PDA

View Full Version : What do you look for in a techer?

BlackEyeKing
May 14, 2008, 02:33 AM
I want to know what people look for in a techer:
One of two techs that are really high or all of the techs well rounded? or do you just look at the level of the character?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Dhylec on 2008-05-14 15:30 ]</font>

ashley50
May 14, 2008, 03:01 AM
a techer that knows what he's true job in the game
a techer that actually heals, Buffs etc

BlackEyeKing
May 14, 2008, 03:10 AM
well I get that but you cant tell that outside of a mission. I'm only asking because Ive gone up to people spamming need techer for s and take someone else who has diga at 35 and the rest at 2 while I've got ALL my techs averaging around 18. My lowest one is 13. I just want to know whats the deal?

ashley50
May 14, 2008, 03:17 AM
in terms of techs...
high level techs that most techers don't use, or rarely seen in parties.
Like Noszonde, Damfoie, Damdiga...etc. the techs that really require time to level.

Jainsea
May 14, 2008, 03:56 AM
On 2008-05-14 01:10, BlackEyeKing wrote:
well I get that but you cant tell that outside of a mission. I'm only asking because Ive gone up to people spamming need techer for s and take someone else who has diga at 35 and the rest at 2 while I've got ALL my techs averaging around 18. My lowest one is 13. I just want to know whats the deal?

It can be possible they dont look through all their
tech PA's? Maybe they just grab the 1st techer they
see. I got a few high leveled tech PA's as a FT, but I hear your point at just having like 1 or 2 attack techs high and the rest VERY low. That be very unbalanced and wouldnt help the team as much as someone with a majority of thier techs balanced.
Even if that Diga was lvl 40, it be a very slow
process of hitting things and doing the whole area with just that no matter what the situation isnt
very helpful to the party imo. I like to support so
most of my techs are balanced.

Penance
May 14, 2008, 10:11 AM
I dont like playing on my techer cuz the time it takes to level some spells and then you have people using T dance and other photon arts that knock the monsters around so when you do cast an attack spell it miss >_<

stukasa
May 14, 2008, 10:20 AM
Based on your choices I'd probably pick the well-rounded techer. Leveling all their techs shows they're more serious about the job and they see the value in using techs other than just Nosdiga/Diga/Foie/Dambarta. I'd also check the level of their support techs (healing and buffs) since that gives you an idea how much support they do.

I definitely wouldn't pick based on their character level, that means almost nothing in this game.

Kylie
May 14, 2008, 11:56 AM
To be completely honest, I couldn't care less as long as they heal me and stuff. Well, even then, I rarely make other people's weaknesses my business, so I probably wouldn't even notice what level stuff a techer has. But I'm a Libra, so I'll say balanced is always the way to go. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

JAFO22000
May 14, 2008, 12:00 PM
Where is the option for a techer with all techs 31+?????????

Oh wait, they're too rare to be considered....

Akaimizu
May 14, 2008, 12:03 PM
They simply take too long for many people to have a full spread of 31+ techs. I know I've been raising stuff ever since the game launched and I only have but a few things past 31.

I certainly don't look specifically for fighters with all sorts of high grinded/somewhat rare/high percentage equipment; and that's possible in much less time.

In general, those who have those really high techs, across the board, are probably closing on their 2000 hour. So you might as well simply ask how many hours they have on their character counter. If it's around 1000, perhaps they don't have too many up there.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-14 10:15 ]</font>

darkante
May 14, 2008, 12:26 PM
Spells takes way to long to level therefore making people take the most reliable source of damage meaning most likely Diga or Foie and after that they will focus on something else. Simple truth.

Although, i focused mostly on Ra-foie. I love fireworks lol. D:

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 12:29 PM
Tech levels or not, I'd like to see a techer that actually knows what the hell they're doing. I really don't care if they choose to play support or offense, I'd just like to see them use their technics wisely and not run into the middle of a group thinking they have 4000 HP and burning through 10 Scapes before Block 1 is done.

Barring that, I like seeing technic levels before character level.

Akaimizu
May 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
Does anybody still burn through a bunch of scapes in one block, anymore? Even after the fT HP update?

I mean, I can understand a couple. Even in the Mag event, there is a chance for one of those nice galloping Megid lobbers to kill somebody twice. (That is, Megid kills them, and then as they're getting back up, a second one kills them).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-14 10:45 ]</font>

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 12:47 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:43, Akaimizu wrote:
Does anybody still burn through a bunch of scapes in one block, anymore? Even after the fT HP update?

I mean, I can understand a couple. Even in the Mag event, there is a chance for one of those nice galloping Megid lobbers to kill somebody twice. (That is, Megid kills them, and then as they're getting back up, a second one kills them).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-14 10:45 ]</font>

In my experience, yes, some Fortetechers still haven't learned how to dodge. The HP boost gave them *maybe* one extra hit of survivability, that's about it. It's amazing how much I have to use my Giresta to actually revive with Fortetechers.

Akaimizu
May 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
It's probably because now that their HP is close to Guntecher, they think too highly of their HP. I guess the hard truth of the (survive one extra hit, every now and then) will sink in, eventually.

True enough, I remember that feeling of being a little overconfident once I started playing Fortegunner. I had to wrestle that feeling out of myself before I looked foolish, especially since that feeling came over me a bit early in the Fortegunner career. Also, I seriously need to change my sig to reflect my current class levels.

I also realize that it takes some conditioning to realize when you're in a situation where you really can't safely cast techs. Even if you aren't in the middle, if the situation has a lot of mobs from every direction; and you can't see them all, it's a tricky aspect of trying to time when it's safe to cast. I know I definitely take a risk when trying to save certain people in the heat of battle. Just a little character flaw of mine, but I tend to explain when I know things get hairy if I go over my head to help and die once. That's when I say, ok, I'm not casting techs right now, let me find breathing room.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-14 10:58 ]</font>

Sasamichan
May 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
Am I a bad Fortetecher Chelsea?

Seority
May 14, 2008, 01:10 PM
-Seority's Prefered Techers List-
Fortetechers's: Have most attack techs to 21 AT LEAST but prefer 31+. (Most meaning, most that there are techs, not 5 out of your 7.)
Heal when they can. Don't HAVE to EVERY time.
Buff at least every cube, or 1-2 mins after previous buffs stopped.
I know they can use melee weaps, but I prefer they don't. Period.
Allowed to use bows when nessessary.
Don't use fans please.
(You specialize in techs, so I only want to see you use them!)

Guntecher's: Shoot stuff.
Constant heal.
Buff when nessessary.
(This class is support, then attack.)

Wartecher's: Attack, attack, attack.
Use melee weaps with high PA's.
Use quick/high level techs.
DON'T BUFF KAY THANKS.
Heal when nessessary.
(You are mainly a soloing class.)

Acrotecher's:
If you have lower then 31 buffs, don't bother with this class.
ALWAYS rebuff when previous ones are stopping.
ALWAYS heal!!!
Debuff's at least 21 please, THEN whip!
Use traps ONLY when nessessary.
(I hate fortewhippers with a passion. You're there to SUPPORT ONLY, with few acceptions.)
These are good techers, playing to the full compasity of their class. I don't kick people who don't meet my pereferences, but it does bug me when they play them terribly.
[spoiler-box]And if you are a Cast techer, may God have mercy upon your soul.[/spoiler-box]

desturel
May 14, 2008, 01:30 PM
On 2008-05-14 01:17, ashley50 wrote:
Like Noszonde, Damfoie, Damdiga...etc. the techs that really require time to level.

Hopefully you don't mean those techs take long to level. I leveled Noszonde to 31 in a week of sporadic use. Could have done it in 3~4 days if I had used it exclusively. Especially considering the PP cost reduction it has now.

On 2008-05-14 10:00, JAFO22000 wrote:

Maybe for you, but I personally know 5 techers with all techs above 31, not including myself since I just purchased Gizonde before MAG and it's only level 22 right now... and I could easily fit the description by un-equiping gizonde and taking my buffs and debuffs off of my acrotecher. >.>

Besides, just because a techer has all techs about 31 doesn't mean they are good at teching. It means they are good at leveling techs.

