PDA

View Full Version : XBOX PSO MONTHLY FEE MUST READ!!!!

dvs69
Jan 22, 2003, 12:41 AM
Sorry to say there will be a monthly fee. It has been confirmed. Sorry guys! check here for details http://forums.xbox.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1010461

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 12:49 AM
Well, I guess that Boid character could be a reliable source.....

"my friend who works for MS told me"

umm yeah....

Eden
Jan 22, 2003, 01:23 AM
I was gonna get the xbox version too....not anymore

MilkManX
Jan 22, 2003, 02:54 AM
I guess that is it. If XBOX PSO is the same as the GCN one then I am done till Episode III. I played the GCN alot and was only changing over for an actual form of communication that isnt 100 dollars imported from Japan. Boo.

Phobos-X
Jan 22, 2003, 07:30 AM
"I've been asked by a friend at Microsoft to quash this rumor"

man what kinda bullshit is this?? yea my friend says this post is wack! lock it please!

CorneliusPower
Jan 22, 2003, 08:37 AM
Why would PSO XBOX Hunters Lisence be included as part of X BOX Live Subscription? Honestly, there will be a monthly fee folks, get over it.

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 09:10 AM
I seem to remember seeing news from e_RUPT saying that MS would be handling the billing.

That being the case, if there is a monthly fee, it is an MS thang....

And I thought MS gave me that HDD for free with the unit ;>

Residentotaku
Jan 22, 2003, 09:10 AM
Well all i have to say is that if we have to pay it then the sure aint getting not paying!

skaterboi209
Jan 22, 2003, 09:20 AM
That will plain suck if there is a fee, i cant find the gamecube pso anywhere, you already have to pay 50 or sum for xbox live now more to play pso. Outrageous!

UMMON
Jan 22, 2003, 09:53 AM
How is ST charging a fee? Its not even their server.
I read an "officail" post somewhere else that says that ST can't charge a fee, that all they get from Xbox is money for selling the game.

So whats true? Microsoft would have to cut ST a check.

Phobos-X
Jan 22, 2003, 10:40 AM
Why would PSO XBOX Hunters Lisence be included as part of X BOX Live Subscription? Honestly, there will be a monthly fee folks, get over it

it would be a very stupid idea for MS to charge a HL fee outside of the XBL fee, that would make the GC version more attractive to the buyer and MS would lose business. Not to mention that Star Wars: KOTOR is due out 2/24/03. I seriously doubt...make that im seriously HOPING there is no online fee outside of XBL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Phobos-X on 2003-01-22 07:49 ]</font>

Brundidge
Jan 22, 2003, 11:13 AM
LOL I see many people don't got jobs http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

$10-$15 isn't much if you really think about it. That's like spending 2-3 meals at Jack-in-the-Box on different days of just one month. Plus if you look at it right now if XBOX PSO didn't have an extra fee everyone would be moving to the XBOX cuz $50 per year compared to $10 something per month on GC(someone catch me on the price for online). Now if you're smart about your daily income you'd know which one you would choose. If XBOX PSO didn't have a fee it would just show how much of a monoply MS has over the gaming business cuz as you can see PSO has a good sum of loyal fans/players by its side. MS gives out a better bargin that Nintendo can't do. BAM! Instant money, XBOX players, and more for Billy himself.

I think that XBOX will have an extra fee just so that a multi-console game wouldn't be one-sided on just one console. Don't believe me. Just wait till the game comes out and we shall all see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Oh yeah one thing also to think about is the up's and down's of each side such as if you don't have XBL you gotta buy that kit (grrr...) compared to buying a BBA for GC. Be money smart!

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 11:22 AM
Seems easy enough to end this foolishness.....

It is out in JP....

Does the JP Live! PSO have a fee?

MilkManX
Jan 22, 2003, 11:56 AM
On 2003-01-22 08:22, abrader wrote:
Seems easy enough to end this foolishness.....

It is out in JP....

Does the JP Live! PSO have a fee?

Yeah the Japanese one does but they get the game free with the live kit in Japan. What we were told originally was that we have to pay for the game in the USA and that LIVE would cover the monthly fee. We will hopefully get to the bottom of this soon.

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 12:04 PM
Yeah the Japanese one does but they get the game free with the live kit in Japan. What we were told originally was that we have to pay for the game in the USA and that LIVE would cover the monthly fee. We will hopefully get to the bottom of this soon.

Bah, so far Live! hasnt interested me anyway. Ill just keep PSOin on my Cube.

I hope someone makes a game that will motivate me to take my XBOX online.....

SkyHawkX
Jan 22, 2003, 01:48 PM
I already posted this a long time ago, that same exact thread. Locking-fiend Abdur locked the thread, though.

By the way, is it so hard to believe that he has a friend at Microsoft? He was appointed Moderator by MS...

