PDA

View Full Version : Does PSU have MAG's?

Jepp027
May 8, 2008, 01:59 PM
I just would like to know if the game has the little flying guys that you feed Monomates and such to?

Sekani
Short answer, no.

GuardianElite
nope

Anduril
May 8, 2008, 02:03 PM
No, at least not in the same function as in PSO. It does have Mag-like weapons: TECH-MAGs, a left handed TECHNIC weapon, and Range-MAGs, a left handed autofire turret.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-05-08 12:04 ]</font>

panzer_unit
May 8, 2008, 02:07 PM
Yes PSU has mags. They shoot or cast spells rather than adding to stats.

You feed monomates to a different floaty guy, your Partner Machine.
Eventually it levels up into a form you can invite to your party as an NPC.

gryphonvii
May 8, 2008, 08:43 PM
it would be cool to feed an evolution device to your pm to make it a pso mag

RemiusTA
May 8, 2008, 09:21 PM
On 2008-05-08 12:07, panzer_unit wrote:
Yes PSU has mags. They shoot or cast spells rather than adding to stats.

You feed monomates to a different floaty guy, your Partner Machine.
Eventually it levels up into a form you can invite to your party as an NPC.

No, they have Madoogs. completely different. The main function of the MAG was to manually increase your characters stats, and there is no system on this game that does that.

Yusaku_Kudou
May 8, 2008, 10:09 PM
Sonic Team named them mags anyway.

AnamanaAU
May 8, 2008, 11:28 PM
No real decent answers in this thread. :

Mags basically got split into two different things.
Partner Machinery - Starts out as a floating ball in your room, eventually evolves into a small cast that can be partied with and provides support.
Range / Tech Mags - These look like the PSO mags, but they don't act like them. Range mags act as an auto gun, while tech mags are basically another wand.

gratefulgriz
May 8, 2008, 11:46 PM
i would, ahem, do anything for MAG to come back! including donate all meseta to charity

_Tek_
May 9, 2008, 12:21 AM
As sad before the only things that resemble mags are little floating robots that you use as a shooting or magic casting weapon.

And here's some info on Partner Machinery...
http://psupedia.info/Partner_Machinery

panzer_unit
May 9, 2008, 10:33 AM
On 2008-05-08 19:21, RemiusTA wrote:
No, they have Madoogs. completely different. The main function of the MAG was to manually increase your characters stats, and there is no system on this game that does that.

Choosing elements for extra damage, DOT's, debuffs, or defensive statuses is the same net result as customizing my character's stats a bit. Just my opinion, of course, but I think the mags in PSU are a good re-do of the PSO concept.

I wouldn't mind if Tech mags worked a little more like range, independently popping out buffs, heals, or attack techs depending on grade / manufacturer / element... they'd have to be equippable by non-techer characters of course, I was always really happy that my RAcast's mag had buffs in just about every situation way back.

Jepp027
May 12, 2008, 10:18 AM
Well based on your answers the new ones seem pretty cool, possibly better than the original idea. I look forward to playing PSU now thanks for the info I'll go to ebgames and buy one. Thanks again.