PDA

View Full Version : PSU: Master classes effect on acro classes

Darius_Drake
May 13, 2008, 11:40 AM
I am anxious for the master classes to be released so I can try out the fighmaster class, but at the same time I am a little worried about what could happen to the acro classes. One of my other characters is an acrotecher and I enjoy buffing and debuffing and using spells like giresta too much to accept the support spell nerf the masterforce will give you. The ability of the masterforce to use level 50 attack spells seems to have everyone I know talking about switching. Some of the techers I know have already stopped using som of their buffs as they anticipate the new class. I was curious to know what others thought about this. I hope that ST releases the spells rentis and dizas to reward those who decide to pass up the power of higher level attack spells in order to keep their ability to support.

daniel_drago
May 13, 2008, 11:50 AM
This has been discussed countless times. People will choose to swap while others wont. People like to be and have support so there will be people staying as Acrotecher.

The master classes are fairly balanced, Fighmaster is a heavy Acrofighter. While Masterforce is a central nuking force, Fortecher being the all rounder and acrotecher being the quick support.

I have a lot of doubt that Dizas and Rentis will be released, although they seem to be 'useful' I believe they can only take 3 hits before being totally nulified. which in all honesty is nothing when you have enemies spammng attacks such as damfoie or even Vil's spinning attack.

chu-chu-chu
May 13, 2008, 11:58 AM
i think that their broken and i am sad becuase my favorite class will be uselss

GRRRR ST!

daniel_drago
May 13, 2008, 12:07 PM
On 2008-05-13 09:58, chu-chu-chu wrote:
i think that their broken and i am sad becuase my favorite class will be uselss

GRRRR ST!

what class would that be? I do see understand that these classes seem 'broken' but they do have a lot of negatives.
1) lack of armor choice, atm.
2) 3-4 weapons fighmaster can't use handguns rendering them useless in certain situations, Masterforce and Gun master lack melee again rendering them useless at certain points.
3)PP is almost double that of a 'standard' type. (i believe its double don't quote me lol.

They don't even have the best stats they have close but no the best, they gain their bonus by the extra 10% (again im not totaly sure) they gain on PA's from 41-50.

Kylie
May 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
Not everyone is going to switch to a master class. For example, I have no intention to try FM on my beast because I don't have any interest in the weapon selection on it, and I'm sure other people have similar thoughts when it comes to MF and support. And honestly, I think MF will take more from fT than it will AT because fT is more so about attack spells than AT is. Either way, I don't think any class will become extinct due to master classes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-05-13 10:29 ]</font>

Darius_Drake
May 13, 2008, 12:28 PM
On 2008-05-13 09:50, daniel_drago wrote:
This has been discussed countless times. People will choose to swap while others wont. People like to be and have support so there will be people staying as Acrotecher.

The master classes are fairly balanced, Fighmaster is a heavy Acrofighter. While Masterforce is a central nuking force, Fortecher being the all rounder and acrotecher being the quick support.

I have a lot of doubt that Dizas and Rentis will be released, although they seem to be 'useful' I believe they can only take 3 hits before being totally nulified. which in all honesty is nothing when you have enemies spammng attacks such as damfoie or even Vil's spinning attack.

I hope you are right about players not completely leaving classes like Acrotecher. I thought there would still be those that would stay Fortetecher, but was unsure about Acrotecher. I see your point about Dizas and Rentis only protecting for 3 hits, but it would still be nice to have. I still think for some it would be useful, maybe not so much for a Fortefighter with their unreal amount of HP, but other classes might find that useful. In some cases it could be the difference between life and death if you get caught up in a combo from some of the bigger creatures. A three hit combo from a Shinowa (I think) could be fatal to some classes, and with these spells you would be just fine. For the magic resistance we have all at a double fireball from a vanda orga at some point. Again this could be fatal for some classes, but with the spell they will not take any damage and still have another hit protection. It won't work for Damfoie, but if it worked for everything it would be broken. It still seems useful in certain situations to me though. I hope they at least give us a chance to see how useful it is by releasing it.

Dragwind
May 13, 2008, 12:30 PM
People will move to it if they like it, some might not like it. There's always those people who support because, you know, they like to?

mvffin
May 13, 2008, 01:34 PM
I'll stay AT for the most part. I might go MF for soloing, or for giggles.

SammaeltheDark
May 13, 2008, 01:38 PM
Meh, I'll stay AT (or switch back to WT) because it's my playstyle to supply de/buffs. I'm just not lookin' forward to grinding buff techs to lv.41 when ATs get their support cap raised.

Kanore
May 13, 2008, 01:40 PM
As an AT, I had a good laugh when I found out that MT's buff levels suck.

Since my first Force on PSO was a FOmar, I really was never into offensive teching.

Garnet_Moon
May 13, 2008, 01:44 PM
I will be sticking with Protranser and the Acro classes, tyvm.

Dirkster111
May 13, 2008, 01:45 PM
I'm gonna try Gunmaster, the thought of faster firing rates for shotgun and laser have me very much intriqued.

darkante
May 13, 2008, 02:01 PM
I will switch to Masterforce when my attack spells are all at lv 31-40, otherwise i think i am just handicapping myself.

Anduril
May 13, 2008, 02:06 PM
I'm only going Gunmaster on my Female Newman, and at that it's going to be for fun. I have the class requirements for Masterforce with her, but I don't like the idea of loosing the lv40 support TECHs that come along with the Master classes being released.

ljkkjlcm9
May 13, 2008, 02:08 PM
If I ever were to return, my Beast would remain a fighgunner, and my human would remain an acrotecher.
I love my mixed melee/ranged too much, and my support spells on my acro.

