PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations!

AlMcFly
May 2, 2008, 10:11 AM
You're traveling through a stage and a rare drops. You look at it but don't pick it up because it is just a 9* board and they are as rare as dirt. Another team member sees it, picks it up and it is distributed to you. Immediately after, the guy who picked it up says "Congratulations!" How do you respond? Please be honest.

Edit: I have a theory I'm testing out. It's the only reason I would make a poll like this.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-05-02 08:13 ]</font>

Zarode
May 2, 2008, 10:12 AM
I drop it. :>

edit:

Mysterious-G smiles when I exist. :>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2008-05-02 08:32 ]</font>

Scythe88
May 2, 2008, 10:13 AM
Just annoyed but not enough to care

hiraisho
May 2, 2008, 10:15 AM
I make it, more A ranks for the classes that cant use S ranks of said weapon

Schubalts
May 2, 2008, 10:16 AM
I will eat your face after we all have a good, hearty laugh about it.

darkante
May 2, 2008, 10:19 AM
I will say "thx but you can keep it D:"

Krisan
May 2, 2008, 10:21 AM
None of the above. I vendor it after the mission happily and make a few meseta for it. A Rank weapons and boards are useful for a quick buck at the NPC during events like MAG, since they drop so damned frequently. Honestly though, I usually only party with friends, so we'll pick up everything and if something awesome drops we just figure out who wants it the most and they get it, while everything else gets sold, end of story.

Mysterious-G
May 2, 2008, 10:26 AM
I always smile when somebody picks it up, get it, and then drop it. Delicious. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-05-02 08:27 ]</font>

Akaimizu
May 2, 2008, 10:28 AM
Hmm. That scenario doesn't really happen with me. I still see plenty of value in drops of that level. Partly because they still are worth money, another aspect is that I have more characters to raise as well. A lot of people do, and will want some good affordable 9* weaponry.

MrNomad
May 2, 2008, 10:28 AM
None of the above. I boot them from the party http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Jakosifer
May 2, 2008, 10:32 AM
None of the above, I'd laugh since I'm very used to a certain group of friends spamming that whenever someone gets something not so rare. >_>

Neith
May 2, 2008, 10:34 AM
9* boards= free meseta

That is all.

LTrav2k
May 2, 2008, 10:42 AM
Anything that's not wanted get easily converted to meseta by the vendors http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cracka_J
May 2, 2008, 10:49 AM
Considering I'm the guy that usually picks them up for lulz, it's either "lol" (if someone besides me gets it) or sad face if I get it.

It's free money guys, stop complaining, and instead try laughing about the high amounts of random crap this game loves to hand out. Who cares, if you don't want it, sell it.

desturel
May 2, 2008, 10:49 AM
On 2008-05-02 08:34, UrikoBB3 wrote:
9* boards= free meseta

That's my feeling about it. I run with a normal group and everyone except for one person picks up EVERYTHING (even monomates). The one person who doesn't pick up anything is always angry because the stuff we pick up goes to him. I say "if you don't want the dimates, just keep a stack of 20 on you." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

He drops anything that isn't S rank and I pick them up and sell them to the NPC. Works out for me since I get an extra 50~100k per run. His excuse "they fill up my space". this particular run drops elemental photons and booma claws. That's about it. I've done runs where I've had 40 items in my inventory after 15 runs without dropping off. That's because damn near everything stacks. the only thing that doesn't stack are the boards and the weapons which I sell off for quick profit. He says it wastes time to sell them. I say it wastes more time, to check your inventory every block to drop them. At least I'm selling them outside of the mission instead of stopping every single time I see my name appear on the screen to drop something I don't want.

In other words, S rank mission runs with him = 35 minutes.
S rank Mission runs with someone who doesn't care replacing him = 25 mins.

C runs with him (three people) = 17 minutes for 333 kills
C runs without him (two people) = 14 minutes for 333 kills (this is because the other person in the group runs back to pick up the stuff he's dropping so forward progress slows to just me at times.)

If I join a random group, the first thing I ask is "what do you guys do with drops". I don't want to waste time hearing people bitch about drops when they are doing a C or A rank run. Pick up whatever. Sell whatever you don't want. Do the mission again. Wash rinse repeat.

Akaimizu
May 2, 2008, 10:52 AM
The main time I actually stop and drop stuff, really, is when I find myself hitting the 60/60 barrier and there's a good bit of level to go. Haven't done that much at all during the scant times I played this event. But I did run into that occassionally during regular mission runs.

AlMcFly
May 2, 2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the replies everyone. I personally say thank you, even when I don't want it. I find that in every party I have ever been in, there is always that one prick guy who will just DIE if he doesn't say "Lol, it's not really that rare" or "I already have so many of those". What is the point behind this? All it does is make you feel like you're the most seasoned "veteran" in the party, and makes all the newer players feel even newbier.

Every rare board if put at a super low price in your shop will sell eventually. (Hell, I had like 20 Raikasobracs in my shop for hella cheap and all eventually sold. That is the least loved weapon in the game I think.) I have a PM full of boards I won't use and every now and then I do a mass shop inventory update.

All I'm getting at is that you don't look cool when you "inform" us how good you are. You end up looking like a chump craving attention. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: P.S. I also find it quite amusing when you are leveling a low level alt and some higher level player starts talking to you like you are an uber newb. Starts "teaching" you things about the game or bragging. You could have three characters at level 130 and be on a level 20 alt yet people will still automatically assume it is your only character ;P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-05-02 09:11 ]</font>

Kylie
May 2, 2008, 11:34 AM
I don't say anything and sell it after the mission. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif I might ask if anybody needs it though, or I'll tell the person that said something it isn't rare and to save his congratulations. Depends on my mood, really.

