PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Beat 9:20 Time

LuigiMario
May 5, 2008, 03:29 PM
How did they get the record time of 8-9mins on an S run? What did they do? What did they not do?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LuigiMario on 2008-05-05 13:36 ]</font>

HUnewearl_Meira
May 5, 2008, 03:38 PM
I couldn't tell you any specific strategies, but I'd suggest that the key is to skip all unnecessary objectives. Remember that you're not going for S-rank, so the number of enemies you defeat is irrelevant. Skip the hidden room in Forest. Disregard the extra room in Caves that requires a minimum of 2 party members to get to. Don't go after the extra Weapons badges in Mines. Go straight for the switch to end the mission in that last room, without any hesitation.

There may be some other things you can do, but I suppose that beyond this, it all comes down to eliminating enemies with as much haste as possible.

drizzle
May 5, 2008, 03:43 PM
Hax

Sasamichan
May 5, 2008, 03:45 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:38, HUnewearl_Meira wrote:
I couldn't tell you any specific strategies, but I'd suggest that the key is to skip all unnecessary objectives. Remember that you're not going for S-rank, so the number of enemies you defeat is irrelevant. Skip the hidden room in Forest. Disregard the extra room in Caves that requires a minimum of 2 party members to get to. Don't go after the extra Weapons badges in Mines. Go straight for the switch to end the mission in that last room, without any hesitation.

There may be some other things you can do, but I suppose that beyond this, it all comes down to eliminating enemies with as much haste as possible.

Don't forget you can skip the 3 boomas in front of the gate where Ash is.

pikachief
May 5, 2008, 03:46 PM
2 fighgunners

2 Protransers.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 5, 2008, 03:51 PM
From what meira just said....it actaully does take big time off it.

When i was on my 130 Beast FF. on average we beat it in 25 mins but that includes gettin all the badges n killing everything that moves....

Like for example.... the hidden part in forest can take bout 2-4 mins.....so if you that out....thats 21 mins left....caves....if you dont do the where the badges.....another 3-5 minutes...... so we are done to 15 minutes mines....yea thats a few seconds but still counts....and you just ruin through mines you can actaully make within 9-10 mins....if you actaully strategize........

i would think possible X2 Fortefighters 1 Protranser and a 1 Fortetecher.....there can be others but thats sort of a basic one.....

I'm on the 360 so idk where the fastest time we have....so idk but it wouldnt mattr wat server tho

Dark Emerald EXE
May 5, 2008, 03:53 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:46, pikachief wrote:
2 fighgunners

2 Protransers.

That also works ^_^

Syl
May 5, 2008, 03:55 PM
If you're surprised by that OP, you wouldn't believe your eyes if you saw that the JP players got it down to a bit over 5 minutes. Now that's baffling.

Starrz
May 5, 2008, 03:58 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:55, SylviaEspada wrote:
If you're surprised by that OP, you wouldn't believe your eyes if you saw that the JP players got it down to a bit over 5 minutes. Now that's baffling.

It's been said many times already. The JP times were including Paradi Cataract, lv 125 enemies, and an unnerfed Chikki.

pikachief
May 5, 2008, 03:59 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:58, Starrz wrote:

It's been said many times already. The JP times were including Paradi Cataract, lv 125 enemies, and an unnerfed Chikki.

lvl 125? seriously? why'd they increase our level of monsters?

Dark Emerald EXE
May 5, 2008, 03:59 PM

lol at first i thought u said "player" i didnt see the s i was scared for a minute.....

Was the enemies the same range as ours????
Same level caps??? Job Caps???
If so.... im really curious how they did that...

Sasamichan
May 5, 2008, 04:03 PM
On 2008-05-05 13:59, pikachief wrote:

I think cause they had a lower level cap when they had their MAG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-05-05 14:04 ]</font>

pikachief
May 5, 2008, 04:04 PM
On 2008-05-05 14:03, Sasamichan wrote:

On 2008-05-05 13:59, pikachief wrote:

I think cause we had a lower level cap when they had their MAG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-05-05 14:03 ]</font>

then 2 weeks through MAG< when they had their 12* SUV, their lvl cap went up to lvl 130 lol

panzer_unit
May 5, 2008, 04:20 PM
Maxed shotgun skills. Even a Protranser can wreck small enemies in one shot, and do ridiculous damage to Carriguines since they're not bullet resistant. By standing back a bit they can rack up the same damage across a crowd while holding monsters still for Fighters to stomp.

On the fighting side, I think rank 20 FF's should be strong enough to kill mobs within a single PA...
skip start-up JA's if the extra damage isn't enough to shorten the combo you're using.
look at moves that don't have short wind-ups or pauses just to squeak out kills a little faster. It probably makes a difference in the long run.
pack a good sword and tornado break, it might wipe out a whole pack of mobs if your team was hitting them with some AOE before you got there.

AlMcFly
May 5, 2008, 04:32 PM
FF's spam Majarra without using the final PA swing. Keep the enemies packed together with traps.

Dark Emerald EXE
May 5, 2008, 04:35 PM
On 2008-05-05 14:20, panzer_unit wrote:
Maxed shotgun skills. Even a Protranser can wreck small enemies in one shot, and do ridiculous damage to Carriguines since they're not bullet resistant. By standing back a bit they can rack up the same damage across a crowd while holding monsters still for Fighters to stomp.

On the fighting side, I think rank 20 FF's should be strong enough to kill mobs within a single PA...
skip start-up JA's if the extra damage isn't enough to shorten the combo you're using.
look at moves that don't have short wind-ups or pauses just to squeak out kills a little faster. It probably makes a difference in the long run.
pack a good sword and tornado break, it might wipe out a whole pack of mobs if your team was hitting them with some AOE before you got there.

that is true.....my tornado break is fairly low but i use spinning break lvl 37 on my FF so you know i use that alot ^_^..... If i do Mus Majarra on a mob of 6 most of the time(depending if i do critical)3-4 will be dead b4 the 2nd part is done. then the remaining die from the last part

I'm referring to MAG. I havent been any other mission on my FF except MAG...i should go 2 true darkness and try that out....

I'm working on my Fortegunner now tho

Dragwind
May 5, 2008, 04:36 PM
CAST and Beast fF's with chikki and majarra.

X--Hero--X
May 5, 2008, 04:45 PM
At first i thought a party of TECHER's with 31+ techs just killing everything from the distance... they look so cool!

MONSTER: hey what are you looking at!?
TECHER: SPLASH ATTACK!!!
MONSTER: ... ... ... (he's dead!)

chaostroop3
May 5, 2008, 06:28 PM
1 fortefighter 50% weps ect

and 3 fortechers with 40 nosdiga and razonde >.>

i can beat the entire misson easy but the caves and and secret rooms slow me down alot >.>