PDA

View Full Version : Cant find a the purpose Need a bit of help from the fans...

alazar14
May 6, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hey guy's today me and a friend asked ourselves and we really spent about 2 hours thinking about this....What do we do once we get max level in PSU, We don't want to level another character, and we are happy with our equipment....

Now Im not trying to bash the game or say it sucks. I like PSU I like the game, its easy casual fun. I am just wondering what Is there really to do once you max out a character and no longer have an interest in any other class or getting more weapons...

Ya can't pvp.
Ya can't raid
Ya can't really Go on an adventure
By that time you most likely have a PM maxed out, (Hopefully)

I mean I know FUN is by far the biggest purpose in the game. Just fun on the way up but... I see it like a roller coaster, its fun to go up...but..Where's the fun part when you come down...?

Now SEGA might be adding stuff I don't know about, Elite level missions, Really rare drops in only S rank missions, Some very long boss in each room missions. I mean there is a lot of end game stuff SEGA can do...but will they do it, I payed PSO for 2 year's and Never saw them do it there. I really like this game and love the people. I have since 2003. But I just now realized...what is the point to getting maxed out if I do Am I just going to quit and come back once in a while?

Can some one help me please, I really am lost with these questions, and I am a big fan of the phantasy star series But it just hit me right now. what is the end game on here..what is there to do once you max out your weapons and armor to your satisfaction and do not like to level grind another class.

Xaeris
May 6, 2008, 10:28 PM
Personally, I'm never completely happy with my equipment, so that's what keeps me going.

pikachief
May 6, 2008, 10:30 PM
hey u came to the part of teh game where me and all my friends are at!

our solution?

stop playing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

sadly its te only solution we can find >.>

darkante
May 6, 2008, 10:35 PM
You know, try other job classes?
I were pretty bored one week ago and was thinking for leaving for a bit.
But i thought i could give Fortefighter a try and Baam...the game is fun once more. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

NikkiC
May 6, 2008, 10:35 PM
Obviously you're comparing it to WoW, so ask yourself this - in WoW, applying the above scenario where your character is maxed, all the best epix in the game, and you feel there's nothing left to do, what then? You can do raids, just because you enjoy them, PvP just because you enjoy it, do just about anything that makes the game seem fun. PSU is the same, just because your char is maxed out doesn't mean there's nothing left. No MMO has an unlimited amount of things for you to do, eventually everything will be a cycle of repetition, and if you can't keep playing because you feel like you aren't achieving anything then it might be time to move on and try something else.

alazar14
May 6, 2008, 10:39 PM
Well i am not at that point yet guy's my friend is however, I am about 1/2 way to that point. I don't want to quit but I want to know if all my hours of grinding and working and farming are going to be put to use in a epic battle of good vs evil or a massive attack on a colony or hell even Just a all boss level mission. Is there anything like this in the works?

Also no Im not comparing it to wow, I'm Comparing it to Monster hunter, which was a Free 2 play ps2 online action game, in the end you had to fight this really big dragon that took a long time to kill to get his horns and skill, (Which were a rare drop) in order to craft the #1 spear in the game. That dragon signified the end, because it was the end of the online story line, and you saved the land. You felt complete, and like "ok I beat the game I killed the big boss yay" Is sega planning a feeling like that on here?

DarkDeception
May 6, 2008, 10:40 PM
Well personally i RP in the game so lvl really doesn't matter too much there. Thats where i get most of my fun, however most people don't like to RP in this game from what i've seen. I have a good group of friends that all do it with me so it's great fun

NikkiC
May 6, 2008, 10:43 PM
Fair enough, my mistake. As far as upcoming content goes, the only insight we get is what the JP servers get. Beyond that, I doubt even Sega themselves know.

alazar14
May 6, 2008, 10:46 PM
Ah I see, Well I guess I can Always do what my friend does, Play 1 month quit 2 play 1. He is 130 and said this is how he has played PSU since it came out, and that way its not boring. To bad There's really nothing to give that triumph feeling ya know? Wish there was..

pikachief
May 6, 2008, 10:48 PM
my friend has more than a stack of meseta and everything anyone could possibly want, like hes now buying stuff just to buy it, he doesnt even use the stuff he buys now -_-

and 4 characters capped.

