PDA

View Full Version : Wardrobe change??

Clef
Jan 22, 2003, 12:40 AM
Ok, I don't know if this will sound crazy or what, but I was over at my friends house the other day and he was playing his humar. When he first made the character he was dressed all in black, well, mostly anyways. But now his humar is all grey/white. I asked him how he did this without recreating his character and he told me the game just gave him the option out of the blue.

It's not that I don't like the way my fonewearl looks, but I would really like to know how/if I can change my outfit. I know he didn't recreate his humar to change the outfit. Do you have to do something special in the game to get this option? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Clef
PSO Character: Zoe, lvl 70 fonewearl

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 12:42 AM
have 100,000 meseta on your person, and load the file....

It will give you the option...

Was like that in V2 on the DC anyway

Bloodberry
Jan 22, 2003, 12:50 AM
Just have 10,000 meseta onhand when you log off your character, then at the select it'll have the dressing room option. For GC, at least, I think.

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 12:57 AM
On 2003-01-21 21:50, Bloodberry wrote:
Just have 10,000 meseta onhand when you log off your character, then at the select it'll have the dressing room option. For GC, at least, I think.

On the GC is it 10,000 or 100,000?

Brundidge
Jan 22, 2003, 01:00 AM
Its 10,000 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
I feel lucky its cheaper now so I can change in all the clothes I want to.

Clef
Jan 22, 2003, 01:02 AM
sweet, can't wait to change wardrobe now, hehe. Need to spend a little meseta as it is, bank is maxed out. Thanks for the quick replies.

Clef

chopsticks44
Jan 22, 2003, 01:53 AM
how much mesetas can the bank actually hold? i'm short about 7,000 more mesetas to go to reach 1 mil.

Grimsoar
Jan 22, 2003, 02:32 AM
I got my bank up to 999,999 and the teller said it was full http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

FluxGryphon
Jan 22, 2003, 04:39 AM
I've had two characters max out their bank meseta now...Good thing I have a helluva lot more characters to hold cash. Any idea what the cap is for how much you can hold?

Edit: BTW, not only can you change your outfit (if you aren't an android, anyway - they change their 'body'), but you can change your hairstyle and color. You cannot change your face or proportion. Droids can change their heads, since they don't have hair, strictly speaking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: FluxGryphon on 2003-01-22 01:43 ]</font>

Rain_1
Jan 22, 2003, 05:46 AM
this is kidna offtopic to this thread, but in gc, since you can have splitscreen mode, you can transfer stuff between your chars offline?
i mean, plug 2 controllers, load one with the char that has the items you want to transfer, load in the other ciontroller the other char and transfer?

Tenko
Jan 22, 2003, 06:36 AM
Mesata cap appears to be the same as it was on the Dreamcast: 999,999 in the bank and 999,999 on your person, or 1,999,998 total. My character on it has totally maxxed out money - she can't even pick it up.

EDarkness
Jan 22, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-01-22 02:46, Rain_1 wrote:
this is kidna offtopic to this thread, but in gc, since you can have splitscreen mode, you can transfer stuff between your chars offline?
i mean, plug 2 controllers, load one with the char that has the items you want to transfer, load in the other ciontroller the other char and transfer?

Yes. I have three characters and I do this all the time. You just need to have the appropriate number of pads plugged into the GC when you select Multi mode.

-EDarkness

Ghaleon
Jan 22, 2003, 02:14 PM
10,000 on hand (not in the bank)

Mute
Jan 22, 2003, 02:29 PM
On 2003-01-22 03:36, Tenko wrote:
Mesata cap appears to be the same as it was on the Dreamcast: 999,999 in the bank and 999,999 on your person, or 1,999,998 total. My character on it has totally maxxed out money - she can't even pick it up.

I hope you carry around plenty of scapes... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Stricker
Jan 22, 2003, 02:51 PM
About the trade items by your self. Yes, just plug the controllers and start droping items with one character and take them with the other character.

Tenko
Jan 23, 2003, 02:46 AM
On 2003-01-22 11:29, Mute wrote:
I hope you carry around plenty of scapes... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

I meant on the Dreamcast version, where you drop your money when you die instead of it disappearing. I wish it didn't do that on the Gamecube version - I've lost over three million mesata thanks to that and a full bank so I couldn't deposit...

Noir
Jan 23, 2003, 01:54 PM
Thank God for the 'Dressing Room.' One can easily get tired of looking at the same dress for only so long. I just wished they added different clothing type instead of limited FOmarls to only dresses... Blah... where's a pair of tight jeans when you need them.

thewiredknight
Jan 23, 2003, 03:39 PM
I've complained too about that the clothing pretty much is just a variety of different colors, a lucky few such as the FOnewearl get a variety of outfits. Hunters, are ESPECIALLY limited as we only have color options and very little else.

SuperSpeedy
Jan 23, 2003, 04:14 PM
Hey. My droids are very limited. I tire of just changing color and headparts! I want to rebuild him to be a fat midget!

chaos28
Jan 23, 2003, 04:56 PM
Can this be done while playing offline, or only online?

LamerPanda
Jan 23, 2003, 05:02 PM
It can be done offline or online.

I've tried changing my RAmar's clothes, but I usually go back because I hate the bottoms of his boots. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif You can only see it when he's running, but it's not like I have the patience to walk everywhere. =P

Cloud_01
Jan 23, 2003, 05:38 PM
I never even knew that to allow the dress option to appear you had to carry 10,000 meseta on you. I thought it just appeared occasionally.

It was a good idea for them to lower the price to change your costume for the GC version. It's a little harder to get money. Back in the DC version you could sell rares, so it was really easy to max out your money. I remember selling a couple red handguns for 250,000 meseta each! Too bad rares only sell for 10 meseta now...

chaos28
Jan 24, 2003, 01:24 AM
Yeah, thanks for the help. I figured it out and changed my costume. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif This is a good forum.

FluxGryphon
Jan 25, 2003, 06:22 PM
On 2003-01-22 23:46, Tenko wrote:

On 2003-01-22 11:29, Mute wrote:

I meant on the Dreamcast version, where you drop your money when you die instead of it disappearing. I wish it didn't do that on the Gamecube version - I've lost over three million mesata thanks to that and a full bank so I couldn't deposit...

If I'm in risk of dying (like going to fight a boss, or exploring a new area in Ultimate) I drop my money on Pioneer 2 or near a telepipe so I won't loose the whole stash. Otherwise you could transfer it to another character (assuming you have room on your memory card - and that you have a GC or a DC with someone trustworthy online).

And I also wish you could modify your proportion and costumes...Pheh...Limitations...

Para
Jan 25, 2003, 06:26 PM
speaking about dropping when dying...
do you drop your equipped weapon when you die?

in the dc version you do =/
and its 100k in the d/c version to go to the dressing room o_O;

LamerPanda
Jan 25, 2003, 08:20 PM
When you die, your weapon just gets unequipped, but you lose all your meseta.