PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was awesome...

Chuck_Norris
May 11, 2008, 05:42 PM
I had to get up at 6 in the morning to go to a Karate Tournament. I totally goofed up in the first division, 2nd was OK, but they have this fucking retarded scoring system that bases your score off the first person who went up. We had this guy who was almost black belt go first, so basicly, none of us stood a chance.

Then when we got into Sparing, I did pretty good. I had to fight a guy lower than
me, and these two Red Belt brothers (one of them being the guy who went first in the 2nd division). I crushed the first guy, then I fought one of the brothers....I somehow beat him, and got into the last round aganst his brother.

I SHOULD of won that fight, but the score keeper goofed up, and actually lost one of my points (as in, didn't write it down, even when the reff said I got that point). So, because I lost that point, the guy beat me. So, after that, I talked to my Sensei(my teacher, to those who don't know what it means) and he saw that too. All the other compeditors saw it too >>

But instead of giving me the point I should of had, they had us fight again, first point wins. Of course, he got the first point, and I lost. Although it wasn't a total lose. I got 2nd place, and since I beat the first red belt, one of my friends got into 3rd.

So, on our way home, my mom stopped ad Taco Bell. She went inside while I waited in the car...After about half an hour of waiting, I went inside to check on her. She was just coming out. But since I was so tired from waking up so early, I had locked the car before going inside. And....the keys were in the car....So we had to call a lockpick to come, it cost like 40 bucks for him to open the door, and the car was on the whole time. So that wasted like 20 other dollars of gas...Suprizingly, my Parents weren't too mad about it(thankfully). But it was still a real drag...So, yeah, yesterday was the best day ever. :/

VanHalen
May 11, 2008, 06:11 PM
Chuck Norris doesn't settle for 2nd place >:U! *Roundhouse kicks*

Though when I was younger I made a mistake like that once in a White Castle parking lot. I too...locked the keys in the car http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif.

Chuck_Norris
May 11, 2008, 06:16 PM
On 2008-05-11 16:11, VanHalen wrote:

It's hard to win when the score keeper is ran by a guy from Sega. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Randomness
May 11, 2008, 06:32 PM
Incidentally, how many roundhouses did you get to dish out?

Chuck_Norris
May 11, 2008, 06:56 PM
On 2008-05-11 16:32, Randomness wrote:
Incidentally, how many roundhouses did you get to dish out?

Well, I'm not all that good at a full roundhouse in real life. I prefer a quick front foot roundhouse. I did about maybe 30 of those. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

SStrikerR
May 11, 2008, 08:12 PM
^Oh hell if I could learn to roundhouse kick better I'm definately learning karate. I like using my feets as fists.

Sord
May 11, 2008, 08:15 PM
I don't care to much for kicking, punches are more my thing. I just haven't worked at kicks enough to do it without leaving horrible weak points (wether it be something in the kick itself or dropping my guard in order to balance.)

Chuck_Norris
May 11, 2008, 08:42 PM
On 2008-05-11 18:15, Sord wrote:
I don't care to much for kicking, punches are more my thing. I just haven't worked at kicks enough to do it without leaving horrible weak points (wether it be something in the kick itself or dropping my guard in order to balance.)

Heh, the trick is to do a kick fast enough, so you don't need to keep your balance for more than a second.

TalHex
May 11, 2008, 08:52 PM
kicking is my style, front, round-house, side, crescent, front, hook, back, knee strike, side again, axe kick!

Sord
May 11, 2008, 08:57 PM
On 2008-05-11 18:42, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2008-05-11 18:15, Sord wrote:

Heh, the trick is to do a kick fast enough, so you don't need to keep your balance for more than a second.

except when your moving fast, it also becomes harder to balance because your body has more momentum moving around. plus there's the issue of accuracy. It basically just boils down to me needing to practice. However, I don't take martial arts seriously, I just spar with a friend every now and then. I haven't had a real class since middle school.

VanHalen
May 11, 2008, 09:29 PM
On 2008-05-11 16:16, Chuck_Norris wrote:

On 2008-05-11 16:11, VanHalen wrote:

It's hard to win when the score keeper is ran by a guy from Sega. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I laughed way harder than I should have.