For example, one of the techers I know with all level 31 techs has no buffs except for megistar, no debuffs, no reverser, no bow bullets. When he plays acrotecher, he uses whips and daggers exclusively. He only uses Al-senba as his armor since he doesn't want to carry all elementals with him, but because he has all level 31+ techs you would consider him the best techer around. (he's a fun guy to run with BTW; Which is all that really matters to me since I don't make requirements on what people have to do to join my parties)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: desturel on 2008-05-14 11:38 ]</font>

Seority
May 14, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:47, Typheros wrote:
In my experience, yes, some Fortetechers still haven't learned how to dodge. The HP boost gave them *maybe* one extra hit of survivability, that's about it. It's amazing how much I have to use my Giresta to actually revive with Fortetechers.

I can take a fireball to the face now!
I'M INVINCIBLE! >:D

That boost helped a lot though. Instead of insta-death it's like, 10 HP for 3 seconds, THEN insta-death. =D Good thing the PS2 doesn't have mate-lag. Oh wait...

Sexy_Raine
May 14, 2008, 01:56 PM
When you start out FT(which most don't even have the guts to do), I suggest you pick 10 offense techs and work with them, having at least one for each element. Get all 5 Ra-techs, and the basics.

Avoid using the same tech, the faster you max one out, the more experience you're gonna waste later on. Keep each of the 10 tech no further than lv10s between each other. Having multiple 21+ techs(tier3) is better than having like one or two lv40 tech. Don't multi-class unless it's for leveling techs, that's how I got most of mine to 40

ljkkjlcm9
May 14, 2008, 01:57 PM
On 2008-05-14 11:10, Seority wrote:
Acrotecher's:
ALWAYS rebuff when previous ones are stopping.
ALWAYS heal!!!
Debuff's at least 21 please, THEN whip!
Use traps ONLY when necessary.
(I hate fortewhippers with a passion. You're there to SUPPORT ONLY, with few exceptions.)

I agree buffs should be 31+, that's the main advantage of the class.
You don't HAVE to have buffs up at all times. If you're in the middle of a fight, and the enemies are almost dead, the whole party spread out, I don't expect an AT to run around trying to buff everyone. It may be faster for that AT to do damage, then buff AFTER the group of enemies are killed. (their damage will equal if not exceed what the buffed damage would've done, and they would waste more time running around trying to buff)
Healing is a must, for basically any techer class (until MF)
Debuffs are not needed. In the time it would take to cast all the debuffs, you could do damage greater than the debuff allows from other players, and the enemies die so fast anyways.
I never use traps as an AT. Traps have become a lost art really only used in soloing and by PT's.

AT are not there to support only. Supporting is their focus, but they do have a casting and attack speed bonus. They can dish out damage pretty damn well. One thing to note is Whips are NOT their only melee weapon.

THE JACKEL

Seority
May 14, 2008, 02:10 PM
True that Jackel. I know whips arn't the only one, but beast AT's can dish out over 1.5k a pop with whips, it's so ridiculasly awesome. Sad thing is MOST AT's do ONLY that as you already know, which kills me to the core. I want them to use 31+ buffs, and CONSTANTLY. If said monsters are almost dead, let the others finish them off faster then you, while you rebuff and the rest of the party moves on, rather then have them wait for you to get done finishing the monsters off, or just heading to the next area, which then you'd have to catch up to them then miss out on exp and the same cycle repeats. MUCH easier to let the fighters fight, and you support. Debuffs can be handy at times, but I say to use debuffs mainly for those who need to tag monsters. I still use my debuffs on big monsters when I'm an AT, mine are also 31+ which makes a difference to the monsters damage output and input.

EDIT: Traps can be helpful in parties that are PT less, or even FighGunnerless. Freezing Gao's can help out a party greatly, rather then everyone having to take time to dodge them etc. Not many people see the use in traps anymore unless they are X ones. Makes me tear because traps are quite useful when you know how to use them properly.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-05-14 12:14 ]</font>

Noblewine
May 14, 2008, 02:37 PM
IDK I'll play with anyone.

Akaimizu
May 14, 2008, 03:08 PM
A lot of times there's always someone in there with X traps if there is a fight worth using any kind of traps on. However, most of the time, the fights tend to be easy enough that in-general the heavy damagers generally clean the room without any real worry or chance to slow down.

That is, unless they are trying out a particularly slow PA or something, but then there are more than traps to help them. At this point, much support stuff has taken a back-seat to the rest of the game, and that's simply due to the mobs not being tough enough.

Fortunately, we still have places like the (never run) Moatoob, and a Hive location or two, that still has those trap/support/friendly levels in them. But a vast majority want to run on (big damager does everything without need for help) areas.

Debuffs definitely need a buff. Ok, maybe not necessarily a buff to them, per se; but more so the game environment should eventually be worked to make debuffs play a more significant role. Nowadays, it's almost strictly used for Jellen and real hard-hitting mobs like Bil De Vear. Not a bad use, but it's still very limited compared to all that you face in the game.

So putting AT way heavy on Debuffs is basically an insult to the job until a change is made. At the moment, I can't agree that their debuffs are better than their attack options. I'll never underestimate an AT with a Wand and a Shadoog. It doesn't insta-kill everything; but I do consider non-insta kill stuff still very good contributing damage. Especially when it takes a whallop out of stuff. ATs with the attack techs can really rock multiple enemies and single enemies while the whips are decent with multiple enemies and multi-hit mobs. Both can be used with shadoogs as companion damage/SE.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-14 13:13 ]</font>

amtalx
May 14, 2008, 03:15 PM
Um...all my bullets are 31+, so I expect the same from my techers. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Fighters have NO excuse seeing as how their PAs automatically level to 21 as soon as you link it to a weapon.

Schubalts
May 14, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:29, Typheros wrote:
Tech levels or not, I'd like to see a techer that actually knows what the hell they're doing. I really don't care if they choose to play support or offense, I'd just like to see them use their technics wisely and not run into the middle of a group thinking they have 4000 HP and burning through 10 Scapes before Block 1 is done.

Barring that, I like seeing technic levels before character level.

But playing dodge the *insert horrifically strong attack* is fun!

Anduril
May 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
What do I look for? Well I'm currently looking for Blue Eyes, Black hair, somewhere in the mid to low 5 foot area..... Oh, you mean in a Techer in the game? Just as long as they have 21+ useful TECHs and do a decent job at healing the party I think they are a good enough Techer.

BlackEyeKing
May 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
Well thank you all for your input. You all had a lot of great suggestions. So what (besides constantly using one pa at a time) would be the easiest way to level a tech?
So far I've got them all around 17 some a little higher and I think Megiverse is at like 4 but I just bought it.
I don't really want to just use one for a couple days and then switch just because that just isn't what I wanna do...any suggestions?

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 03:45 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:52, Sasamichan wrote:

Nah, you're one of the few good ones 'round here, and I have a general dislike of Fortetechers ;P The whiny ones, anyway.

Sasamichan
May 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:45, Typheros wrote:

On 2008-05-14 10:52, Sasamichan wrote:

Nah, you're one of the few good ones 'round here, and I have a general dislike of Fortetechers ;P The whiny ones, anyway.

Aww, thats why I love you Chelsea. <3

panzer_unit
May 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
I'm surprised someone nailed my main wish-list from a techer: all 5 Ra's at a good level.

* uses proper element attack techs whenever possible... hopefully ra/basic/nos from a safe distance whenever possible, gi or dam to clear crowds of minor threats
* giresta as a buff and used for healing so we've always got regen
* buffs - not so big a deal, 'rides are lv20... if there's an AT on the team I'd like them to have lv31+ buffs but I'm not such a prick as to get mad when they don't.
* healing / reviving in emergency situations - I consider this EVERYBODY'S job. trimate, antimate, star atomizer, sol atomizer. Y'all got it, y'all use it.

pikachief
May 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
i almost cried when i saw a lvl 68 fortetecher will ALL SPELLS BELOW 11, and barta lvl 19 and thats all they were using T_T

WHY WOULD U DO SUCH A HORRIBLE THING?

I really hope they were trying to be the worst techer in the game cuz it was SAD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But then again i have seen a Fortetecher lvl 110 with only ramegid and megiverse to lvl 21, 4 other spells above 11 and thats it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

some people treat techers like fighters and just expect that their spells will lvl with their character :/

My techer is lvl 80 with half her spells past 21, and the other half 11, and my weakest rod is a Kazarod 7/9 lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But i refuse to lvl up further until i get all her spells past 21, cuz i want to be a great techer, so im jsut sitting here waiting for the PA exp boost to go up :/

Sasamichan
May 14, 2008, 04:39 PM
On 2008-05-14 14:12, panzer_unit wrote:

* healing / reviving in emergency situations - I consider this EVERYBODY'S job. trimate, antimate, star atomizer, sol atomizer. Y'all got it, y'all use it.

