your eyes bled deal with it or go do another mission.

Yes, but you're forgetting something: the Ruins in PSO were awesome, and I somehow did not get bored while running through them enough times to gather enough of every material to max out my HUnny's stats. So there.

But really, MAG is spot on in terms of recreating the mind-numbing gameplay of PSO. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif (That's why I'm sitting absent in my room, while playing PS1 instead.)

Jainsea
May 3, 2008, 06:33 AM
Ruin stage TOO short T_T! I do like it though, at least the last spawn has some variety to it..yay for us.

Matic
May 3, 2008, 07:49 AM
I've been doing MAG runs in moderation, doing other things in between. So far, the only part of MAG that truly bores me is the caves portions.

No surprise there; I never did like the caves.

Egg99
May 3, 2008, 10:52 AM
On 2008-05-02 08:06, Yusaku_Kudou wrote:
I love it, really. I've done the mission nearly 1000 times now as evidenced by my 206,000+ kills on the leaderboard. I basically had four really long days this week and I'm so smashed. Only three more weeks of leaderboard pain to aim for 1st or 2nd.

I have done absolutely nothing else in MAG than spam C runs. I did a couple of S runs at first before I realized how much faster C was. When we unlocked Ruins, I didn't wait for 10 minutes. I still haven't seen Ruins in C. Don't see the point of waiting 3-4 minutes wasting time on leaderboard kills. I realize the top 500 all get spread needles, but once you hit the top 10 there's no turning back...

I did exchange a couple stacks of bronze into gold. I still have like ten stacks of bronze after just a week. I was selling them to the NPC for a while. Or whenever I got Hit the Counter I just kept spamming C. Ended up with three the other night (they stack) and gave away all the boards along with console decorations.

I feel I should mention I've done this mission so many times I've actually done it in my sleep on many an occasion, I kid you not. Not the whole mission, but segments of me going in and out of sleep. It's pretty weird dreaming of playing PSU while actually playing it. The graphics are a bit more psychadelic in sleep.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-05-02 08:11 ]</font>

Not a single word you said sounds particularly healthy...

Jainsea
May 3, 2008, 11:26 AM
I must be bored b/c iv'e posted a couple times here already http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Even with Ruins unloocked at the moment this event is seroiusly lacking : I think ruins is neat and all but overall meh http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
Compared to most if not all of our last events this one just falls on its face imo, and this is
supposed to be "THE" big event? Im sorry but im not impressed. Only 1 mission, no path choices(choosing an NPC along the way dont count -.- ) Short areas, so so drops, I just
expected so so much more out of this event thats all. To all that are having real omg ,Im not bored FUN, congrads to you, wish I was one of you Y_Y *goes back to sleep*