PDA

View Full Version : know your enemy (cheaters)

kien_reluctant_hero
Mar 1, 2001, 04:36 AM
id like to clear up a few misconceptions...

it seems whenever we run up against the unknown, we slander it with propaganda. for example, aids was once called "the homosexual disease", because it was believed it was only transmitted through homosexual sex. after researching it, it was revealed to be transmitted through more than that way. my point? everyone seems to 'know what cheats are out there' but few have actually went out and seen what they truely are.

example, a post appearing in this forum:
"Then he says meet me in the mines. We take a TP down and this guy is showing off all of his cool, unearned, gameshark goods. Frying Pans, Delsaber's Busters, Scythe's etc. At this point we were laughing at the guy."
ive personally seen the codes and what at the gamesoftware code creators club. a code to create these items, a "item modifier" isnt among them. so you see, the person who posted this story has no real knowledge of what cheats are available. but he goes ahead and calls him a cheater for possessing these items. am i saying that the person wasnt a cheater? no, he probably was. but if you want to judge weither or not a person is a cheater you should know what to look for.

being a level 100 character myself, i always run into people who instantly assume i use a cheat device. all i can do is remind them that they will one day reach 100 as well they thus will also be a 'cheater'. but as a side note, one of the codes available is a experience modifier, that enables the user to jump to say, level 73 and not 100. 73 not being a suspicious level. so level is not a true indication of a cheater.
im going to finish this here, but id like to address one last problem that will no doubt arise as a reply.
'he looked up codes, he must be a cheater'. yes i did look them up. i call it research. i recommend you do the same if you want to know what a cheater is capable of.
do i own a gameshark? in fact i do. why? i bought a import dreamcast before the american release. im an avid gamer, and couldnt wait. when the u.s. dreamcast came out i faced a dilema. do i buy another dreamcast or do wait until the cdx comes out for 50 bucks and use that to play american games on my system. lets see, hard choice.
do i, or did i ever, use codes on pso? of course there was the temptation. it hit hardest after 3 days of nonstop online play and i had rings under my eyes. but my character im proud to say, is 100% homegrown.
but as the castelvania sotn game says when you play it on a cd player, "..but your probably not going to believe me anyways, are you."