PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: GM support postponed, possible billing fix

GodOfFate
May 5, 2008, 06:13 PM
Just about 2 mins ago the GM support team said they will not have the sega support beacause they are going to be working on previous issues probably means the (Billing Server thing error 065) i think by tomorrow they will have it fixed

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-05-05 18:08 ]</font>

Wiz
May 5, 2008, 06:20 PM
On 2008-05-05 16:13, GodOfFate wrote:
Just about 2 mins ago the GM support team said they will not have the sega support beacause they are going to be working on previous issues probably means the (Billing Server thing error 065) i think by tomorrow they will have it fixed

Are you assuming that's what he meant, or do you know for a fact?
There was another guy who said that SEGA told him that they were going to take the billing site down over the weekend, and that the problem would then be fixed today.
That was a lie. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

Ryna
May 5, 2008, 06:23 PM
Read and interpret it for yourself:
http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/issues.jpg

Sasamichan
May 5, 2008, 06:25 PM
On 2008-05-05 16:23, Ryna wrote:
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/issues.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I interpret it as bad grammar.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-05-05 16:26 ]</font>

Wiz
May 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/issues.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Wow, it's about time. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

I hope they finally have it fixed tomorrow. Thanks! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Does this mean there's a possibility that the problem might be fixed tonight? Yeah, I know, I shouldn't get my hopes up. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Wiz on 2008-05-05 16:32 ]</font>

GodOfFate
May 5, 2008, 06:26 PM
their you go ryna thats is =) lol but yeh they mite have it working again by tomorrow they better lol

GodOfFate
May 5, 2008, 06:28 PM
yep no prob bro btw my characters are lv130 human ff20 and a lv72beast fg12

Kylie
May 5, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hopefully this is what they mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

EPAPHRODITUS
May 5, 2008, 07:14 PM
I wrote an e-mail to SEGA Customer Service over the weekend; I got a reply today. They're apparently listening; let's see if they act.

Ken_Silver
May 5, 2008, 07:20 PM
There maybe hope. Fellow 065'ers, go to bed with Sega in your prayers.

Pray that something might be done.

Neith
May 5, 2008, 07:48 PM
Think about it, naysayers. What other 'issues' have there been? Moreover, what has been the main upset of MAG? Error 65 and the Playsega account scenario.

I saw that message scroll earlier- if anything it's a sign of hope for the people who are locked out of the game currently.

SHAWAKALA
May 5, 2008, 07:53 PM
i'm just telling you a newsflash.the GMs have nothing to do with the billing site.infact they only know how to play the game and operate the forums. only people on the billing site have anything to do with it.and you never hear from them.sorry to break it to ya but if its fixed tomorrow it would only be a coincedence.

Powder Keg
May 5, 2008, 08:00 PM
The GM event has been

POSTPWNED

SonicTMP
May 5, 2008, 08:05 PM
On 2008-05-05 16:25, Sasamichan wrote:

Because perfect grammer counts over the internet.

Jife_Jifremok
May 5, 2008, 08:15 PM
On 2008-05-05 18:05, SonicTMP wrote:

And a semicolon at that!

Gothica
May 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hopefully they fix this soon. If not I'll be joining the ranks of 065. --; And I've yet to get my paws on Twin DB Sabers.

McLaughlin
May 5, 2008, 08:40 PM
On 2008-05-05 18:15, Jife_Jifremok wrote:

And a semicolon at that!

As well as the missing apostrophe on "Tonights."

My question is: what do GMs have to do with the billing site? >_>

Jife_Jifremok
May 5, 2008, 08:44 PM
On 2008-05-05 18:40, Obsidian_Knight wrote:
As well as the missing apostrophe on "Tonights."

Oh, I forgot about that apostrophe. As the GMs and billing site, I'm going to guess that the GMs fill multiple roles so Sega doesn't have to pay too many checks...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jife_Jifremok on 2008-05-05 18:45 ]</font>

SStrikerR
May 5, 2008, 08:47 PM
They will be WORKING ON issues, that does NOT mean they'll be fixed tonight. I would say that friday would be the earliest they fix it by.

Sasamichan
May 5, 2008, 09:08 PM

Grammar.

