PDA

View Full Version : Booting...

skyhigh
May 4, 2008, 01:18 PM
Have you been getting booted more recently? I'm just curious because lately whenever I play at least on one run I get booted before the final prize. Now the strange thing is its even when I start with the party from the lobby. Now I know some people are jerkoffs that do that because they think its funny or to be greedy, but is it happening more often because of MAG? What are your thoughts.

Kion
May 4, 2008, 01:22 PM
well it could beca-

*Kion has been removed by party leader*

Mysterious-G
May 4, 2008, 01:23 PM
I think of all the people you could have partied with, you got unlucky and partied with the jerks. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I intended to boot a person once during MAG, but because he didn`t want to enter that damn blue laser fence, because he disliked Sue. Come on now, lol. (But nah, he left before I could kick him, that resulted in another member leaving, and THEN he rejoined...)

The_Gio
May 4, 2008, 01:26 PM
well MAG brings more people,people who which didnt have the patience to stay on PSU,meaning they dont have much patience and/or they think they have better things to do.Since they just come on for the event they just dont care.Basically I dont boot,but there are alot who do,especially if your on 360,your gonna get booted alot from my 6 years of experience on xbox live.To answer your question,yeah its cuz of MAG

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-05-04 11:28 ]</font>

darkante
May 4, 2008, 01:27 PM
I donīt see why people still boot other for prizes. Itīs just retarded. :S
This event is more for MP and Exp then rares in general. :S

Dhylec
May 4, 2008, 01:30 PM
Online or real life, there are always good & bad people. If you encountered bad ones, stay away from them. Make friends & your own games to avoid such sad greedy stories. ;]

Rayokarna
May 4, 2008, 01:30 PM
What server you on?

Kylie
May 4, 2008, 01:37 PM
I've only been booted once this event; by some guy that was running B and decided he wanted to solo it after me and someone else joined. Other than that, I guess I'm just lucky, or I lead / play with friends a lot.

redcell
May 4, 2008, 01:49 PM
I've only had to boot one person during this event, but it was without malice. After we entered ruins, the player just seemed to have gone afk without telling anyone. The rest of the party and I waited for a long while, trying to see if he was still around but he never moved nor responded. We thought he may have been d/c'ing but too much time had passed. I felt we gave him enough time to responde/return and I didn't want to keep the others waiting.

Now, I've personally have not seen/experience people booting others just because of prizes. That is seriously a petty reason for doing so. Yeesh.

Spacepest
May 4, 2008, 02:21 PM
More people playing for the event=more booting taking place.

I've only booted one person from the event so far...and it was a guy who went AFK for a really long time. After the 15 minute point passed, the entire party had lost patience with the guy.

And I haven't seen any booting for prizes yet either. Yet. And I've been joining alot of random teams on Uni 2 (I swear, it seems like all my friends IRL are suffering from the Sega billing problems right now).

So far, since I'm been playing in lower level teams, I've only seen stupid noob type mistakes. You know, people forgetting to bring scapes, healing items, weapons rapidly running out of PP, etc. Usually a friendly reminder/advice to them ("You need to buy X items for the next mission or else you will be booted next time") is enough to take care of it.

Alizarin
May 4, 2008, 02:22 PM
On 2008-05-04 11:49, redcell wrote:
Now, I've personally have not seen/experience people booting others just because of prizes. That is seriously a petty reason for doing so. Yeesh.

The only time I've been booted was for this reason. But it wasn't during in this event. Either way, booting is rather counterproductive especially if they end up relying on random groups to get through runs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alizarin on 2008-05-04 12:23 ]</font>

Syl
May 4, 2008, 02:24 PM
I never get booted from random parties since I'm the only techer in the party that actually heals/buffs.

Dragwind
May 4, 2008, 03:03 PM
I heard some guy got booted for not getting a Twin Durandel drop go to him, lulz.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 03:12 PM
On 2008-05-04 12:24, SylviaEspada wrote:
I never get booted from random parties since I'm the only techer in the party that actually heals/buffs.

