PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Speculation of comunity when Project DF is released.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 05:36 PM
Now, obviously we all want more kills to get the 200mil reward. So now, how will Project DF affect this?

I see two things happening. One, people will run the quest as usual, and activate the boss mission after the reward. This will slow down kills, because we'll waste time killing a boss instead of killing enemies.
Another thing that could happen is, people run the mission on C rank in order to get to Falz faster. With this, the kills will speed up, and we'll get the reward faster than if they'd have done S rank. Plus, many people will probably do this alone, getting us kills three times faster.

I see the second happening more than the first, at least enough to balance out the kill rating, because there are alot of casts in the game who want their SUV. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe we can fight S rank Dark Falz if we do the mission on C, causing some people to hunt his S rank drops. This will cause even more people to do C runs solo.

So, what do you think? Will our kills slow down or speed up once Falz is released?

Dragwind
May 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
I'm going with neutral.

Jainsea
May 4, 2008, 05:43 PM
If we can actaully do a C run and then choose S boss, then yes I see lots of people doing
that, but I dont know if thats possible :s Guess we'll see when we "hit" that mark and DF opens up.

Ryna
May 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
On 2008-05-04 15:43, Jainesa wrote:
If we can actaully do a C run and then choose S boss, then yes I see lots of people doing
that, but I dont know if thats possible :s Guess we'll see when we "hit" that mark and DF opens up.

Based on my experiences on the JP servers, you'll only be able to choose a boss rank corresponding to the one you are in. For example, on my last C-Rank run through the JP Max Attack Cup, I was only able to choose C-Rank Program DF.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
But that's five days away... I wanna know now!

ashley50
May 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
to each their own way of playing...

Sio
May 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
I am aiming for that SUV as much as everyone else. So kills from me is going to slow down if I can activate the boss sooner (if others are like this) the first few days I think are going to slow down. But as the SUV is more spread around I think itll pick up again.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
Keep in mind, for those hunting the SUV, the easiest way to get it is to spam C. These C runners will probably be people who would do S otherwise, and they'll probably be running solo. This would increase the amount of kills we get, not decrease, if my assumptions are correct.

galaxy
May 4, 2008, 05:56 PM
even if number one happened, more people would probably be playing more often because of the new released mission with the potential for great rewards, so that should even out any loss that's experienced.

DraginHikari
May 4, 2008, 06:32 PM
The only thing I assume is people that will complain about Falz being a reskin XD everything else I just wait and see.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 06:33 PM
Well, at least they reskinned the second most fun boss in the game...

McLaughlin
May 4, 2008, 06:39 PM
On 2008-05-04 16:33, Zorafim wrote:
Well, at least they reskinned the second most fun boss in the game...

I never really found waiting five minutes for him to get on the boat very much fun.

Barba Ray can go die somewhere. He stayed on the raft for a matter of seconds.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 06:46 PM
I meant the most fun boss in PSU, where it's either wait for ten minutes for bosses to land or lolmajarra them. Or both, in the case of Fakis' first form.

Even in PSO, he wasn't bad if you had a slicer, sword, and a handgun.

BigshowPat
May 4, 2008, 06:50 PM
I say that the kills will increase pretty quickly at first once the mission is released and will then slow down as everyone gets tired of doing Project DF.

Hopefully though we'll make up the difference and be able to reach 200 million!

Golto
May 4, 2008, 07:30 PM
It will slow down kill totals but we weren't going to make 200 mill anyway. At least thanks to the leaderboards that some people hate we might be able to get to 180 mill.

Garnet_Moon
May 4, 2008, 08:00 PM
When Program DF comes out, I will stop caring about the kill count, and will run MAG for one reason: Paradi Cataract.

I don't think i'm the only CAST who feels this way, either.

Zorafim
May 4, 2008, 08:03 PM
On 2008-05-04 18:00, Garnet_Moon wrote:

Now why would you say something like tha-AQUATIC RAIN OF DESTRUCTION FROM ABOVE, &^%$#ES!!! FREEZE! SUFFER! DIE!

