PDA

View Full Version : AotI: Does sega actually care about their customers?

GodOfFate
May 13, 2008, 11:37 PM
I mean, if these 'people' actually cared about their customers, they would have responded a lot sooner, and had everyone online by now. I got most of this from my friend death by snu snu witch has been 065'd since the first day of psu "sega get your ass in gear do something for once in your life"

GodOfFate
May 13, 2008, 11:38 PM
i mean first day of mag sry >.< lol

Sasamichan
May 13, 2008, 11:57 PM
If they didn't care, they wouldn't be fixing those that were 065'd.

EDIT: also, the edit button is your friend.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-05-13 21:58 ]</font>

ThaiSoup
May 14, 2008, 12:22 AM
I agree with Sasami. Of course, yes its messed up what happened. But you have to get over it, and you're getting compensation anyways. I'd take that over then just spamming this same mission day in and day night,hell I do like 5 runs a day at most. Get a job at Sega and do their job then, I'm sure its not that easy to fix the issue. And "Sega get your ass in gear do something for once in your life" Leave and move onto another game if you hate Sega so much. I don't care if its you, your friend or anyone saying it. And no, I'm not doing this to be an ass. But people need to stop complaining so much because its getting you nowhere.

ljkkjlcm9
May 14, 2008, 12:34 AM
Well like any company, they do have their priorities. And it's no secret that the US PC/PS2 server is the smallest one. When it comes to PSU, if I were Sega, it would also be my last priority.

THE JACKEL

Authenticate
May 14, 2008, 12:39 AM
You think they're doing a bad job? Go check out any other online RPG. After having sampled what's out there, I'd say they're doing a pretty decent job.

Xefi
May 14, 2008, 12:46 AM
On 2008-05-13 21:57, Sasamichan wrote:

to OP: They care about your money. Yes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-05-13 23:03 ]</font>

DraginHikari
May 14, 2008, 03:12 AM
On 2008-05-13 22:46, RubySion wrote:

On 2008-05-13 21:57, Sasamichan wrote:

to OP: They care about your money. Yes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RubySion on 2008-05-13 23:03 ]</font>

That's pretty much the whole reason behind customer service in the first place. Satifty the customer so they'll buy more.

Indica
May 14, 2008, 03:56 AM
Sega really needs this book

The key things this book covers that Sega has failed miserable at

* Enable customers to conduct online transactions
*Build and maintain customer loyalty.
*Advertise your idea to the general public.
*Impress customers in the virtual world
*Conduct electronic payments

http://7dust.net/PSU/onlinebusiness.jpg

Kanore
May 14, 2008, 06:02 AM
Does sega actually care about their customers?

No

Akaimizu
May 14, 2008, 06:35 AM
I wouldn't say the PC/PS2 are low on their priority list. The 065s were being handled and they compensated that. The 360 has their good share of issues that they take forever to deal with. The 360 still has the various missions with the dreaded slow-down memory leak bug which was first reported last november. Still no fix, or a status of their progress on it.

_Tek_
May 14, 2008, 07:56 AM
I believe sega gives away so much for free already, its amazing they are still making games at all.

Dirkster111
May 14, 2008, 08:55 AM
You must be doing something wrong, I was fixed after being 065'ed for only 3 days, and 2 of those days were Saturday and Sunday. I'm either guessing you friend isn't 065ed and you just want to bitch about Sega or you just want to bitch about Sega.

ThaiSoup
May 14, 2008, 02:51 PM
On 2008-05-14 01:56, Indica wrote:
Sega really needs this book

The key things this book covers that Sega has failed miserable at

* Enable customers to conduct online transactions
*Build and maintain customer loyalty.
*Advertise your idea to the general public.
*Impress customers in the virtual world
*Conduct electronic payments

[spoiler-box]http://7dust.net/PSU/onlinebusiness.jpg[/spoiler-box]

lol...win!

Danny_Dark
May 14, 2008, 03:05 PM
That maybe sounds Harsh, but i don't think so...
(Still "065" and Pissed)

The Lottery is Sponsored by Segac and the Number "065".
SEGAC: Because good business is an oxymoron to us.

ArcImpulse
May 14, 2008, 03:14 PM
On 2008-05-13 22:39, Authenticate wrote:
You think they're doing a bad job? Go check out any other online RPG. After having sampled what's out there, I'd say they're doing a pretty decent job.

This is the truth. In reality, SEGA does a great job.

Aries2384
May 14, 2008, 05:56 PM
If the OP doesn't like the game or thinks SEGA is not acting in their best interest, they have only to cancel their account and move onto something else. I think SEGA cares a great deal about their customers. Wether they care or not is not the defining issue on the service given us. Maybe they don't know exactly what is causing the 65 error. Or quite possibly, your bitching email tags that are being sent in droves are slowing the "repair" process up. Sadly, no one thinks of that. Yall just want to assume that since you are being "affronted" that you are at the head of the line and SEGA owes you some kind of explanation. They don't. Never forget that they are in this for YOUR money. That doesn't necessarily mean, "YOUR SATISFACTION". If they didn't care, they wouldn't reimburse you for your "65'd woes". You're getting what, a month free service and some kind of in game compensation? IMHO SEGA does care and you'd be wise to further your thinking in that matter. Sega is not out to screw us... but shit does happen and they are doing what they think is their best.

_Tek_
May 15, 2008, 09:35 AM
Considering sega basically made the game totally easy to acquire for free (no serial required, no disc required, torrents), I believe they are insane.

Wheatpenny
May 15, 2008, 09:54 AM
I got 065 they got me back up in 2 days, IMO this is a godsend compared back to when I used to play the Everquest Test server one time they screwed up a test patch so bad we were all down on the server for a whole month.

relentless
May 15, 2008, 09:54 AM
Yes, they do.

On 2008-05-15 07:54, Wheatpenny wrote:
I got 065 they got me back up in 2 days, IMO this is a godsend compared back to when I used to play the Everquest Test server one time they screwed up a test patch so bad we were all down on the server for a whole month.

The thing is that others didn't have their account fixed in 2 days. Some had/have it for weeks now, some are still getting it as well. So, to them, it's not a godsend.
I don't see how it's good to fix accounts randomly, but yeah, they are fixing it at all at least, or trying to do so.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SeKaI on 2008-05-15 07:58 ]</font>

Kylie
May 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
I think they do, but they lack the funding to do much about many issues. Also, they have to get an okay from Sonic Team before they do anything, and now with the billing issues, they have to go through SEGA OF Europe because they actually host the billing servers (again, due to lack of funding). That said, I do think some of the people at SOA are trying, but it likes working with an education system in a third world country.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kylie on 2008-05-15 10:11 ]</font>