PDA

View Full Version : Questions about single claw PA

ErtaiClou
May 11, 2008, 12:45 AM
Hey guys, so I finally got a hold of my own silence claw and gave it to my hunter. Great, looks kewl and all, but before I can rock I need a PA. I bought the first one from the shop, Shousen Totsuzan-ga, and all I know is I don't really like it. I don't even know if it gets better. I know Tonnio has Senten Kanzan-ga, but is that good for one enemy while Bukuu Saien-zan for multiple? Thanks in advance for the input.

stukasa
May 11, 2008, 01:10 AM
I can't speak for Senten but Bukuu is good at hitting multiple enemies. I don't know how often you get one-hit kills with the Silence Claw but with Megid and Killer Shot the incapacitate SE is really only useful on robots and maybe small critters.

Libram
May 11, 2008, 01:15 AM
I haven't used Bukuu yet, so I can't give you any feedback on that Skill. As for the other two, Shousen is great for concentrated power right in front of you, especially if your target has more than one target. The second part of the combo is just too impressive. Problem is the move doesn't have very much range on it. You need your target to be somewhat close. Senten addresses that by giving you more range with the first part, especially with the forward flip and slash. The initial part is also stronger than Shousen's start up, and it hits in a much wider range. The second hit is even stronger, but you don't travel very far when you use it and need some experience with it before you can properly aim and connect to hit as many targets as you can with that single hit. Overall I'd say Shousen will probably deal a tad more damage in less range while Senten is better for mobility and landing quick damage.

stukasa
May 11, 2008, 01:22 AM
Another thing to consider is the number of hits. Silence Claw doesn't exactly do good damage and it has terrible accuracy. That means the more hits you can do, the better chance of getting one-hit KOs, right?

ErtaiClou
May 11, 2008, 01:38 AM
O ok I wasn't aware of that. I thought maybe I would try this claw out and see how I liked them from there. Then if I ever need to go AF it could be something I already have handy. I found a youtube clip of Bukuu Saien-zan in action in a level. The others just show the combos attacking air. Bukuu does look like something that can deal with mobs and minibosses with multiple targets, given the wind up time. O, and does the stun on Senten Kanzan-ga occur pretty often?

Zorafim
May 11, 2008, 02:18 AM
I'm not going to pretend I know what each one is called, so I'll post them by date of release.

The store bought one is actually best for the Silence Claw. It hits huge number of times, and against multiple targets, so it's great for applying the status effect. I don't know if you'd want it for anything else, though.

The first frag PA is best for damage against a single enemy. I love using it as acrofighter as my damage PA. Its output is fairly impressive since it's been boosted.

The second frag PA is great against a group. Its damage is still there, and its AoE is pretty nice. It has the Rising Strike effect of spreading enemies around, so watch out for that.

FUNKO
May 11, 2008, 03:34 AM
guy i need your help on single mode PC i cant past EP2 chapter9 that very ennoying me i can t catch the kid as anyway any one know the trick about which swich that i have to open

relentless
May 11, 2008, 03:43 AM
On 2008-05-11 01:34, FUNKO wrote:
guy i need your help on single mode PC i cant past EP2 chapter9 that very ennoying me i can t catch the kid as anyway any one know the trick about which swich that i have to open

Off-Topic, wrong thread, check spelling next time kthx, but here you go, better thank Ryna http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif :

On 2008-05-09 13:39, Ryna wrote:
Are you talking about this mission?
http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=149387&forum=22&3

Neith
May 11, 2008, 10:52 AM
Shousen Totsuzan-ga is alright, if you can be bothered leveling it. I had it at Lv35 (before accidently leaving it on a character I was deleting), and it was nice. I used it with a Zanshu-Misaki/Daiga-Misaki, and the SE applied fairly often using this PA.

Senten Kanzan-ga is a quick PA that does relatively nice damage. The last part hits hard, and knocks enemies back. For a Silence Claw, I'd avoid it though. The whole PA is only 3 hits, so the SE likely won't trigger much.

Bukuu Saien-zan I found to be a decent PA for an Acrofighter. For other jobs, there are far better AoE PA's (Dus Robado, Tornado Break). The main problem with Bukuu is that a lot of the time, you'll knock enemies out of the range of the second part. The damage isn't bad, but again, doesn't compare to other AoE PA's. For a Silence Claw, it might be worth considering- as it hits all-round you. Considering that the only things you'll be incapacitating will be robots and small enemies though, I'm not sure its worth it. Plus, the PP cost isn't exactly low.

I'll be honest, I don't love any of the single claw PA's, but I like the regular animation. I tend to use Shousen for SE application and Senten for damage. I only really use Bukuu if I go aF, and even then i don't use it often.