QFT

BlackEyeKing
May 14, 2008, 05:16 PM
On 2008-05-14 14:19, pikachief wrote:
i almost cried when i saw a lvl 68 fortetecher will ALL SPELLS BELOW 11, and barta lvl 19 and thats all they were using T_T

WHY WOULD U DO SUCH A HORRIBLE THING?

I really hope they were trying to be the worst techer in the game cuz it was SAD http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But then again i have seen a Fortetecher lvl 110 with only ramegid and megiverse to lvl 21, 4 other spells above 11 and thats it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

some people treat techers like fighters and just expect that their spells will lvl with their character :/

My techer is lvl 80 with half her spells past 21, and the other half 11, and my weakest rod is a Kazarod 7/9 lol http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

But i refuse to lvl up further until i get all her spells past 21, cuz i want to be a great techer, so im jsut sitting here waiting for the PA exp boost to go up :/

This is the same thing that I've been seeing.
I don't want to be one of those. right now I'm a lvl 99 and my techs arrent all past 21. I know thats not too good but the only thing we play is MAG and the character lvls but the spells...not so much...
I guess what do you do?

shotsfired
May 14, 2008, 06:20 PM
buffs. do your job. oh yeah, and nuke some shit up.

MSAksion
May 14, 2008, 07:38 PM
A Well rounded TECHER of course.

One who's techs are at the maximum status effect. Sure my TECH isn't 40 its only 30 or 31. But i'm doing BURN 4 and Freeze 3 Shock 3, Silence 4, Stun 2, Buffs 3 Debuffs 3 as long as they do the maximum effect the damage is Moot.

So the magic number in a TECHER is 21. Only FT and Future MF need to worry about 31+. The other hybrid techers just get to 21+ and youre fine.

I level all tech equally. I wont sit for 2 weeks going FOIE FOIE FOIE to 21 and have the others be lvl 10. no no. Once Foie hit 11 i went to Diga. Diga 11 i went to RAZONDE. Then when all were 11 i took them all to 21 near evenly.

This is why a 1.5 years later all my techs are lvl 29 to 31. Cept Megid.

...Give me some time for MEGID... so yawn boring... but sooo worth it.

gryphonvii
May 14, 2008, 07:40 PM
I just really want them to be smart, buffs at least at 21, and not overlapping with my 31+ when I'm on my AT.
And whwm I'm on my AT I always have a madoog with resta and an attack spell( usually ra-type) paired with a dagger, don't use whips that often.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 14, 2008, 08:03 PM
Let's see....

fT:
1. Support.
2. I don't care.

GT:
1. Support.
2. PEWPEW.

WT:
1. lol.

AT:
1. Support.
2. Carve shit up with daggers and whips.

Support = heal constantly and buff as soon as other buffs run out. Healing takes priority to buffing. By heal constantly, I mean heal whenever there is a remote chance of someone being about to be in slight danger of possibly dying. Keeping everyone at maximum health is nice, and generally easy to do (assuming people aren't idiots that run away from support). Debuffs are worthless, so don't bother.

Before people wahwah about me being too demanding of forces, I play AT as my main, and I have no problem keeping people at maximum health almost all the time. Sure, my buffs aren't level 31 yet (GASP!), but I figure people care more about being healed (I know I do when I play my PT), so both Resta and Reverser are like 36 or something.

chaoskila
May 14, 2008, 08:04 PM
ZONDE =]

jayster
May 14, 2008, 08:06 PM
21+ buffs and 21+ rest / giresta. That's all I ask of a techer, as long as they heal and buff, I don't care how much damage their techs do.

autumn
May 14, 2008, 08:48 PM
In a techer it depends. Fortetechers I don't worry about the healing unless they aren't doing much else. I'm okay with a fortetecher with straight damage rods with the elemental boost so long as they are good with them. I do ask for buffs though and I like giresta rather then resta. Acrotechers are the same, although rather then element rods they have weapons. Seeing as they can equip the casting MAGs at S rank I expect more by healing, and once again I love being buffed. And please don't half buff then quit. If you have all four use all four. I don't expect anything out of WT or GT, I just hope they are feeling nice enough to pitch a heal my way when they have a moment. Anything beyond that is a pleasant surprise.

But I love techers, and I love my damage as a FT. When I don't have resta out I carry star atomizers. And it is not only a forces job to keep the party going. The fighters can help sometimes too.

chaostroop3
May 14, 2008, 09:30 PM
a techerss job in genaral is NOT TO BUFF AND HEAL (healings a perk) ... cept acrotecher

fortecher is NOT a support class, why do thay have buffs? well it would be very whired in a very whired mannor makeing the game whireder than its whired self is alredy are am

anyway a good techer dosent need 20 11 spells and 10 21 spells and 10 31 spells, a good techer has a good single monster attck spell (nosdiga or diga) and a good multi hit spells (razonde or dambarta) and a spell you whant to level (and giresta)

if you have a psycho wand with 31 nosdiga or diga and 31 razonde or other ra spell with giresta and some other spell then your a GREAT techer in my book (my book of mis spelled words and horrable grammer)

Kerry157
May 14, 2008, 09:31 PM
i prefer techers with all lvl 40 techs and who have palletes with 6 psycho wand +10's

Kanore
May 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
If it's a Fortetecher, at least one or two offensive techs above 31.

If it's an Acrotecher... Well, I'm an efficient Acrotecher so I dunno. Whatever.

Hiero_Glyph
May 14, 2008, 10:05 PM
I think this is one of the most amusing threads ever. I see the responses split into two parties, the actual techers and the rest of the classes, with very few exceptions (or 'acceptions' if you are Seority).

The trick to playing a techer is to decide your role when the party starts. If a techer does not do this you will have big trouble as different aspects are expected of you. The techer can do three things: 1) tech damage, 2) support, and 3) skill/bullet damage. All three are needed depending on the situation.

Each tech class has an intended specialty but this does not mean that they are stuck doing only one thing. If you are the tech damage dealer you must deal damage whenever possible. This usually invoves the Dam- PA's and other slower but high damage potential spells like the Nos- line. The problem is that these techs take time to deal serious damage and while casting them you will be unable to support cast. So you would not be able to heal others as if you stop casting you either got hit or stopped to relocate. In this case the rest of the party should use dimates/trimates to heal themselves and leave the techer to do their intended job. Thank goodness for the Masterforce class having level 10 support technics since no one will ever expect them to support cast much. Trust me when I say this is a blessing.

As for support casting, this is often the opposite of the tech damage style, but by no means a weak one. This style should focus on quick cast tech PA's like Foie, Diga, the Ra- line and possibly the Gi- line but to a much lesser degree. The purpose of a support caster is to buff the party BEFORE entering combat and keep everyone clear of status effects, healed as much as possible and dealing as much damage as they can in between with quick cast spells or possibly skill/bullet PA's. ***Please note that Giresta has two goals, to buff BEFORE combat (it works like a buffer if your HP are full) or to resurrect someone DURING or AFTER combat. Giresta is not a pure healing skill so please do not substitute it for Resta.*** This role is often filled by the Acrotecher or even Fortetecher in some cases.

The last case is a skill/bullet PA techer. This role is the hardest to play because the class is doing two things at once. The goal of this class is to play exactly like the other offensive classes but with some support/offensive techs to back them up. In a nutshell you should never expect this to play either of the two roles listed previously as it will have a hard time doing so unless it was designed very carefully. This role would fight just like any non-techer class but has the ability to augment the battle with a quick buff, heal, etc. As the tech aspect of this role are secondary do not expect this player to be a primary healer. They can buff but only BEFORE combat. Once combat begins they are just like the rest of the non-techers.

And of course their are blends between these categories, but once again it is mandatory to determine which roles you will play as a techer with each and every party. As you can see by the responses, everyone has a different idea of what a techer should do. Some of them are laughable, while some of them make sense. A techer is not a buff machine. If you want buffs, carry the proper items to buff yourself during combat! A techer can heal you, but if you die it is never the techers fault. Last time I checked you have dimates/trimates for a reason, so please use them. A techer CANNOT do two things at once. If you need a heal or status effect removed, please say something as the techer might be involved doing something else. If you need something from the techer please move to where the techer is located or at least close enough for their cast radius to cover you. And lastly, be nice to the techer because most of us know exactly how large our spell radius is currently and can easily avoid ever buffing or healing you if we decide you are not worth the effort.