he even almost started a new account just to have 4 more character slots D:

chaostroop3
May 6, 2008, 10:49 PM
switch to techer... theres endless achivments with us techers

chaostroop3
May 6, 2008, 10:49 PM
switch to techer... theres endless achivments with us techers

alazar14
May 6, 2008, 10:50 PM
hahaha, Damn thats a hard core player, I will probably never get more than 2 maxed out characters if that, But Ill try to check out other online action games, to bad there are not that many, Just lots of Korean grind fests, Going to try out Hellgate London, Maybe it will be a good trade off with PSU. For the 2 months off. I saw an add about hellgate on IGN Looks ok hahaha, But for now Ill stick to PSU untill the event is over, Im having a good time atm.

Kion
May 6, 2008, 10:58 PM
psu isn't intended to be your foam at the mouth grinding until the world ends kind of game. the caps and equipment are easy to get so you can enjoy it on week ends, max out and set it aside until the next month when more content comes out.

With the way ST releases content you're actually doing yourself a favor by not playing very much. Me / quick used to take a couple thousand runs for a decent chance of it dropping, enemies used to be rediculously fast and give almost no exp, runs gave terrible MP, and all the time you run arround capped is time that you're not accomplishing much of anything.

For a prime example, i've been around since 2 weeks after the first PSU came out. My main has 1500 hours and is only at level 119, when i see alot of capped new players with less than 500 hours on their account because of all of the system changes ST made to make everything so flipping easy. So if there's nothing else to do online, take a break and sign back on when there's more content.

panzer_unit
May 7, 2008, 01:35 PM
On 2008-05-06 20:26, alazar14 wrote:
Now Im not trying to bash the game or say it sucks. I like PSU I like the game, its easy casual fun. I am just wondering what Is there really to do once you max out a character and no longer have an interest in any other class or getting more weapons...

That's about it. Take a break until some new drops, missions, the next event, etc.

I can't imagine how much time you've spent on your characters tho, I've got like 2k hours and I still don't have all my PT skills maxed, never mind bullets, and stuff for other classes I also enjoy using.

Atomic646
May 7, 2008, 01:49 PM
Play GTA 4 or other games so that you don't get so bored of this game you decide to trade it in only to regret it the next update.

GreenArcher
May 7, 2008, 02:09 PM
When you max out out, there's two paths in MMO games.

1) You keep playing because you enjoyed the game all along

2) You move on to another game (or take a break), because you play to "accomplish" things.

While goals help keep the game interesting, you have to realize that you're really not accomplishing anything no matter what you do in a game. It all comes down to if you enjoy it or not.

Dirkster111
May 7, 2008, 02:11 PM
People who say this game is boring or there's nothing left to accomplish.......have you found every rare available? Maxed out PA's? That's the great thing about a game like psu, there's always something to do, I've yet to meet one person who has accomplished everything on an rpb/mmorpg.

Cheeseycake
May 7, 2008, 02:11 PM
On 2008-05-06 20:40, DarkDeception wrote:
Well personally i RP in the game so lvl really doesn't matter too much there. Thats where i get most of my fun, however most people don't like to RP in this game from what i've seen. I have a good group of friends that all do it with me so it's great fun

Yes I wish more people roleplayed.
I roleplay and sometimes people are like
"O.o wtf" ><

but thats what i do also and I have alot of
Friends to hang with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif we seem to have loads of
fun doiung that. Its not all about LVin and getting
the best weapons XP

Jainsea
May 7, 2008, 03:32 PM
Even if you and your friend said you dont want to play other classes I encourage you to do so, it will be a nice challenge and if anything a change of pace, and I think thats what you need atm imo. Idk what classs you got maxed out but try Protranser, Im sure you have plenty of gear to deck them out in and EX traps are just hella fun to play with http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif and also does your chars have the classes you need maxed out when the Master classes get here? If not that may be soemthing to dp with your time. When I got bored, I redid a character and she's a human PT lvl 78 atm http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Its real fun. If you already got PT capped, you can maybe help lowbies out or something? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif Thats what I've been doing with my FT lvl 117 to keep from getting burnt out for the last few days. Its nice and refreshing to meet people that are REALLY greatful for your help http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif If none of this helped, I say maybe its time to take a
break for a bit and play another game to tide you over untill you fell like playing again or untill new stuff comes out to PSU.

