PDA

View Full Version : Do the NPC box drop rares drop on all ranks?

PALRAPPYS
May 3, 2008, 01:31 PM
Was gonna hunt Kazarodoc on C, but does it only drop on S?

I saw one drop, but my 2 friends and I didn't get it, and the random person in the party got it while we were playing S rank. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

So does anyone know?

Micro
May 3, 2008, 01:38 PM
I think they're special drops so it should be any rank.

Fanin
May 3, 2008, 01:46 PM
Yes, it should drop on C too.

PALRAPPYS
May 3, 2008, 08:23 PM
Can anyone confirm? Just wondering.

AerisZeal
May 3, 2008, 08:32 PM
They do drop on any rank, just found a Silence Claw on C last night. The other NPC's should be the same. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EspioKaos
May 3, 2008, 08:33 PM
The NPC-specific weapons are all special drops, so they have a chance of dropping on any difficulty.

On 2008-05-03 18:23, PALRAPPYS wrote:
Can anyone confirm? Just wondering.

Ryna can. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif
http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=873005#873005

Jarek
May 3, 2008, 10:58 PM
Yeah, that friend Ryna's referring to would be me. I did about 8 C runs solo earlier to get it.

jayster
May 3, 2008, 11:02 PM
I saw an Ank Zagzac drop on A

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2008, 12:08 AM
Does drop rates increase by the amount of people in your party? I've done about 30 C runs for silence claw, and so far - nothing. I didn't even do this many runs for my Blackheart from Tylor.

Chuck_Norris
May 4, 2008, 12:21 AM
On 2008-05-03 22:08, Sinue_v2 wrote:
Does drop rates increase by the amount of people in your party? I've done about 30 C runs for silence claw, and so far - nothing. I didn't even do this many runs for my Blackheart from Tylor.

Are you getting Sue?

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2008, 12:26 AM
Yeah

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-05-03 22:27 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
May 4, 2008, 01:48 AM
Well, I dunno then. Ya might just have bad luck with the drop. :/

hiraisho
May 4, 2008, 02:16 AM
I've done a fair number on C runs also (yes I'm getting Sue) no luck here either on the claw. Would switch to Rupika to try for Kazadodoc but after that many Sue runs, I doubt I will until I get the claw XD

Ragna_Divide
May 4, 2008, 06:35 AM
Totally not to rain on anyone's parade, but...

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but at 10/10 (for both) the Kazarodoc has like 250 less TP than the get-10-of-them-they're-basically-free-anyway Chao Staff, doesn't it? Maybe I'm missing something but at least two of the NPC rewards (Kubara axe from Kireek and Kazarodoc from Rupika) seem to be completely useless. Aside from the Kaza looking totally badass, mind you. Kazarodoc has a bit more PP, but... it also grinds as an S-rank as opposed to the relative ease of grinding the Chao Staff as an A-rank.

I know, I know... ST doesn't always make a lot of sense, but given how relatively difficult (or at least extreeeeemely time consuming / heaaavily luck based) it is to get the NPC special weapons, at least two don't seem to be even remotely worth using even if they dropped. Haven't compared Silence Claw or Stag Cutlery... er, Cutralli yet, but my Fighgunner's female and I'd probably use Silence Claw even if it was total crap, so hey.

Incidentally, in about 12 Ruins runs I haven't seen any special NPC weapons drop. Not that it's really a good sample size.

Sinue_v2
May 4, 2008, 07:29 AM
The only reason I want the Silence Claw is because it's blue. It fits NM-3084. You can guess why.

Oh, and four more runs later, no luck. I'm starting to consider just waiting it out and then buying one as prices drop.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sinue_v2 on 2008-05-04 05:30 ]</font>

Atomic646
May 4, 2008, 08:24 AM
I just bought a Kazarodoc for 4 mill.... only to find out it has no SE animation. The halarodoc glows when you cast right? why does the Kazarodoc not do the black mist effect like the kazarod?

Kinako78
May 4, 2008, 08:41 AM
I found a Silence Claw last night and so did a friend, both on C.

hiraisho
May 4, 2008, 11:34 AM
Oh I already know that, though I like collecting things that I can use and I am still devoid of a S rank rod. I also like the way Kazarod looks, after the event somertime I'll work on farming the non kubara knockoff... probably

Astarin
May 4, 2008, 01:04 PM
On 2008-05-04 06:24, Atomic646 wrote:
I just bought a Kazarodoc for 4 mill.... only to find out it has no SE animation. The halarodoc glows when you cast right? why does the Kazarodoc not do the black mist effect like the kazarod?

No, the Halarodoc doesn't glow. None of the Kubara copies ever retain the special visuals of the originals. That goes for melee and ranged S ranks too.