PDA

View Full Version : choutou optimum range

gryphonvii
May 2, 2008, 05:25 PM
something I've been noticing with choutou is that the first part is very weak when compared to the second part, but I have noticed that after a certain range, at the very end of its travel it can hit an enemy very hard, instead of only a thousand it hits for 4000+, has anyone else noticed it. I noticed the opposite on chiki, on extreme range it hit for only a few hundred.

joefro
May 2, 2008, 06:15 PM
Yeah, I noticed.
I actually like using choutou more, it hits more enemies and the second hit is deadly.

chikki=power
choutou=range

gryphonvii
May 2, 2008, 06:20 PM
joefro... oh I remember you, always see you hanging out in uni 26, I'm usually on my beast Kane, I agree with that, with a high enough chikii, those two hits can out damage choutou, and its a heck of a lot easier to aim.

LaughingMan
May 2, 2008, 06:25 PM
When i use Choutou i have to get ridiculously close to hit anything so I stopped using it after it got to level 17. How far are you talking about cause i'm clueless about this.

edit: your post number is 666 lol

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LaughingMan on 2008-05-02 16:26 ]</font>

joefro
May 2, 2008, 06:33 PM
When I use choutou, I hit basically everything in my field of vision, since choutou goes in a semi-circular motion. Try getting both to lv40 then compare them. After chikki's nerf, it is still powerful, but both pas are pretty balanced now.

Garnet_Moon
May 2, 2008, 06:34 PM
What do you mean Chikki is Power, and Choutou is range? I don't have Choutou yet, but Chikki's range is as far as enemies spawn for me. We're talking even off my radar, and they still get hit. I can't see the numbers it does from so far, so how do you know Choutou hits for 4k if it goes farther than Chikki? Did I just completely misread the thread? I've got 50 Pa frags right now, and debating between Choutou and Tornado Dance. Tell me more about Choutou, please. Now i'm curious.

Even if I only own 1 Slicer, 3 Double Sabers, and every elemental version of Futsnata at 30% or higher, i'd like to not use Dus Majarra so much and use more FG-ish weapons.

Tell me moar or link me to info. please.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2008-05-02 16:36 ]</font>

mvffin
May 3, 2008, 01:56 AM
it works with chikki too, all it does is cause one of your attacks to do the same damage as the next attack.(even if the next hit is a normal attack, which is what you saw with chikki.) its been around since slicers have been around.

Chotou has MUCH less range than chikki. It does tend to be faster, and better at hitting enemies that are beside/behind you. it takes a LOT of practice to get used to how it moves. its still a good PA, it just never got noticed because of OMG chikki. now I actually see people using it, because it CAN outdamage chikki.

Hrith
May 3, 2008, 07:50 AM
http://keffypoo.free.fr/psu/network/choutou_range.png

Chikki has slitghly more range, but only because the attack is linear, whereas Choutou's blades fly up, missing the monsters if they're too far.
If you attack a monster upstairs from you, Choutou and Chikki have the same range, but that does not happen a lot >_>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hrith on 2008-05-03 05:50 ]</font>

Retniwreven
May 3, 2008, 07:51 AM
Something I noticed about Chikki is that if you hit something at the far end of your vision, it can knock it down.

Kinako78
May 3, 2008, 07:52 AM
Is that a recent picture, Hrith?

Retniwreven
May 3, 2008, 08:13 AM
That's from... man, what was it... that event... with the guys... I can't even remember anymore.

Atomic646
May 3, 2008, 08:25 AM
Her Secret Mission?

Retniwreven
May 3, 2008, 08:39 AM
Nope. Notice the disk collection and experience multiplier. It's not HSM.

Kinako78
May 3, 2008, 09:49 AM
Edit: Never mind. I'm being an idiot right now. It's 1-up.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kinako78 on 2008-05-03 07:49 ]</font>

mvffin
May 3, 2008, 10:20 AM
pretty sure thats winter event. the only one with the varying experience boost.

Mysterious-G
May 3, 2008, 10:32 AM
Noticed the yellow name, anyone? Can only be the Winter Event.

Kinako78
May 3, 2008, 10:50 AM
Right. Winter Event. Told you I'm an idiot right now. ^_^;;