Garnet_Moon
May 5, 2008, 09:47 PM
Today is Cinco de Mayo. Everything is postponed so they can get drunk.

You really think they postponed it on a day like this, to actually... work? Haha, hell no. Tonight they party with the money from the people who can't cancel an account, or log on to use the service.

Follisimo
May 5, 2008, 09:50 PM
It's probably the GMs just gonna be fixing the problem people have with ruins.

This post by Chill makes me think it.

We are still trying to reproduce this bug, please PM me or Ruby Eclipse if anyone has a way to reproduce this on PC/PS2 or Xbox 360.

-Chill

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Follisimo on 2008-05-05 19:57 ]</font>

Sinue_v2
May 5, 2008, 10:03 PM
AFAIK, the GM's have nothing to do with the billing server. They couldn't work on it if they wanted to.

Follisimo
May 5, 2008, 10:07 PM
Well here is more proof that it won't likely be the billing server.......

Yeah sorry about tonights session, we have been catching up on a number of other issues tonight including the billing issue.

Speaking of which there is still no news to report, as I have said earlier all the GMs can do is work with our Billing Customer Support staff to keep SEGA management informed of the continuing problem, and keep adding to our list of affected users for reactivation and compensation.

-ChillAura

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Follisimo on 2008-05-05 20:07 ]</font>

JaiBlue
May 5, 2008, 10:53 PM
http://error65.ytmnd.com/

Don't act like this wasn't comming. >_>

McLaughlin
May 5, 2008, 11:00 PM
You know, if you don't kill the Deljaban before you open the gate, the mission proceeds as normal. Only happened to me once, but I just waiting until my party opened the gate and we were fine.

Indica
May 5, 2008, 11:11 PM
I find this really pathetic in general. How under-staffed is Sega really?

This is the ugly truth about Corporate America and our government. Let's all ignore the major problems until the very last moment while feeding the people bullshit to cover it all up.

DoubleJG
May 6, 2008, 12:26 AM

[spoiler-box]http://www.pso-world.com/images/rynaspicturestash/issues.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-05-05 16:26 ]</font>

lol, agreed.

Hydra632
May 6, 2008, 12:41 AM
My account was actually fixed today, although I didn't put it into pending cancel, and just left it untouched.

DreXxiN
May 6, 2008, 01:33 AM
Gamer-Bot informed me that the very LEAST the 065 victims will receive is a free month. They are currently contemplating other forms of in-game compensation.

Leah
May 6, 2008, 02:32 AM
On 2008-05-05 23:33, DreXxiN wrote:
Gamer-Bot informed me that the very LEAST the 065 victims will receive is a free month. They are currently contemplating other forms of in-game compensation.

even though it's just the start, i can't help but laugh at this as compensation. who would want a free month after being forced out of arguably the most anticipated and important psu event to date.. and probably in its entire lifespan?

i know psu has its own fanbase, but a lot of pso vets and event subscribers won't be coming back after this. partly because it was the pso event they'd been waiting for, and partly because the billing team completely fucking ruined it for the pc/ps2 servers.

this has been a priceless fuckup of disastrous proportions for our server. thank god the servers are split for this reason alone. if live wasn't handling xbox 360 psu subscriptions right now, i'm afraid there wouldn't be much of a userbase left.

Indica
May 6, 2008, 03:15 AM

Sega didnt compensate us when the authentication server crashed for 3 days and we lost chance for Love Inferno Cannon.

Lloyd_Waver
May 6, 2008, 03:49 AM
Financially speaking, only giving the 065 victims a free month will upset the others. Sure they could've played MAG, but there will be complaining, since it's not only about fun, but also about money here.

How are they supposed to 'find' all the 065 victims anyway?

F-Gattaca
May 6, 2008, 04:10 AM
On 2008-05-06 01:15, Indica wrote:

Sega didnt compensate us when the authentication server crashed for 3 days and we lost chance for Love Inferno Cannon.

This ... is a bit more dire than that.

But yeah, any kind of compensation the GMs will try is going to upset the rest of the player base. Kind of like how a lot of us here were mildly annoyed (or just were envious) that we didn't get four extra character slots like the Japanese PC/PS2 players did when their major server groups merged.

