PDA

View Full Version : One thing i hate about Makeover shop.

darkante
May 5, 2008, 09:23 AM
100 000 to change face? Jesus, hopefully we get the free makeover soon that last 2 weeks at least. I cant stand having the same colour or clothes (and all) more then maybe 3 days top.
So why i switch often and it gets a little prizey.

But 100 000 to change face? Omg, its so much i have to repeat myself. Me who likes to change alot of time and rarely have money.
But i restrain from face changing until extreme boredom of character appearance because otherwise it will be too expensive for me.

What do you think?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-05-06 11:38 ]</font>

Kerry157
May 5, 2008, 09:55 AM
I don't like that you can change your face at all. It should cost one million.

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 10:00 AM
Lol, money is too easy to come by now anyway so whatevs. The thing I hate is when picking some of the head stuff, I want to be able to pan back and see how it looks on the entire body. It would help when matching certain colors but it only allows you to do a closeup. So basically I have to guess the color then run into the light outside of the counter and see if they clash. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

panzer_unit
May 5, 2008, 10:08 AM
I often want to switch between human and robot faces on my CAST. The price is annoying.

stukasa
May 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
Changing your face is a pretty big alteration. I think they made it that expensive so people won't make their character look completely different every day, yet it's still affordable enough if you really want to do it. 100K seems like a lot but it's really not that much. I get over 80K per MAG S run, so...

Voison
May 5, 2008, 10:21 AM
Iv had my looks for months now.

Beside my Cloths.

Rust
May 5, 2008, 10:30 AM
I only used the face makeover option once AoI did came out to reshape a bit some of my characters faces (especially my beast i created so quick at the beginning of the game that i didn't even noticed i could change face and eyes shapes http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) along with the new features the expansion did provide in the makeover shop.
That said, i don't like to keep the same appearance too long either, but i stick to changing clothes and hairstyles (helmet and parts for my CAST) only. Changing absolutely everything from face, eye and hair colour to height and weight would make my characters too unpersonal to me ; i need them to have some recognizable traits across the time to really feel them like my characters and not random video game avatars.

Ithildin
May 5, 2008, 10:37 AM
What is this National Poll day!?!!? I think this is at least the fourth poll I have posted in today. And I don't use the makeover shop that often so no I don't think it's too pricey.

redcell
May 5, 2008, 10:38 AM
I only use the face makeover for my CAST and CASEAL whenever I change their class type. And even then they have set faces I use all the time =)

Still, I can see how it would really add up for those who like to change things very frequently.

Tink
May 5, 2008, 10:40 AM
My only complaint is not being able to zoom out far enough, pi. :>

Most of the time you don't view people up close like that except for yourself. So I would like to see how people view me instead. Prices are fine. I agree that the 100k face makeover may scare off some new people. I was like that with my first character and frantically tried to make 100k. :>

darkante
May 5, 2008, 11:24 AM
On 2008-05-05 08:38, redcell wrote:
I only use the face makeover for my CAST and CASEAL whenever I change their class type. And even then they have set faces I use all the time =)

Still, I can see how it would really add up for those who like to change things very frequently.

Well, itīs the caseal i feel mostly to change often on.

*general speaking*
But man, people that says it cheap to change face?
Cīmon would you say itīs cheap if you changed look after like every 3 run?
I sure as hell wouldnīt.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-05-05 09:26 ]</font>

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 11:29 AM
On 2008-05-05 09:24, darkante wrote:
But man, people that says it cheap to change face?
Cīmon would you say itīs cheap if you changed look after like every 3 run?
I sure as hell wouldnīt.

Why are you changing your face after every 3 runs? Are you worried that the Boomas you just capped might send their crew after you and bust some pay-back on yo ass? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_ak.gif

GuardianElite
May 5, 2008, 11:47 AM
100k is nothing don't know why you so worked up..

shook
May 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
I think it should be more expensive.

Atomic646
May 5, 2008, 12:05 PM
yeah 100k is alot

Zorafim
May 5, 2008, 12:32 PM
100k is hardly worth anything. I can do that ten times before I notice a dent.

Anyway, I think it should be that expensive. Your face should be your defining feature. You shouldn't have to mess around with it. The feature is just there for people who have decided they either grew out of their first face, or they made a mistake when first creating their character.

I agree that it's kinda annoying having to spend so much to put a helmet on. I think there should be a minimal fee to change from fleshy to metaly, but the current fee to change which face or helmet you have.

Sha Sha
May 5, 2008, 01:11 PM
i rarely change clothes on my main He wore his main outfit from the day i logged in till the first day of MAG where I bought the FOmar set. My alts have been changed many times Specifically Roxel cuz well I just cant find a good outfit that matches her

Amalga
May 5, 2008, 01:42 PM
What is annoying is that you have to have the required amount of money to even try anything on. It'd be nice to at least see how it's going to look before you go out and try to earn that 100k (provided you don't already have it).

You don't have to do that in Clothes/Parts shops.

Kylie
May 5, 2008, 01:46 PM
I'd be okay with not having this option. I mean, it doesn't really bother me that we have it, but some things on characters should be final and never change. I think ST had the same idea and made this cost a lot.