Gunslinger-08
May 14, 2008, 10:16 PM

DON'T BUFF KAY THANKS.
Heal when nessessary.

Are item-equivalent buffs really that big of a problem with most people?

ThEoRy
May 14, 2008, 11:12 PM
The mirror.

I look in the mirror for a good techer.

seriously, what's this mediocre tech lvl crap?

High lvl techs all around. High lvl armor and units.

High lvl weapons.

And know when to do which techs...

beatrixkiddo
May 14, 2008, 11:14 PM
I expect as much from any random player (regardless of class) as I do of an NPC.

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 11:19 PM
What is this, FFXI?

"YOU HAVE TO FIT THIS EXACT MOLD OR BOOT D:"

I'd prefer for Fortetechers to have some leveled Technics, sure, but at the same time, this game is too easy to go tying specific roles to specific classes. Just LEARN TO DODGE, spend a little time leveling Technics, and you're fine.

Jarek
May 14, 2008, 11:47 PM
On 2008-05-14 21:14, beatrixkiddo wrote:
I expect as much from any random player (regardless of class) as I do of an NPC.

Pretty much what I was going to say.

BlackEyeKing
May 15, 2008, 12:04 AM
I think a lot of the problem is that some people expect techers to heal just because the can. I've found that a lot of people expect Acrotechers to stand around and be there to catch everyone before they die with resta but 90% of the time you can't catch someone. I mainly play AT because the casting speed is faster. I still heal and everything i just like the speed boost.

pikachief
May 15, 2008, 12:09 AM
On 2008-05-14 21:12, ThEoRy wrote:
The mirror.

I look in the mirror for a good techer.

seriously, what's this mediocre tech lvl crap?

High lvl techs all around. High lvl armor and units.

High lvl weapons.

And know when to do which techs...

ya really, i had my character and ONLY Spell leveld till tehy were all lvl 11

then I remade my character and got it a G-Rod, P-wand, and a high grinded Kazarod http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

now i jsut gotta spell level to lvl 21-31 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Libram
May 15, 2008, 12:10 AM
My teching abilities seem to fluctuate at times. Some days I can pull off perfectly timed attacks and manage to switch to my healing wand at the perfect time to restore someone's health before switching back and nuking everything I can. Other days I find myself struggling to keep up with the party's lack of HP and find myself switching from one weapon to the next only to have it prove useless by the time it's ready to use.

Now that I think back on it I notice that the people I've been seeing lately are pretty much just rushing headfirst into the enemy. Maybe its the collective skill of the team affecting my gameplay.

BlackEyeKing
May 15, 2008, 12:12 AM
Maybe but every techer should know not to run into a crowd.
mobs=easy death
running away=live a bit longer http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Weeaboolits
May 15, 2008, 12:15 AM
I don't care, buffs and resta are appreciated, but not expected.

Just don't overwrite my buffs if yours aren't as big and don't overwrite my giresta and I'm happy.

pikachief
May 15, 2008, 12:17 AM
On 2008-05-14 22:15, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
I don't care, buffs and resta are appreciated, but not expected.

Just don't overwrite my buffs if yours aren't as big and don't overwrite my giresta and I'm happy.

i overwrite mine if theirs arent as big because mine help out more :/

i just hate it when someone INSISTS that the party takes their lvl 1 buffs over my lvl 31 ones :/

BlackEyeKing
May 15, 2008, 12:19 AM
I find it kind of obnoxious if I cast my buffs and then someone does them over mine.

xRedd206x
May 15, 2008, 12:24 AM
I look for Kick @ss Koton spells!!!! if you have that welcome to the team!!!1

BlackEyeKing
May 15, 2008, 01:28 AM
Koton?
"use follow future to follow you to the gate!" ???

Sekani
May 15, 2008, 01:50 PM
On 2008-05-14 18:03, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
(assuming people aren't idiots that run away from support)

Anyone who does this and complains about not getting healed or reversered or dying will be punched in the face.

Shinko
May 15, 2008, 03:00 PM
i play arcotecher differently from most ppl. i use my techs as back up for my swords and guns. I play it the way i want to and if any one complain about it that's in party then so what i don't give a d***.

CeruleanWitch
May 15, 2008, 04:00 PM
Acrotecher: Support.
Fortetecher: Nuke everything.
Wartecher: No idea.
Guntecher: Stop slowing the party down and switch to a better force class.

thunder-ray
May 15, 2008, 05:04 PM
To me a techer saves me money on scapes and mates IF they know what their doing. As long as they do there job and save me money I wouldnt care what lvl their attack techs are.

Dragwind
May 15, 2008, 05:39 PM
I look for a techer that actually buffs and heals. Also has their support at the highest tier their class can use. I also look to see that they at least have 1 or 2 techs of every kind (ra, gi, nos, single, line, etc) lvled up to a decent range, which imo is 21+ at least. To be honest, I only look for this in fT's really. For hybrids its different.

Hiero_Glyph
May 15, 2008, 05:40 PM
On 2008-05-15 13:00, Shinko wrote:
i play arcotecher differently from most ppl. i use my techs as back up for my swords and guns. I play it the way i want to and if any one complain about it that's in party then so what i don't give a d***.

I hate to say it but most Acrotechers seem to avoid using technics, except for the buffs. I guess it makes them feel better to hit for small amounts and then buff themselves slightly. Oh and let's not forget that they can heal and cast Giresta! Other than that most of them use 3-4 melee weapons and rarely use any type of technic that doesn't benefit their physical damage. These players are pure beasts! </sarcasm>

Play however you want, especially when you are soloing because no one ever invites you to a party. An Acrotecher has one strength and only one. If you do not benefit others by using this strength you are just a weak copy of another class. I guess in your case you are a bad Fortefighter that can use technics instead of items to heal/buff. Have fun.

Cathbar
May 15, 2008, 05:52 PM
I play AT like I play FT... pure techs, no melee weapons, and no guns.

AcrotecherFTW
May 15, 2008, 09:45 PM
I play Acrotecher for pure support almost. I have always loved playing as a "white mage" type class in any game. I have all of the support TECHs at 40 and use Resta/Giresta/Buff religiously.

Currently my palette consist of:

Pushan : Vish Adac - Resta/Reverser : Vivi Danga
Pushan : Vish Adac - Resta/Reverser : Vivi Danga
Pushan : Vish Adan - Resta/Reverser : Vivi Danga
Pushan : Tesbra - Zodial/Retier : Shifta/Deband
Pushan : Tesbra - Zoldeel/Zalure : Jellen
Pushan : Tesbra - Resta/Reverser : Retier/Giresta

Yeah, some of those items are not necessary for what I use them for, but I am a perfectionist... =

AC9breaker
May 15, 2008, 09:56 PM
A nice rack, great personality, good sense of humor and that they know their way around the kitchen. Oh wait, what are we talking about again?

Aries2384
May 15, 2008, 10:10 PM
On 2008-05-15 15:04, thunder-ray wrote:
To me a techer saves me money on scapes and mates IF they know what their doing. As long as they do there job and save me money I wouldnt care what lvl their attack techs are.

I find this post offensive. I've played this game as a techer for alittle over a year now and my job is to save YOU money? Pfft, cram it up your arse. I bet I outdamage you as a FORCE. Might I remind everyone that its EVERYONE'S job to keep the party alive. WHy else would Sol and Star Atomizers exist? Too many times have I reversered people when they are frozen, only to have them run by me when I get frozen. Its our job to heal you? No, we just do it better than any other class can. Its advantageous for us to buff and heal you but remember we do some damn good damage too.
On topic, I look for a well rounded techer. The ones that don't abuse spells. Ones that seem to know when to use certain techs to take advantage of enemy placement. All in all, intelligence.

