PDA

View Full Version : Sange is a Waste of MAG Final Prize?

AlMcFly
May 14, 2008, 10:31 AM
So yah. Anyone else think that a 9* saber Sange, which is overall worse than the already newbish Crimson, is a complete waste of a final MAG goal? I mean nostalgia mospalgia, fond memories aren't worth getting a 200,000,000 kill count for. It will never ever be used by anyone past the first week after the event.

The ONLY reason I will hold onto it is the possibility of it being needed for something later ie: a combination with Yasha to form some Uber S rank.

However if they make Sange or it's board available as a drop in ANY way, I am canceling my account and going back to PSO. It would have been a waste of time in that case. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

CeruleanWitch
May 14, 2008, 10:39 AM
gb2/PSO/

Shiro_Ryuu
May 14, 2008, 10:44 AM
No, I don't think of it as a waste. I could care less about the stats, I just want a Katana. Like I've said a million times already, this is the one rare I want the most.

CeruleanWitch
May 14, 2008, 10:54 AM
On 2008-05-14 08:52, Para wrote:
The final prize should be Spread Needle/G for everyone thus making all the Kill Count players go oh wtf.

Agreed. Even though we'll never hit that 200 mil anyway.

AlMcFly
May 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
On 2008-05-14 08:52, CeruleanWitch wrote:

See:

On 2008-05-14 08:31, McFlyVII wrote:
However if they make Sange or it's board available as a drop in ANY way, I am canceling my account and going back to PSO. It would have been a waste of time in that case. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sleepy.gif

Why aren't you back there already?

Um, because Sange is not a board or drop yet? Could have sworn the paragraph answered it for everyone. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

Edit: P.S. Still has no relevance. The question is your opinion about the final prize. If I wanted your opinion about whether I should stay or go, the poll would have been about that. Nice try.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: McFlyVII on 2008-05-14 08:59 ]</font>

NikkiC
May 14, 2008, 10:55 AM
I'm not going to lose any sleep over it, if we do get it then I'd say it's better than some of the other 'prizes' at least, in the sense that it actually has some use out in the field, rather than just sitting in your room flapping open once every couple of seconds to show you all the coins it has, none of which can actually be used as currency, making it about as useful as a solar powered torch. They could have given us a better 200m prize, but they could have given us a lot worse too.

EMPYREAN
May 14, 2008, 10:57 AM
what, its only a 9*????
that CANT be the 200 mill price.

CeruleanWitch
May 14, 2008, 10:59 AM
On 2008-05-14 08:57, EMPYREAN wrote:
what, its only a 9*????
that CANT be the 200 mill price.

This is Sonic Team we're talking about. You'd have to have no expectations for them to be impressed.

ArcImpulse
May 14, 2008, 11:39 AM
However if they make Sange or it's board available as a drop in ANY way, I am canceling my account and going back to PSO.

Gib rarz

SammaeltheDark
May 14, 2008, 11:52 AM
Enjoy your old, clunky, outdated game

JAFO22000
May 14, 2008, 11:56 AM
So you feel if the Sange is made available in any way, shape or form at any time after this event that the whole event would have been a waste of your time?

Do you play for FUN with the chance of a prize, or do you play for prizes with a chance of fun?

So your absense on the leaderboards is soley due to the Spread Needle being confirmed as a future drop?

Jakosifer
May 14, 2008, 12:04 PM
Don't care really, it could be worse.

Bael
May 14, 2008, 12:07 PM
Why do these threads exist? do people not already know that they play with people online who actually like the neat little trinkets? Frying pan, twin bulbs, Etc.
Just be cause you think it's lame doesn't mean everyone else does.

I don't use sabers. SO I really don't care if we get it. But I know many who do want it.
and i'm not gonna quit scoring points for them.

Kylie
May 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
I don't care for it or any of the remaining prizes - well, the grinding boost slightly interests me.

pikachief
May 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
So yah. Anyone else think that a 9* saber Sange, which is overall worse than the already newbish Crimson, is a complete waste of a final MAG goal? I mean nostalgia mospalgia, fond memories aren't worth getting a 200,000,000 kill count for. It will never ever be used by anyone past the first week after the event.

