PDA

View Full Version : The lack of hats

Lloyd_Waver
May 8, 2008, 06:20 AM
This has been bothering me for a big while now. I just need to get it out.

PSU has a great character customization feature. As everyone knows we can't select hats independently from the hair styles. Also, the number of hats is very limited.

So anyone thinks SEGA will implant hats as part of your clothes? Is it even possible with the game physics?

_Tek_
May 8, 2008, 06:33 AM
well what you mean to say is you want a braves hat, or innocent hat etc, like hats that match the clothing sets right? They could easily update with the game with a patch giving more hats I'm sure. You've probably already seen some of the ones like the Ramar and Fonewm hats for selection.

Touka
May 8, 2008, 06:46 AM
Cowgirl Hat for females really,why do only males have them? :/

Ithildin
May 8, 2008, 06:55 AM
I would have liked to have seen some of the old PSO RAmar helmets come in for MAG. I wanted to make my FG look exactly how my RAmar did in PSO.

DarkEliteRico
May 8, 2008, 07:03 AM
On 2008-05-08 04:46, Kana wrote:

i second that, the beanie just isn't enough for my taste....and the crowns/bonnets don't look good with my characters model

unicorn
May 8, 2008, 08:23 AM
I want bunny ears.

My favorite animal.

Tink
May 8, 2008, 10:51 AM

Agreed, pi. :> Made me so made that the Voloyal girls have them but we can't. Might be too small for my rappy head though. . .

thebummers
May 8, 2008, 11:23 AM
As Monty Python informed me in the film "The Meaning of Life"... one of the meanings of life could be that people aren't wearing enough hats. Hope that helps.

Tiyr
May 8, 2008, 11:33 AM
Honestly, I'd settle for the ability to change hat colors. Seriously, I can only get military berets in orange or red?

I had to stop wearing my beret when I went with my RaMarl gear because of that. Stupid, says I!

Akaimizu
May 8, 2008, 11:55 AM
In before Sekani says, "In before Akaimizu". (I know, it sounds a bit confusing) Ha ha!! I told ya I would catch it first next time. (reverse sound of Dr. Claw's cat making noise and the Inspector Gadget ending music played backwards)

Anyway, as anybody who knows me would guess, I will definitely add my agreement that it would be awesome if they add cowboy hats for females.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-08 09:56 ]</font>

Ken_Silver
May 8, 2008, 12:22 PM
New hats would be cool. I want a pair of goggles that goes on your head that doesn't require long hair or straight hair. Maybe... I dunno http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

and to Lloyd Waber: The Tales games rock! But I think Lloyd would facepalm being compared to Ethan. Just a little http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Akaimizu
May 8, 2008, 12:27 PM
Though I have to admit, after playing Tales of the World, (and Llyod's attitude between Symphonia and that game) you can sort of feel a bit like there could be a small comparison between the two. Albeit, a small one.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-08 10:27 ]</font>

Feign
May 8, 2008, 12:29 PM
Eyepatches as Eye slot options please!

Oh wait...this is about hats...

...hmm...

Hats in their own catergory so we can pick the hair style with the hat we want? Probably won't happen...

Gen2000
May 8, 2008, 12:54 PM
It would be nice but doubt it will happen soon unless it becomes a major complaint (yeah right).

Some hats are nice but the color limit or having to only use it with certain hairstyles sucks. Also gib cowgirl hats.

Lloyd_Waver
May 8, 2008, 01:03 PM
It probably won't happen as we hope it will, but maybe that each hairstyle will get more hat choices. I really want some magician hats. Also there's a lack of magician looking costumes.

Akaimizu
May 8, 2008, 01:11 PM
Actually, I made some magician or performer outfit combinations, myself. That is, from stuff that's in the game. Female only, though.

Kylie
May 8, 2008, 02:58 PM
I doubt they'll implement that now, but they might if they ever make a true sequel or another expansion. It's not a huge deal to me; I don't like to wear hats.

xJakkalx
May 8, 2008, 03:06 PM
I like headbands and goggles! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Anduril
May 8, 2008, 03:11 PM
I would like to have head accessories as separate clothes items. I couldn't give Noland the look I wanted becuase you can't have the goggles on the head with the hair style I like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-05-08 13:11 ]</font>

ARASHIKAGE
May 8, 2008, 03:11 PM

Yes I was waiting on that too for my alt. Shes a cast and I always saw her wearing normal pants, bikini top, cowboy hat. With a big-ass rifle in hand. (patent pending!)

Also for my main, ever sence day one I was looking for any kind of mask. I dont know whats the big hold up, the old RAmar look would be enough to make me happy.