Shinko
May 15, 2008, 11:03 PM
On 2008-05-15 15:40, Hiero_Glyph wrote:

On 2008-05-15 13:00, Shinko wrote:

I hate to say it but most Acrotechers seem to avoid using technics, except for the buffs. I guess it makes them feel better to hit for small amounts and then buff themselves slightly. Oh and let's not forget that they can heal and cast Giresta! Other than that most of them use 3-4 melee weapons and rarely use any type of technic that doesn't benefit their physical damage. These players are pure beasts! </sarcasm>

Play however you want, especially when you are soloing because no one ever invites you to a party. An Acrotecher has one strength and only one. If you do not benefit others by using this strength you are just a weak copy of another class. I guess in your case you are a bad Fortefighter that can use technics instead of items to heal/buff. Have fun.

bad fortefight.... bah....
thats just your thoughs... 1st of i buffs and debuffs often and it's help greatly like. i use the techs every now and then but not so often. but like i said idc what some1 thinks i play the way i want. if i want to play a newman ff and only use a weak crea weapon then thats what i'm going to do. The game's not that hard to start with so any1 with any class or type if they know what there doing

Shou
May 16, 2008, 12:55 AM
I play AT because its one of the hardest classes to play. Forte Fighter is boaring to me because its SO DAMN EASY to deal loads upon loads of damage with very little effort. This is why i only use it to solo.

I have never tried gunner.

PS you arrent even a techer until most of your spells are around 25. Don't be lazy >.>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shou on 2008-05-15 22:57 ]</font>

Sasamichan
May 16, 2008, 01:09 AM
On 2008-05-14 20:16, Gunslinger-08 wrote:

DON'T BUFF KAY THANKS.
Heal when nessessary.

Are item-equivalent buffs really that big of a problem with most people?

Why waste time with them buffing you with their wimpy buffs when you got the same effect with the items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sasamichan on 2008-05-15 23:10 ]</font>

TranceZiggy
May 16, 2008, 02:51 AM
I look for Techers who are willing to spam
"... ... ...
Ah... Ga....
Ubwaa!"

With me in lobby. Nothing else matters.

Kerry157
May 16, 2008, 02:59 AM
On 2008-05-15 15:40, Hiero_Glyph wrote:

http://birdonthemoon.com/you_win_the_prize-thumb.jpeg

BlackEyeKing
May 16, 2008, 03:15 AM
On 2008-05-15 11:50, Sekani wrote:

On 2008-05-14 18:03, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
(assuming people aren't idiots that run away from support)

Anyone who does this and complains about not getting healed or reversered or dying will be punched in the face.

I completely agree

landman
May 16, 2008, 03:21 AM
I don't look neither photon arts or equipment, but in the other hand, I never ask for techers, 20 trimates are enough for a party that doesn't suck.

BlackEyeKing
May 16, 2008, 03:31 AM
On 2008-05-15 20:10, Aries2384 wrote:

I find this post offensive. I've played this game as a techer for alittle over a year now and my job is to save YOU money? Pfft, cram it up your arse. I bet I outdamage you as a FORCE. Might I remind everyone that its EVERYONE'S job to keep the party alive. WHy else would Sol and Star Atomizers exist? Too many times have I reversered people when they are frozen, only to have them run by me when I get frozen. Its our job to heal you? No, we just do it better than any other class can. Its advantageous for us to buff and heal you but remember we do some damn good damage too.
On topic, I look for a well rounded techer. The ones that don't abuse spells. Ones that seem to know when to use certain techs to take advantage of enemy placement. All in all, intelligence.

I agree to an extent. Even as AT I can outdamage Fortefighters. No my spells aren't 40 but it doesn't matter. Most of the people I've played with expect me to only heal and buff. No fighting or anything. I've been booted for using an attack spell and I thought that was the dumbest thing-I was helping...
Most people expect the help but it is mostly one sided. That sucks for us techers because when we get frozen thats pretty much like an Instant death from the free hit the monsters get on us because we have very low health and defense and can't live through those free shots. And yeah nobody helps us in those situations. I think maybe because people like this guy are too damn cheap to buy scape dolls and mates.
They aren't THAT expensive.

BlackEyeKing
May 16, 2008, 03:33 AM
On 2008-05-15 22:55, Shou wrote:
I play AT because its one of the hardest classes to play. Forte Fighter is boaring to me because its SO DAMN EASY to deal loads upon loads of damage with very little effort. This is why i only use it to solo.

PS you arrent even a techer until most of your spells are around 25. Don't be lazy >.>

WHoa Whoa!
The lvl of yr techs isn't what makes you a techer.
The way you PLAY makes you a techer.

Jainsea
May 16, 2008, 03:51 AM
On 2008-05-15 22:55, Shou wrote:

AT being the hardest class to play is just your opnion, and if you have not tried "gunner" then you cant really even say AT is the hardest. I agree with BlackEyeKing about the "The lvl of yr techs isn't what makes you a techer.
The way you PLAY makes you a techer. "
I'd take a techer with moderate lvl'd techs that actaully helps over a techer that just spams 1 tech nonstop with out helping at all anyday. Just imo.

Adjitator
May 16, 2008, 05:50 AM
I've played a force from day one, and not all of my spells are maxed, not even half of them, but then, I'm not worried about leveling spells I don't like. But then, I am also a AT, and my buffs/gir-resta re in their top tier.

As the above posters said, it is about your play style. I try to do my best to keep peoples buffs active, as well and keep their health in a respectable state.

One thing I refuse to do is to take responsibility for baby-sitting everyone else. If i say I am about to renew the buffs, and you run off on your own, then that tells me you don't want them. If I am in the middle of something and you hollar for me to heal you, then most likely I will wait until you use one of your oh-so-precious trimates to do the job.

Even though I play as a support techer, that DOES NOT make me your slave, I expect people to be able to handle some things for themselves during a run, using my help as it was meant to be, support

Feign
May 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
I don't care what style techer we have in our team

If you have Resta, please, for the love of god, heal me when I nano. I'm tanking everything in the room and smashing them all at once. Please, please keep me alive http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif

Cracka_J
May 16, 2008, 03:08 PM
Where is the Sexua| Favors checkbox option?

Deadly_Force
May 16, 2008, 03:13 PM
On 2008-05-16 13:08, Cracka_J wrote:
Where is the Sexua| Favors checkbox option?

Kamiense
May 16, 2008, 03:27 PM
To me, good techers do their jobs correctly and use their class to their full potential. When I played as an fT, I almost exclusively used attack techs and had a lot over 21+. Cards are good for guntechers, but fT's ATP is too low to use them effectively.

Just know how to use your class effectively, and you should be fine.

BlackEyeKing
May 16, 2008, 03:58 PM
On 2008-05-16 03:50, Adjitator wrote:
I've played a force from day one, and not all of my spells are maxed, not even half of them, but then, I'm not worried about leveling spells I don't like. But then, I am also a AT, and my buffs/gir-resta re in their top tier.

As the above posters said, it is about your play style. I try to do my best to keep peoples buffs active, as well and keep their health in a respectable state.

One thing I refuse to do is to take responsibility for baby-sitting everyone else. If i say I am about to renew the buffs, and you run off on your own, then that tells me you don't want them. If I am in the middle of something and you hollar for me to heal you, then most likely I will wait until you use one of your oh-so-precious trimates to do the job.

Even though I play as a support techer, that DOES NOT make me your slave, I expect people to be able to handle some things for themselves during a run, using my help as it was meant to be, support

Oh I hate when people run off. I'm only using MY photon points to help you... the least you can do I wait for them. And those are the people who yell in the middle of a match and to them I say well I tried to help you before but you can do it yourself. Of course then they only shout back with I died because of you or you're AT and only here for support...Blah blah blah

Shinko
May 16, 2008, 04:07 PM

i completely agree with this. i couldn't of said it better.

Kamiense
May 16, 2008, 04:21 PM

People STILL consider techers slaves (pretty much)? I was hoping the community matured.

Darius_Drake
May 16, 2008, 05:02 PM
I just normally pick up the first techer that has the qualifying level. It is hard to tell how they play until you play with them. My techer is ok. She only has a few attack spells leveled high, but her support techs are very balanced. To be fair though her main job is Acrotecher even though she is currently listed as a Fortetecher. My play style is always be as a support techer first.

Iduno
May 16, 2008, 05:43 PM
As long as theyre not game-lagging ra-megid spamming completely non suport retards I dont mind (come on they are more annoying then chikki spammers and tornado dancers put together)

Rashiid
May 16, 2008, 06:02 PM
On 2008-05-14 18:04, chaoskila wrote:
ZONDE =]

Mine was 32 before I departed!
Honestly, that is all I needed to get into parties...

