PDA

View Full Version : Good anime suggestions?(again ._.)

Chuck_Norris
May 9, 2008, 02:33 AM
So yeah, I lost the older thread I made about this, and I forget pretty much all the suggestiosn you guys made. Can ya give me more/the old suggestions? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

ThaiSoup
May 9, 2008, 05:13 AM
Favored genre's?

NPCMook
May 9, 2008, 05:58 AM
http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=173813&forum=9&76

You should venture out of the FKL once in a while Chuck http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sayara
May 9, 2008, 11:19 AM
Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (sequal of) and Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei

PhotonDrop
May 9, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'm not sure if you've ever been referred to this before or not, but Air Gear is pretty fun. Great Teacher Onizuka, too.(Again, not sure if you'd been referred to it before.)

Also Gokusen.

As soon as I can remember the name to that dang obcure mecha anime I'll post again.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PhotonDrop on 2008-05-09 09:27 ]</font>

AlexCraig
May 9, 2008, 11:31 AM
Read Cz's thread in Off-Topic, as well as her older ones (Bunny's Hideout). There are tons of suggestions there.

TalHex
May 9, 2008, 12:04 PM
shakugun no shana (sp?)
bleach
outlaw star
black lagoon
full metal panic
hyper police (its alright but i only saw the first episode because th rest got deleted by the blue screen of death!)
disageae (anime isn't too bad)

if you want manga i've got several as well

Sord
May 9, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-05-09 09:22, PhotonDrop wrote:
but Air Gear is pretty fun.

be warned, the main character is an annoying dumbass. I quit watching after 5 or so episodes because I couldn't stand him. Hadn't seen anything that bad since Blue Gender (though Blue Gender still takes the cake by a long shot for shittiest main character ever.)

I prefer Ghost in the Shell over just about any other, be it the movies, manga, or TV series. I like Serial Experiments Lain, though it's very confusing unless you understand shiloads of symbolism, and even then you may not like it. Ast has a box set of it but doesn't like it I think. Maybe I should by it from her in July as a b-day gift to myself...

Anyways, if your going for a typical generic anime that everyone knows, Bleach would be my choice. At least there isn't as many damn flashbacks as fucking Naruto.

Want some random and completely off the wall (somewhat) humorous anime? Excel Saga's some of the wackiest shit ever. If you want something with a little more substance that has some good humor try out Haré+Guu/Janguru wa Itsumo Hare nochi Gū/The Jungle Was Always Nice, Then Came Guu, the girl in it's a downright bastard to the boy, it's pretty funny. She eats anything and has a world contained in her stomach (cue walking down dirt rode in jungle and various animals just disappear.) She can also change her face automatically from a really cute one to a dull one (which she usually has on.) The boys mother is fanservice half the time. She's a complete drunkard (and always happy when drunk) and the boy always has to do the chores (but considering they live in a hut with 3 or 4 rooms in the jungle, it's not much.) I never completed it though because it lost it's humor about halfway through (they just changed it outright, not like it got old.)

Mech Anime, Eureka Seven, I personally hate Evangelion, the characters are complete dumbasses in that one. Never watched any of the Gundam anime's seriously, so I don't know about them.

If you want some blood guts and gore with some crazy nonsense, try Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni (also sequel with Kai at the end of the name.) However, in terms of anime with plenty of blood, I fucking love Hellsing, BUT ONLY THE OVAs, NOT THE TV SHOW. TV show is shit imo. The OVAs also stay very close to the original material, have good voice actors (at least the japanese ones, I forget what the english sound like, though I know they aren't bad) and the production quality is fairly high.

If you want a really artsy looking anime, try Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo. The textures in the anime mess with mah eyes.

That's all I can think of atm.

VanHalen
May 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
I only read the "Great Teacher Onizuka" mangas but if the anime is anything like them it should be good.

"Rosario + Vampire" is an actually good harem anime since the main character actually acts like he wants to be around the girls.

"Cromartie High School" is pretty similar to Gokusen but I like Chromartie a bit better.

"Kaleido Star " is a girly show but if you like flashing colors and the circus its enjoyable.

"Angelic Layer" another girly like show but its way more action packed in fighting than most shows geared towards boys.

TalHex
May 9, 2008, 02:52 PM
oh yeah then there is cowboy bebop, and if your a star ocean fan Star Ocean EX isn't too bad... it was never finished though

amtalx
May 9, 2008, 03:08 PM
Elfen Lied. Hop to it.

AlexCraig
May 9, 2008, 03:13 PM
I'll vouche for Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop. Those, I believe, are must-see's.

Nitro Vordex
May 9, 2008, 05:40 PM
Tales of Symphonia is an anime now.

Though I think everyone already knew that.

Toadthroat
May 9, 2008, 06:43 PM
Last Exile & Darker Than Black

amtalx
May 9, 2008, 07:25 PM
On 2008-05-09 15:40, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
Tales of Symphonia is an anime now.

Though I think everyone already knew that.

WTF.

<-- Didn't know that.

ThaiSoup
May 11, 2008, 05:19 AM
Texhnolyze
Fruits Basket
D.Gray Man
Claymore
Code Geass
.Hack//Roots

Theres a little list for starters, going to bed now. ;o

PhotonDrop
May 11, 2008, 10:55 AM
VANDREAD

Holy shit I haven't seen that one in forever.

Randomness
May 11, 2008, 10:58 AM
On 2008-05-11 03:19, ThaiSoup wrote:

D.Gray Man
Claymore

Seconded. Sadly, the latter one ended a while back... (even though the manga continues as far as I know)

TalHex
May 11, 2008, 12:53 PM
Claymore thirded

Wolf's rain is really good too

and then there is .hack//SIGN, its more of an anime where you either love it or hate it though

oh and you can't forget the daft punk movie ^.^ interstellar 555 FTW!

Airalean
May 11, 2008, 01:56 PM
Claymore fourthed?

Soul Eaters pretty fun to watch.