Kinako78
May 2, 2008, 11:38 AM
Say thanks. Sometimes I may offer it if someone else says they want it, though.

Anduril
May 2, 2008, 11:42 AM
Say nothing, then sell it. Unless it's a weapon that I don't have, at which point I synth it just to have it.

The_Gio
May 2, 2008, 11:48 AM
Me personally,just say "woo....." since it happens every shigga brada drop.Or grinder A,or Booma Claw. Point is if this is the first time this has happened,just consider yourself lucky cuz its been happening to me since the beginning of MAG

Eligaz
May 2, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'd probably say "thank you", and if they seem to be nice people and in need for it I'd surrender it to them. If they're nice.

Usually I always respond to "congratulations", no matter what it is. =P If they can be bothered to type it/press the hotkey the least I could do is to thank them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Eligaz on 2008-05-02 09:54 ]</font>

Inazuma
May 2, 2008, 12:03 PM
i think ppl can get too carried away w/ saying "congrats" every 5 seconds. the word quickly starts to lose its meaning after you hear it 30 times a mission.

generally i will only congratulate someone if they get an item thats actually worth something or if they max out a char/type/PA level.

Cracka_J
May 2, 2008, 12:06 PM
On 2008-05-02 08:58, McFlyVII wrote:
Edit: P.S. I also find it quite amusing when you are leveling a low level alt and some higher level player starts talking to you like you are an uber newb. Starts "teaching" you things about the game or bragging. You could have three characters at level 130 and be on a level 20 alt yet people will still automatically assume it is your only character ;P.

LOL.
These are the peeps I have the most fun with, because I tend to act stupid if they're going to assume I'm a noob anyway. Case & point:

Was playing Awoken Serpent with a few friends that were trying to help me level my alt (now my main) at the time. Some person joins, and because we're all on alts (and a lower lvl then them), starts spewing directions back and forth, even though we all thoroughly know the mission.

So we call them out on it several times, they're not getting the clue. Finally we get to de rol le, and the person goes absolutely nuts with the directions. "go left! now go right! shoot! attack!". We are all on vent and are dying of laughter at this point. So we decide to do the best thing we can, and position each of our characters on all the switches, and sit. Switches break, boat stops moving, we continue to sit.

The person finally replies "this is a sad state for gamers", which was something we could all 100% agree on. We finish the mission, person leaves.

I love psu. <3

Katrina
May 2, 2008, 02:25 PM
"Thanks!"

If it dropped while killing, most of the time I'm just focused on the mission and don't chat much anyways. If someone "congrats" me I'll thank them regardless.

Danny_Dark
May 2, 2008, 02:31 PM
9* boards...I sell it to the NPC...

Noblewine
May 2, 2008, 03:26 PM
I just congratulate them I don't really care if I'm running with someone I exchanged cards with.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Noblewine on 2008-05-02 13:27 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
I say ";o" then drop or NPC it later.

relentless
May 2, 2008, 03:29 PM
Be optimistic about it and "lol".

Garnet_Moon
May 2, 2008, 03:42 PM
I just do a "lol" and vendor it to the NPC when we get done. I recall forgetting to do it, and stopped getting items. When I went to see if my inventory was full, it turns out I had about 30 of those 7* yohmei X-Bow boards.

I cried.

xEndrance
May 2, 2008, 03:52 PM
I say "-Sigh-" along with "..." Then i make the board and if it is a striking wep i feed it to my bot(s)....

DavidNel
May 2, 2008, 04:02 PM
I always say cg when someone gets a 8*+ board. It's just nice to do. And hey, if you don't want it, I'll take it! Anything's better than nothing.

ChaosTsukasa
May 2, 2008, 04:04 PM
This is why I play solo most of the time >_>

Whenever I do get in a party, and rare gets into my inventory, I don't say anything and just keep it, unless someone else wants it.

Powder Keg
May 2, 2008, 05:15 PM
9* = offering box.

SuperChoco
May 2, 2008, 05:22 PM
Yesterday, a Ryusaikoh(sp?) dropped and someone picked it up. They said they didn't want it.
I asked if I could have it, I got it.
It now got out of the oven and replaced my alt's meteor cannoc.

Voison
May 2, 2008, 05:28 PM
I want to eat your face.

Rwar?

xJakkalx
May 2, 2008, 06:14 PM
I can't resist picking up rare things, even boards. Anything with 7* or more I tend to grab. I can't help it. I'm addicted to things that could be considered "treasure".

However, I'm also usually alone, so no one minds but me.

Tetsaru
May 3, 2008, 02:06 AM
I'll pick up just about anything, really. You never know when you could synth a 50% weapon, or grind it to 10.

AnamanaAU
May 3, 2008, 02:18 AM
It's a 9*, it's trash, not an S-rank, no fuss.

DoubleJG
May 3, 2008, 02:27 AM
I'd respond with either:

1) lol thanks

2) ty

3) You want it? I already have one/some.

ArcImpulse
May 3, 2008, 03:29 AM
Needs a "McFly is a jerk" option.

Atomic646
May 3, 2008, 07:14 AM
Why is there no "Boot Them" option? today I was leveling one of my alts on this guy comes in a picks up 6 Booma Claws... So i boot him. That pisses me off with a passion.

relentless
May 3, 2008, 07:22 AM
I lol'd at the 2 posts above me. <_<