PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the Ninja tonight

TheOneHero
May 1, 2008, 01:15 AM
It was a church youth gathering, everyone was gonna play basketball at this community park.

My sister and I arrive pretty early and I instantly go for the swings.

I also had some of my weights on.

A few minutes go by and it's time to have the opening words before we start our activity, so I jump off the swing. Not a big deal, I do it all the time.

However, this time I failed to compensate for the added weight of my equipment and butchered the landing. (Well, I landed fine by slid forward, lol)

Anyway, broke the belt and the buckle of my Wicked Awesome NES Controller Belt Buckle. Destroyed my arms and elbows and made several bruises on my knees and legs.

Later in the evening, my sister and I were leaving, I was reminded I owed her a "Piggy-Back Ride" picked her up and started running for our car.

I stepped into a dip.

Normally, not a problem, I have excellent reflexes and balance; but this time...

Both my knees decided to give out on me again and I lost all strength in my lower body. (I have knee problems that over the past two months have gotten incredibly severe.)

Anyway, I toppled forward, further damaging myself, my sister is all right with a few scrapes.

Why am I telling you this?

Because I almost entirely destroyed my Ninja image tonight.

Oh well, it's not like there were two Kunoichi Sisters there I'm trying to court...

...oh wait... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2008, 01:28 AM
I need ankle weights. ._.

That's what I should save up for.

My sister and I arrive pretty early and I instantly go for the swings.
Excellent choice!

astuarlen
May 1, 2008, 01:31 AM
Just think: none of this will be a problem once we shed these meat bags and move into creepy, glowing brain jars.

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2008, 01:32 AM
And experience stuff like this in a virual world?

SStrikerR
May 1, 2008, 05:54 AM
Nitro...if you ever get yourself some ankle weighs, it's reccomened that you don't try to jump across a river...the extra weight MAY pull you down a bit fast and cause you to...you get the point. olo

Nani-chan
May 1, 2008, 06:00 AM
Just say they were battle wounds and offer the sisters some sake while praticing your sexy smile no jitsu.

Weeaboolits
May 1, 2008, 02:59 PM
On 2008-05-01 03:54, Ryan113 wrote:
Nitro...if you ever get yourself some ankle weighs, it's reccomened that you don't try to jump across a river...the extra weight MAY pull you down a bit fast and cause you to...you get the point. oloIt wouldn't change speed, but momentum, as gravitational acceleration isn't affected by mass (negating wind resistance, or rather, it is, but negligibly so unless you're talking about something extremely large, like say, a small moon).

However, more weight = more forceful impact (assuming the speed is the same)

Also the added weight may, of course, reduce your jump height, which could prove problematic as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-05-01 13:02 ]</font>

TheOneHero
May 1, 2008, 03:43 PM
OR!

Become a Ninja like myself and have NBA jumps with 90 extra pounds on.

Katrina
May 1, 2008, 03:58 PM
It's a trick. I think he' trying to lull us all into a false sense of security by sounding human.

You can't fool me Nimja!

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2008, 05:08 PM
On 2008-05-01 12:59, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
[quote]On 2008-05-01 03:54, Ryan113 wrote:

Also the added weight may, of course, reduce your jump height, which could prove problematic as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ronin_Cooper on 2008-05-01 13:02 ]</font>
Isn't it if you wear the ankle weights for long periods, you body will compensate for the extra weight?

Leviathan
May 1, 2008, 06:58 PM
Girls make better ninjas.

TRUE. (http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_002A3454000P?keyword=ninjas)

astuarlen
May 1, 2008, 07:06 PM
Order of credibility and authority on Important Issues, from greatest to least:

-Wikipedia
-The Pope
-Your Parents
-Reference texts
-Mainstream media
-Bumper stickers
-BBC science journalists
-T-shirt slogans

Leviathan
May 1, 2008, 07:10 PM
Wiki whacko.

Sord
May 1, 2008, 08:20 PM
I kept expecting it to turn into a Fresh Prince of Bel-air

Nitro Vordex
May 1, 2008, 08:22 PM
You should know we're better than that...
*starts laughing*

Weeaboolits
May 1, 2008, 08:31 PM
On 2008-05-01 15:08, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

On 2008-05-01 12:59, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
[quote]On 2008-05-01 03:54, Ryan113 wrote:

Isn't it if you wear the ankle weights for long periods, you body will compensate for the extra weight?Your legs will get stronger from carrying the extra weight.

TheOneHero
May 2, 2008, 02:31 AM
It might be because I'm tired, but it sure does look like the site I purchased my buckle from, (and was going to purchase another along with an SNES buckle), is no longer in service.

http://www.nesbuckle.com

I am much grieved. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

I might end up having to make my own. D:

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2008, 12:55 PM
check eBay yet?

TheOneHero
May 2, 2008, 12:58 PM
Checked eBay, the majority of them are not real controllers. So they aren't cool.

And the ones that are, look nasty. =/