PDA

View Full Version : Change Player Shops?

Chris28
May 13, 2008, 02:41 PM
In my opinion, I think player shops are abused way too much and take a lot of the fun out of the game. Instead of doing things the old fashioned way of starting a hunt and spending weeks looking for an item, most people (not all) will give up after a few hours and go buy the weapon, board, armor, or unit that they are looking for. I would like to see it changed to where you can't buy any of those in player shops. You should only be able to buy items and synthesis materials. This would also give the "Trade" option in the game more use as well. What do you all think?

Anduril
May 13, 2008, 02:44 PM
I think the Player Shops as they are now are perfectly fine. There are people who don't have the time to hunt after Rare Weapons for hours, or just want to spend more time actually playing and not just hunting, so with people actaully selling rare items for some amount of meseta they can still play rather causually and still have shiny weapons. Plus the player shops actually make meseta worth something. I'm going to have to disagree with you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-05-13 12:50 ]</font>

Garnet_Moon
May 13, 2008, 02:44 PM
That's how we rolled in PSO.

Of course, we also dropped all of our 10 s-rank items on the floor, and let the person we're trading with find out which one he wanted.

Do that in PSU, and you'll have everything stolen from you.

Point is, don't change it.

Dragwind
May 13, 2008, 03:14 PM
Thats like taking a whole chunk out of this game. Having an economy on rares and items is nice at times. Adds a bit of flavor to the game and community, even if you don't use it.

In essence, no.

Akaimizu
May 13, 2008, 03:17 PM
I also can't agree with taking them out. In some cases, that's the only way you'll see an increase without taking a real long time to see it. Because we no longer have Mags to increase our stats, or other constant finds for us, there needs to be *something* to make it so that you can say "in one more hour I'll get this" like in PSO. Taking out player shops entirely and making people hunt will eventually take away any and all fast rewards from the game. Mainly because we lost the other side of the fast-reward system. Once you have people put in a position where it takes weeks of commitment to see any increase in your character, without having a load of time on your hands; you'll see a lot of people burn out and drop, after that.

Something else will have to change in the game, before the player shops should be changed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-13 13:21 ]</font>

stukasa
May 13, 2008, 03:47 PM
Finding rares is completely up to luck. One person will find what they want on the first run and another person will do 100 runs and still not find it. For those unlucky masses, the player shops might be their only hope for getting certain items. Plus, some people just don't have the time or the patience to do the same run over and over endlessly hunting for one rare. I'm happy with player shops the way they are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kylie
May 13, 2008, 04:08 PM
Horrible idea. Player shops have their issues, but they're part of the pros for PSU (for me at least). Also, I don't really like hunting for items as much as some people. I like finding stuff on accident when I'm playing with friends, and then I sell or trade that item for what I want. Being forced to hunt stuff would not make it funner, especially when people can hunt now if they'd rather.

xeku
May 13, 2008, 04:32 PM
No...very bad idea.
I spend a great deal of time (well, time that I am actually able to game) in the shops.
For myself anyhow, hunting for bargains and what not, is actually enjoyable. I don't even bother to hunt for rares - I just play for kicks; if I find something noteworthy, yay me.
If I want something bad enough, I'll just buy it - I like it that way.

It's ideal for those of us that can't invest more than a few hours a day (hell, or per week) into the game.