PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else not using Dus Majarra?

gurmlk
May 14, 2008, 03:37 PM
I just couldn't help but be curious about whether or not I'm the only Fortefighter in the game that doesn't plan on using Dus Majarra with my spear.

Sasamichan
May 14, 2008, 03:39 PM
I still use it, but not as much as I used to.

chaostroop3
May 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
im a fortetecher and i use it

>.> <.< >.> <.< >.>

tAKt
May 14, 2008, 03:40 PM
I just stopped useing it recently and started to work on dus robado and must say I'm pretty happy with it.

Anduril
May 14, 2008, 03:41 PM
I hardly ever use spears on my Fortefighter, but I use Majarra most of the time when I do. If/when I go Fighmaster I think that may be the only Spear PA I'll use since it is already fast, then take into account the speed boost.

SammaeltheDark
May 14, 2008, 03:42 PM
I haven't tried FF, but when I was WT I loved Dus Robado, nailing enemies around me all at once for a higher attack bonus on the first hit and just altogether spinning 'round, baby, right 'round. Like a record, baby. Right 'round 'round 'round...

gurmlk
On 2008-05-14 13:41, Anduril wrote:
I hardly ever use spears on my Fortefighter, but I use Majarra most of the time when I do. If/when I go Fighmaster I think that may be the only Spear PA I'll use since it is already fast, then take into account the speed boost.

Oh, speaking of Fighmaster, that just reminded me that I was wondering what weapon types that class is going to be able to use, because that will decide whether or not I will be using it.

xBladeM6x
I Do use Majarra Religiously, BUT in ALL honesty i don't see many people ACTUALLY use Majarra. They have it in their skill list, but they either won't use it in the party, (instead using Robado) OR they don't use a spear. Either way i would say that 30% Or more of FF don't use it.

But then again, can you blame the ones who use it/me? Its an awesome move. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xBladeM6x on 2008-05-14 13:43 ]</font>

gurmlk
May 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:42, xBladeM6x wrote:
I Do use Majarra Religiously, BUT in ALL honesty i don't see many people ACTUALLY use Majarra. They have it in their skill list, but they either won't use it in the party, (instead using Robado) OR they don't use a spear. Either way i would say that 30% Or more of FF don't use it.

But then again, can you blame the ones who use it/me? Its an awesome move. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: xBladeM6x on 2008-05-14 13:43 ]</font>
No, I can't blame them, it is an awesome move, the only reason why I won't be using it is because it doesn't mesh well with why I'm using a spear.

xBladeM6x
May 14, 2008, 03:44 PM
On 2008-05-14 13:42, gurmlk wrote:

Oh, speaking of Fighmaster, that just reminded me that I was wondering what weapon types that class is going to be able to use, because that will decide whether or not I will be using it.

Spears
Long Swords
Axes
Double Sabers.
S Class only.
End of discussion >.>

Syl
May 14, 2008, 03:45 PM

Just from the top of my head, I think it's spears, axes, double sabers, and swords.

I've never really played fF, but as any class that can use spears, Majarra is what I use. I don't spam it, but I do use it.

chaostroop3
May 14, 2008, 03:45 PM
axes dubale sabers spears and uhhh i think knuckales... but i dont really rember

Anduril
May 14, 2008, 03:46 PM

S rank only of: Sword, Axe, Double Saber, Spear. Requires: Fighgunner 10, Fortefighter 10. Get's speed boost. Uses more PP than other classes.
That's all you need to know about the class.

daniel_drago
I loved spears but after awhle i got bored of them never used Majj...wat ever the hell its called.... and never will so no ur not on ur own http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sasamichan

Spear, axe, Double sabers and knucks. (I think)

gurmlk
On 2008-05-14 13:44, xBladeM6x wrote:

Spears
Long Swords
Axes
Double Sabers.
S Class only.
End of discussion >.>

That's a nice list, thank you. If that's the list, then unfortunately I won't be using that class most likely. As much as I would like to have all of it's perks, I really need both my long swords and my twin claws with my fortefighter since those are my two main weapons.

Powder Keg
May 14, 2008, 03:49 PM
I use it depending upon the enemy and how fast the party is moving. Some people don't use that or Jabroga just because everyone else does....it's funny.

