PDA

View Full Version : What Type of Mission Runner Are You?

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 11:44 AM
I'm in kind of a "poll" mood today.

Personally I'm the kind of player that does back to back runs for 6 hours straight without break. The only time you will see me in a lobby is when we are replacing a party member that just left. I absolutely HATE downtime between runs. What about you?

Anduril
May 5, 2008, 11:46 AM
Unless I'm in a party I usually dwadle in the lobby for a few minutes before going back to a mission.

Mwabwetumba
May 5, 2008, 11:46 AM
I take breaks alot these days. I just can't seem to keep my focus on PSU for any extended period of time.

Which makes me slightly sad, really. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

joefro
May 5, 2008, 11:47 AM
I try as hard as I can to avoid spam. For the most part I just run out of the counter to the woman and buy stuff then back in the counter, and so forth.

beatrixkiddo
May 5, 2008, 11:49 AM
I do nothing but dance during events because I'm busy working 9+ hour days on the weekends and/or sleeping :3

Da_Wrecka
May 5, 2008, 11:58 AM
I sit offline seething over Sega's incompetence and being 065'd.

Atomic646
May 5, 2008, 12:00 PM
"I do nothing but dance during events (beatrix). ;p" Thats Me http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif only vote.

Kylie
May 5, 2008, 12:08 PM
You know what, I'm from the South, and we like to stop and smell the roses. I really don't mind taking breaks (length depending on what I want to get done). However, I don't like being in the lobby in universe 02 during events and around hot spots, so I might not take lobby breaks depending on where I am as well.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-05-05 10:09 ]</font>

Rust
May 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
I'm the exact opposite of you (McFly), i spend most of my time doing random crap in the lobbies rather than running missions. Proof is, i subscribed on 1st January, 2007, my highest char is lvl 54 right now ; the one i played the most with is lvl 50 and got almost 500 hours on it, barely afk'd. Not so long ago, we were about to do a mission with my friends and ended up talking about random crap for like three hours at the mission counter, and finally we all left to sleep without doing the mission as it was 5am. Wanted to take some advantage of MAG to lvl a bit by joining in from times to times, but error65 is in the place.
Also, there are two reasons to that. The first is i can't run the mission twice in a row or i get totally bored and quit playing for the day (not only PSU, every game where you spam the same thing repeatedly bores me as a hell). The second, connected to boredom again, is that on every game i play, i somehow can't get past the halfway to lvl cap. After having reached such levels, i always feel incredibly bored and want to reroll another character ; mostly because i have the feeling when i'm a low level i still have plenty of things to do and discover while i'm afraid of having nothing to do but spamming the same stupid thing endlessly once i would reach endgame. Hence, i'm leveling as slow as possible to avoid rerolling, which i don't really want to, though the mid-levels feeling i described right above is much stronger than the one telling me not to reroll.

stukasa
May 5, 2008, 12:13 PM
I work during the day so I only play at night, but I'm a pretty casual player. I'll do maybe two or three runs, then call it quits. On the weekends I usually do 2-3 runs in the morning and then 2-3 more at night. I don't want to get sick of this game too quickly! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Andy1423
May 5, 2008, 12:26 PM
As soon as the mission ends, I get back to the lobby and go directly back in. These like 4 charge cubes, the only time I stop for a hot minuet is to deliver stuff to my in-box and re-stock in megi stride.

Zorafim
May 5, 2008, 12:28 PM
I run until I stop having fun, then I stop.

Jakosifer
May 5, 2008, 12:54 PM
I do one run everytime I renew. Don't know what category that would fall under.

Sha Sha
May 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
i normally try to get back into unless of course work, chores parents, ect
or if i need to go empty my inventory and switch weps or classes based on what our group needs at the moment.

DarkEliteRico
May 5, 2008, 01:07 PM
I catch myself falling asleep during missions more often, even in the afternoon....i usually take a quick break after doing multiple runs when my inventory is full or nearly full

unicorn
May 5, 2008, 01:17 PM
I have a life this time around, so I cant really do missions.

By the time I find a party, I have to go soon.

So I'm just better off chatting in lobbies.

Thanks.

Amalga
May 5, 2008, 01:44 PM
I can't do back-to-back runs. The game is far too slow-paced (not that I'm complaining about that) for me to run missions over and over. I may do two or three back-to-back, but that's it. I level up slowly, but I don't burn out over it.

Ryosuke_Kura
May 5, 2008, 02:08 PM
Up until about a month ago, I just ran missions without to much downtime in between them.

Now though, my friends and me will just chat after doing a few runs.
It definitely makes the game more enjoyable than constant runs for me atleast.

Noblewine
May 5, 2008, 02:29 PM
I chat will in mission or either try to get the mission done not at a specific time. I'm not picky. I don't really chat in the lobby as much but if I'm with a buddy I usually sit for at least 5 mins.

Ken_Silver
May 5, 2008, 02:46 PM
When I play, I am online to smash things http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But I do take breaks when the inventory is full... to eat, unload my goods and then play some more.