The GMs could extend MAG for PC/PS2, but the 360 users would raise hell about it (and yet I think this is probably one of the only fitting solutions) since they would be powerless to defend their rankings.

They could extend MAG for all of us, but that would only put 360 players far ahead of the PC/PS2 players who already lost time in trying to rank--and complaints would come as a result.

They could give Spread Needle/Gs and certain MAG-unique rares to the 065 victims but it would be unfair to (and would very much upset) the people who spent their time chasing after a ranking on the top 500.

They could split the 360 and PC/PS2 servers into separate rankings for the purpose of Spread Needle/Gs, and then extend MAG for PC/PS2, but I get the feeling such a solution would be beyond the ken of the SoA GMs to implement.

The most likely scenario is that the GMs will compensate the 065 victims but it might not be a satisfactory way to make up for lost time.

Cathbar
May 6, 2008, 02:38 PM
Any fair solution will be far to complicated to impliment. In the end somebody is going to be upset about the results, whether it's the victems, the non-victems, or everyone.

Neith
May 6, 2008, 02:57 PM
On 2008-05-05 18:40, Obsidian_Knight wrote:

Nothing really, they seem to just relay information between Sega and the community. However, on the official site, Chill did say this:

Yeah sorry about tonights session, we have been catching up on a number of other issues tonight including the billing issue.

So yeah, the GM's aren't the ones fixing the issue, but they are necessary in information regarding it, and that's why the message scrolled yesterday.

As for the month free, it'd be nice to see when that was said (I'm never online when the GM's are, generally), and it's at least a start in compensation. As F-Gattaca said though, don't expect extensions to MAG, or MAG specific rewards.

Shou
May 6, 2008, 03:06 PM
The free month might help us keep our population up for a little while at least because its free http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

desturel
May 6, 2008, 03:34 PM
On 2008-05-06 02:10, F-Gattaca wrote:
The GMs could extend MAG for PC/PS2, but the 360 users would raise hell about it (and yet I think this is probably one of the only fitting solutions) since they would be powerless to defend their rankings.

It would be fitting with everyone on the PC/PS2 side was locked out, but not everyone is. If the people who are not getting locked out get a week extension along with the people who are locked out, that would be just as unfair to the people who worked hard to get to the leader board, only to lose it in the week they couldn't play.

For example, if Starslicer passes Tidus because he gets an extra week to spam C runs. That would be annoying to Tidus for not getting first, but he would still get a Spread Needle. However, Zamar Keoshi (currently 499) gets knocked off of the boards entirely by someone who didn't get 065'd, but didn't really play hard enough to make it to the leader boards, then suddenly gets an extra week to continue with their runs so they wind up bumping him off the list. Would that be fair?

Sure he wouldn't have been on the list in the first place since there would have been more PC players, but the other person who bumped them off shouldn't have been on the list either.

GodOfFate
May 6, 2008, 03:38 PM
yeah but what about the people that didnt get effected by the error 065 like me it would'nt be fair then cause we would have been able to have all the time and another free week but i gota say it would be nice http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

RemiusTA
May 6, 2008, 03:46 PM
If they dont extend MAG, they can forget me playing this fucking bullshit ass game.

SEGA screws up far too much. Playing this cant be fun when the company that runs it keeps screwing up this badly, even when they are supposed to be at their best for the most important and anticipated event since the game was even released.

I cant see investing in something where i know im just going to get fisted by the company later on in its lifespan.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-05-06 13:48 ]</font>

Shou
May 6, 2008, 03:48 PM
What if the people that were not affected by 65 had their kill counts locked in after the month of MAG and the people that were affected could still raise their kill count? That way everyone would have an extra week of MAG and the 65ers could have a chance at the spread needle.

GodOfFate
May 6, 2008, 03:49 PM
O:! thats a good idea but how r they gona no who was affected ny it?

Shou
May 6, 2008, 03:52 PM
Write it down one by one. i think they pretty much already have to to that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
*cant be more than like 200-300 people*

pikachief
May 6, 2008, 04:20 PM
thier thinking of jsut giving them out at random

i'd rather them give them to everyone instead of random >.>

what if someone undiserving gets one and someone who should've got one doesnt get one? D: