PDA

View Full Version : Quest: Looking for badge advice.

Valatar
May 1, 2008, 12:41 AM
I've been running MAG missions since last Friday, and to date have only 37 gold badges. I started out on Cs, but have mostly been grouping in As to help gain levels and type levels; Cyllix is a 75th level Acrotecher 13 now.

Being a techer, I want Pushans. A lot of them. But at the rate I'm going now, I'll only be able to get one or two by the time the event's done. Can anyone with giant piles of badges dispense some advice about how I can best pick up the pace?

Keep running As to hit 80 and switch to S?
Skip the As and Ss and do Cs instead?
Something else entirely?

Alternately, anyone on the PC server who has stacks of gold badges and simply insists on dropping a pile of Pushans in my room's gift box for me, well, don't let me stop you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

addictedtopsu
May 1, 2008, 12:49 AM
Well I don't have giant piles of badges since I spend all my badges on PA frags, but I think you should keep doing A ranks untill you can do S that way you'll lvl up and get a bunch of MP. I tried to do C ranks on my main but I stopped since I don't get any hits in and it got boring. Now i'm just sticking to S ranks on my main and the highest ranks I can do on my alts. Well thats what I would suggest you do anyway, but its up to you.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 1, 2008, 12:56 AM
Yea when i was one my main i could do S and i would say if you have some cool friends....you can not only get a Gold Badge at the end...but the badges within the mission actaully add up....
but until you can do S do A.

Dont really bother with C. It will get boring.....

mvffin
May 1, 2008, 01:00 AM
level up as fast as you can for now, pick a Ra- tech and use it throughout most of the mission. that way you'll at least have one good tech to use. Keep running A until lvl 100 or so, then try C speed run parties.

Libram
May 1, 2008, 01:03 AM
I'd say it depends on how well you can keep yourself entertained doing C runs. If you strictly want Badges then the two from an S ranked C Run plus the others you find during the mission will start to quickly add up if you have a fast team. Then again you really won't find any interesting items on the low levels save for the area and special drops, and those aren't all that common.

Valatar
May 1, 2008, 01:37 AM
Fortunately, Rabarta and Dambarta are my two main attack techniques, so they're both in the mid-20s now; I'm pretty good for area-effect attacks. And I'm willing to bite the bullet and do some grinding if it'll lead to a significant increase in badge numbers. The goodies from the event are a one-time thing, and I wants them goodies.

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 07:48 AM
my current badges: 96 Bronze
87 Silver
78 Gold

also I have spent 17 gold on the lottery 24 on PA frags bought all songs and 2 chao staffs

Sekani
May 1, 2008, 08:15 AM
For badges I don't think C-rank missions are worth it. Not only do you get a smaller mission reward (2 bronze), but the twelve special boxes in the mission have a lower chance of dropping badges. On the S-rank mission you get the one gold badge at the end, and you're guaranteed twelve silver or bronze badges from the boxes. Even considering that C-runs are faster to clear the time-to-reward ratio doesn't balance out.

Try clearing the highest rank mission you can with the minimum of two people so you have a higher chance of actually getting those box badges yourself, or if solo you could try clearing the Forest area, grabbing the badges there, then abandoning. The second method is obviously not recommend since the hundred enemies you kill won't be added to the server totals if you abandon the mission.

AlMcFly
May 1, 2008, 09:37 AM
Grinding through S rank MAG nets you a lot of badges very quickly. Recommend S.

tailz
May 1, 2008, 12:58 PM
this is finals week and my 360 is RROD'ing me all the time so i have only been able to play this event for maybe 10-12 hours total so far :/

having said that, ive been running speed c's with a full party like crazy, with maybe 5 S runs total... and after i exchanged my badges yesterday, i had 43 gold - not much, but more than i expected, expecially cuz im usually a block ahead of the party who all stands back and waits for badges to be picked up so they have a chance at getting some while i do all the work lol

common sense, but make sure you never take bronze to silver

Kion
May 1, 2008, 06:08 PM
Running A rank you get 4 bronze for a reward. If you do full parties on set in order that garantees you atleast one bronze badge in addition from the boxes, plus what ever else falls into your lap. So considder A mission as getting one gold badge per run. Exp is also really good, so if you have ra- techs leveled then tag everything in the mission and you should level up atleast every other run.

Once you hit 80; switch to S. You'll get one gold badge per run, and the box drop badges add up really fast. In addition you'll level like crazy, and have a chance at some decent drops. Even if you're doing 30 minutes runs, the rewards : time ratio is much better than C and isn't so boring.

GreenArcher
May 1, 2008, 06:46 PM
Well I've done pretty much all C runs. Here's what I've got after about a week.
99 Bronze = 20 gold
99 Bronze = 20 gold
99 Bronze = 20 gold
~50 Bronze = 10 gold
99 Silver = 33 gold
~20 Silver = 7 gold
~40 Gold

150 gold right there

150 gold per week, for 4 weeks = 600 gold. All right..I'm right on pace for 6 pushans!

Valatar
May 2, 2008, 09:45 AM
The addition of Ruins really accelerated my badge harvesting yesterday. I was solo-running C-rank to scoop up all the melee weapons to feed one of my PMs, and wound up with 12 gold badges from it.