Hiero_Glyph
May 16, 2008, 06:34 PM
On 2008-05-16 15:02, Darius_Drake wrote:
I just normally pick up the first techer that has the qualifying level. It is hard to tell how they play until you play with them. My techer is ok. She only has a few attack spells leveled high, but her support techs are very balanced. To be fair though her main job is Acrotecher even though she is currently listed as a Fortetecher. My play style is always be as a support techer first.

Talk to Kerry157, you do not need any high level offensive techs to play an Acrotecher. Just use a Saber, Whip or Dagger and whack things. I'm curious how his damage compares to Chikki, Ikk Hikk and Jabroga though. I mean he is buffing himself so the damage must be close, right?

And as for playing a support techer first, this is the correct answer! Until they rebalance technics this is your strongest ability and greatest function in a party.

Almeho
May 16, 2008, 06:54 PM
I like to see someone enjoying what they do. Whether it's nuking everything, being full-on support, or somewhere in between, I don't mind. As long as they don't just sit there. I am "support first" kinda techer with both of my techers (with all my AT's support at 31+) so, I don't know where I'd fall in your opinion. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif;

Jonias86
May 16, 2008, 07:00 PM
I like techers who are good at stat buffing and keeping the teams HP in check, I've always been known to pass off items to the techer to make sure he doesn't fall off of his job.

Loboo
May 17, 2008, 02:06 AM
I look for Hikaru because everything explodes when hes there and he heals...im not just saying this because hes seen me naked either ;l

Zarode
May 17, 2008, 02:47 AM
Resta
Shifta
Deband
Zodial
Retier
Giresta

okay.

High level spells (lv21+)

no no.

:>

BlackEyeKing
May 18, 2008, 02:49 AM
well thanks everyone who replied

Kerry157
May 18, 2008, 06:42 AM
On 2008-05-16 16:34, Hiero_Glyph wrote:

Talk to Kerry157, you do not need any high level offensive techs to play an Acrotecher. Just use a Saber, Whip or Dagger and whack things. I'm curious how his damage compares to Chikki, Ikk Hikk and Jabroga though. I mean he is buffing himself so the damage must be close, right?

And as for playing a support techer first, this is the correct answer! Until they rebalance technics this is your strongest ability and greatest function in a party.

...er no, you need to use techs if you are a numan.

Yusaku_Kudou
May 18, 2008, 07:04 AM
Acrotecher. Best buffs, best healing, decent ranged and melee attacks. Hella less slowdown.

Schubalts
May 18, 2008, 10:05 AM
On 2008-05-18 04:42, Kerry157 wrote:

On 2008-05-16 16:34, Hiero_Glyph wrote:

...er no, you need to use techs if you are a numan.

No, you don't. Unless it's robots or something that is just insane, like Bead Goodes(spelled that wrong).

Seority
May 18, 2008, 11:33 AM
How come I mis-spell one thing and get picked on, while some people's entire posts are screwed up and no one cares?
:<
I sudjest to Giresta before/after battles, but resta DURING them. Why? Resta just plain heals for more at highter levels then giresta and the main thing is that it casts faster, which can determine saving someone, or death.

EDIT:It's nice for those who can/should buff to do it during battles when a mission has already started. Why? Everyone is close to the monsters, for the most part, and the party doesn't have to slow down to wait for them. Win/win I say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-05-18 09:34 ]</font>

-Chilly
May 18, 2008, 01:07 PM
On 2008-05-14 01:01, ashley50 wrote:
a techer that knows what he's true job in the game
a techer that actually heals, Buffs etc

QFT

Pick the 3 techs you think do good overall damage and accurate (nosdiga, noszonde, dambarta) add resta, use these on 4 good rods. Have 2x pegic & cometarac?, with buffs one set and jellen zalure giresta and reversa on other set.

Yes, my set up. Pretty good force, mixture on offense and support.

MayLee
May 18, 2008, 01:10 PM
To use Dambarta, foie and diga and nothing else. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Hiero_Glyph
May 18, 2008, 01:42 PM
On 2008-05-18 09:33, Seority wrote:
How come I mis-spell one thing and get picked on, while some people's entire posts are screwed up and no one cares?
:<
I sudjest to Giresta before/after battles, but resta DURING them. Why? Resta just plain heals for more at highter levels then giresta and the main thing is that it casts faster, which can determine saving someone, or death.

EDIT:It's nice for those who can/should buff to do it during battles when a mission has already started. Why? Everyone is close to the monsters, for the most part, and the party doesn't have to slow down to wait for them. Win/win I say. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Seority on 2008-05-18 09:34 ]</font>

My apologies if you feel like I singled you out. The reason I did was because you actually did not misspell a word; you in fact used a phonetically similar word and made it into the word that you were unable to spell. I can deal with people who misspell words (like you did with sudjest). What bothers me is when people cannot tell the difference between a real word and one that sounds the same but does not exist.

And you are correct in your usage of Giresta. Giresta is a buff and situational skill, whereas Resta is a healing skill. Neither is a substitute for the other.

Gen2000
May 18, 2008, 04:38 PM
Only things I care for from a techer is they can save me money a run, not be one-shotted during HSM/Bruce/Egg Thieves type missions, and them not using Regrants.

Voison
May 18, 2008, 04:50 PM
This is why I hate some PSU Players.

Most people think that techers will just bend over for anyone...

well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.
and if someone dies, its you're fault.
And then you get booted or you miss alot of Exp cause your healing not to get booted.

So in my eye, I see in a Techer is Someone who heals once in a while, has good magic beside Diga and Dambarta, and has buffs when needed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Iduno
May 19, 2008, 03:12 AM
On 2008-05-18 14:50, -Chronus wrote:

well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.
And then you get booted or you miss alot of Exp cause your healing not to get booted.

So in my eye, I see in a Techer is Someone who heals once in a while, has good magic beside Diga and Dambarta, and has buffs when needed. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

That is perfectly true if only evryone saw it like that and learned to pop a trimate every now and then, I do on all my alts

thunder-ray
May 19, 2008, 06:06 AM
On 2008-05-16 01:31, BlackEyeKing wrote:

On 2008-05-15 20:10, Aries2384 wrote:

I agree to an extent. Even as AT I can outdamage Fortefighters. No my spells aren't 40 but it doesn't matter. Most of the people I've played with expect me to only heal and buff. No fighting or anything. I've been booted for using an attack spell and I thought that was the dumbest thing-I was helping...
Most people expect the help but it is mostly one sided. That sucks for us techers because when we get frozen thats pretty much like an Instant death from the free hit the monsters get on us because we have very low health and defense and can't live through those free shots. And yeah nobody helps us in those situations. I think maybe because people like this guy are too damn cheap to buy scape dolls and mates.
They aren't THAT expensive.

Let me say this better so people who misunderstood my post can better understand it. First off I said as long as a techer does HIs JOB that means if he wants to use attack techs be my guess. I also dont care for the lvl of there techs cuz lvling techs takes a hell of a long time to lvl them. As long as they do the best that they can in ether attack or support I dont care at all. Plus when I meant save me money yes it does save me quite a bit. I find having a FT in the party a benfit cuz their support skills outclass my own support thefore idea for the job. But this is not to say that I cant do support cuz im limited to mates. I do that all the time and NO! im not TOO DAMN CHEAP to waste some sols or dolls. And for the people who replyed this post I happen to make it my job as a fighter to make sure the techers doesnt die. That means that I will run my ass over their and make sure to heal him from stun or take a hit form a mob that would kill him in one hit. Hell even if you dont do support as much the fact that your doing something in the party all together is support. To clear somthing else up I never said once that FT's couldnt do decent tech dmg. Nor did I say that they shouldnt use attack techs im not some uptight asshole who will boot someone cuz he wants to use attack techs. If he is busy fighting mobs I cant expect him to run over and resta me all the time even they have their hands full. Thats why I said a FT can save me money cuz I dont always have something to sell and I might be saving up to buy something. It was my mistake for wording it wrong so im sorry.

Yuicihi
May 19, 2008, 06:34 AM
A few things.

Character Level: Honestly don't care. Just make it somewhere in the ball park, and you're fine.
Spells: A decent assortment of spells is perferable. One or two high levels. More would be awesome.
ZOMG HEALS: From my time as a Force, I know how bad people can be about this. I honestly don't expect you to come running when I get a paper cut. Mates exist for a reason, people. If I'm hurting and don't immediatly cure myself, have fun.
Etc.: This is more general, and I kinda already mentioned it, but one or two Scape Dolls would be really freaking awesome. I carry Moons (Gasp.), but me spamming them on you every five seconds simply won't happen, and I'll probably break out the kick button.

