PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me,or are we slowing down?

The_Gio
May 1, 2008, 11:42 AM
when I take a break from mag runs,I check our current score on the MAG website(I know it tells you after mission anyway)and its weird,when MAG started,end of 1st day,we got to the first reward,2nd day again at the end,we got second reward,3rd award took a while more(2 days)which we needed an added 5 million so I can understand why,now for the 50 million mark,from my knowledge,we've been needing to get it since Monday.So is it just me or are we slowing down?

And if we are,I'm guessing people got lazy and bored and are waiting for the none lazy people to get Ruins to play again....Least I think thats a possiblity

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-05-01 09:48 ]</font>

SpikeOtacon
May 1, 2008, 11:43 AM
It's not just you, we are slowing down a bit. But you have to keep in mind, it's the work/school week for some, others are playing GTA4 instead, and then there are a few that have actually stopped playing PSU altogether.

Don't panic yet.

Gothica
It's almost 12 CST US time. Which means its a school day. Although the age poll shows that the majority of the people here are over the age of 18. There is still collage and work. It slows down during the day and speeds up shortly after 3 PM CST US time.

New_One
Loads of people encluding me on the PS2/PC server are Error 65/173'd.

Mr_Confused
May 1, 2008, 11:48 AM
Not everybody is able to play videogames in the middle of the day on a weekday, plus we have been making our kill quota everyday, today we have to get to 50.4 mil, then its gonna be the weekend so we should see a super speed up considering the ruins will be out+the weekend.

RAGNAGELPPOD
Its not that we've slowed down, rather, its that we're bending our knees so that we can jump even farther.

Going to work now brb

Tiyr
Just to parrot everyone else...

Most of us have school or jobs or both. And (gasp!) other obligations. I mean, it's a Thursday. We'll pick up steam again. I OBVIOUSLY need a fifth Ryusaikobah board, after all.

The_Gio
May 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
On 2008-05-01 09:43, SpikeOtacon wrote:
It's not just you, we are slowing down a bit. But you have to keep in mind, it's the work/school week for some, others are playing GTA4 instead, and then there are a few that have actually stopped playing PSU altogether.

Don't panic yet.

Im not in a state of panic or anything, I just noticed were moving really slow now on the points,heh I forgot kids have school and other adults have work.Well I hope you guys are right,I at least wanna beat the JP servers at something since theyve beaten us at everything(firebreak,1up)and since sega really made it easier for us by lowering their expectations

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-05-01 09:53 ]</font>

thebummers
May 1, 2008, 11:56 AM
School, work, etc. but I will also add in that anything new is embraced and squat-humped with joy while it is new and then slowly depreciates in interest factor.

Also, because of the excellent XP/MP, I think most people started the event on their highest toons with the highest job class and are now playing a lower level alt or switched to a different, lower class. This will simply slow down the kill speed to some degree. I know C kills count the same but people will still likely play the highest difficulty they can enter for the best possible rewards. So from the start we should have assumed that the breakneck initial pace would not be maintained for a month. At least I did.

DAMASCUS
May 1, 2008, 11:59 AM
Yeah more and more people are getting dropped due to broken billing so it will continue to slow down until that gets fixed.

Being that its the first work week since the start of MAG, yes that has an impact as well.

If the billing is fixed by the weekend we'll be back up in kills...especially with the Ruins opened by then http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DAMASCUS on 2008-05-01 10:00 ]</font>

Tink
May 1, 2008, 12:10 PM
It's a lot of things, but we're still pretty consistant. Even if we keep at this slow pace, we're bound to get close to 200 mill. We still have 23 days left. There's room for a lot of crunch time in there, especially weekends. Around May 23 a lot of schools will be getting out too, allowing people to really get grinding on the last few numbers we need.

As of right now, in this point of time including yesterday, yes we are slowing. That's due to all of the reasons above, including error 65, billing, GTA, school, work, and burning out from the first few days of MAG. During the day it's sometimes hard to find parties for S, which is a good indicator that some people have other things on their mind.

MAG is still fun + I know we'll get to where we want to be. =)

Tiyr
May 1, 2008, 12:13 PM
On 2008-05-01 10:10, Tink wrote:
I During the day it's sometimes hard to find parties for S, which is a good indicator that some people have other things on their mind.

Sadly, it seems to be hard more because of speed C runs. But then, I haven't looked today. Work and whatnot.

chu-chu-chu
May 1, 2008, 12:14 PM
is it just me,or are weekdays different from weekends?

LOL!

JAFO22000
May 1, 2008, 12:39 PM
Do you mean to say that the majority of people have more free time on weekends than they do on weekdays? Blasphemy!!

Zorafim
May 1, 2008, 12:51 PM
I would have thought that we would have got the 50mil mark by now... By yesterday, even.
Luckily, we're still on mark for 200mil. As long as we get treasure chest holder ruins by tomorrow at 8:00, we'll be fine.