SonicTMP
May 5, 2008, 02:05 PM
Plastic surgery is expensive no matter where it takes place >.>

Seriously my only complaint is the hair options. 40 som hair styles and only 6-8 of the hats/etc per style. You can't even get certian colors unless you have a certian style.

BFGfreak
May 5, 2008, 02:23 PM
My big complaint is that there is no option for proportions (which if they do come out with, it should cost 1 mil minimum) that, and no option for changing your charecter's body suit http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif which should be cheap

Spacepest
May 5, 2008, 02:24 PM
The price of face changing is nothing once you make it to A rank missions.

My big complaint about the face changing option is I don't like how limited the options are for the females--they maybe have a total of five faces, while the males have like 20. Yeah, I know females don't need beards and mustaches, but I really wish there were facial options to create older looking females in the game than what we have now. I want to be able to create an old lady character, just like the males can create older men via the face selections--not everyone wants their female character to have a Loli-face.

I also think we should have one more option available, a more expensive option--body adjustment, in which we pay alot more money to change our characters height and weight proportions.

And hair options--yeesh, is it too much to ask that the hat and eyeglasses not be tied to certain hair styles only?

redcell
May 5, 2008, 02:30 PM
I agree, I wish the females had a bit more customization options for faces. Though I doubt I'd use it, an older woman face would be a nice addition for those who want to use it.

It also frustrates me that we're not able to customize the colors of head accessories to our liking.

Rust
May 5, 2008, 02:44 PM
On 2008-05-05 12:24, Spacepest wrote:
Yeah, I know females don't need beards and mustaches

Why not ? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

darkante
May 5, 2008, 02:49 PM
Yes people. You could put reason on why it should be expensive, but itīs not like i give 100 000 to get a uber weapon this cheap or anything...weapons are overkill regardless of grind and %.
Itīs just fricking appearance and if i am unhappy with the new face change..well then i just have to waste even more 100 000... >.>
Alter one little face thing...boom 100 000 gone!
That is what ticks me off.

HUnewearl_Meira
May 5, 2008, 03:33 PM
On 2008-05-05 07:23, darkante wrote:
What do you think?

With how much reckless abandon do you typically arrange appointments with plastic surgeons to re-arrange your face?

darkante
May 5, 2008, 10:37 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:33, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:

On 2008-05-05 07:23, darkante wrote:
What do you think?

With how much reckless abandon do you typically arrange appointments with plastic surgeons to re-arrange your face?

Gamewis alot. Itīs a fricking game.

Real life, pointless. Iīm not that sad. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

VetroDrago
May 5, 2008, 10:56 PM
This thread is a waste, especially with all of the reactions I've seen. Paying any amount to change your appearance is unnecessary. I've never changed my face, but 100k is something I lol at everytime I see the option.

bertha
May 5, 2008, 11:19 PM
This is nothing if this makes even a dent in you're total meseta you should be lit ablaze!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: bertha on 2008-05-05 21:20 ]</font>

DoubleJG
May 5, 2008, 11:24 PM
All I really change are clothes from time to time (maybe once every 2-5 weeks).

darkante
May 6, 2008, 05:26 AM
On 2008-05-05 20:56, ryunokunshu wrote:
This thread is a waste, especially with all of the reactions I've seen. Paying any amount to change your appearance is unnecessary. I've never changed my face, but 100k is something I lol at everytime I see the option.

Might be a waste but i just wanted to let it somewhere.
And yes, itīs ridicolous to even be charged to change appearance. Clothes is one thing but...argh. >.>
And i also like to lol at the prize. D:

soolayah
May 6, 2008, 09:37 AM
I don't think it's too expensive - your face isn't something that should be more affordable to change than your clothes. I like the idea of chars having some defining features that can't be changed into a complete opposite on a whim.
Since the option came out I've only used it for lulz; changing into a fleshie face on my caseal and back after a few days, maybe 3 times total. On my other 3 chars I've never used it at all. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Tink
May 6, 2008, 10:04 AM
Why would I want to change this beautiful face, pi? :>

AlMcFly
May 6, 2008, 10:23 AM
Changing the face is a great option in my opinion. I left for an entire year and when I came back I found that all my stuff was still intact. What I do in my characters is I model them as close to my own real world features as possible. What I did notice when I came back, is that when I played previously, I created the faces for my boys a little too young. Their eyes were too wide open, they had too much of a gitty look, and their jaw was roundish and pointy (which is not at all what mine looks like). I altered them all to have more of a normal serious expression, my square jaw, and smaller slightly squinting eyes (even though I'm a whitey, I have deep-set eyes that are often SLIGHTLY squinting as if it were sunny everywhere I go). I'm definitely happy that I was able to correct the mistake I made before ;P.

Wheatpenny
May 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
Actualy I am kinda sore that females don't get cowboy hats.

chaostroop3
May 6, 2008, 12:09 PM
well they need top qulity plastic to change your face

Jainsea
May 6, 2008, 01:12 PM
On 2008-05-06 09:08, Wheatpenny wrote:
Actualy I am kinda sore that females don't get cowboy hats.

Yea me too http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I thought the casnio outfit was gonna
come with it, thats the only reason I got one ><
and I have no problem with the 100k charge because I
havent changed my mains look and or clothes really since lvl 60 and iirc she's lvl 118 atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (my sigs outdated http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif )