PDA

View Full Version : Allergies.

McLaughlin
May 7, 2008, 06:48 PM
I hate them. Right now I want to rip my eyes out of my head to stop them from itching. I wake up not being able to open them because they're crusted over, and I also can't breathe half the time because someone decided to park a truck up each of my navels.

I hate my allergy shots, because they too itch like none-other, and it's a pain having to waste my time sitting there for half an hour every months (or two weeks right now because my allergies are that bad) so they can make sure I don't just up and die from the shot.

There are several other medical issues with my body I'm not fond of, but those are beyond the scope of this thread because this is currently FAR more irritating than the rest.

I need to find a sharp spoon to dig my eyes out with.

Powder Keg
May 7, 2008, 07:27 PM
Shit's been getting to me big time today. I think it's something worse though. After washing my car and my mom's I was just about out of breath and felt really weak. Head's been pounding all day too.

AlexCraig
May 7, 2008, 07:40 PM
Fortunately, the only thing I'm allergic to are bee stings. However, my parents expect me to go outside and mow the lawn and such, and bees like to hang out around my house. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

McLaughlin
May 7, 2008, 09:01 PM
My eyes feel like they've been soaked in battery acid, my throat feels like roadkill, my head feels like someone's beating it like a drum, and my nose is currently useless. I've been out of breath and dizzy all week.

And that's just allergy related. Next week I get to find out if I've got lupus.

Sayara
May 7, 2008, 10:35 PM
Its so amusing, i use to never get Allergies, but when the count is like super high i suffer like i had allergies all along.

That one day MD's Pollen count was over 3000 i was dying, haha

unicorn
May 7, 2008, 11:05 PM
I never had allergies until 2 years ago..... >_>;

It sucks cuuuz I'm in my school's fashion show annnd I dont want to be sneezing all up on the runway.

I think my allergies were worse last year though. I just get the occasional itch, but I can still wear my contacts without any problems.

Powder Keg
May 8, 2008, 03:22 AM
On 2008-05-07 20:35, Sayara wrote:
Its so amusing, i use to never get Allergies, but when the count is like super high i suffer like i had allergies all along.

I'm the same way. Actually had to call out of work today because I feel like I've been hit by a truck.

Raine_Loire
May 8, 2008, 07:52 AM
I grew up in Chicago, never had allergy problems at all. Moved to MN, bam, it hit me. Moved to Miami, oh what's that? Problem solved. Back to MN. Whoosh. The 3 places I suffer are MN, GA, and here in Germany. Germany is the worst- there are actually fields- FIELDS of what appears to be rag weed. As in they purposely grow either ragweed or something that looks like it in great big fields right next to the road. I can't drive with the windows open, it's terrible. The worst part is the sinus infections I get during allergy season. It's time to wake up and I just lay there like "please, let me die!" I get a 3 month headache that starts in mid march and ends in mid june.

AnnabellaRenee87
May 9, 2008, 10:01 AM
I take Zyrtec and it helps some, when I because congested I use Zyrtec D (for de-decongestant)

Helps some, its over the counter, shouldn't make you drowsy, still no substitute for Singular.(witch reacts with Advil and causes ulcers.)

my allergies are so bad sometimes the skin around my eyes starts to break/peel and I look like a drug user because my eyes are so blood shot.

I hate spring. So expansive.

Inazuma
May 9, 2008, 12:00 PM
it could be worse. there was a news story a few months ago about a girl who's skin was allergic to WATER.
found it:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/worldnews.html?in_article_id=520329&in_page_id=1811

Kent
May 9, 2008, 04:14 PM
I pretty much only get that sort of thing going when I'm in Mississippi. I'm fine up here in Minnesota.

Of course, pretty much the only things I'm allergic to are... Beef and chocolate. :/

McLaughlin
May 9, 2008, 07:13 PM
I'm allergic to trees. And fresh grass. And duck feathers.

And cow hair. >_>

Eihwaz
May 16, 2008, 08:37 AM
My allergies have been coming and going lately. One day I'll feel totally fine, the next, my eyes feel like they're made of suffering and sticky fluids, and I sneeze way too much.

It's quite annoying.

Vanzazikon
May 16, 2008, 02:58 PM
I used to have allergies back when I was in elementary school. My eyes burned and itched real bad, I could have sworn it was all red. They damaged my eye real bad that now I'm near-sighted. Now I'm good but I often get an itching sensation on my palm. Is this somw type of allergic reaction?

Blitzkommando
May 16, 2008, 03:18 PM
I'm just glad OTC Zyrtec takes care of most of my symptoms. When I was younger I would constantly get bloody noses at night from allergies. Nothing is quite like waking up in a pool of your own blood.

McLaughlin
May 16, 2008, 05:39 PM
On 2008-05-16 13:18, Blitzkommando wrote:
I'm just glad OTC Zyrtec takes care of most of my symptoms. When I was younger I would constantly get bloody noses at night from allergies. Nothing is quite like waking up in a pool of your own blood.

I have a nose bleed every day. My mom's getting tired of having to wash my sheets all the time.

Nitro Vordex
May 16, 2008, 07:07 PM
I took a Singular as a kid, and got a bloody nose.

Medicine said 14 or older, but noooo.

BogusKun
May 19, 2008, 05:20 PM
My nose... when I blow it... it just seems to crowd more and more with snot... I don't give a fuck anymore. I need a faucet adapter plugged in my nose to drip it all away.