THE JACKEL

PALRAPPYS
May 13, 2008, 02:09 PM
lol Masterforce.

If I went to becoming a permanent Masterforce, then I'd be going against everything I have said in PSU. I am a supporter. I heal my team and make sure they don't die. I especially couldn't go Masterforce because Acrotecher is receiving lv50 support! That's awesome. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Also, the reason I have a Wartecher, Fortetecher, and Acrotecher is because I need support to play this game. Aside from Protranser, I've had very hard times playing other classes.

lokey013
May 13, 2008, 02:10 PM
I wish Master Forces were still able to use S Rank Bows....but alas no =/

Shiro_Ryuu
May 13, 2008, 02:15 PM
I don't think there's too much of a reason to worry about Acrotecher since it has the best buffs and all. As for Acrofighter, it doesn't use double the PP for PAs, and some people would prefer to use light weapons over big ones, not to mention that it can use pistols and cards for flying dudes. I'm keeping my Human Acrofighter, nothing's gonna make me change that unless Acromaster appeals to me. My Beast however is going to go Fighmaster for sure. My other characters will keep doing what they were doing before the Master types came.

panzer_unit
May 13, 2008, 02:18 PM
I might have a tough time with the skill list but I want to set up so I can switch between decently-skilled Fighmaster, Gunmaster, and Protranser with just a trip to 5th floor Clyez.

sikotic_demon
May 13, 2008, 02:25 PM
my AT is stayin right where she is at..... as for my other charecters i might try fighmaster but il prolly go back to figunner and protranser

ThaiSoup
May 13, 2008, 02:31 PM
Well, not like people just stay one class as it is usually. Alot of people do multiple classes on one character so this won't be changing too much. I personally will be switching between FM, fF, FI. fF because I still want to use twin claws, FI because I like duel handguns and xbow. FM because I like their weapon selection cause those are my favored weapons and the speed increase. MF I'd do just for the look of the high techs, see if I can lag ps2'ers http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Lighthero
May 13, 2008, 02:41 PM
All I have to say:

You're an Acrotecher, you'll get level 50 support, enjoy or leave it.

YOu can go to Fortetecher, Having 40 attack and 40 support. Nice for doing certain stuff.

And at last you have Masterforce, You'll get level 50 attack. Despite the fact of level 10 buffs, have a FT or AT friend to buff you, get a good one and they'll constantly heal/buff.

Or, you can stay and switch between these 3 like i'm planning. This way, your buffs etc. Weren't for nothing. Also, since you can't get any spell to 40+ yet. You may also stay FT if you don't want anything to be nerfed.

Akaimizu
May 13, 2008, 02:43 PM
I'm definitely going to try out the master classes myself. Though I doubt I'll be anything permanent. Heck, I'm not a permanent GT, even though I'll always go back to playing one as my main. Thing is, one really needs a change or you really burn out in this game. I love playing GT, but I realize that at this point the class has become just a tireless long session of constantly raising techs and bullets that, at this point, have begun to take forever before you ever see a little change in what you're capable of.

I know people don't like it when people bring up PSO, but I do have to admit, the one thing you can't get without consistantly switching classes in this game (perferably to a fighter with fast-levelling PAs), is the fast rewards of PSO. In that game, every hour or two, you gained something that noticibly increased your abilities. That was part of the super addictiveness of it. You had a hard time turning away because you were always right on top of a nice increase. In PSU, for a single class, once you max your class and level, you can play for days (with 4-6 hour night runs) and not get the required 11/21/31 increase in any of your PAs to see a jump. A case where I'm kind of stuck at.

Thus, I feel if you don't class switch, burnout can persist easily. The big thing about the Masterclass is that, it might be something that help cure a bit of the boring process that I'm going through. And yes, I know the PA update will hopefully come before they release. For the meantime, I'll probably play my next 4 long sessions to finally get my current ground laser from 19 to 21 and then switch to Mufonna for a while.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-13 12:46 ]</font>

Sekani
May 13, 2008, 02:50 PM
The thread should be retitled "Master Class' effect on soloing," because that's really the only aspect of gameplay that'll be noticeably changed.

Akaimizu
May 13, 2008, 02:56 PM
It may also affect the speed of which you raise PAs as well. Good chance, it'll have an effect on levelling stuff, too.

Deadly_Force
May 13, 2008, 02:59 PM
My only concern for Fighmaster is just how much PP my Jabroga will consume at lvl 50 with a Hard Power Charge... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Shiro_Ryuu
May 13, 2008, 07:18 PM
On 2008-05-13 12:50, Sekani wrote:
The thread should be retitled "Master Class' effect on soloing," because that's really the only aspect of gameplay that'll be noticeably changed.

That's not a problem. Here's a step by step tutorial on how to solo easily once the Master types come out:
Step 1 - Go to the Guardians HQ in GC 5th Floor
Step 2 - You see a Counter, talk to the woman that's in the rear part of the Counter, and then you'll see a list of types, such as Hunter, Ranger, Force, Fighgunner, etc.
Step 3 - Select a type that isn't Fighmaster, Gunmaster, or Masterforce.
Step 4 - Get your equipment for the type that you chose
Step 5 - Solo http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

BlackEyeKing
May 14, 2008, 02:55 AM
I'll try masterforce just for the casting speed.