The ONLY reason I will hold onto it is the possibility of it being needed for something later ie: a combination with Yasha to form some Uber S rank.

no because for some reason majority of this game cares more about how their weapon looks than if their doing any damage to help their group :/

Nani-chan
May 14, 2008, 12:16 PM
Well for "The Collector" you need Melton's Frying Pan to trade in for Melton's Frying Set. (Same with Setsuko In both cases a Saber becomes a Twin Saber.

Maybe there will be an option to trade Sange and Yasha to make a Twin Saber.

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
Well what the hell do you want, 15* Elsydeons with 9999 ATP for everyone? All the PSO worshippers kept whining to Sega about how they wanted PSU to be nothing more than a PSO 2. Now that they get what they want, they complain more. Something's not adding up.

Sasamichan
May 14, 2008, 12:25 PM
There are much useful saber than this shit weapon.

Neith
May 14, 2008, 12:37 PM
I'll be using Sange if we hit 200mil. Regardless if the stats aren't great, it (with Yasha, admittedly) was my signature weapon in PSO, and I'll use it again in PSU. You don't even need good equips to do well in PSU now anyway.

Shame it's Neutral though, that and the 100PP hurt it quite a bit.

Edit: Got a good laugh from all the elite OMGSUX crowd though- It's funny how you all complain PSU is too easy, but then force yourselves to use the best weapons possible, in turn making it even easier!

Personally, I'd rather use weapons that look good than some 15* weapon that looks like a Fisher-Price toy, and that's why I'll use Sange.

Likewise, I use a grinded Neiclaw, which most people seem to (wrongly) believe sucks, because it's B-Rank.

It's not like you'll find the game hard using Sange. It'd just be like using say a Lightning weapon against Fire monsters. On the positive side, at least it won't be weak against any attributes.

I think people need to realise that S-Rank pallettes do not make you a better player, particularly if they're low %. Yeah, don't be surprised when your 10% Mugunruk is outdamaged by my Muktrand http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I guess what I'm trying to say is, get down of your high-horses a bit. Sange isn't as bad as it looks- the ATP is still pretty nice, and with PP regeneration on melee hits, the 100PP shouldn't pose a problem. The only downside is the neutral element, but it's not the end of the world.

Edit 2!: Have you guys even looked at how this thing grinds? 682ATP at +5? (Stronger than a Blackheart!) 750ATP at +10? (Stronger than most Sabers in general). PP stays at 100, but I figure for areas with many elements of monsters, Sange will be usable for sure.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-05-14 10:51 ]</font>

Shiro_Ryuu
May 14, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:15, pikachief wrote:

no because for some reason majority of this game cares more about how their weapon looks than if their doing any damage to help their group :/

Not every one is as willing as you are to have to look at something ugly (*looks at sig w/ overweight female beast) when we play this game, so of course we'll want something pretty.

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 12:43 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:41, Shiroryuu wrote:

On 2008-05-14 10:15, pikachief wrote:

Not every one is as willing as you are to have to look at something ugly (*looks at sig w/ overweight female beast) when we play this game, so of course we'll want something pretty.

Ooh, burn.

This game is all about looks, you could take a S2 mission with a friggin 1* weapon this game is so easy.

panzer_unit
May 14, 2008, 12:52 PM
I take it the saber doesn't have any awesome special properties like incapacitate or insane PP regen?

It's a cool looking toy, and all jobs can use it unlike Song For Death ... great weapon but class-specific and OMG SO MANY PISSED OFF PEOPLE. All you need to do is log in ONCE during the event period to be due for this thing as a reward... why should it be THAT good?

ArcImpulse
May 14, 2008, 01:04 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:25, Typheros wrote:
Well what the hell do you want, 15* Elsydeons with 9999 ATP for everyone? All the PSO worshippers kept whining to Sega about how they wanted PSU to be nothing more than a PSO 2. Now that they get what they want, they complain more. Something's not adding up.

Simple. Online games: BITCH BITCH WHINE BITCH WHINE MOAN BITCH WHINE MOAN COMPLAIN

Seority
May 14, 2008, 01:20 PM
What's this?
McFly leaving?
Maybe something good DID come out of MAG! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif
(JK, MAG acctually brought me lots of cool things already.)

jayster
May 14, 2008, 01:22 PM
I agree, I don't want the sange.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jayster on 2008-05-14 11:24 ]</font>

ljkkjlcm9
May 14, 2008, 01:49 PM
Note: Saber and handgun are the ONLY weapons every class can use (until master classes)
But not every class has S rank in it... so making it 9* makes it a weapon anyone can use as any class. Would you prefer a handgun?