Garnet_Moon
May 4, 2008, 08:06 PM
I... just need to get a Storm Line or a Shinowa-line board and pray to god it doesn't fail so I can use the SUV. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

ArcImpulse
May 4, 2008, 08:19 PM
What I wonder is if you can do the abandon after completion trick with Project DF.

tihoa
May 4, 2008, 08:22 PM
i don't think so. if you abandon, you will probably get kicked back to the Guardian HQ Lobby

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 4, 2008, 08:23 PM
On 2008-05-04 18:22, tihoa wrote:
i don't think so. if you abandon, you will probably get kicked back to the Guardian HQ Lobby

Yep.

Phoenix_Black
May 4, 2008, 08:39 PM
I'm going to C first, for the rares I need, then to S for Bulletdance, then back to C for the remainder.

JaiBlue
May 4, 2008, 08:44 PM
Must ...get Flowen's sword.....

jayster
May 4, 2008, 08:46 PM
i'll probably run C rank until I find my SUV. Then I'll head back to S ranks looking for rares.

pikachief
May 4, 2008, 09:16 PM
When Program DF comes out, I will stop caring about the kill count, and will run MAG for one reason: Paradi Cataract.

its funny after Program DF comes out you'll wish u wouldnt get them constantly XD

bp_shoruko
May 4, 2008, 09:55 PM
do they drop that often? If so then goodie, I won't have to do that many runs to get my cataract and go straight back to leveling..

Ken_Silver
May 4, 2008, 10:33 PM
If Casts spam C, then that's good for me.

I come one step closer to getting my Sange. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

So... start SPAMMING! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_yes.gif http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

mvffin
May 5, 2008, 12:06 AM
I'll probably run S more often. hopefully I don't fall too far behind on the LB, but I need to get some Tesbra from the boss. like 10.

DarkEliteRico
May 5, 2008, 12:32 AM

Trust me you aren't, i've given up on getting on the board to get my spread. I work too much and have better things to do then spend 16 hrs a day doing C runs for kill count. I went back to DG and started hunting again tonight, i'll go back to MAG in a few days probably.

pikachief
May 5, 2008, 12:40 AM
On 2008-05-04 19:55, bp_shoruko wrote:
do they drop that often? If so then goodie, I won't have to do that many runs to get my cataract and go straight back to leveling..

i got 3 in 2 runs...

Sha Sha
May 5, 2008, 01:08 AM
i want a Flowens Sword thats all after that back to spamming missions for points =D

Miyoko
May 5, 2008, 01:29 AM
Will Paradi Cataract still drop on Project DF after MAG?

... We get Project DF C-A after MAG too, don't we?

SonicTMP
May 5, 2008, 01:52 AM
On 2008-05-04 23:29, Miyoko wrote:
Will Paradi Cataract still drop on Project DF after MAG?

... We get Project DF C-A after MAG too, don't we?

After MAG we should get "Seal of the Dark God" which will got hru the hives as a normal mission to go fight DF. How a hive has a massive water raft system... we'll never know.

But yeah DF will become a normal boss with a lobby afterwards.. hmmmm

Sylpheed
May 5, 2008, 08:47 AM
Out of curiosity, does the Paradi Cataract have the same drop rate on a C run that it does on an S if so i shall be doing C's for the rest of the event. Coincedently, it's the best rank to run for money drops. Carriguine blades <3.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sylpheed on 2008-05-05 06:48 ]</font>

panzer_unit
May 5, 2008, 09:47 AM
On 2008-05-04 23:52, SonicTMP wrote:

After MAG we should get "Seal of the Dark God" which will got hru the hives as a normal mission to go fight DF. How a hive has a massive water raft system... we'll never know.

But yeah DF will become a normal boss with a lobby afterwards.. hmmmm

Seal of the Dark God won't have drop rate boosts though. I'm spamming B-rank to get Paradi, since it also drops [B] Rabol Cuesta even though A-rank armor is doubly useless now that Shinowa Line boards are cheaper than dirt AND there's an S-rank unit I badly need.

Why a water raft? Dude. Carriguines LOVE toobin'