Sad thing is, this is a cast guntecher talking. Kinda funny how player skill can make so much more of an impact than race and jobs.

SabZero
May 4, 2008, 04:09 PM
Ugh, maybe they are booting so only they get the kill count?

Well, in uni15 most parties are locked anyway. Mine aren't for the event, feel free to drop in. Be aware that I pick up pretty much everything and I hate splitting up.

Jainsea
May 4, 2008, 04:52 PM
So far I havnt gotten the boot at all, but I feel its only a matter of time before I do http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
The only time I have booted and I REALLY try not to, is when someone just goes afk/brb without a word and we are all waiting like "where you go too!? Helleeeeo!? You there!?"
I wait long as possible, I dont want to lose anymore members so that would be the time where I hafta boot said person out : or if you just being rude as possible for no reason, boot....

bLOODSAW
May 4, 2008, 04:55 PM
Well i don't join random parties. I either start my own, or play with peeps i know in real life. This way i know im not getting booted http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif.

Ken_Silver
May 4, 2008, 05:12 PM
Me and a bunch of people are getting booted all the time...

By SEGA. DAMN ERROR BUG!!!

... sorry you had to read that. But yeah, getting booted is lame. If you ever see Kenneth Silver as the party leader when you're playing withh random parties on the PC servers, know that you'll never be booted unjustly. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

goaferboy
May 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
Made me laugh the other day. Got to the end of the forest block, opened the boxes, I got 3 badges due to it being on random, got booted. Surely the point is to be booted before the boxes are opened? I'm fairly certain I didn't have any luck that day either.

Simmy
May 4, 2008, 06:21 PM
We had to boot SAtaarcoeny because he is an egotistical bitch other than that... I haven 't had to boot anyone.

BFGfreak
May 4, 2008, 06:25 PM
I've gotten the boot after I got all the rares when the party leader set the item distribution to Random. It was cool, I got a sinowa line out of that http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

DavidNel
May 4, 2008, 07:33 PM
I only kicked one person who wouldn't leave the Ash gate. Before the mission, we had all established that we were going to get Kireek, bu tthis girl wouldn't leave...

Garnet_Moon
May 4, 2008, 08:04 PM
I booted this one guy who was a lv130 power gaming freak. He said that we where killing too slow, and that we're all under level for the rank of the mission.

We where all lv50-65, with him at lv130. On A Rank, Maximum Attack G. Under capped? Bitch please, we're enjoying a challenge. The funny thins is, he got all pissed when he ate a megid right in the ass and died as a result.

He didn't think the "lol" spam was funny, so I kicked him. Good riddance. All he did was show off his entire palette of high % S-Ranks and just murdered shit before our Fortetcher could tag anything.

AweOfShe
May 4, 2008, 08:16 PM
It's funny when randoms invite me and boot me the second I join, without them saying a thing. It's particularly more enjoyable when I meet them again in the near future, and I boot them for not giving me nudes. ;l

Tink
May 4, 2008, 08:27 PM
Hum, I haven't been booted before. :> However, I've booted one person whos intention was to hit the time attack leaderboard and not informing our group. We didn't notice until we were gathering badges in Forests and when we got into Caves, he was already in mines! Big exp disappointment for the rest of us; very selfsih as well for not informing us, pi. :>

On the other hand, I think the most likely boots are level 80s entering S rank. I started S rank at level 85 and was fortunate enough to befriend several people that were involved in S. I've seen "low levels" get booted from S rank groups, only to find they were looking for people level 100+, but never wanted to inform anyone about it.

unicorn
May 4, 2008, 08:39 PM
I havent been booted, buuuut I was turned down a position in a party for being "too low lvl".

Mind you I'm lvl 124.

The party that turned me down initially invited me, but hesitated last minute and came up with a BS excuse.