WraithAkaMrak
Jan 22, 2003, 01:50 PM
... We'll see how this "news" turns out. Doesn't really convince me of anything...

Vantamiath
Jan 22, 2003, 02:16 PM
Boid is all knowing MS fanboy. I would believe him, he leaked alot of good information about Mech Assault online.

RedFox
Jan 22, 2003, 02:19 PM
*throws xbox out of window*

sigh...

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 22, 2003, 02:31 PM
Haha X-box!

Bloodberry
Jan 22, 2003, 02:31 PM
"What we were told originally was that we have to pay for the game in the USA and that LIVE would cover the monthly fee."

well... I don't know anything about anything when it comes to xbox, but what does the live fee pay for? If the PSO servers are seperate then there probably would be a fee, servers are expensive. On the other hand, such a huge live fee, I would expect that it might cover the servers.. on the other hand, I've yet to see a mmorpg not get a monthly fee, that's sort of the bonus to making one, right? Paying customers for a looooong time? hm.

abrader
Jan 22, 2003, 02:34 PM
well... I don't know anything about anything when it comes to xbox, but what does the live fee pay for? If the PSO servers are seperate then there probably would be a fee, servers are expensive. On the other hand, such a huge live fee, I would expect that it might cover the servers.. on the other hand, I've yet to see a mmorpg not get a monthly fee, that's sort of the bonus to making one, right? Paying customers for a looooong time? hm.

Bah servers arent expensive these days. Especially with the volume pricing MS can get. Just goto Rackspace.com. I could host 4 servers(ships) for about $200/month.....

WraithAkaMrak
Jan 22, 2003, 03:26 PM
Hmm. I'd seen Boid in the Xbox groups on Usenet, and he seemed to be a decent guy.

I don't know what to believe anymore. *cries in corner*

Kalbelgarion
Jan 22, 2003, 05:38 PM
Ahh, this link, again. It's made the rounds through various XBOX and PSO message boards. And so it finally lands at PSO-World.

I'll tell you fine folks what I've told everyone else: This is ***NOT*** an official confirmation. It's just what one schlub Mod is "reporting". If you want to believe anything some low-level Microsoft employee says, then take a gander at this:

Topic: Will there be an extra fee to play Phantasy Star Online, on top of the standard XBOX Live fee?

Francisco Arenas: Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support. My name is Francisco.

Francisco Arenas: There won't be any additional charges to play online

Kal: Are you absolutely sure about that?
Francisco Arenas: Yes

So, who are you to believe? Some fellow from the official XBOX Forum? Or a Rep from the official site? Or will you, wisely, wait until there is official confirmation?

Just because a single person, who may or may not have "real" connections to Microsoft, says that there will be a monthly fee doesn't make it so.

Use a little common sense.

X-thirteen
Jan 22, 2003, 05:56 PM
why do you people listen to this moron?

Ness
Jan 22, 2003, 06:01 PM
My BS detector is telling me that somone is driving the shit moble in this topic.
It would be illogical to charge a HL and Xbox live subscritpion since PSO will be on Live servers.

EDarkness
Jan 22, 2003, 06:54 PM
I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that X-Box PSO will have a fee. It would be financial suicide for the X-Box version not have one. That would mean that the GC version would be all but dead. And if Sega really doesn't have anything to with the X-Box version then they wouldn't be making any money because a lot of the GC owners would jump ship. What would that get them? They're already walking on eggshells due to a lack of a keyboard in the States. If they really didn't care about the Cube version, then why do anything at all? Why even bother releasing more copies of the game? Why go through the trouble when they could just support the X-Box version.

-EDarkness

Blenjar
Jan 22, 2003, 07:15 PM
Well than I'm getting zelda for sure. I'll pre-order it when I get to the nereast video game store.

Ness
Jan 22, 2003, 07:38 PM
On 2003-01-22 15:54, EDarkness wrote:
I don't know why people find it so hard to believe that X-Box PSO will have a fee. It would be financial suicide for the X-Box version not have one. That would mean that the GC version would be all but dead.

You forget the fact that most people have a Gamecube OR and Xbox. Few people have both and I don't think they will spend around $300 just for free PSO.

And if Sega really doesn't have anything to with the X-Box version then they wouldn't be making any money because a lot of the GC owners would jump ship. What would that get them? They're already walking on eggshells due to a lack of a keyboard in the States.

It's ture thaat the lack of a keybaord is a detterant, but most die-hard PSO fans will use wordselect or import. I

f they really didn't care about the Cube version, then why do anything at all? Why even bother releasing more copies of the game? Why go through the trouble when they could just support the X-Box version.

I say that they do care about it. I mean they released it in the sates now didn't they so that says something. And is ST really doesn't care about PSO then why would they bother releasing the Xbox one, especailly if they are going by how well the GC one is selling.