Itachi1990
May 7, 2008, 04:36 PM
The games getin dull for me to i didnt cap one of my charecters yet but i have all that i went and i dont wanna get equopment i dont need.Its starting to become a boring cycle of the same runs people are doing.I like psu and all but i think im gona switch to another game like WoW most of my freinds play that and it looks fun and when you actually cap your charecter thats only were all the fun beigns...so i herd.

Dealer
May 7, 2008, 04:39 PM
I would say that maxing out your character's level is probably the least challenging thing to cap.

If you don't have every tech levelled to 40 as a techer, or bullet as a gunner etc., then maybe you'll reconsider how uber you are.

Once characters get there - I think that's when the game gets really fun. Partying with other maxxed out's speed running the best missions for the rarest rares.

There are also a lot of items not even close to being used yet, but that can be collected for a rainy day.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dealer on 2008-05-07 14:40 ]</font>

Dirkster111
May 7, 2008, 08:49 PM
On 2008-05-07 14:36, Itachi1990 wrote:
The games getin dull for me to i didnt cap one of my charecters yet but i have all that i went and i dont wanna get equopment i dont need.Its starting to become a boring cycle of the same runs people are doing.I like psu and all but i think im gona switch to another game like WoW most of my freinds play that and it looks fun and when you actually cap your charecter thats only were all the fun beigns...so i herd.

You do realize there are 3 worlds, the Colony, and the Hive that all have lots of missions? I can't tell you how many times I've gone to Neudaiz on Uni 2 to run Moonlight Beast and there's not a soul there. Or to Parum for Duel in the Ruins, and quess what, same thing. Get out, explore the world of PSU, there are alot of fun missions to do.

Ken_Silver
May 7, 2008, 08:57 PM
honestly, the best thing you can do (and I say this all the time when I get the chance) is to help out the younger people and I mean newbies to PSU. There will always be new people and they will always be wandering around the G-Colony's 4th floor asking questions that annoy someone. If you help new characters, you'll always have something to do once they are online.

It's a great cycle. I had a group of friends help me out when I started, but when I got my own account instead of playing on my friends... I lost them. But the fun I had with them was enough to get me to purchase online mode. So lend out a helping hand to the next generation.

If I EVER max out to the point that you are at, that's what I'll be doing. I guarantee.

furrypaws
May 7, 2008, 10:22 PM
Ok. Go back in time about 10 months and try to solo the De Ragan. Challenge mode to the extreme. XD

All joking aside, find something in the game that interests you, such as RP or a new class. You'd be surprised at how, even classes that seem fairly similar (Wartecher and Acrotecher for instance) actually end up pushing your strategy in many different ways.

unicorn
May 7, 2008, 11:14 PM
This is where a PSO reference is needed. PSO was much more replayable than PSU.

My friend who was a biiiig supporter of ST and played all PS games religiously quit PSU for WoW. Whats so intriging about a clicking strategy game? Well apparantly WoW doesnt die off as quickly as PSU. PSU really gets obsolete at some point.

But I'm not leaving PSU anytime soon, because I can't really see myself playing any other MMORPGs (because I find PSU has tons of jackasses, imagine WoW?). PSU is easy for me and I kinda have a life. Really.

TheGreyCliche
May 8, 2008, 01:11 AM
i always thought the fun part of the roller coaster was the swift vertical descent of the cart... the ascension is always a tad slow and... clicky.

Iduno
May 8, 2008, 03:10 AM
Guess you could try PA leveling or 1 star weapon hive S2 runs?

Garnet_Moon
May 8, 2008, 04:34 AM
Play other games like I do.

Just don't call an ambulance and expect them to heal you, in GTA4. I did... and as I stood in the street as it came towards me, it plowed right into my face and knocked me off into oncoming traffic and I died. lol911

I'm waiting on Aion and Warhammer online, and PSU MA-G is a nice way to get to other games.