Miyuki
May 1, 2008, 12:55 PM
Yes things have slowed down a bit, and some of the ititial excitement has worn off, but we should still hit 200mil. We have 4 weeks overall, so as long as we get about 50mil a week, then we're okay.

chu-chu-chu
May 1, 2008, 01:43 PM
i am very worried, to.

i logged onto xbox live 360 this morning and there was only one full universe. on saturday there were almost 4.

i should of listened to pikachef. >.>

NGX
May 1, 2008, 01:48 PM
A major factor is the billing problem, two of my friends have already told me they aren't returning because of the billing problem.
;_;

GuardianElite
May 1, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-05-01 10:55, Miyuki wrote:
Yes things have slowed down a bit, and some of the ititial excitement has worn off, but we should still hit 200mil. We have 4 weeks overall, so as long as we get about 50mil a week, then we're okay.

wouldnt count on it

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 03:00 PM
On 2008-05-01 09:43, New_One wrote:

Funny thing is that if the Ps2/PC had no billing problems we would probably be at like 75mill right now. or if it got fixed right as this moment, the number of kills would sky rocket fast

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atomic646 on 2008-05-01 13:01 ]</font>

The_Gio
May 1, 2008, 03:02 PM
On 2008-05-01 13:00, Atomic646 wrote:

On 2008-05-01 09:43, New_One wrote:

Funny thing is that if the Ps2/PC had no billing problems we would probably be at like 75mill right now. or if it got fixed right as this moment, the number of kills would sky rocket fast

yeah maybe for a day,then the people that quit will quit again cuz they got bored in one day

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 03:10 PM
maybe but we at least would have had ruins for like 2 days now

stukasa
May 1, 2008, 03:29 PM
Last night when I logged off Uni 2 only had 3 stars, compared to 4.5 stars a few days ago. I don't know if that means we're slowing down or not but I'm guessing it will pick up again on the weekend, especially since we're getting Ruins soon!

Does anyone think we'll get some kind of compensation for the billing error (assuming they don't fix it soon)? I mean, if we don't make the 200 million goal because people were unable to log in, that's not really our fault, is it? Shouldn't ST take that into consideration?

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 03:32 PM
On 2008-05-01 13:29, stukasa wrote:
Last night when I logged off Uni 2 only had 3 stars, compared to 4.5 stars a few days ago. I don't know if that means we're slowing down or not but I'm guessing it will pick up again on the weekend, especially since we're getting Ruins soon!

Does anyone think we'll get some kind of compensation for the billing error (assuming they don't fix it soon)? I mean, if we don't make the 200 million goal because people were unable to log in, that's not really our fault, is it? Shouldn't ST take that into consideration?

Right on! I think so

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 03:34 PM
true. when MAG came out it was basicly the weekend

xEndrance
May 1, 2008, 03:34 PM
I just think that people were excited with the drops and the xp so they did the mission for hours but after doing it for days at hand and you get the drop and are use to the xp the mission get boring kinda like white beast but once we get the ruins in 1mil we will have alot more people playing...

Plus the weekend is comming up and more people play on the weekends then weekdays, Remember when the event came out it was on a friday thats why we reached 10mil no prob...

Jainsea
May 1, 2008, 03:40 PM
Like everyone else said already, its the weekday atm, jobs, school and GTA4.
Of course it being the same stages over and over kinda hurts it too. I kinda thought
MAG would be bigger as an event..but thats just me. I think when we open Ruins soon, then
things will pick up again. Im not sure about hitting the last reward though :

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 03:44 PM
well I don't know about that I mean I have seen the ruins played through and it seems like it only about 4 - 5 minutes long

Nani-chan
May 1, 2008, 03:47 PM
49.25M and continuing, I'd say it's doing fine. 50m is the 1/4 mark to 200m and still a few weeks left.

Zorafim
May 1, 2008, 03:50 PM
Thing is, if we get to the 50mil mark at exactly friday, we don't have enough of a buffer in case the kill rate drops again. By monday, we were more than one day ahead. Now we're cutting it close.

SonicTMP
May 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
You can do all the predictions you want but it's really hard to tell the end result. It's not like the majority of poeple don't work during the week. Or the fact some new games have been released. We should hit another burst this weekend with ruins being opened up. And again once DF is unlocked.

We have at least 3 more weeks to go right? You can panic about numbers near the end. For now it's better not to worry about it.

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 03:55 PM
If we knew what were getting at 200 then we might step it up. or slow down depending

Kelvie
May 1, 2008, 03:59 PM
Is it just me, or is it odd that most peoples on this topic are not quoting the billing issues as a reason for the slowdown?

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 04:05 PM
not really, because we all know that theres no need to bring it up

SonicTMP
May 1, 2008, 04:09 PM
If the billing is that big of an issue then we'll notice it when it's fixed. Hard to tell right now since the initial event burst is always so crazy.

Atomic646
May 1, 2008, 04:16 PM
There's one way to put it

Kylie
May 1, 2008, 04:48 PM
I think the main reason we're slowing down is due to overplay and boredom. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif I guess the billing site issue can also be blamed for keeping a good bit of people offline.

DavidNel
May 1, 2008, 04:58 PM
School, work, life, and billing site errors all contribute to the lack of kills. Should pick up tomorrow at ~6:00 EST, however.