Eligaz
May 8, 2008, 03:12 PM
I don't really care whether you can wear them like normal clothes or if they're considered head accessories that you get from the make over shop, but this game needs moar hats. Badly.

And all wannabe RAmar's out there need their gasmaskish helmets.

SonicTMP
May 8, 2008, 03:20 PM
On 2008-05-08 13:11, Anduril wrote:
I would like to have head accessories as separate clothes items. I couldn't give Noland the look I wanted becuase you can't have the goggles on the head with the hair style I like.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-05-08 13:11 ]</font>

Agreed. I want some sunglasses but they don't come with my hairstyle. Hair system needs some reworking.

GaNksTa
May 8, 2008, 03:46 PM
On 2008-05-08 04:55, Ithildin wrote:
I would have liked to have seen some of the old PSO RAmar helmets come in for MAG. I wanted to make my FG look exactly how my RAmar did in PSO.

..I don't know if anyone responded to your post but.. the Ramar helmets ARE out.. 2 of my characters are using them..

Alizarin
May 8, 2008, 03:59 PM
On 2008-05-08 13:20, SonicTMP wrote:

On 2008-05-08 13:11, Anduril wrote:

Agreed. I want some sunglasses but they don't come with my hairstyle. Hair system needs some reworking.

Same, that's my primary complaint. I understand some accessories tied to some styles, but glasses?

It would be nice if they worked it like clothing parts: head, eyes, mouth, etc. For stuff like hats, glasses, masks respectively. On that note, does anyone else miss the face masks (and face paint) that the RAmar, HUcaseal and FOs had?

lokey013
May 8, 2008, 04:04 PM
I would love one of the old FOmar hats....the one for the long hair or the one that looks like a pointy wizard's hat =P

ARASHIKAGE
May 8, 2008, 04:25 PM
On that note, does anyone else miss the face masks (and face paint) that the RAmar, HUcaseal and FOs had?

[/quote]

Yes, I miss that very much.
(I want my ninja mask...)

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2008, 04:48 PM
I think headphones would be cool cause all we have is a head set and to very few hair styles at that,also wouldn't be hard if they made it so you can have any kind of head gear on any hair style like cat ears on a afro http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

rytoca
May 8, 2008, 04:52 PM

Brokeback... Of course.

Anyway, they really should completely redo the whole Hat/Hair customization in the next expansion...

You should be able to choose hair styles based on sections (front, back, side ect) or as a whole. Then hats/head things with color options, followed by glasses/eyepatches with options, and then, I dunno earings or something... so that instead of ~40(?) hair styles with 8(?) options it would be more like, well a very large number.

That's [in part] how I thought it would be like when AoI came out, but I was wrong.

Noblewine
May 8, 2008, 06:02 PM
I want bandanna to be available for male players. I'm not big on putting hats on my characters.

MSAksion
May 8, 2008, 06:16 PM
Hats i wish were in PSU;

CUTE HATS
Bunny Ears - Floppy ones that bounce as you walk.
Nurses hat - the one with the X cross on it like Florence Nightingale wore.
Witches hat - i'll get you my pretty.

SPORTS hats
Baseball Hat - Gotta catch them all
Football Helmet - for those who want protection.

Occupation hats
Sailors Hat - the white thing they wear.
Pirate hat - arrrrr shibber my timbers.
POPE hat - the big man's hat.
PIMP HAT - the big Fidora with Giant Feather

Extravagant Hats
Blindfolded eyes - Use those Senses Grasshopper.
Eye Masks - to be mysterious like... masked Ball for fancy rich people.
Cinco De Mayo Feather Masks - BIG feathered masks with glitter and sparkles.

Helmets
Motorcycle
Football
Knight in Shining Armor Helmet
CHAIN MAIL hat(Big Poppa Pump Scott Steiner)
Mecha Pilot - like Gundam or Macross helmet with faceplate.

Sinue_v2
May 8, 2008, 09:36 PM
I would want more than hats. The game needs more independant accessories. Earrings/piercings, Tattoos, Scars, Eyepatches, Facial markings, glasses, hats, etc.

I would love to be able to dye the tips of my Numan girl's ears black, but for now I just have to settle with black lips.

Also, ST needs to add in a much better color slider. The current one is extremely limiting in comparison to PSO's. Further, it'd be nice if clothes had a "dye" option which would allow you to customize the color of your clothes rather than selecting from a pool of a few pre-selected colors. It would increase the information needed to be transfered when viewing other characters on the screen - but it is feasable.

BFGfreak
May 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
hell yeah, I would love for my main to be able to wear shades and a black beret. Also, I kinda like the dye thing sinue said. The only problem I have is that there is no short sleeve varient of the Guardless series.