As for role playing? Nobody role plays when i'm on. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

panzer_unit
May 8, 2008, 11:04 AM
On 2008-05-07 21:14, super_luu wrote:
This is where a PSO reference is needed. PSO was much more replayable than PSU.

That's a hilarious thought.

Nobody thinks MAG is replayable and it's like a fun-sized condensed version of PSO with better character and gameplay systems. Extra-thick rose colored glasses FTW.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-08 10:08 ]</font>

alazar14
May 15, 2008, 11:43 PM
Yeah I will be calling it quits with my friend after the event and just going to play a few online shooting games for a few months then come back when the next event hits.

Shinko
May 16, 2008, 12:33 AM
Hey guy's today me and a friend asked ourselves and we really spent about 2 hours thinking about this....What do we do once we get max level in PSU, We don't want to level another character, and we are happy with our equipment....

Ya can't pvp.
Ya can't raid
By that time you most likely have a PM maxed out, (Hopefully)

I mean I know FUN is by far the biggest purpose in the game. Just fun on the way up but... I see it like a roller coaster, its fun to go up...but..Where's the fun part when you come down...?

Now SEGA might be adding stuff I don't know about, Elite level missions, Really rare drops in only S rank missions, Some very long boss in each room missions. I mean there is a lot of end game stuff SEGA can do...but will they do it, I payed PSO for 2 year's and Never saw them do it there. I really like this game and love the people. I have since 2003. But I just now realized...what is the point to getting maxed out if I do Am I just going to quit and come back once in a while?

Can some one help me please, I really am lost with these questions, and I am a big fan of the phantasy star series But it just hit me right now. what is the end game on here..what is there to do once you max out your weapons and armor to your satisfaction and do not like to level grind another class.

i really been thinking about this myself. im not max lvl yet but i been thinking what am i to do after i do max. I have all the weapon and armor i want. my skills bullets and techs are almost maxed. so what do i do.....

i been reading a few comments (bot all) on what so ppl said but idk i just dont think i'll find any of them fun. i even max most of the class out even one's i don't like. mmm.... i guess i just have to want untill some new weapons or items i want comes out and new stages.

i did think of 1 think though and that was to go around doing random missions all the way to the last mission on all planets. but its kinda boring soloing this and most ppl stay in the most happenin' place (heh) i don't blame them though. if thats what they want to do then do it. though it would be something to do if i had people to explore with me.

if anyone think of anythink else or if you (alazar14) think of something let me know.

Miyoko
May 16, 2008, 01:05 AM
It baffles me how many people want raiding in PSU. Raiding's fun for about 15 minutes, then it's just "God, when is this going to fucking end?".

Know what the funnest part about raiding in WoW was for me? Playing my Tetris mod during the raids.

And I still topped the healing charts. Feh.

AlphaMinotaux
May 16, 2008, 02:52 AM
What do you do in an MMO when you have already

done pvp
done raiding
And been on hundreds of adventures
etc etc

When you start asking this question it means your truly bored with the game and its time to move on.

I've asked myself this question with Ragnarok, FFXI, WOW and pretty much every game I have played for an extended amount of time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AlphaMinotaux on 2008-05-16 00:54 ]</font>

Arika
May 16, 2008, 02:55 AM

I wonder what part is this mean? how can you really adventure in an online game? no matter what kind of exploit the map or whatever, I dont think any kind of MMORPG can really count as adventure.

AlphaMinotaux
May 16, 2008, 02:56 AM
On 2008-05-07 21:14, super_luu wrote:
But I'm not leaving PSU anytime soon, because I can't really see myself playing any other MMORPGs (because I find PSU has tons of jackasses, imagine WoW?). PSU is easy for me and I kinda have a life. Really.

Also there are more jackasses in PSU than in WOW, true story. The ratio is a lot worse than you think.

Played WoW for years on many servers and there truly aren't many at all. If they are; Then they are quickly cast out of society hypothetically speaking.

AlphaMinotaux
May 16, 2008, 02:58 AM
On 2008-05-16 00:55, Arika wrote:

I wonder what part is this mean? how can you really adventure in an online game? no matter what kind of exploit the map or whatever, I dont think any kind of MMORPG can really count as adventure.

Oh yes you can lol, normal people call going on an adventure F***ing around. Usually Open World games allow for this.