PDA

View Full Version : Not that we need everything, but...

Tiyr
May 1, 2008, 11:51 AM
Is anyone else slightly perturbed--or confused, I guess--by the selectiveness of the PSO disc tracks available? Forest, caves, ruins and mines are all clearly in the game, but no discs.

I mean, who the hell wants Temple, anyway?

Yes this is just me wanted mines music in my room. Sue me.

Noblewine
May 1, 2008, 12:28 PM
I never noticed, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try and see what they sound like. I kinda missed the opportunity to play PSO when it was out.

Tiyr
May 1, 2008, 12:54 PM
If you missed PSO, the thing the Max Attack versions of the tracks don't capture is this thing the music did where every area actually had two separate tracks--a "calm" version and a battle version, with transition points between them so as you got into fights the music changed, and as you finished them off it changed back.

They did it about as seamlessly as you could expect. Of everything they didn't bring back, that's one of the ones that I really think they should've.

And mines and ruins are both great.

Seority
May 1, 2008, 01:06 PM
I like PSO music more then PSU though. So I'm glad they gave us the option to have the discs in the first place http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Rust
May 1, 2008, 01:09 PM
Gib "The Frenzy Wilds" for my beast room, NAO ! D°

Zorafim
May 1, 2008, 02:44 PM
"Why can I still see the light" prz. That was a perfect ending to a perfect game. I'll settle for the piano version.

Rust
May 1, 2008, 08:45 PM
"Can still se the light" is in the current PSO discs you can retrieve (or maybe it isn't available yet, but i've seen it in the item exchange charts on PSUpedia) ; i doubt it's the piano version though - i didn't try it as i didn't echanged any of my badges, or turned them into gold ones, yet.

Sinue_v2
May 1, 2008, 08:56 PM
On 2008-05-01 18:45, Rust wrote:
"Can still se the light" is in the current PSO discs you can retrieve (or maybe it isn't available yet, but i've seen it in the item exchange charts on PSUpedia) ; i doubt it's the piano version though - i didn't try it as i didn't echanged any of my badges, or turned them into gold ones, yet.

That's the first I've heard of it. I think you might be thinking of "Whole New World". They also had "World with me" - the Ep II ending and the Ep III opening I think.

Personally, I'd rather have had Nostalgia in Solitude II rather than I, because NiSII has the remix of the Phantasy Star III opening song. Which was awesome. Or a remix of the GBA Collection music which was compilation of PSI, PSII, and PSIII's opening themes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-05-01 18:58 ]</font>

Legendria
May 1, 2008, 08:58 PM
Actually, I'm more concerned about the fact that they keep using teh battle music over the calm music.

Forest non-battle music is 1000x better than the battle version.

Kanore
May 1, 2008, 09:01 PM
On 2008-05-01 18:58, Legendria wrote:
Actually, I'm more concerned about the fact that they keep using teh battle music over the calm music.

Because if you haven't noticed pretty much all of the normal stage music is also fast paced.

Rust
May 1, 2008, 09:05 PM
On 2008-05-01 18:56, Sinue_v2 wrote:

On 2008-05-01 18:45, Rust wrote:

That's the first I've heard of it. I think you might be thinking of "Whole New World". They also had "World with me" - the Ep II ending and the Ep III opening I think.

Personally, I'd rather have had Nostalgia in Solitude II rather than I, because NiSII has the remix of the Phantasy Star III opening song. Which was awesome. Or a remix of the GBA Collection music which was compilation of PSI, PSII, and PSIII's opening themes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-05-01 18:58 ]</font>

Well, my mistake, it isn't available at all ; i mistook it with "World with me", not about what theme it was, but only because i overlooked the items you could get when i checked and just remembered there was one of the PSO ending themes, too bad i've never been fond of this Ep. II one.

Legendria
May 1, 2008, 09:06 PM
On 2008-05-01 19:01, Kanore wrote:

Because if you haven't noticed pretty much all of the normal stage music is also fast paced.

The "calm" discs should have been available when FoI was released, whether it was used in the map or not. Now we have the ship music, Rico's slow ass song and no Forest music.

They could have at least given us the whole slbgm_space instead of Tricktrack. Maybe I'm nitpicking now, whatever.

Gunslinger-08
May 1, 2008, 09:10 PM
On 2008-05-01 11:09, Rust wrote:
Gib "The Frenzy Wilds" for my beast room, NAO ! D°

YES!

Kanore
May 1, 2008, 09:45 PM
On 2008-05-01 19:06, Legendria wrote:

The "calm" discs should have been available when FoI was released, whether it was used in the map or not. Now we have the ship music, Rico's slow ass song and no Forest music.

They could have at least given us the whole slbgm_space instead of Tricktrack. Maybe I'm nitpicking now, whatever.

Well then goddamn, then turn off your ingame music and download all of the PSO albums.

Legendria
May 1, 2008, 09:48 PM
On 2008-05-01 19:45, Kanore wrote:

Well then goddamn, then turn off your ingame music and download all of the PSO albums.

I still have all of the .ogg's from Blue Burst client.....but i want to share my love for PSO music with everyone who comes to my room to buy my serafi-senba :3

Zorafim
May 1, 2008, 09:49 PM
On 2008-05-01 19:48, Legendria wrote:

I still have all of the .ogg's from Blue Burst client.....but i want to share my love for PSO music with everyone who comes to my room to buy my serafi-senba :3

Megaquote GO!

Legendria
May 1, 2008, 09:50 PM
On 2008-05-01 19:49, Zorafim wrote:

On 2008-05-01 19:48, Legendria wrote:

Megaquote GO!

Am I doing it right?!?

Lol there's a re-quote window limit XD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Legendria on 2008-05-01 19:51 ]</font>

ShadowDragon28
May 1, 2008, 10:55 PM
I really like "TrickTrack" & the original version; the dungeon bgm in the first Phantasy Star...
I guess I'm the only one that does...

Astarin
May 2, 2008, 12:34 AM
I agree with Rust. "The Frenzy Wilds" is easily one of my favourite tracks from PSO.

pikachief
May 2, 2008, 12:40 AM
Is the music from the last room in the ruins in this event? i want it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zorafim
May 2, 2008, 12:43 AM
On 2008-05-01 22:40, pikachief wrote:
Is the music from the last room in the ruins in this event? i want it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

You're talking about the closest place to heaven? I haven't heard anything about that song.

pikachief
May 2, 2008, 12:44 AM
is that the name? cool i love trick track and the song at the last room of the ruins http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

i cant wait for it to come out, im sure, since they have the mission complete music, that they'll have these songs XD

Astarin
May 2, 2008, 12:47 AM
No, it's PSO Disc 5: "You Have Nowhere to Go". (the music from the last Ruins room, that is)

pikachief
May 2, 2008, 01:00 AM
On 2008-05-01 22:47, Astarin wrote:
No, it's PSO Disc 5: "You Have Nowhere to Go". (the music from the last Ruins room, that is)

oh thank you! i'll get that tomorrow morning http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Cathbar
May 2, 2008, 09:46 AM
Um.. I could be vastly wrong, but I'm pretty sure my friend has the calm music from the forests in PSO playing in his room. It sure sounded like it <_<;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cathbar on 2008-05-02 07:48 ]</font>

TheGreyCliche
May 2, 2008, 11:53 AM
Burning Ranger was a classic.