I think it was because they didn't realize I was a cast FT until AFTER they invited me. Not that mind. I usually get ignored by parties during event time. Parties assume my race/job combo is useless.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: super_luu on 2008-05-04 18:40 ]</font>

Noblewine
May 4, 2008, 09:34 PM
I haven't had this problem yet, I either solo or join people I exchanged partner cards with in the past.

bp_shoruko
May 4, 2008, 09:43 PM
wow, you get ignored during events? Both of my humans, and to a lesser extent my cast (being he isnt a cookie cutter), get almost completely ignored no matter what time it is, event or not. Lucky me, I at least have a few ppl I can always count on for a party... when they're actually on.

Sinfjotle
May 4, 2008, 09:54 PM
I got booted for my first time, not entirely sure why. I played with the group all the way up to the ruins and then the leader decided to boot me.

Suz
May 4, 2008, 10:00 PM
Well, if I'm the party leader, its my game. People go by my rules, or screw it. When people join, they aren't the king or queen, the leader is. Not to sound mean, but you're temporarily the leader's bitch for however long you're in the random party, unless the leader is your friend or something. I at least put in my team desc that if I don't want you in i'll get rid of you, but I don't think alot of people don't take the time to do that. But seriously though, too damn bad really. You got booted. It's no big deal. You're gonna jump in another game after a little bit of complaining. TEAM REJECTION FTW!

BigshowPat
May 4, 2008, 10:16 PM
So far I haven't been booted yet. I'm sure that it will happen sooner or later especially since the Ruins have been unlocked with then end boxes. I guess there's only one way to find out...

youthisoverrated
May 4, 2008, 11:09 PM
I've only had to boot one person during this event, but it was without malice. After we entered ruins, the player just seemed to have gone afk without telling anyone. The rest of the party and I waited for a long while, trying to see if he was still around but he never moved nor responded. We thought he may have been d/c'ing but too much time had passed. I felt we gave him enough time to responde/return and I didn't want to keep the others waiting.

same here. other than that if i want something at the boss boxes i just solo it and make sure i put a password on it to keep things like that from having to happen. i always hate booting people http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Powder Keg
May 5, 2008, 12:17 AM
Honeslty, in all my time playing this game, I've only run into one moron who booted me for not conversing with an NPC. (Yes, you read that correctly!)

Does this happen more often on 360? Or am I just lucky? Voice chat may play a part I'm guessing.

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 12:08 PM
I've only been booted a couple times in the entire tiem I have been playing this game. Mostly for running my mouth ;P.

I have two stories on booting from the MAG event:

In one party we were running a couple missions fairly quickly. On about the third run, I noticed from the beginning that our Fo would stand in one place for a long time, run a little sometimes to avoid mobs but then just stand in place again. This went on until about the middle of Mines until I finally asked her what she was doing. She didn't answer, yet every once in a while she was still moving. I wasn't party leader but I eventually told her that she would be removed if she didn't participate at all. In a hugely delayed reply, she rudely said that she was having problems at home at the moment. Because of the rude reply, I told her to deal with them in the lobby. Then I asked the leader to boot her but she left before he could. The leader then said I quote "Ok, don't be talking for the rest of the run!" I said "Ha" and left the party myself. I left him in Mines S with only 1 other party member. Eh, whatevs.

In another party I was lead. This time I was leveling Jabroga. A new guy joined and in his first run, we had barely gotten to the secret area in Forest when he says "OK, the knockback has got to stop!" I replied "As in?", giving him a chance to explain himself thinking maybe he wasn't talking about me. No reply. I booted him after that. NORMALLY, I mean 9/10 times, I would just argue with him the entire rest of the mission saying things like "Jabroga moves at a snails pace. If you can't tag monsters between it's hits, than you are a completely horrible player." and "I don't tell you how to play so leave your opinions to yourself." He was spamming Majarra too no less. I was just not in the mood at the time (imagine that!). ;P

Sha Sha
May 5, 2008, 01:19 PM
i normally get booted for picking everything up

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 5, 2008, 02:47 PM
i would have been anoyed at someone using jabroga on a bil de vear aswell