Gigorman
May 14, 2008, 03:51 PM
Unrealistic.

LuigiMario
May 14, 2008, 03:52 PM
The best spear move ever used. Thevfact that it allows you mobility on the 1st combo is great. Great for dodging.

SonicTMP
May 14, 2008, 03:53 PM
meh too much other stuff to level. Spears are in the backlog. >.>

Dragwind
May 14, 2008, 03:56 PM
I don't use it often, unless I'm aiming for speed/easy mode.

hiraisho
May 14, 2008, 03:57 PM
I pretty much save my Majarra for really dangerous mobs that I'd rather have dead asap.

redroses
May 14, 2008, 04:17 PM
I have never used and don't plan too. I don't really like they way it looks XD
Also, I haven't seen anybody with a Spear use anything else....and I mean it. Even if I do C runs and somebody is lv 10 and takes out his Spear he uses Majarra. I can't stand it anymore lol XD I know it's very powerful, but Dus Robado makes soooo much more fun and looks sexy =D can't ask for more.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: amai_berry on 2008-05-14 14:27 ]</font>

Alastor_Haven
May 14, 2008, 04:19 PM
If I'm lvling a Fighter type of Alt

I will spam it

And I found it funny people telling me to stop

''USE A DIFFERENT WEAPON http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif YOU HIT TO HARDDDDDD''

Other then that if I'm not lvling

I use other weapons

Rayokarna
May 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
Depends on what Spear Im using.

Feign
May 14, 2008, 04:38 PM
I use Anga Redda on my fF. I switch to Jabroga on big targets since the knockback is psychotically annoying for everyone, including myself. I only just now picked up a spear (Had a mugun sitting around collecting dust), but I use Dus Robado with that. I use my axe for single target and spear/sword for mobs.

pikachief
May 14, 2008, 04:38 PM
i usually use Dus Majjara as i got it to 30 in 2 days lol XD

but i will stop using it when we get our PA boost to lvl up my other PAs though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Turb0
May 14, 2008, 04:39 PM
It's the only spear PA I use and has been since I got it back in October.

Libram
May 14, 2008, 04:46 PM
I use it, but I generally don't throw out the end of the combo unless I feel I'm getting surrounded while my party isn't doing anything to help. Or if there's a Bear nearby. It was also the first Skill I finally got to 31, so I started working on other things. All my Spear Skills are at 31, so I've decided to stick that in storage while I work on everything else.

Edit: And as for using Robado, it more reliably flinches enemies and hits in a greater radius than Majarra. I also feel like it gives me extra flinch resistance for some reason, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Libram on 2008-05-14 14:47 ]</font>

GaNksTa
May 14, 2008, 04:54 PM
I don't use it as much since I already got it to 40 (Have Robado at 30.. just haven't bothered to raise a little more). I'm leveling up Gravity Break right now along with Ikk Hikk.. the two easiest PAs to level up; so spear use is minimal..

Ezodagrom
May 14, 2008, 05:03 PM
even though I rarely play with my FF...I just don't like majarra...lately I've been just using dus daggas with him (when I play with him xD)

LuigiMario
May 14, 2008, 05:10 PM
On 2008-05-14 14:46, Libram wrote:
I use it, but I generally don't throw out the end of the combo unless I feel I'm getting surrounded while my party isn't doing anything to help. Or if there's a Bear nearby. It was also the first Skill I finally got to 31, so I started working on other things. All my Spear Skills are at 31, so I've decided to stick that in storage while I work on everything else.

Edit: And as for using Robado, it more reliably flinches enemies and hits in a greater radius than Majarra. I also feel like it gives me extra flinch resistance for some reason, but that could just be my mind playing tricks on me.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Libram on 2008-05-14 14:47 ]</font>

Do you say anythong to those who always use last combo?

ketson
May 14, 2008, 05:32 PM
I use it 'cause it's broken, meaning overpowered. I only use it while soloing though and I hate the spear weapon-type. Ever since I saw a level 60 something using a level 40 majarra in MAG and not letting my techer tag anything is when I decided never to use it in groups unless it's a boss.

Fanin
May 14, 2008, 06:12 PM
I don't use spears as much as before because I already capped dus majarra. But when I do use spears, I use dus majarra most of the time.