DreXxiN
May 19, 2008, 08:10 AM
I agree, I don't need heals constantly, just occasionally when the times are rough and buffs when the techer has tagged everything in the room, which allows him to do so.

I might add that my hopes are by the time MF comes out, everyone will pick the correct techer force for them, you know, THEIR JOB.

If you want to have a strong balance of attack and support, be fortetecher, and please have both leveled.

If you want pretty much full support with SE's to inflict on the enemy, be Guntecher, and please have at least buffs leveled.

If you want to be support, PLEASE IN THE BLOODY NAME OF JESUS Have your buffs AT LEAST above 21, 31, preferably. This is if you want a balance of speed to support, and be able to do some pretty decent damaging attack spells and attacks as well

If you want to be a techer with decent spells, but still do okay damage with melee, be Wartec....Nevermind, stay AT.

X-Factor
May 19, 2008, 08:16 AM
This seem to be an interesting topic of discussion. I've been playing with my FT for quite a while now. Yes... she's maxed out level wise but not tech wise. Most of my techs are within the 21-31 range. Buffs are around 23-24. I know it's not perfect... but my eyes can't take looking at a screen trying to level spells and whatnot. But all in all, I am a well rounded techer.

But enough of that... I'll have to agree some of the people on here. You DO have mates for a reason. USE THEM IF I'M NOT NEARBY!! And don't ask me to buff you in mid fight. I wouldn't have to do that if you stood still for just 10 seconds. If I see that you died and ran outta scapes... I will bring you back, no problem with that. The problem would be you jumping back into the fray and dying 5 seconds later. The crystals are there so you CAN go back and get some damn scapes. I've seen people come into a party without scapes and it makes me wonder if you solo a mission without scapes or do your tech/skill/bullet leveling without scapes. Now if it were a techer that didn't have scapes... people would be like "wtf? no scapedoll?" Sorry that i died and have to make you spend 2 seconds to use a moon atomizer. Didn't mean to take that EXP away from you.

So with that... a balance techer is fine by me. I figure i save the rest of my rant for a later date and time

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 08:26 AM
I want my techers to be able to do damage and take care of business no matter what, i would love to stay buffed/healed as much as possible but that always can't happen when there's barta storms and surrounded by mobs when the techer is doing their thing elsewhere.

There sadly is a shortage of GREAT techers, but loads of average ones, especially those weird ass acro-techers who use nothing but twins and offensive techs.....well IMO

Cracka_J
May 19, 2008, 10:01 AM

And this is why I dislike the majority of this community. Several people have been playing PSU since launch, PSO before that, and still fail to realize that this is a MF'ING TEAM BASED GAME.

A good techer does 1 thing and 1 thing only. They realize they are the GLUE that solidifies a team and makes all the components work at max potential. I've said this before and will continue to say it no matter the flames that it inspires. If you fail to exploit every opportunity a techer job gives you, neither you or your party will ever be working at highest ability.

Your healing options are greatly expanded with giresta. Why are you bitching about healing all the time when most areas have long walks between mobs and one giresta between mobs will usually heal & keep everyone healed for quite a long time. It has regen. Use it.

If someone dies, it's not your responsibility. I have no idea how it degraded to a techers job/obligation to keep everyone alive. You can use items in all other classes. If you get critical'd by something, use a mate. Even a godly techer can not heal you 24/7. What a good techer will do though, is TRY to keep everyone alive. If shyt happens, shyt happens. There's a lot of situations where a techer can't do anything. But not being able to do something and ignoring to do something are 2 different things. Do everything in your ability you can do, and do it consistently.

Buffs are not hard to level. Use AT to level 30 buffs if you wanna play fT. Use har quick/tech mags if you wanna do it even faster. Wait a couple more weeks and you get pa rebalance. No excuses for unleveled buffs. Especially At's. Level dat shyt, and keep your party buffed. If people run away, don't cry about it, just don't buff them. They'll learn to stick close eventually, if not, it's their fault, they can megistaride.

Like I said, you should be having no problem tagging everything for exp if your using giresta on a team. This will eliminate constant heals for the most part, and allow you to focus on nuking.
GIRESTA ALSO STACKS. Meaning if you use giresta at the beginning of your game, and nobody takes a hit for awhile, giresta will still stack onto their life, and will apply itself when the first hit is applied to the character. The result? They go back too 100% life due to the giresta stack, and you don't have to lift a finger. Easy healing.

Imo you don't have to "bend over" or "be a bitch" for anyone. If you are doing your job to it's fullest, everyone benefits. If you don't wanna play that way, go play a fps or 1 player rpg where all you need to take care of is yourself. This is a team game, if your not a team player gtfo.

Zarode
May 19, 2008, 10:24 AM
On 2008-05-19 08:01, Cracka_J wrote:
GIRESTA ALSO STACKS. Meaning if you use giresta at the beginning of your game, and nobody takes a hit for awhile, giresta will still stack onto their life, and will apply itself when the first hit is applied to the character. The result? They go back too 100% life due to the giresta stack, and you don't have to lift a finger. Easy healing.

This is why I heal constantly while I'm on my Acrotecher. Even for the slightest damage, because when I know you get a big hit after all that Giresta stacking, it won't be anything but a "thang." :>

I love it when the Xbox people think I'm actually healing them when that happens too, and they consider me "THE BESTEST ACROTECHER EVAR." What disturbs me is how often people tell me that. ;|

Acrotecher's:

Everyone I have played with has not complained about my Lv21 Buffs so far. I got better things to do then sit around mashing the x button. I'm just going to wait for the PA Leveling Patch to finish my buffs.

Oh and, contrary to popular belief: Acrotechers are a terrible melee class. Stop using them as if they weren't.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zarode on 2008-05-19 08:27 ]</font>

Aethiopica
May 19, 2008, 12:46 PM
well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.You apparently never played PSO.

desturel
May 19, 2008, 01:02 PM
On 2008-05-19 10:46, Aethiopica wrote:

well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.You apparently never played PSO.Okay, this statement confuses me a bit. In PSO every non-cast character could use resta. Casts had auto-regen on HP. You could cast resta at anytime no matter what what weapon you had equipped. You also did not have to "level" resta since you could get the disc for resta at whatever level you wanted it at. Overall it was easier to heal in PSO than it is in PSU. Weapon switch lag has killed many a party member that refused to heal themselves. This is something that did not occur in PSO.

Aethiopica
May 19, 2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, let me tell you, watching HUmars cast Resta for 300-something HP was a sight to behold, hoo boy.

The Resta on any class that wasn't a FO- or a Huney (debatable) was a waste of TP. Further that with the fact that techs did piss-poor damage, damage canceled the people in your party who were doing the real damage (invariably your Charge-spamming HUcasts) and you could tag faster AND vastly increase your party's damage by tagging with Jellen and Zalure, the job of a FO (and most often the FOnewearl - other Forces had enough ATP to become decent meleers) became "Lay down J/Z on every mob that spawns the second they spawn, lay down S/D on my party the second it fades, and heal them the second they become hit", simply because there wasn't much we could do otherwise.

Schubalts
May 19, 2008, 01:09 PM
On 2008-05-19 08:24, Zarode wrote:
Oh and, contrary to popular belief: Acrotechers are a terrible melee class. Stop using them as if they weren't.

I'm sorry, what? Have you played this class?

RegulusHikari
May 19, 2008, 04:55 PM
Since when was 'being someone's bitch' synonymous with 'being a good teammate'? Here's an idea:

Grow some balls and stop feeling inferior for helping somebody else out. What are you people, 12?

"Guys guys this resta takes 2 seconds off of my speed run, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE."

Zarode
May 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
On 2008-05-19 11:09, Schubalts wrote:

I'm sorry, what? You are stuck in a ridiculously long whip PA combo and can't use resta on your dying teammates? God, even the quick stuff will still get you stuck till it's over, in most S2 situations.

I don't care if an AT in question can melee or not, most people I see, are freaking incompetent with melee, let alone everything they do on this easy game.

And also with that outlook on Acrotechers, I expect the same from players. I DON'T expect them to use mates, and I DON'T expect them to use common sense or good judgment. And most of the time, I'm right.