Mr_Confused
May 5, 2008, 02:50 PM
i got booted so much yesterday that i didnt get a single MP from mag. even the time when i made my own party everybody ended up and quit before we even got to the ruins. Once i even went through an entire mission with this guy and his party, got all the way thru the ruins and as we were killin the last gaozoran bam boot. i mean you let us pick up all the other badges and you boot us for 4 badges at the end. so my cast fighgunner is still stuck at level 5 *sigh*

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 02:53 PM
On 2008-05-05 12:47, WHlTEKNIGHT wrote:
i would have been anoyed at someone using jabroga on a bil de vear aswell

Why? Because you can't hit anything or are you too lazy to watch and anticipate when it is about to spin? Nobody should have to limit their damage potential and play style to accommodate another player's want of an easy game. Three hits and I've killed the Bil De Vear on S. Or I could just stick back and watch you peck at it wasting time while we want to continue into the stage. Can't avoid the spin? Stay the hell out of everyone else's way.

relentless
May 5, 2008, 02:59 PM
Never got booted because of such reasons before, and I only booted a few times because of the afk-leechers.
If it's about MAg I wouldn't know, prolly would be 065'ed anyways. lol

And, I don't see how it's useful to use Jabroga against a Bil De Vear, he got only one target and if people are annoyed with a good enough reason, might as well save those PA experiences for some non-Jabroga action.
But yeah, just saying, use what you want.
Now to hoping I don't get talked down from McFlyVII zomg. You win anyways.

Darius_Drake
May 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
I have been lucky. I haven't been booted yet this event. I never boot others, but I have been in parties with people who said they had just been booted from their last party. I know how it feels though, during the Winter Event I was in a party and got booted just as we killed the boss. I still got the mission points and meseta, but I didn't even get a sniff at what the boss boxes possibly held.

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 03:06 PM
On 2008-05-05 12:59, SeKaI wrote:
Now to hoping I don't get talked down from McFlyVII zomg. You win anyways.

Lol! I'm posting to make you think I am commenting on something you said. You didn't say anything I disagreed with though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

All I am really trying to say is that people can use whatever they want, whenever they want. They pay the same price to play as you do. People don't pay to get told what to do.

There are so many times I have whiffed on enemies because another player knocked them away or killed them first. Sometimes like 5 times in a row. I always consider it my fault though. If I didn't time it right, it's not so-and-so's fault. You will never ever hear me telling someone not to use a move such as the last move on Majarra. Hell, most high level techs lag the shiz out of me and I'm like whatevs. Some people jsut complain way too damn much and are angry anytime they have to alter their playstyle.

Xaeris
May 5, 2008, 03:21 PM
On 2008-05-05 12:53, McFlyVII wrote:

Why? Because you can't hit anything or are you too lazy to watch and anticipate when it is about to spin? Nobody should have to limit their damage potential and play style to accommodate another player's want of an easy game. Three hits and I've killed the Bil De Vear on S. Or I could just stick back and watch you peck at it wasting time while we want to continue into the stage. Can't avoid the spin? Stay the hell out of everyone else's way.

It's one thing to use whatever you like, however impractical is. It's just plain delusional to be convinced that it's your best damage option. You want to talk about wasting time? How about making that vear spin and thus unhittable for the duration? I could very easily kill vears with Cross Hurricane before you kill them with Jabroga (a Jabroga that's still being leveled no less) for that simple fact.

And I'm a god damned Acrofighter.

relentless
May 5, 2008, 03:24 PM
Now there, McFlyVII, we must have something in common, I like you.

Shows how much people fail for booting people because they use things you don't like in general, let alone loltornadodanceroflmaobootgoaway

And wow @ Mr_Confuse: I feel sorry for you, must be pretty harsh on your side. o.0'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-05-05 13:25 ]</font>

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:21, Xaeris wrote:
It's one thing to use whatever you like, however impractical is. It's just plain delusional to be convinced that it's your best damage option. You want to talk about wasting time? How about making that vear spin and thus unhittable for the duration? I could very easily kill vears with Cross Hurricane before you kill them with Jabroga (a Jabroga that's still being leveled no less) for that simple fact.

And I'm a god damned Acrofighter.