But when I am in a party, with people I know or don't know, I end up just doing whatever the party does. But I'll admit: I'm not a fan of talking to people in game for extended periods of time (exact time: more than 30 to 45 minutes.)

Snoochies
May 5, 2008, 02:52 PM
If I'm in a party with some relatively cool people I'll run. But if they are little kids or obnoxious I'll just log off and play COD4 or GTA4

darkante
May 5, 2008, 02:56 PM
Depends a little. Unless i really really good gaming mood, i take breaks between every 2 run.
Otherwise i would go insane even do i love this game.

Darius_Drake
May 5, 2008, 02:56 PM
I do missions back to back. When we finish a mission I rush to the cube, get a quick recharge, move onto the girl and refill my supplies and sell extras. Finally I deliver any super cool stuff I find to my room and jump back in for the next mission. I am to the point I can get this done in about 90 seconds tops. I don't call anybody a noob though. It don't feel to good. My main character may be at 130, but one of my alts is at 67 and people treat you like trash when you are walking around at that level. I wouldn't do that to anybody else.

ljkkjlcm9
May 5, 2008, 02:58 PM
In the beginning, I ran until my inventory was full, and sometimes when something new was released. Towards the end of my PSU playing days... I sat in the lobby and chatted. In fact all my friends did. We'd do maybe 1 or 2 runs, then get bored and just chat for an hour. Now none of us are playing anymore.

THE JACKEL

SStrikerR
May 5, 2008, 02:59 PM
Depending on the mission I'll do the mission 2-5 times in a row, restock, bank items, and then fool around if I feel I'm still not ready to run the misison some more.

Kinako78
May 5, 2008, 03:00 PM
I break when my inventory's full.

Kelvie
May 5, 2008, 03:05 PM
Lobby chat FTW!

Alizarin
May 5, 2008, 03:24 PM
Idle dancing and wait until a friend wants me to join a run with them. At least, for the time being.

furrypaws
May 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
If I'm soloing, then I normally only take breaks to return to my room. If I'm playing with good friends (who most of which have logged off permanantly =( ), then we normally talk a lot while running, and then we eventually stop in the mission and talk for a while, then we realize we're wasting time and keep going. Honestly though, I'd much rather be taking time with my missions than burning through them, since all I'm going to have to remember when Sega shuts down these servers 5-6 years from now are the memories I had by myself or with friends.

I do like to be semi productive though.

VetroDrago
May 5, 2008, 10:45 PM
I vary. I usually don't like doing back-to-back runs unless I really need to or if I'm with a friend. I've been soloing lately. I mainly like to chill in my room with others. I invite everyone to visit my room!

pikachief
May 5, 2008, 10:55 PM
On 2008-05-05 10:28, Zorafim wrote:
I run until I stop having fun, then I stop.

wow if i was liek u i wouldnt play this game O.o

Zarode
May 5, 2008, 11:04 PM
If I'm logged on, I'm ready to play. If I need a short break, I'll take one, but if it's going to be longer then an hour, I log off. Gotta preserve my little box o'fire :>

Plus I solo a lot ;> Screw people I have money~

Ashkahn
May 6, 2008, 01:19 AM
I'm one of the break people. What's the big rush? Grab a snack, stretch a bit, pet the cat. The game will still be there when I get back.

DavidNel
May 6, 2008, 04:30 AM
I enjoy my retinas... I can't play more than 1 run at a time! Actually, it's really hard for me to even finnish one run... 20-30 mins is just too much time on any day but the weekends...

Lighthero
May 6, 2008, 04:46 AM
Back to back runs for hours! Lobbies are for nubs.

I'm only in the lobby when people leave and need to make a new party. For the rest of the time, I'm just doing the runs for hours.

LaughingMan
May 6, 2008, 05:06 AM
Lately I've been swamped with crap so I find my self making my self finish a run before I leave the party. Also the only time I can play is from midnight on so I really only get one good day of play when I pull all nighters. So I usually do a run or two then break for a bit.

soolayah
May 6, 2008, 09:41 AM
I usually run back to back runs for hours, but they're pretty laid back with lots of chatting and occasional afkness. xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soolayah on 2008-05-06 07:46 ]</font>

AlMcFly
May 6, 2008, 09:57 AM
On 2008-05-05 23:19, Ashkahn wrote:
I'm one of the break people. What's the big rush? Grab a snack, stretch a bit, pet the cat. The game will still be there when I get back.

Lol. For some of us, "when we get back", may be the next night or a week from then. On weeknights I get to play for maybe an hour. If I were to break for 5+ minutes after every run, that could add up to 1 or 2 less runs I will do that night. Now you could say so what, it's not like the game is going anywhere. You're right, the game isn't going anywhere but MAG is. Don't even get me started on those of us that have finals in the next week or so. ;P

chaostroop3
May 6, 2008, 12:11 PM
if i wana i will stay in lobby.....buuuutttttttttt i dont XD