In short, I don't think there will be a fee because it is no longer on ST servers. So there would be no reason behind the charging other then the fact that ST is a bunch of greedy bastards.

harmfulcow
Jan 22, 2003, 07:45 PM
take that you cocky xboxin pieces of...... nevermind i was about to get carried away

Rubesahl
Jan 22, 2003, 07:55 PM
I consider sine the Xbox Live subscription pays a whole year of Xbox live service, meaning that it pays for you to play live games and on use their servers, then PSO would be included in that. Now as we all know you can buy added content. PSO could probably work out like this. ST updating PSO is not for free and MS certainly can't do that for them. So there might be a fee for added content. If it's that way the I wouldn't mind paying for it since it's not like paying a strict monthly fee that of course includes server maintnence but a quest here and then? I don't think so, I'd rather pay for a quest or any other type of added content instead of the GC system. This is just a speculation though. Who knows what'll happen. I'm just going to sit back and wait for official information. My position on the subject is a wait and see approach. I suggest you all do the same before jumping to conclusions. Well I'm still waiting my JPN PSO update disk...

dvs69
Jan 22, 2003, 08:58 PM
On 2003-01-22 14:38, Kalbelgarion wrote:
Ahh, this link, again. It's made the rounds through various XBOX and PSO message boards. And so it finally lands at PSO-World.

I'll tell you fine folks what I've told everyone else: This is ***NOT*** an official confirmation. It's just what one schlub Mod is "reporting". If you want to believe anything some low-level Microsoft employee says, then take a gander at this:

Topic: Will there be an extra fee to play Phantasy Star Online, on top of the standard XBOX Live fee?

Francisco Arenas: Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Online Support. My name is Francisco.

Francisco Arenas: There won't be any additional charges to play online

Kal: Are you absolutely sure about that?
Francisco Arenas: Yes

So, who are you to believe? Some fellow from the official XBOX Forum? Or a Rep from the official site? Or will you, wisely, wait until there is official confirmation?

Just because a single person, who may or may not have "real" connections to Microsoft, says that there will be a monthly fee doesn't make it so.

Use a little common sense.

Funny thing is... I just got off with the pre-sales rep from xbox.com and it seems like your little quote is made up, if you wanted to make people happy at least have the decency to make the chat look somewhat realistc.
Question: Other than the game price for Phantasy Star Online, will there be a monthly fee on top of the $50.00 a year for the xbox live fee?

( Brian has joined )
( Michael has joined )
Michael: Hello and welcome to the Xbox Interactive Pre-sales Online Support for the U.S.A. and Canada, my name is Michael.
Michael: We don't have any information about Phantasy Star Online yet. We should have some information in a few weeks.
Brian: So the 2/25/03 release date is unconfirmed by you guys?
Michael: That's correct. We have no confirmed release date yet.
Michael: As soon as we get any information, it should be up on our website.
Brian: Alright, thank you, one last question before I go, when you do recieve information about this game would it be posted on the main page? or some small little game in the shadows. Considering your site has not covered close to nothing on Phantasy Star Online
Michael: I'm not sure. It might be on the main page since a lot of people are patiently awaiting the release.
Brian: Ok, Thanks for the info, I will be waiting and checking up for the news
Michael: You're welcome

Kalbelgarion
Jan 22, 2003, 09:33 PM
No, my conversation is not made up, and I'm offended that you would suggest such a thing. Now, here's a picture of the conversation transcript I was sent:

Screenshot here (http://home.twcny.rr.com/phantasystar/xbchat.gif)

It appears that there are two levels of chat reps. I've noticed that those who list their last names seem to be more knowledgeable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2003-01-22 18:35 ]</font>

Castoth
Jan 22, 2003, 11:47 PM
Well, if that moderator is lying over there, then he's liable to lose his position there. Mainly because of his position, his comments do hold some merit since he's not some new user spreading rumors around.

If there is an online fee, then I'm definitely switching to the GC version. Sure, it may only be a few dollars cheaper a month but it's more the principle than anything. We get crappy service for $9 a month so why pay more for the same crappy service (I mean, I doubt ST will be making more quests for either system or using the HD to it's fullest knowing them). http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Ness
Jan 23, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-01-22 18:33, Kalbelgarion wrote:
No, my conversation is not made up, and I'm offended that you would suggest such a thing. Now, here's a picture of the conversation transcript I was sent:

Screenshot here (http://home.twcny.rr.com/phantasystar/xbchat.gif)

It appears that there are two levels of chat reps. I've noticed that those who list their last names seem to be more knowledgeable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kalbelgarion on 2003-01-22 18:35 ]</font>

Ewww!! A windows 98 user! I still believe Kabelgarion because he has never lied in the past and also because it just seems pointless.