Hmmm. Can anyone please point out anywhere in my writing where I said that "Jabroga has the best damage in the game"? I'm really confused where you saw that in my post. Please? Anyone?

I said I was leveling Jabroga. I already have Cross Hurricane level 40 mister Xaeris. There are OBVIOUSLY better damage-dealing PA's in the game. Please. If you are THAT anxious about getting into a heated discussion, please bring something of relevance.

Edit: P.S. Haha Sekai! It has always seemed that I am easily able to bring out the inner debate in people ;P.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-05-05 13:31 ]</font>

relentless
May 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:21, Xaeris wrote:

Going into Off-Topic imo, wow, McFlyVII is good at "corrupting" people. lol
Also, it's like saying female Newman fF or male CAST fT are teh gimp, which may be the case, but you missed his point even by mentioning it at the beginning of your post. I don't see your point.

edit: Snaps, double post

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-05-05 13:29 ]</font>

desturel
May 5, 2008, 03:32 PM
I haven't booted anyone and I have never been booted myself. Probably most of it is that I normally play on Uni 16, 29, and 30. Uni 16 is mostly japanese players. Uni 29 is where most of my "2 priority" friends play so I know many of the people who join my group. Uni 30... I don't think anyone's ever randomly joined my party on Uni 30.

Inazuma
May 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
i agree that everyone should play the way they want to but id still like to see players thinking of others. personally its very annoying to me when a hunter uses jarbroga on weak monsters, slowing down the whole party. i dont play hunter but i think there are only 3 situations when you should use it:

- big monsters such as bosses that are immune to knock back
- small monsters that pose a threat (rare i know)
- if you are sure you will kill everything

McFlyVII, would you get upset at a force who was only spamming regrants? what about someone who ONLY used resta and never attacked? what about someone who was spamming lv 1 buffs on the other players b/c he wanted to level them?

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 03:43 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:33, Inazuma wrote:
McFlyVII, would you get upset at a force who was only spamming regrants? what about someone who ONLY used resta and never attacked? what about someone who was spamming lv 1 buffs on the other players b/c he wanted to level them?

Actually, swear to God, I don't get angry at any of those. As long as they aren't afk they can level whatever they want. I personally don't even notice what anyone else is doing really except the occasional sol atomizer usage if I see anyone afflicted. I just kill kill kill. These missions aren't difficult enough for me to worry about people doing their jobs.

I do agree with you though about situational usage. I am leveling Jabroga to 40. Once I hit that mark, I will move onto another. Afterwards if an axe is ever in my pallet with Jabroga again, it will only be used for the right purposes. I spam it on everything however while leveling the PA.

relentless
May 5, 2008, 03:47 PM
Wow, looks like the JP servers are doing perfectly fine, heh.

Edit: P.S. Haha Sekai! It has always seemed that I am easily able to bring out the inner debate in people ;P.
Indeed, and so far it's been hilarious for me to read through all of those argumentations and such, good entertainment. lol

On 2008-05-05 13:33, Inazuma wrote:

May want to ask in general, hope ya don't mind me replying to this lol

To answer it systematically, I'd say:
Regrants would be the same case as with McFly using Jabroga on Vear, but you got his point so yeah.
If the person would use it to lvl it up, I'd understand and, even if hard in general or for some people, I normally try to just bear with it.
Using it on purpose to annoy people is a different case, though. Dunno what to say about this except I never seen such idiots like these in my parties before, and the booting option is there for a reason, the person who'd do it on purpose can just expect right to get booted, I think.
Same with resta, but again.. why?lol I think this is a rather special case, I mean, zomg why only cast resta? I'd lol at them and ask them.. why?!XD
The thing with the buffs are pretty much acceptable imo, nothing to say against that in generel I'd say. ^_^

Am I going off-topic myself now? Am I? Snaps. But yeah, guess this is solved anyways.

Xaeris
May 5, 2008, 03:55 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:29, McFlyVII wrote:

Hmmm. Can anyone please point out anywhere in my writing where I said that "Jabroga has the best damage in the game"? I'm really confused where you saw that in my post. Please? Anyone?