I wouldn't pro-dominantly use whips if I had the choice to Melee, and I understand that most melee weapons, if used correctly, don't get you stuck in stupid situations. It's just, what I have observed is that casting techs is overall better for the class. Maybe not for a Cast or Beast, but works damn well for a Human and a Newman.

Out of 30 acrotechers, if 1 can melee and heal/buff effectively, look at me and ask if I care. Because I don't.

I'm just getting sick of picking up slack where I shouldn't be on MY Acrotecher.

Sorry, but after what I see in this game with others, I won't think positively of Melee Acrotechers. And if you can do it, that's great, fine, keep it to yourself. I don't care, because we don't play on the same server, and I wouldn't even care then.

Quite frankly, replying to this would be pretty stupid, so don't. Heck, I don't even know why I am bothering. Your post is stupid and jarring as is anyways. I've played this game DAMN WELL LONG ENOUGH to know what the hell I'm talking about, same with Acrotecher.

If you need to vent directly, just PM me then. If you wanna argue all day and night, then forget it. This is all I'm giving to this little shindig. :| I don't care who replies to this, I'm probably not going to answer back. Bite me.

ljkkjlcm9
May 19, 2008, 11:29 PM
yay, because most people can't melee effectively as an AT, no one can!

Melee on an acrotecher can be quite useful. In fact, cards can be quite useful as well. Acrotechers do not have to be pure tech, especially considering some enemies are less resistant to melee or bullets. Jarba or flying enemies? I'll use cards thank you. Big enemies with multiple hit spots? I'll use a dagger. Techs have their place, but often times melee and ranged can be more useful. Anyone that limits themselves to just one of these forms is severely limiting the classes potential. That's the exact reason I loved AT on my alt character. I could do a bit of everything with them.

THE JACKEL

BlackEyeKing
May 20, 2008, 02:18 AM
or for flying monsters use NOs spells and for mobs theres RA techs. They do more damage anyway

Seority
May 20, 2008, 01:44 PM
Unfortunetly, SEGA has made this game less and less team-based so there's not much need for an AT AT THIS MOMENT. The big plus to AT's are their 31+ buffs, till the update comes when they can have 41+ buffs.
Yes I'm doing 200-300 more damage each hit then before, but unfortunely the boss only has 25k hp so it dies in the same amount of time as before.
So this means that AT's don't help with speed runs because an out-damaging FF or w/e can take their place, which would then speed up the run. AT's are needed for difficult missions, as I've already stated, there are few to none, and MAG is definitetly NOT a difficult mission. Caves can be cake with a PT, so yeah, sorry AT's. My main is half AT and half FF, so it is a bummer to me that we are un-needed.

FOR NOW. :P

Akaimizu
May 20, 2008, 01:49 PM
Well, the same can be said for pretty much all Hybrids sans Protranser; but that doesn't mean they can't be used well and still keep things moving. Might as well play for the combination of stuff you like while waiting for tougher stuff, to make you shine more.

panzer_unit
May 20, 2008, 02:28 PM
On 2008-05-19 10:46, Aethiopica wrote:

well they shouldn't. Ya they should heal but not hold everyones hand and make sure they are 100% HP and buffed 24/7.You apparently never played PSO.

Good thing this isn't PSO then. Good techers can spend most of their time on offense.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-20 12:38 ]</font>

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 20, 2008, 03:14 PM
On 2008-05-19 11:09, Schubalts wrote:

He's right, AT is a terrible melee class. However, melee is so overpowered compared to techs, that melee AT is still quite good.

Akaimizu
May 20, 2008, 03:23 PM
It certainly beats GTs melee to heck. Of course, there's a move or two even they have used, from time to time on stuff like the few, the proud, the multi-target large bullet resistant mobs. Going from that to AT is like getting an incredible Melee boost seeing 6 grand "combined" combos, and the like, on them.

Still, they do some nice techs, and it pays to mix it up. Of course, newbie ATs are going to go more for melee since it still takes a bit of time for most of their techs to shine. They're enjoying the immediate gains of melee partially because melee is super-powered. Especially on a class that has weapons choices that are incredibly easy to Just Attack every portion.

AT isn't meant to be going all melee. But right now, halfway decent melee outperforms a lot of other stuff that's been worked on for weeks and weeks, and/or months, depending on the ability.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-20 13:31 ]</font>

Tsujikiri
May 20, 2008, 05:32 PM
[/quote]

And this is why I dislike the majority of this community. Several people have been playing PSU since launch, PSO before that, and still fail to realize that this is a MF'ING TEAM BASED GAME.

A good techer does 1 thing and 1 thing only. They realize they are the GLUE that solidifies a team and makes all the components work at max potential. I've said this before and will continue to say it no matter the flames that it inspires. If you fail to exploit every opportunity a techer job gives you, neither you or your party will ever be working at highest ability.

Your healing options are greatly expanded with giresta. Why are you bitching about healing all the time when most areas have long walks between mobs and one giresta between mobs will usually heal & keep everyone healed for quite a long time. It has regen. Use it.

If someone dies, it's not your responsibility. I have no idea how it degraded to a techers job/obligation to keep everyone alive. You can use items in all other classes. If you get critical'd by something, use a mate. Even a godly techer can not heal you 24/7. What a good techer will do though, is TRY to keep everyone alive. If shyt happens, shyt happens. There's a lot of situations where a techer can't do anything. But not being able to do something and ignoring to do something are 2 different things. Do everything in your ability you can do, and do it consistently.

Buffs are not hard to level. Use AT to level 30 buffs if you wanna play fT. Use har quick/tech mags if you wanna do it even faster. Wait a couple more weeks and you get pa rebalance. No excuses for unleveled buffs. Especially At's. Level dat shyt, and keep your party buffed. If people run away, don't cry about it, just don't buff them. They'll learn to stick close eventually, if not, it's their fault, they can megistaride.

Like I said, you should be having no problem tagging everything for exp if your using giresta on a team. This will eliminate constant heals for the most part, and allow you to focus on nuking.

Imo you don't have to "bend over" or "be a bitch" for anyone. If you are doing your job to it's fullest, everyone benefits. If you don't wanna play that way, go play a fps or 1 player rpg where all you need to take care of is yourself. This is a team game, if your not a team player gtfo.

[/quote]

Agreed.

Schubalts
May 20, 2008, 09:43 PM
On 2008-05-19 21:18, Zarode wrote:
I'm sorry, what? You are stuck in a ridiculously long whip PA combo and can't use resta on your dying teammates? God, even the quick stuff will still get you stuck till it's over, in most S2 situations.

Use a damn Trimate and go back to killing things.

Quite frankly, replying to this would be pretty stupid, so don't. Heck, I don't even know why I am bothering. Your post is stupid and jarring as is anyways. I've played this game DAMN WELL LONG ENOUGH to know what the hell I'm talking about, same with Acrotecher.

I've been playing since the first weekend of PSU's release, don't try to pull some stupid "I've been playing longer, therefore I know best" crap.

If you haven't played as a class or you only party with stupid people who play as a class, that doesn't mean you know a damn thing about the class itself.

e13kiana
May 20, 2008, 10:00 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:00, JAFO22000 wrote:

Me and at least one of my friends have almost all of them to 31+... (actually he has them all to 31+, and most of mine are the upper area of 21+...)

Kirie
May 20, 2008, 10:09 PM
On 2008-05-14 14:39, Sasamichan wrote:

On 2008-05-14 14:12, panzer_unit wrote:

QFT

I almost cried when I saw someone wrote this... xD Thank you~ <3

_K1_
May 20, 2008, 11:55 PM
Having played FT, AT, GT, and WT, the only thing anyone ever cares about is keeping themselves alive. If you can heal and buff, that's all anyone will notice. Those techs you spent months or years leveling? Who cares, they don't add to my ATP.

A good FT will be able to use Resta/Reverser to keep their party alive while dealing damage with high-level techs. A good AT will do the same, but with skills instead. A GT will use bullets and techs, and a WT will be an incredible tank who can soak up damage and heal like no ones business.

And no one who doesn't play a techer will care.

All most non-techers want is healing and buffs. They want to be baby-sat and buffed and that's it. They don't care about your offensive techs, because they don't want to be outdone by the same people who are keeping them alive.

Garnet_Moon
May 21, 2008, 06:49 AM
A techer who heals and buffs and saves their horribly weak spells for when they lolsolo. Most techers can't even hit anything with their spells due to lag, mobs teleporting around the room, or just being plain blind.