PDA

View Full Version : MAG Force help!!!!!!!!!

Akio
May 9, 2008, 10:23 PM
kk i love soloing this mission, the only problem is that when i get to that one room in the mines with all the orga and grass assassins, i get slaughterd. any advice to solo this. also where are all the badges, ive done like 3 runs and seen 0 badges (btw mines were as far as i got.)

pikachief
May 9, 2008, 10:29 PM
Theres 4 in each area.

the ones in the caves is in the beggining u get to that one spot where u need 2 people.

The ones in the forest is in a secrete room at the very end.

the ones in mines is at the very end of mines where u need 2 people for the switch.

Akio
May 9, 2008, 10:41 PM
ok, but arent they supposed to drop from enemies too? and ty btw

Randomness
May 9, 2008, 10:45 PM
No, they don't drop from enemies. In Forest, in the last room, run through the wall opposite the Caves entrance. The only other soloable badge drops are in the end boxes.

Phoenix148
May 9, 2008, 10:46 PM
nope just in the boxs in the secret areas mentioned before

Akio
May 9, 2008, 10:55 PM
ok now for the main question, as a fortetecher, how do i take this mission solo, using 10 scapes of course. and ty for the replies.

Shou
May 9, 2008, 11:08 PM
Don't solo it.

Too hard to solo as a FT for it to be worth it
Little to no badges when soloing

Just... play with others.

R2D6battlebot
May 9, 2008, 11:41 PM
Yeah, its definitely best to just party with people, it will take a lot less time to finish runs, meaning more exp, MP, money, items, and Badges for everyone.

furrypaws
May 9, 2008, 11:55 PM
It is soloable. I play it as a Acro, but she mainly uses techs and cards anyways.

My main advice is to stay back. This shouldn't be too difficult if your spells are at least halfway decent (11-21). And, never, never stay in the same spot for more than a spell or two. You'll either be casting your third spell and get killed by Vanda foie spam, or a Grass Assassin will hit you with that orb thingy and paralyze you, and you'll get foie spammed.

A card thrower will be very handy for this mission. Like, I would highly reccomend you go and buy one now. They allow you to attack and move at the same time. I would either reccomend Light, since the only light creatures in the map are rappies, or thunder, to have a better handle on those pesky Vandas

Pick up an NPC before this. I'd reccomend Ash, because he likes to get in the enemies faces more, but Rupika can do nice damage with her spells. It's up to you, but don't go it 100% alone. Since you are a Fortetecher, I'd reccomend Rupika anyways, for the chances at the Ruins drops.

One last thing. If you can, kill the Grass Assassin in the very beginning. It will stop you from randomly getting paralyzed and suffering from countless deaths, but if it's too risky, don't bother.

Remember to take heart and have patience. You can't go gungho when you don't have another guardian to distract the monsters. Plus, Foretechers can barely take a few hits. This will require much effort, and you will be very slow, but if you try hard enough, you can do it.

And from soloing experience, you only need that extra room in the Forest to get an S rank. Nothing else, which means this mission is soloable with an S rank. Enjoy.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: furrypaws on 2008-05-09 21:56 ]</font>

Akio
May 10, 2008, 12:01 AM
how do i get rupika to join my party. and thanks ill take the info to heart. i prefer soloing and am glad this event is soloable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

ashley50
May 10, 2008, 12:04 AM
On 2008-05-09 22:01, Akio wrote:
how do i get rupika to join my party. and thanks ill take the info to heart. i prefer soloing and am glad this event is soloable http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

before you get to the Block 2 of caves...you should see a a door to your right...<Rupika>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-05-09 22:05 ]</font>

Akio
May 10, 2008, 12:57 AM
Well to any who are interested, i found a way to take that room in the caves. i partially credit furry paws for this one(confusion cards are what sparked the idea). basically get ramegid (31+best) and diga (any lvl, it pwns all the time anyway) on a high powered wand and get a shadoog with resta/giresta and reverser if you want(and har/me quick is also useful)
. playing it safe is the key, but between the wands speed and the confusion the orgas wont know what to do. it was great thanks for all your replies and suggestions.

NikkiC
May 10, 2008, 01:08 AM
If you want to be cheap about it, you can run around the circle thingy in the middle, it'll make at least some of them get stuck on it. You can't actually make any techs go through the circle thingy but there's two ways around it, one is to stand a little further away from the inside of the circle and aim your ra- techs near the monsters, not actually at them and it'll still hit them, or my preferred method, which is to stand on the opposite side of where everything is, close enough to the circle so they can't throw their fireballs through it, and use Noszonde for some amusing banana shots. I didn't explain very well, but if you have Noszonde you can fill in the blanks with the power of imagination.

furrypaws
May 10, 2008, 08:58 AM
On 2008-05-09 23:08, NikkiC wrote:
If you want to be cheap about it, you can run around the circle thingy in the middle, it'll make at least some of them get stuck on it. You can't actually make any techs go through the circle thingy but there's two ways around it, one is to stand a little further away from the inside of the circle and aim your ra- techs near the monsters, not actually at them and it'll still hit them, or my preferred method, which is to stand on the opposite side of where everything is, close enough to the circle so they can't throw their fireballs through it, and use Noszonde for some amusing banana shots. I didn't explain very well, but if you have Noszonde you can fill in the blanks with the power of imagination.

The dangerous thing about that strategy is often times, a Grass Assassin will come out of nowhere and trap you in it as well, and you won't be able to get out quickly enough.

Surprisingly, my setup is similar. I have a card thrower with light PA (simply because I have no other light weapons or techs) and a wand with Ramegid and Dammegid (for the rappies). It works quite well. Then, in another hand, I have an earth whip, which if I'm feelng daring enough, has a slight chance to silence some of the enemies, and it's along with a tech mag with zonde and gizonde. Zonde casts incredibly quick, and it's good against Vahras.

I also keep a set of traps if I ever need to make a quick getaway, but I'm not sure if Fortetechers can use any form of the ice trap (although all provoke a recoil, so they all could work).

jayster
May 10, 2008, 09:38 AM
hit the buffed vanda orgas with noszonde from a distance and use diga/ nosdiga on the grass assassin.

Cathbar
May 10, 2008, 03:46 PM
Noszonde the only tech that can go through the circle in the middle of the room. It's kinda funny ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cathbar on 2008-05-10 13:47 ]</font>

Gen2000
May 10, 2008, 04:46 PM
Nosdiga Grass Assassin as soon as it spawns, should easily die from Nosdiga.
Snipe Orges off with Nozonde while using the middle circle as cover from their Foie if you're a coward.
Equip fire armor and stand between them and Gizonde the shit out of em if you're hardcore. Risky if you don't know what you're doing but kills them much faster.