Egg99
May 14, 2008, 07:00 PM
The real peach is when you join a party of 3 FFs who do nothing BUT spam that bloody PA. I understand it's stupidly powerful, but seriously. Diversification is nice too sometimes.

...not to mention it's nice to actually be able to tag everything before it drops in 2 seconds =/

gryphonvii
May 14, 2008, 07:07 PM
I stopped using spears after a while, I think dus daggas looks cooler, my majarra is only level 32 so that gives you an Idea of how very little I actually ussed it, and I got when it came out.

Celi-Ka
May 14, 2008, 07:17 PM
Lately all I've been doing is speed runs, so I'm basically living off of Dus Majarra and Paradi. I may get my hands on Dus Daggas once the PA update rolls around; I don't need Robado since I already have Tornado Break.

nooblet
May 14, 2008, 07:18 PM
i use majarra all the time, i pack atleast 2 spears on my pallet with it linked. its a very powerful PA.

I just wish swords was stronger, gravity break needs to hit multiple mobs.

MSAksion
May 14, 2008, 07:19 PM
I use Dus Daggas.

For Fortegunner mode - with lvl 20 skill this bad boy can take out the Adageha Degahan whatever spelling... with a good darkness spear i can kill him with dus daggas 2 hits to to target points over and over =D

Dus majarra - no doubt is powerful. But the Ride the Spear part - its so easy to get knocked off and thus cancel the first pathetic hit before the buzy bee needle 2nd combo can occur.

gryphonvii
May 14, 2008, 07:30 PM
On 2008-05-14 17:19, MSAksion wrote:
I use Dus Daggas.

For Fortegunner mode - with lvl 20 skill this bad boy can take out the Adageha Degahan whatever spelling... with a good darkness spear i can kill him with dus daggas 2 hits to to target points over and over =D

I used that alot hunting for rikauteri, now I'll only need to go back for a degahna cannon.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 14, 2008, 08:09 PM
I use Majarra a lot on my PT, but only because Daggas is very poor by comparison. I'd use Robado (which is very good), but Tornado Break is the only Sword PA I find tolerable, and my PT uses that, so Robado would be quite redundant.

Hrith
May 14, 2008, 08:54 PM
Majarra is good, but there's much better, so I rarely use it on fighter classes (I use it a lot on Fortegunner, since we don't get third part).

Daggas does about the same damage, you nub ^

Atomic646
May 14, 2008, 09:17 PM
I stopped using it because it's capped but, when I'm pissed...

AnamanaAU
May 14, 2008, 09:44 PM
Robado. Better range and more hits that Tornado Break. Hit's less, but that's a decent trade off for hits & range.

AweOfShe
May 14, 2008, 09:54 PM
I stopped using it once it hit 40.

biggabertha
May 14, 2008, 09:58 PM
Dus Majillion levels up fast that it's not funny or entertaining to see it level up so quickly. I remember back in the Winter event, mine leveled to 30 in about fifteen or so runs - it was THAT fast. Then again, that was when we were "weak" so I was only swinging for about 500 damage on the second combo so no wonder...

Dus Daggas is my main use now, I love how quick it is, how linear it feels and how much more realistic it is - Dus Robado's the same too.

From time to time, I will use Dus Majillion though just because it is insanely easy to use and I'm not a very good player to concentrate on optimising myself with my own damage to kill enemies. I have my friends to do that for me since they're ALL faster, stronger and better than a Protranser.

Dus Majillion's really turned me into a lazier player...

Hikage818
May 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
I have it leveled, but I refuse to use unless I'm asked to use it, I prefer Daggas because it reminds me more of a yarijutsu style of spear-play

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 15, 2008, 12:57 AM
On 2008-05-14 18:54, Hrith wrote:

I was talking more about range. I know they have similar damage potential. Majarra allows for you to turn around in the midst of the PA, and Daggas does not allow for nearly as much maneuverability.

HighOctane
May 15, 2008, 01:04 AM
I use Majara for soloing pretty much. Ive been switching back and forth between Fortefighter and Fighgunner a lot lately. I love the Twin and Single daggers but also enjoy spears. I have majara at 40 because i used it while i was lvling my char to get easy quick exp. after i capped i found myself using it a lot less.

