PDA

View Full Version : Battle: Onmagoug on Neudaiz, Absolute Zero, and S3 missions.

Yusaku_Kudou
May 9, 2008, 12:27 PM
Remember the Onmagoug fight on Neudaiz mission from 1UP? That was a really cool looking stage for fighting him. I'm a bit rusty on my Neudaiz missions, but I'm pretty sure that level wasn't in any other mission.

And here's a no-brainer, release Absolute Zero online already. It's a challenging mission with a lot of enemies and even regular PSU players could do runs on it. And maybe I'm in the minority, but how about seeing some S3s for older missions? Sealab could make a comeback, update the drops, etc. At least the difficulty level would be up-to-date with the AOTI missions.

AlMcFly
May 9, 2008, 12:32 PM
I agree that some very easy tweaks and reskins of older missions will be fine enough released in large quantity. They would take relatively no time to do yet Sega is not that big on releasing many stages at the same time. It gets very slow waiting for one new stage every month (or potentially every two months which has happened).

Current trend: Once a month release a new stage that is ran once or twice then forgotten along with a few new weapons that are overall useless aside from MAYBE one. Eh, whatever...

Atomic646
May 9, 2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah, S3 would be nice

Astarin
May 9, 2008, 12:40 PM
Wasn't the 1up Onmagoug battle just in the regular, Demon's Above arena?

Cathbar
May 9, 2008, 12:44 PM
No, the Onmagoug fight in the 1up event was actually a fight from Ep1. If I'm not mistaken, it was right before you infiltrate 1 of the CoG's old labs (or something close to that) to try and find Kerran.

Yusaku_Kudou
May 9, 2008, 12:50 PM
On 2008-05-09 10:44, Cathbar wrote:
No, the Onmagoug fight in the 1up event was actually a fight from Ep1. If I'm not mistaken, it was right before you infiltrate 1 of the CoG's old labs (or something close to that) to try and find Kerran.

Yes, that's something I was thinking, too, but we don't have this cool arena in an online mission. I specifically remember how pretty [for lack of a better word] the lightning effects stood out in this dark stage.

JAFO22000
May 9, 2008, 12:54 PM
The 1up Onma battle used the stage from Eastern Peril, an online party mission.

And, screw "S3" missions, why don't they make "T" missions?

Yusaku_Kudou
May 9, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-05-09 10:54, JAFO22000 wrote:
The 1up Onma battle used the stage from Eastern Peril, an online party mission.

And, screw "S3" missions, why don't they make "T" missions?

Well okay, whatever, the equivalent to S2. Or just redo the level requirements and enemy levels for the current difficulties.

chu-chu-chu
May 9, 2008, 01:08 PM
T missions?!

Whoah. first i heard of them. COOL

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:09 PM
I liked both of the Onmagoug battle stages "Demons Above" And "Eastern Peril". Mostly Eastern Peril because its raining. I like rain. Woo.. I still think if they added Night and Day cycles to this game itd be cool. Maybe random weather. Anyway. S3's would be cool, but arent the new S2's coming out starting at a minmum of lvl 100?

Mr_Confused
May 9, 2008, 01:17 PM
Isnt absolute zero already in the game AKA: caves of ice?

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:21 PM
Aren't they refering to Absolute Zero as in the chilly sister to Fire Break? The one where instead of getting a photon eraser, you get a photon Reflector. Yay! Weaponized satllite dishes!

Yusaku_Kudou
May 9, 2008, 01:22 PM
On 2008-05-09 11:17, Mr_Confused wrote:
Isnt absolute zero already in the game AKA: caves of ice?

Not quite as challenging and it's in the caves. Absolute Zero has that creepy music and it looks crazy.

On 2008-05-09 11:21, Aries2384 wrote:
Aren't they refering to Absolute Zero as in the chilly sister to Fire Break? The one where instead of getting a photon eraser, you get a photon Reflector. Yay! Weaponized satllite dishes!

No, do you have any progress in Extra Mode? Go to Moatoob and select Absolute Zero from the launch base (60+ requirement). It's straight up fighting wave after wave, none of the photon reflector business.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Yusaku_Kudou on 2008-05-09 11:26 ]</font>

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:28 PM
OOOOOH that! Yeah that was in story mode too right? You have defeat 300 seed infected creatures or something like that?

NeoTeppin
May 9, 2008, 01:31 PM
Absolute Zero was a freakin crazy mission that would be probably another run of the mill mission if they brought it online. It would be kind of like MAG in the fact that everyone would do it for a while, realize its just more of the same, and stop after a bit. But due to the fact that u fight 300 monsters there would always be people doing it just for the experience. Now if u really want a challenging level, do Absolute zero with only deljaban all lvl 140+, and try not to die more then 10 times. Vijieri/resist FTW

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 01:34 PM
On 2008-05-09 11:31, NeoTeppin wrote:
Absolute Zero was a freakin crazy mission that would be probably another run of the mill mission if they brought it online. It would be kind of like MAG in the fact that everyone would do it for a while, realize its just more of the same, and stop after a bit. But due to the fact that u fight 300 monsters there would always be people doing it just for the experience. Now if u really want a challenging level, do Absolute zero with only deljaban all lvl 140+, and try not to die more then 10 times. Vijieri/resist FTW

De Colte Line ftw? I think it'd be worst of the threw wave after wave of Lvl 160 Vanda's at us. Thatd be bad. They are really mean at higher lvls. O_o

hewitt
May 9, 2008, 02:05 PM
Anyone have pictures of Absolute Zero? Now im interested http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

PALRAPPYS
May 9, 2008, 02:07 PM
I don't know about you guys... but I think they may be planning another expansion sometime soon.

I am not sure why, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Aries2384
May 9, 2008, 02:47 PM
Because theyre running out of stars? The next expansion! PSU: Back to Zero! Everyone gets wiped and we all have to start over again! That way they don't have to add more stars! Just release the same items, spelled backwards! Dnaw ohcysP here I come!

hewitt
May 9, 2008, 08:03 PM
...lol

amtalx
May 9, 2008, 08:14 PM
On 2008-05-09 12:07, PALRAPPYS wrote:
I don't know about you guys... but I think they may be planning another expansion sometime soon.

I am not sure why, though. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Because they said we are getting up to 15* items, yet the data for them is not in AoI. Since PS2 players had to ruin the party by not having downloads of any reasonable size, we all get to buy the next expansion with the remaining item data that was promised in AoI.

BFGfreak
May 9, 2008, 09:20 PM
Well I see the solution: Ditch the PS2. Seventh generation consoles FTW!!!!!!

Arika
May 9, 2008, 09:50 PM
On 2008-05-09 11:09, Aries2384 wrote:
I liked both of the Onmagoug battle stages "Demons Above" And "Eastern Peril". Mostly Eastern Peril because its raining. I like rain. Woo.. I still think if they added Night and Day cycles to this game itd be cool. Maybe random weather. Anyway. S3's would be cool, but arent the new S2's coming out starting at a minmum of lvl 100?

actually the first 2 moatoob mission (system defend and the dimma one) has random weather.

mvffin
May 9, 2008, 10:12 PM
On 2008-05-09 19:20, BFGfreak wrote:
Well I see the solution: Ditch the PS2. Seventh generation consoles FTW!!!!!!

They'll never do that. a LOT of jp server players use PS2's. those of us who play better versions of PSU(PC, 360) will continue be dragged down by the ps2's limitations.