PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth it to start playing now? (PC)

Irbaboon
May 8, 2008, 06:04 PM
So I just got the game and the xpac for quite cheap and bought them for story mode mostly, and nostalgia as I used to play PSO back in its DC days.

But What I'm wondering is, is it worth it to start playing online mode at this point and time? Is there still enough of a pc-ps2 playerbase to make it fun for a new completely new player to join in, or is it already dead and just slowly rotting off the remaining hardcore fan?

amtalx
May 8, 2008, 06:40 PM
I'd give it a shot. It's not like going online is binding agreement. If you don't like it, you've only lost a couple days' lunch money. I was still having fun on PSOX when there were about ~75 people on and the PC/PS2 population is far larger than that.

Arika
May 8, 2008, 06:42 PM
I think it is worth if you can LVing fast during MAG to catch up other players.
because I think there are too few low lv players on normal period. a lot people can't find party and quit.
but at this time, most people get a chance to LV a new character. so a lot of low LV players you can find to party with.

EDIT: this event in jp is also a welcome newbies event too.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Arika on 2008-05-08 16:42 ]</font>

TecherRamen
May 8, 2008, 08:35 PM
you could think of us as having a more "intimate" community. And now is a good time to start since you can level up pretty quickly and get some decent items in the process.

Jainsea
May 8, 2008, 11:19 PM
If you choose to join online now, then welsome aboard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
Like everyone said already, you can level pretty nicely from the event going
on at the moment. Mag gibs out exp and mp like its candy, so now is a real good time
to join so you can get goodies as well http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
If you join just head to Uni 2 to find a party easier, if sure you can find one there.

AnamanaAU
May 8, 2008, 11:29 PM
I remember this thread yesterday.

Loboo
May 8, 2008, 11:29 PM
Wouldn't hurt to try it out... I'll play with you. >:}

Alecc
May 9, 2008, 02:59 AM
Totally worth it! Join us now! =)

Tetsaru
May 9, 2008, 03:42 AM
I'd say give it a shot, and if you don't like it, you don't have to come back. We'd love to have some new people join us, though! :3

And with MAG going on atm, it should be pretty easy to get your character(s) leveled. I'd be glad to help you out if I'm not pre-occupied.

Xefi
May 9, 2008, 09:30 AM
On 2008-05-09 01:42, Tetsaru wrote:
I'd say give it a shot, and if you don't like it, you don't have to come back.

Irbaboon
May 9, 2008, 12:02 PM
Thanks for the replies, I've decided to try it out.

Dragwind
May 9, 2008, 04:09 PM
Right not is probably the best time to start online. You'll be able to lvl up really fast, and make a lot of meseta. Then later on, you can already start yourself off with great gear (and some already good gear from the event itself)

Danny_Dark
May 9, 2008, 05:03 PM
You will be Member of Club "065"...