Cybuster
May 15, 2008, 03:00 AM
My majarra is level 39, but when it reaches level 40 I will stop using it and move to another one

Hrith
May 15, 2008, 06:28 AM
On 2008-05-14 19:44, JubeiSaotome wrote:
Robado. Better range and more hits that Tornado Break. Hits less, but that's a decent trade off for hits & range.Tornado Break has more range than Dus Robado http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

On 2008-05-14 22:57, Ffuzzy-Logik wrote:
I was talking more about range. I know they have similar damage potential. Majarra allows for you to turn around in the midst of the PA, and Daggas does not allow for nearly as much maneuverability.Daggas has more range than Majarra >_> That's why Daggas hits two parts of Adahna Degahna and Majarra does not, for instance.

I know all the advantages of Majarra over Daggas -- maneuverability and radius, mostly, but also not having to use the third part to to the most damage and not requiring three targets -- yet Daggas still compares nicely, and is a hell of a lot faster.

soolayah
May 15, 2008, 06:37 AM
I used it a fair amount till 1up came around, then I got it to 28 and stopped since it was levelling too fast compared to my other pa's. I might as well have capped it since I haven't used it since. xD

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: soolayah on 2008-05-15 04:38 ]</font>

darkante
May 15, 2008, 06:40 AM
I use mostly knuckles and twin saber skills when i feel like trying out the class.
But against Carriguene makes Dus Majarra very useful to use on.

Regardless of class, i even use it with my Fortegunner when i´m against similiar creatures, because i feel it´s the one of the fastest way to kill those types of enemies.
Although, Drue Gohra is more fun to kill with Grenade launcher. D:

DreXxiN
May 15, 2008, 07:19 AM
I'm just using spears in MAG because
A.) I'll switch it up when the boost comes out
B. ) Half HP + Majarra = win.

I'd love to use robado with its advanced radius and illusionary "better" crowd control, but after doing the math, majarra is just the best, period (As far as spears go)

In some situations, Dagas can be better, but if that's the case, you should probably be using a different weapon type for that scenario anyway.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DreXxiN on 2008-05-15 05:23 ]</font>

LuigiMario
May 15, 2008, 07:56 AM
On 2008-05-14 18:54, Hrith wrote:
Majarra is good, but there's much better, so I rarely use it on fighter classes (I use it a lot on Fortegunner, since we don't get third part).

To a big monster, nope, unless it hits more than to parts

Noblewine
May 15, 2008, 12:33 PM
I have it equipped to my FF and WT. I love it though the 3rd combo is abit of a surprise.

RadiantLegend
May 15, 2008, 10:10 PM
majarra > daggas
In every way.

DoubleJG
May 15, 2008, 10:45 PM
It's too common, therefore I don't use it.

TranceZiggy
May 16, 2008, 03:15 AM
Majarra was common because it was pretty much OP compared to the other PAs pre-AotI, now with various PA buffs, along with the.. (forgot the 'official' name) EZMODE critical strikes, Majarra is no longer uber OP, because pretty much any melee PA can match its power.

Hrith
May 16, 2008, 10:13 AM
On 2008-05-15 20:10, Ragolismine wrote:
majarra > daggas
In every way.Like speed, PP cost, range and vulnerability to interruptions.

...can't believe a Fortefighter made such a n00bish comment.

Iduno
May 16, 2008, 10:31 AM
I dont use it because riding a spear like a magic carpet just looks too daft for me

Kylie
May 16, 2008, 02:06 PM
I have it and use it from time to time, but I don't use it nearly as much as some people do.

Zekester
May 16, 2008, 04:02 PM
Lulz, its already capped, working on the others. Its fun to use, but just mehh, when everyone spams it its like pointless.

Darius_Drake
May 16, 2008, 04:35 PM
I was probably one of the last people to try it. I didn't even buy the art until the master classes were announced. I pretty much have dus daggas and dus robado both leveled up past 21. I have actually gone back to leveling robado know though. I am also in the progress of leveling up my double sabers now as well as I switched to the fighgunner job.

Danny_Dark
May 16, 2008, 04:50 PM
I'm a Wartecher, and use it too...
It is one of my Favorite Spear Skills.