PDA

View Full Version : Disabled Access?

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 05:57 AM
Ok,I've done nothing against the ToS of PSU.. yet I sign on first thing this morning only to see on the login screen.. Your Access to Phantasy Star Universe has been temporarily Disabled.
Wtf.
I've done nothing wrong. What gives?
Is anyone else experiencing this?

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 06:17 AM
Hello? 14 of yall have viewed this, not a single one of you knows? I registered on the main forums ( or tried to, Im still waiting on the confirmation email.) to ask about it. ITs taking lonnnng. If im not back on by the end of the day, I swear ST will lose me over this. This is infuriating.
Does anyone know what it says when you get banned? Does it say disabled? Or what..?

Danny_Dark
May 9, 2008, 06:20 AM
That's maybe a Mistake by ST...

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 06:27 AM
Oooh Mistake! Wouldnt be the first time ST made a mistake. How boring. Do something new ST! Like delete my account. Assholes.

EMPYREAN
May 9, 2008, 06:29 AM
beats me.
im still in a pending cansel so i dont know what is going on in this game any longer.

but did u get any error number or was it only a text?

Indica
May 9, 2008, 06:30 AM
Try this - Log into http://www.playsega.com and check out the status and see if it's part of that Billing Goofup that's going on

RegulusHikari
May 9, 2008, 06:35 AM
On 2008-05-09 04:30, Indica wrote:
Try this - Log into http://www.playsega.com and check out the status and see if it's part of that Billing Goofup that's going on

Yeah, it sounds like they are in the process of fixing his account.

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 06:40 AM
Do yall know if PLAYSEGA.com interacts with the Xbox 360 players?

Cybuster
May 9, 2008, 07:10 AM
There has been mantenience today, so maybe beacuse of that you weren´t able to login

NikkiC
May 9, 2008, 07:22 AM
I opened this topic expecting a complaint about PSU not being wheelchair accessible or something.

On topic, if the problem persists, you could try emailing Sega, explain your account is locked and you don't know why and blah.

darthplagis
May 9, 2008, 07:56 AM
thats the msg i got when i got banned for grinder glitch.

have you been a naughty boy?

i imagine playsega and xbl operate differently as we xbox players dont need a playsega account.

check your emails and see if your card is in decline, this can also give this msg.

but i ask again.

have you been naughty? booting ppl at boss boxes? finding new glitches? scamming ppl on uni 1? im not saying you have but all of the above are things that can lead to account being disabled

Traize
May 9, 2008, 07:57 AM
I opened this topic HOPING for a complaint about wheelchair access...

Still, the idea has amused me enough to last the day!

Rayokarna
May 9, 2008, 08:00 AM
On 2008-05-09 05:22, NikkiC wrote:
I opened this topic expecting a complaint about PSU not being wheelchair accessible or something.

lmao XD

Sekani
May 9, 2008, 08:15 AM
You got banned, son. You're gonna have to contact Sega support to find out why.

For the record, 100% of people who got banned and claimed they never did anything turned out to be liars.

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 09:56 AM
This forum and yall are truly a waste of my time, half of you didnt even say anything relevant to the topic. I have been playing this game for over a year now, I play with a good group of people and I treat others with the respect that I want to be treated with. I ask a question and all I get from yall ( with the exception of a couple of you) is your snotty little comments and jokes. Thanks for the help guys. You're such a great forum! Truly better than the official PSU forum.

AlMcFly
May 9, 2008, 10:11 AM
On 2008-05-09 07:56, Aries2384 wrote:
This forum and yall are truly a waste of my time, half of you didnt even say anything relevant to the topic. I have been playing this game for over a year now,

You've been playing for over a year and you are still surprised that every post wasn't relevant?

I play with a good group of people and I treat others with the respect that I want to be treated with. I ask a question and all I get from yall ( with the exception of a couple of you) is your snotty little comments and jokes.

We don't know you from Adam. Nobody here has "disrespected" you (aside from maybe me now). Besides, you aren't going to earn respect here by posting another BAAAW post.

Thanks for the help guys. You're such a great forum! Truly better than the official PSU forum.