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-05-14 11:50 ]</font>

Kion
May 14, 2008, 02:05 PM
On 2008-05-14 10:25, Typheros wrote:

I think those of us who wanted a PSO 2 were expecting similar play style with new mixed with the old. But with the sange the ultimate prize for a painstaking earned final prize for MAG, it's kind of like "why the hell do we have to work so hard for an item that wasn't even that rare in PSO?"

PekingDuck13
May 14, 2008, 02:09 PM
I really want the sange, but I sort of agree it may not be worthy of the 200 mil prize. But then again, none of the kill count prizes really appealed to me besides unlocking DF, so I don't care either way. You never know, the sange may not even be the 200 mil prize anymore. That would be pretty funny. But there's only one way to find out.

And the reason I want it is because my main class can't use S sabers, and this is the next best thing. I prefer variety in my games. If I didn't, I'd be using nothing but spears and spamming majarra all the time.

DoubleJG
May 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
The Sange being the final prize is a disappointment to me. I'm not very big on sabers, so chances are that I'll end up trading it for something of equal value.

So, I wish we were getting something else (like an even BIGGER grind boost), but I'll find ways to work with this reward.

Zekester
May 14, 2008, 02:31 PM
I think the Sange is hawt.

I'd want it. Hell, its the first Katana looking weapon we actually have so far, besides the nub Agito Repca.

AlMcFly
May 14, 2008, 02:38 PM
Wow, lots of flame replies. I'm happy! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif Ok, one at a time:

SammaeltheDark: That clunky outdated game is still 100 times more addictive than this up to date, easy as hell kiddy, horribly supported flaw of a game ;P. To say you are the best at this game is like saying I'm the greatest "chair-sitter" in history. You are the best at something that takes very little skill to do, congratz! lol. (Doesn't mean I don't like playing PSU though.)

JAFO22000: I play for the satisfaction of earning, that in itself is fun for me. I don't find much joy in things that are handed to me that I don't feel I earned. Too many people feel that they deserve sh*t they never earned. Also, you still think this is about the leaderboards? My absence from the leaderboard is in direct a product of not having the time for it, not because the spread will be offered later.

Bael: I created this thread to voice my thoughts and to hear other people's opinions on the subject of the Sange. That is the purpose of it's existence.

Typheros: No I don't want a super powered weapon as the final prize. I would actually prefer a MAG specific room deco or a special type of clothing. Also, I never wanted this to be PSO2 thus I never whined when it wasn't. I wanted the opposite, yet didn't get it. That is why I "complain".

UrikoBB3: Yes I complain PSU is too easy. Yes I get the best weapons possible. I also have complained that the best weapons possible are also too easy to get. Using a lower ranked weapon in a high rank mission does not make you a good player. It makes you a player that is already extremely bored at how easy the game is and know that the developers aren't going to bring any difficulty to the table so you purposely gimp yourself in order to get a challenge. There isn't a high horse where I reside. Yes I looked at the grind stats. What you mean to say is the Sange at +5 is 680 which is better than Blackheart +1. Blackheart +5 however is 726 which Sange doesn't reach until like +8 or so. Sange +10 is only 20 pts higher than Crimson. Big whoop.

Shiroryuu: I don't lack beautiful things in my life so I don't feel the need to look for it on a computer. Also, matter of opinion. Most of the so called "ugly" S ranks are far cooler looking in my opinion than these Asian inspired designs that appeal to all of the Anime fanboys who curse God every night for not letting them be born in Japan.

Seority: Are you still bitter from me not agreeing with you that one time? Get off of it, I already have. Holding grudges creates an inordinate amount of stress that will probably give you saggy boobs. (Unless of course they already are?)

ljkkjlcm9: Never thought about other classes not being able to use S rank sabers. Good point. That brings up another question. Should all classes be able to have access to top tier weapons of a kind or should it remain exclusive to a single?

My thoughts on the whole "make it an awesome, hard to obtain prize only to later give it to them easily anyway" can basically be summed up in a simple analogy even Seority could understand ;P:

Two brothers are promised to get rewarded for getting straight A's in all their classes. Brother 1 works hard all year and gets straight A's. Brother 2 slacks off and gets straight C's. Brother 1 is rewarded but upon seeing Brother 2's anguish, parents reward Brother 2 as well. Now Brother 1 is shit up a creek because he studied all that time for nothing while Brother 2 got to party yet received the same outcome.

If you can understand this analogy, then you have gotten over the first step in understanding how Democrats are destroying this country. Whew! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

SonicTMP
May 14, 2008, 02:43 PM
It's not like anything we get out of MAG is all that great. Any item we get is just an extra to play with. The only good things are the photon fortune, discounts and synth/grind bonus. But those only last 2 weeks to a month. So those dont matter much in the long run.

Drops from the mission itself and for turning in badges is where the good stuff is at.

Syl
May 14, 2008, 02:45 PM
On 2008-05-14 12:38, McFlyVII wrote:
WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Talk about flame baiter :/

Shiro_Ryuu
May 14, 2008, 02:53 PM
Shiroryuu: I don't lack beautiful things in my life so I don't feel the need to look for it on a computer. Also, matter of opinion. Most of the so called "ugly" S ranks are far cooler looking in my opinion than these Asian inspired designs that appeal to all of the Anime fanboys who curse God every night for not letting them be born in Japan.

I never called the weapons ugly, in fact, I think alot of those S ranks look totally badass. I was only poking fun at Pikachief since his character is pretty much hideous and he bitches about people wanting to use something that appeals to them visually.

Oh yeah, JG, if we all end up getting Sanges, if you want ANYTHING for your Sange, I will be more than happy to trade with you dude.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Shiroryuu on 2008-05-14 12:54 ]</font>

Neith
May 14, 2008, 03:00 PM
UrikoBB3: Yes I complain PSU is too easy. Yes I get the best weapons possible. I also have complained that the best weapons possible are also too easy to get. Using a lower ranked weapon in a high rank mission does not make you a good player. It makes you a player that is already extremely bored at how easy the game is and know that the developers aren't going to bring any difficulty to the table so you purposely gimp yourself in order to get a challenge. There isn't a high horse where I reside. Yes I looked at the grind stats. What you mean to say is the Sange at +5 is 680 which is better than Blackheart +1. Blackheart +5 however is 726 which Sange doesn't reach until like +8 or so. Sange +10 is only 20 pts higher than Crimson. Big whoop.

lolwat, how I was interpreted as flaming you I'll never know.

Not sure why you haven't been banned yet for constant flame-baiting, but whatever.

I didn't say I use low-rank weapons in high-rank games. I said I use the weapons I WANT to use. Last I checked, the game offered a choice of equipment, you are not forced into using the same as everyone else. And well, if you're saying I'm gimping myself using Sange or a Neiclaw, I'd say you're wrong. Both these weapons have a use, believe it or not. Most people underestimate HP restore, but it's very useful gaining HP while you're killing monsters. It's simply another way to play, rather than LOLBIGNUMBARZ (although, you still get big numbers with Neiclaw, and I know you will with Sange- feel free to hold me to that)

I also don't recall saying a Sange +5 was better than a Blackheart +5. I said 'better than a Blackheart'. If you're comparing a +5 S-Rank (and an 11* at that) to a 9*, of course the 11* will be better. There's only a couple of exceptions where an A-Rank is better than the equivalent S. What I mean is, as an A-Rank, a Sange is usable by ANY class. Giving a weapon with (potentially) 750ATP which is usable by any class isn't a bad thing in my eyes. Neutral weapons aren't as bad as most people say- you can still do decent damage with one anyway.

Finally 'only 20 points higher than Crimson'. Crimson being 10*, Sange being 9*. I'd say that's pretty impressive, not 'big whoop'.

Again, this'll just get locked soon because of all the flame-baiting. I wasn't even flaming you, but you took it that way anyway. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Anyway, if you don't mind, I'll be waiting to get my Sange when/if we hit 200mil, and damn right I'll be using it. Thankfully, the game doesn't force me to play with stat-whores, so I'll be playing with people who actually play for fun, not some of the people who have made a name for themselves on here. :>

Edit: Again, anyone who is so obsessed that Sange sucks, I'll buy all of your 'crappy' Sanges for the NPC sale price. You're just going to sell them/rip people off for them in store anyway, so I'm doing you all a favour!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: UrikoBB3 on 2008-05-14 13:04 ]</font>

JAFO22000
May 14, 2008, 03:03 PM

Well, he IS Republican....http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

JAFO22000: I play for the satisfaction of earning, that in itself is fun for me. I don't find much joy in things that are handed to me that I don't feel I earned. Too many people feel that they deserve sh*t they never earned. Also, you still think this is about the leaderboards? My absence from the leaderboard is in direct a product of not having the time for it, not because the spread will be offered later.

Ok, just to get this straight, you are only playing the event (well, the game really) to "earn" stuff. Once you found out that the item in the last milestone box is something you don't like, you think it's crap...but you're going to keep it anyway, just in case it turns out you may need it for something that is NOT crap in the future. AND, you will quit the game if ST makes this item, which you have "earned", available in ANY other form later on (I take this to mean as a drop, in the shop or as a special trade item).

Well, you sir are earning NOTHING during the event. You will receive prizes at the end equal to everyone else's prizes. Two people, one with 500,000 kills the other with 587 kills in the event will both receive the same prizes. How is this "earning" anything? The ONLY people really earning something are the ones on the kill leaderboard and the ones on the time attack leaderboard. Everyone else is just working together to acheive a goal.

And why is it that you will quit if the weapon is made available at a later date? If it is made available as a drop, don't you think the people who go out and hunt the item have done more to "earn" it and thus deserve it more than someone who had it handed to them because the servers as a whole met a kill quota????

Retehi
On 2008-05-14 12:45, SylviaEspada wrote:

http://apocalypse-tribe.com/rdfox/argh.jpg

Fixed that up for you. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Tiyr
It SHOULD be A-rank, as that will allow pretty much anyone to make some use of it.

Looking at stats in this game seems sort of silly to me since it's as easy as it is--PA and character levels really seem to have much more of an impact than weapons, so really, I generally sticks with aesthetics. So in that sense, it's a previously unavailable option, making it fine by me.

Honestly, I don't want to feel like I'm "working" for much of anything in this game. I log on, play the missions I feel like playing, and if I get something nice, great! If I don't want to play a mission, I log off. This is a distinctly different playstyle from the "earning gear" one, and I don't presume to say better or worse, but I sort of clam up any time I think about the game in those terms. Mainly because I played EQ, I played WoW, and if I wanted to work in a game I'd probably still be playing one of those.

Short answer: It's variety, in the aesthetic sense, and given that this whole event is PSO-nostalgia driven, it's pretty appropriate. So it's fine by me.

Zekester
May 14, 2008, 03:17 PM
You guys are only making this worse by continuing to flame him back. Just shut up and move on, if he doesn't like the final prize, big woop, most people probably hate every prize we get. Who cares. Just ignore it and continue playing. Also, please don't take this post in the wrong direction, Id feel bad if you start BAWWing.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

AlMcFly
May 14, 2008, 03:21 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:03, JAFO22000 wrote:
Well, you sir are earning NOTHING during the event. You will receive prizes at the end equal to everyone else's prizes. Two people, one with 500,000 kills the other with 587 kills in the event will both receive the same prizes. How is this "earning" anything? The ONLY people really earning something are the ones on the kill leaderboard and the ones on the time attack leaderboard. Everyone else is just working together to acheive a goal.

And why is it that you will quit if the weapon is made available at a later date? If it is made available as a drop, don't you think the people who go out and hunt the item have done more to "earn" it and thus deserve it more than someone who had it handed to them because the servers as a whole met a kill quota????

Since when did the definition of earning mean I was the only one getting the item? I look for personal satisfaction in getting an item even if 500 other people earned it. By your definition, you only have earned something if no one else has it. That doesn't even make sense.

Also, usually when people work together to reach a goal it is usually a goal that is of significant worth. Honestly the synths, grinds and Programs should have been the top goals but you people cry when things are too hard so they have to make them easy to obtain.

Honestly, I'm a flame baiter for replying to deliberate attacks on an opinion based comment that in no way offended anyone directly. Who is the worse person here? BTW, at no time did my blood pressure rise in writing these posts. These are the only ones that make me smile ;P.

amtalx
May 14, 2008, 03:26 PM
I still use my Frying Pan. What do you think about that, HMMMMM?!?

gurmlk
May 14, 2008, 03:29 PM
I would really like to get it, but it doesn't really matter anyway since because of 065 we're not going to be getting enough points anyway.

AlMcFly
May 14, 2008, 03:30 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:26, amtalx wrote:

Lol. I think that is your choice. Do I think a frying pan should be a MAG prize? No. Pretty damn close though lol.

Rayokarna
May 14, 2008, 03:31 PM

I got a Grinded one to 6. I should really use it.

On Topic: McFly spends most of his time on the fourms making topics like this anyway. If you really didn't like it, maybe you should have never come back =/.

(Saying that, I want this baby of a weapon for the simple fact both of my classes can use it http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

EDIT: This thing has HP Steal too. This is gonna stay on my pallet then. lol.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-05-14 13:37 ]</font>

Zekester
May 14, 2008, 03:34 PM

Frying Pan owns. Burn effect? Yes, please.

AlMcFly
May 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:31, Rayokarna wrote:
On Topic: McFly spends most of his time on the fourms making topics like this anyway. If you really didn't like it, maybe you should have never come back =/.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif If you ever notice the times in which I post at, it's always in a 3 hour window early afternoon PST in which I encounter down time at work every day. WTH else is there to do other than homework? Boop.

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
Screw you guys, I'm using 1* Twin Daggers.

BlackEyeKing
May 14, 2008, 03:52 PM
I don't think anyone cares if you leave.
It's free quit your bitchin.

JAFO22000
May 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:21, McFlyVII wrote:

Since when did the definition of earning mean I was the only one getting the item? I look for personal satisfaction in getting an item even if 500 other people earned it. By your definition, you only have earned something if no one else has it. That doesn't even make sense.

Also, usually when people work together to reach a goal it is usually a goal that is of significant worth. Honestly the synths, grinds and Programs should have been the top goals but you people cry when things are too hard so they have to make them easy to obtain.

Honestly, I'm a flame baiter for replying to deliberate attacks on an opinion based comment that in no way offended anyone directly. Who is the worse person here? BTW, at no time did my blood pressure rise in writing these posts. These are the only ones that make me smile ;P.

Again, you are making zero sense. You did not answer my post at all, rather deflected what I was saying. Nowhere in my post did I define what "earning" something was. All I said was YOU weren't earning anything. Other people are, as they may want the Sange. You do not. Therefore you are bitching about playing a voluntary event because you don't feel the reward at the end is good enough....yet, if they give it away to everyone at a later date, you are going to quit!!!! Do you see where your post makes no sense? What do you suggest they give us for reaching 200,000,000? What would be worth earning, in your opinion?

EDIT: Horrible quote editing by me!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JAFO22000 on 2008-05-14 15:12 ]</font>

Leah
May 14, 2008, 05:22 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:52, BlackEyeKing wrote:
I don't think anyone cares if you leave.

McLaughlin
May 14, 2008, 06:36 PM
I need a Sange to pair with my Yasha, so no. I don't think it's a waste of a final goal.

gratefulgriz
May 14, 2008, 11:24 PM
VOTE SOCIALIST and SANGE

mvffin
May 14, 2008, 11:41 PM
if you don't want it, sell it.

(or grind it, then sell it for more)

ashley50
May 15, 2008, 12:06 AM
hmmm...whatever.

However if they make Sange or it's board available as a drop in ANY way, I am canceling my account and going back to PSO. It would have been a waste of time in that case.
Good idea...bye.

wait a sec...why not cancel it now?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ashley50 on 2008-05-14 22:07 ]</font>

Weeaboolits
May 15, 2008, 12:29 AM
On 2008-05-14 13:34, Zekester wrote:

I still use my Frying Pan. What do you think about that, HMMMMM?!?Frying Pan owns. Burn effect? Yes, please.Yeah, frying pan certainly isn't a bad weapon, hell, even harisen has its merits (go go SE stun).

Also, if I had little trouble running around as a newman fighter with a harisen, and sange has considerably more atp and not much less pp, it'll work fine for anyone who knows how to use the square button and not just triangle.

ashley50
May 15, 2008, 12:33 AM
On 2008-05-14 22:29, Ronin_Cooper wrote:
Also, if I had little trouble running around as a newman fighter with a harisen, and sange has considerably more atp and not much less pp, it'll work fine for anyone who knows how to use the square button and not just triangle.

Too bad no one uses normal attacks to charge their Melee weapon.
Everyone is so dependent on their Photon Charges...

Weeaboolits
May 15, 2008, 12:53 AM
I use them, you can only carry 10 charges, and I don't like returning to the lobby if I don't have to.

AweOfShe
May 15, 2008, 01:30 AM
I am canceling my account and going back to PSO.

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z104/AweOfShe1/ani-young-varan-bunnies.gif

Shadix
May 15, 2008, 01:34 AM
Twin DBs is a 9* and right now it's better than Grand Cross.

_Vyser_
May 15, 2008, 01:50 AM
On 2008-05-14 23:34, Shadix wrote:
Twin DBs is a 9* and right now it's better than Grand Cross.

On that note, it seems like SEGA doesn't like single-handed sabers as much as twins. Let's use MAG for example. Both twin saber versions of the PSO weapons are close to, or better than 11*'s whereas the single-handed versions are weaker than crimson...I'm just glad these twin weapons are A-ranked (woo AF!). So yeah, I'll be using my Sange if we get it.

Shinko
May 15, 2008, 02:41 AM
well the only reason i want it is because of its looks. i just wish it had more pp. thats the big problem with it to me. other than that i would love to have....

this may be because i love REAL looking swords

GuardianElite
May 15, 2008, 02:53 AM
would make since it would have 100pp. Cmon, it has a small photon reactor...

Hyda
May 15, 2008, 07:16 AM
Why can't we just be satisfied we even have this event? ST could have decided to not give it to us.

Wheatpenny
May 15, 2008, 08:02 AM
I have a feeling that the Sange will be required to make Sange and Yasha so I will hang on to mine, I will also grind the everliving crap out of it just to see now strong it can get.

chu-chu-chu
May 15, 2008, 08:33 AM
The big prize of a pso-centered event is a cool-looking pso saber that everyone can use?

OUTRAGEOUS!

Let's all burn the forums!

Retsuya
May 15, 2008, 10:05 AM
Sange ftw
if your saying sange was common on pso then what would be the problem if everyone gets them? 200mil kills? to be fair, would owning a whole universe be fair for 200mil kill? looks like your the only one in that universe.. lol

Schubalts
May 15, 2008, 12:22 PM
On 2008-05-15 06:02, Wheatpenny wrote:
I have a feeling that the Sange will be required to make Sange and Yasha so I will hang on to mine, I will also grind the everliving crap out of it just to see now strong it can get.

750 ATP at +10.

chaostroop3
May 15, 2008, 01:28 PM
all this talk about playing psu to "earn" stuff makes me think...

after i hit level 130 i started to just haveing fun and it was funner than earning stuff witch you call fun

i think from now on im just playing PSU for fun not to get that spread needle (well i kinda do whant that a lil bit >.>) or trying to get a stack of money and thin get all your classes to 20 and then get every s rank in the game... just play for fun man its fun =] (ex:i play as a newman fortetecher and yesterday i became a fighgunner yaa)

Shiba1227
May 15, 2008, 06:28 PM
Can say please tell me there is a none-retarded reason he's doing this?

Anyway, I sure as hell won't miss you.

Katrina
May 15, 2008, 07:23 PM
It's a unique looking item that's free. I'm not sure how that qualifies as a waste.

Alastor_Haven
May 15, 2008, 07:59 PM
If you think it's such a waste

Then simply throw it away and let others enjoy it

That is all

jayster
May 15, 2008, 11:13 PM
don't worry mcfly, i'm on your side. I think the sange is a complete and total waste of a reward for 200 million. "Congrats, you reached 200 million; your 20 mil prize was better, your 50 million prize was better, your 100 million prize was better, your 160 and 180 prize were better. But we haven't had a treasure chest / rappy tip prize for a while so you can have this A rank saber. You grinded one of our boringest events yet for this sucker. Stay tuned: Next event will be 2 months, need 500 million and your prize will be Error 066 (the sequel) and another A rank weapon"

Weeaboolits
May 15, 2008, 11:38 PM
I'm sure a lot of players would shell out a tidy sum to get a spare or two, so even if you don't liike it, it wouldn't be a waste.

Atomic646
May 16, 2008, 12:35 AM
yeah, I'm pretty sure we won't hit 200mill since we only have 1 week left right? We need around 65mill more.

gratefulgriz
May 16, 2008, 02:20 AM
mcFLY PM me so we can exchange flames

<edit> lol =O

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: gratefulgriz on 2008-05-16 00:22 ]</font>