I said I was leveling Jabroga. I already have Cross Hurricane level 40 mister Xaeris. There are OBVIOUSLY better damage-dealing PA's in the game. Please. If you are THAT anxious about getting into a heated discussion, please bring something of relevance.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-05-05 13:31 ]</font>

I'll point out to you where you said Jabroga is the best damage right after you point out to me where I said that you said Jabroga is the best damage.

As I said, I have no issue I care to voice with you doing as you like in a party; if it bothers me so much, I always have the option to leave after all. What was ridiculous with your writing was that when your use of Jabroga was criticized, you attempted to justify it by accusing other people of "wasting time" and at least your Jabroga had the virtue of not doing so, when in reality, that is Jabroga's downfall against vears.

That is all.

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 04:19 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:55, Xaeris wrote:
I'll point out to you where you said Jabroga is the best damage right after you point out to me where I said that you said Jabroga is the best damage.

Okies:

It's just plain delusional to be convinced that it's your best damage option. You want to talk about wasting time? How about making that vear spin and thus unhittable for the duration? I could very easily kill vears with Cross Hurricane before you kill them with Jabroga (a Jabroga that's still being leveled no less) for that simple fact.

This is a direct implication that I am convinced Jabroga is my best damage option. It is followed up by you comparing your Cross Hurricane to my "un-leveled" Jabroga.

As I said, I have no issue I care to voice with you doing as you like in a party; if it bothers me so much, I always have the option to leave after all. What was ridiculous with your writing was that when your use of Jabroga was criticized, you attempted to justify it by accusing other people of "wasting time" and at least your Jabroga had the virtue of not doing so, when in reality, that is Jabroga's downfall against vears.

That is all.

You missed the point of my story. The guy didn't say "Hey, Cross Hurricane would be better for Vears. Could you please not use Jabroga on the Vears?". He ordered me to stop knocking back the enemy. I don't take orders from people I do not know. Telling people you just met what to do is not a good way to get what you want. ;P

Edit: Grammar problems.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-05-05 14:20 ]</font>

Xaeris
May 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
You're right, that is quite the implication that I said Jabroga was your best damage option. What it's not, is what I asked, that you show me where I said it was your best damage, nevermind "best damage in the game." If you don't immediately grasp the distinction, that's fine, just keep reading.

If etiquette and manners are really what you took issue with when the guy said the Jabroga'ing needed to stop, then I genuinely mean no offense when I say you didn't present that well. You made skill and efficiency the core of your reply to that criticism. I'm sure you can understand that I'd take the stands you're defending from to hold the factors you consider salient and address you in like terms.

You mocked him for "pecking away" at the enemy, for wasting time, you made a point of how quickly Jabroga could kill vears and said that skill would make any downside a non-issue. These are hardly things you'd say if your chief concern was that the guy didn't ask you to stop nicely.

If skill and efficiency were chief priorities for you second to leveling your PAs, then it's safe to say you'd kill enemies using the underleveled PA that would be best for the job, yes? Hence, making it out to be your best option.

Just as being nice is the way to get things you want (sometimes), it's better to be clear on what your problem is if you want it to be addressed appropriately.

Zarode
May 5, 2008, 06:16 PM
I tend to get booted for not talking, at all. I don't know you, why would I want to talk to you? You're not funny, and you won't get my jokes.

I tend to boot for:

-being annoying!
-being noobish(varies, but I can stand some, but a lot of stupid shit gets you booted out rather quickly. I tend to give warnings though.)
-being an asshole. There is only room for one asshole, and that is me.

Hurray! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ScaryBen
May 5, 2008, 07:31 PM

*gleem*I think I know who that was...*vweheheheee*

I Told my brother he should have at least said something. Personally for me, it was great! As he continues to play while I'm Error65'd! (I know it's mean, but it brightened my morning none the less=] )
I thankyou Redcell for cheering up my morning the other day, with a deliciously evil & satisfying chuckle.