Your welcome! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

relentless
May 9, 2008, 10:18 AM
This forum and yall are truly a waste of my time, half of you didnt even say anything relevant to the topic. I have been playing this game for over a year now, I play with a good group of people and I treat others with the respect that I want to be treated with. I ask a question and all I get from yall ( with the exception of a couple of you) is your snotty little comments and jokes. Thanks for the help guys. You're such a great forum! Truly better than the official PSU forum.

Take it easy, kthx.

Maybe ST did a mistake, that's possible, might just contact them as stated above I think.
And you know that these kind of posts are irrelevant themselves and thus resulting for a continuous off-topic.

Atomic646
May 9, 2008, 12:34 PM
On 2008-05-09 05:56, darthplagis wrote:
thats the msg i got when i got banned for grinder glitch.

have you been a naughty boy?

i imagine playsega and xbl operate differently as we xbox players dont need a playsega account.

check your emails and see if your card is in decline, this can also give this msg.

but i ask again.

have you been naughty? booting ppl at boss boxes? finding new glitches? scamming ppl on uni 1? im not saying you have but all of the above are things that can lead to account being disabled

You can't get banned for boss box booting.... Also I think I read it some where that you can't get banned for scamming (via trade) as it's the persons fault for not paying attention, but i'm not sure.

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:06 PM
Well now that I've calmed down a bit. I still continue my vigilance that I've done nothing wrong. ( only two things I CAN think of would be Leaving a message titled "Shlut" on my friends BB, of which I do all the time. and two Making a party name "Supa Shlutty runs". beyond that.. i dunno.) I apologize for my outburst but to defend myself, it didnt start out as a "Baaaaah" thread. It started out as a pretty straightforward question. You should re-read it. Btw, has anyone here ever called that 1-800Sega number? Good lord. Its COMPLETELY automated. You don't even get a choice to talk to a living representative. Sheesh.

AlMcFly
May 9, 2008, 01:14 PM
On 2008-05-09 11:06, Aries2384 wrote:
Well now that I've calmed down a bit. I still continue my vigilance that I've done nothing wrong. ( only two things I CAN think of would be Leaving a message titled "Shlut" on my friends BB, of which I do all the time. and two Making a party name "Supa Shlutty runs". beyond that.. i dunno.) I apologize for my outburst but to defend myself, it didnt start out as a "Baaaaah" thread. It started out as a pretty straightforward question. You should re-read it. Btw, has anyone here ever called that 1-800Sega number? Good lord. Its COMPLETELY automated. You don't even get a choice to talk to a living representative. Sheesh.

1. Sega does make mistakes. Bad words are not the reason you got banned. I type at least 5 bad words a day not only in the forums but while playing online and I've never been banned. Just wait for their response. Sega always tells the person the direct reason they were banned. I've had many friends banned.

2. Your defense is worthless. "I apologize for my outburst but to defend myself, it didnt start out as a "Baaaaah" thread." You reread what I wrote. Never wrote anything about you "starting" the "thread" as a baaaw thread. I typed "Baaaw post". Since I was referring to one post, and you are defending a baaw thread attack, your defense is thrown out due to irrelevance. Sorry, still isn't justified big guy. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:19 PM
Grr Mcfly, I understand your line of thought and upon rereading your post I see your point. >< Anyway. So they really do tell you the reason for banning? I figured they'd just say "You have violated the ToS, thank you for your understanding. Kthxbye." I guess thats comforting.

AlMcFly
May 9, 2008, 01:29 PM
On 2008-05-09 11:19, Aries2384 wrote:
Grr Mcfly, I understand your line of thought and upon rereading your post I see your point. >< Anyway. So they really do tell you the reason for banning? I figured they'd just say "You have violated the ToS, thank you for your understanding. Kthxbye." I guess thats comforting.

Yah. A friend of mine got banned without warning then he sent a message to Sega asking why. About a day or so later they replied with something like "You were involved in the theft of items from another character". He was dumbfounded but asked them to review the logs to see if he actually was aware that he was involved in such a thing. They reviewed and a few days later they reactivated his account saying that "A week before, you held onto some items for someone who was creating a new account. It just so happens that the person in question hacked and stole the items from another, and had you hold onto them making you an accessory. We have reviewed though and found that you were completely unaware of his act."

So yah, may take a week but you may come back if you really are free from guilt.

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:32 PM
Really? Interesting. I'm going over and over everything that I've done in the last couple days. When you say it like that, it really could be anything. Odd. I havent taken items from anyone. I've lent some stuff to my buddy but other than that. I havent taken anything. Blah. I hate the waiting. Off to check my email again.

HoLyFiNcH
May 9, 2008, 03:53 PM
the funny thing is, the only time youve been on, youve only spammed c runs like everyone else thats shooting for the leaderboards, and you havnt done anything else besides that really. and you were with me for most of those runs (which have just been over a period of 2 weeks)..yet i dont you recall you ever doing anyting against the ToS as well. we've just been our usual selves spamming runs...yet i didnt get banned, but you did? (if thats what it is)..it must have been a mess up from ST. you can expect that from them. btw ur on the leaderboards still...and im thinking that if u got perm banned, you probably would be wiped off of it by now...

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah well.. I'm pretty sure that ST is damned lazy. They don't delete people who have been inactive for more than 3 months. ST is pretty slow when it comes to that stuff. Doesnt matter though, even if I stayed banned and on the leaderboards, by the end of the event, I'd be off the leaderboards. They dont even have to lift their lazy fingers.

Reginaldo
May 9, 2008, 08:44 PM
This happened to me in January, turns out that whoever was supposed to be banned had a similiar account number to mine. They took until March to figure this all out and unban me.

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 08:47 PM
On 2008-05-09 18:44, Reginaldo wrote:
This happened to me in January, turns out that whoever was supposed to be banned had a similiar account number to mine. They took until March to figure this all out and unban me.

Whaaaaat? Ew. My sympathies to you on that. Sure hope it doesn't take that long. Dang. Did they compensate you at all? That is very rude. Did you stay paying for your account the entire time?

Syl
May 9, 2008, 09:18 PM
On 2008-05-09 18:47, Aries2384 wrote:

On 2008-05-09 18:44, Reginaldo wrote:

Whaaaaat? Ew. My sympathies to you on that. Sure hope it doesn't take that long. Dang. Did they compensate you at all? That is very rude. Did you stay paying for your account the entire time?

Same thing happened to me too (not sure if it was under the same circumstances), cept it took them up until April to fix mine.

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 10:11 PM
Are you kidding me? I didn't think the mistaken banning was as widespread as I'm finding out it was. Did they compensate yall at all? Did you continue paying for your account while you couldn't play? What a load! Now I'm really worried.

Kinako78
May 10, 2008, 09:16 AM
I've never been banned, but I doubt they'd take money from you after you were banned.

jayster
May 10, 2008, 09:43 AM

it's simple, you were banned. Do you expect us to unbann you or something? Go to sega, file a ticket and see what happens.

and as an add on. If they unbanned the grinder glitchers, I'm sure they'll unbann you sooner or later. Most likely you upset someone and they lied about you to Sega and got you banned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-05-10 07:46 ]</font>

darthplagis
May 10, 2008, 10:27 AM
sega actually asked for people to report party leaders who boot at rares and boss boxes. so yes atomic646 you can be banned for booting.

Aries2384
May 10, 2008, 10:17 PM
On 2008-05-10 07:43, jayster wrote:

it's simple, you were banned. Do you expect us to unbann you or something? Go to sega, file a ticket and see what happens.

and as an add on. If they unbanned the grinder glitchers, I'm sure they'll unbann you sooner or later. Most likely you upset someone and they lied about you to Sega and got you banned.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-05-10 07:46 ]</font>

Actually Jayster, (now that I've calmed down..oh.. a day ago) I asked if anyone knew what the term "Disabled Access" meant, then what ensued was a rash of useless and trolling posts. Then I got some useful posts after i smacked myself and calmed down. Your post is unnecessary. No I don't expect yall to get me unbanned. On an added note, I was not aware that the grinder glitchers were allowed their original account back.
On another side note, thanks for giving me the benefit of the doubt on the "Someone got upset and lied about you to sega" thought. I'm pretty sure thats the case. Oh well. Anyway, I've gleaned all the info I need from this thread, if a mod reads this, please lock and/or delete.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aries2384 on 2008-05-10 20:21 ]</font>