PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Portable Video(JP)

JaiBlue
May 14, 2008, 06:30 PM
Just found a video on Gametrailers.com for Phantasy Star Portable, (lawl PSP abbreviation)

Anyway here it is

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33987.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JaiBlue on 2008-05-14 16:40 ]</font>

DoubleJG
May 14, 2008, 06:39 PM
Awesome http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

easy
May 14, 2008, 06:42 PM
got the same boss out of of the Ambition of the Illuminus and i the rest when do sega make new stuff not buying this only then they make a new game

pikachief
May 14, 2008, 06:45 PM
On 2008-05-14 16:42, easy wrote:
got the same boss out of of the Ambition of the Illuminus and i the rest when do sega make new stuff not buying this only then they make a new game

thats cuz it has levels from AotI and original PSU >.>

it also has its own bosses of course lol

Tulio07
May 14, 2008, 08:16 PM
That bunny chick is using a Vivienne O_O YES!!!!! Or at least it looks like it.

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2191&sortby=name

chaoskila
May 14, 2008, 08:22 PM
sexy

Aries2384
May 14, 2008, 08:30 PM
It looks like ( from the preview) that there are alot of specialty weapons in the game. I wonder if the PSP version is only going to offer certain story arcs that will be PSP exclusive. I heard awhile back that there was a possibility that your online character file for PSU could affect certain things in the PSU psp game. Dunno where i heard it though. <shrug>

Touka
May 14, 2008, 08:41 PM
On 2008-05-14 18:16, Tulio07 wrote:
That bunny chick is using a Vivienne O_O YES!!!!! Or at least it looks like it.

http://pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2191&sortby=name

Well she should....because her name is Vivienne too haha.

Arika
May 14, 2008, 08:49 PM
When they showing those new weapons , does any1 noticed a Tea pot??? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Shou
May 14, 2008, 08:49 PM
Very nice

Raven5_1
May 14, 2008, 08:57 PM
damn you sega...

you wont tempt me to purchase a psp you hear me!

YOU WONT!

damnit!

Tulio07
May 14, 2008, 08:59 PM
On 2008-05-14 18:57, Raven5_1 wrote:
damn you sega...

you wont tempt me to purchase a psp you hear me!

YOU WONT!

damnit!

I got my psp for FF Crisis core ... but I probably wouldn't have if it wasn't for PSP

McLaughlin
May 14, 2008, 09:21 PM
Who are those new characters?

bertha
May 14, 2008, 09:36 PM
this has prorbobly been awnserd be4 but any news on when it will be availible in the us?

ChaosAngel92
May 14, 2008, 09:37 PM
The new weapons.....! The Characters!!!!!!! HELGA!!!!!
Finally, I feel like PSU is doing some progress on the storyline.
Im in for this game, totally....

Chuck_Norris
May 14, 2008, 09:38 PM
Where was the guy who made this when PSU was coming out? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

ChaosAngel92
May 14, 2008, 09:39 PM
Check the 1:50 minute.....I WANT A WALLPAPER WITH THAT IMAGE NAO!!!!

AnamanaAU
May 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
Looks like that dragon lizard thing is a clone of De Ragan, doing the fireball intro animation of him.

ChaosAngel92
May 14, 2008, 09:42 PM
On 2008-05-14 19:38, Chuck_Norris wrote:
Where was the guy who made this when PSU was coming out? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Indeed. Is it me or the trailer looks totally diferent from every other things on PSU. Well except from the tipic first prologue (that I already say it on my mind! "Kyasto, Newmanu, Bisto") and the horrid song---everything else looks diferent, i feel like if Sonic Team is putting some effort on the franchise....finally.

zandra117
May 14, 2008, 10:30 PM
At 1:35 I count 6 planets, all with PPT Shuttle jump gates between them. The planets even have lables next to them but they are too blurry to read.

Arika
May 14, 2008, 10:42 PM
On 2008-05-14 19:38, Chuck_Norris wrote:

PSOBB server was still updating even when PSU was release. So, from those weapon design which look like PSO EPIV. I guess, the team that design PSOBB is working on psu now.

CelestialBlade
May 14, 2008, 11:17 PM
Very nice....but if you think about it, PSU v1 had the same exciting trailer footage and I think it's safe to assume that we were all a bit let down by the game, in varying degrees. This looks promising but I really hope it's not another bust.

I know a lot of people are going "whoa this is different" but it looks no different from the PSU v1 promotional footage, if you ask me. Again, just hoping this isn't a letdown, I really want this to be good and I want to see this franchise revive. And no, it's not automatically good just because it has Helga.

Thor131
May 14, 2008, 11:29 PM
I love the song in the PSP Trailer it's like a techno mix version.

Blueblur
May 14, 2008, 11:30 PM
Its just promotional footage. Its going to be the same game with new missions. Hell, some of the old ones may even be gone if they bother to clean up the game at all.

gratefulgriz
May 14, 2008, 11:35 PM
---------Casts PS revival spell-------- Cheers!! =)

BlackEyeKing
May 15, 2008, 12:08 AM
Kinda makes you wanna buy a psp huh?

ashley50
May 15, 2008, 12:09 AM
the question is...

Will there be a US version? lol
I don't mind importing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

xRedd206x
May 15, 2008, 12:26 AM
omg... plz don't tell me that screenie with the Tree in it and the luvly water in the background was moatoob????

Getintothegame
May 15, 2008, 01:24 AM
I would love to import, but I'd need a language menu. Sonic Team has not been very good with adding these into their last few PSO/U games (PSO Ep. 3 JP - now it seems)

Ryudo
May 15, 2008, 01:47 AM
On 2008-05-14 21:17, Typheros wrote:
Very nice....but if you think about it, PSU v1 had the same exciting trailer footage and I think it's safe to assume that we were all a bit let down by the game, in varying degrees. This looks promising but I really hope it's not another bust.

I know a lot of people are going "whoa this is different" but it looks no different from the PSU v1 promotional footage, if you ask me. Again, just hoping this isn't a letdown, I really want this to be good and I want to see this franchise revive. And no, it's not automatically good just because it has Helga.

Well, personally, I dont think the content on the disc of PSU v1 was bad, I think the amount of it implemented both offline and online and how it was implemented was bad. We still to this day dont have a pile of weapons, areas and features on the v1 disc :|

PSP, should have all its content right away, hopefully that means a lot of missions, and not the stunted gameplay seen in offline extra modes so far

It could be good, if sega dont choose to disclude content for no good reason. Which they probably WILL do. :/

but helga does make it automatically good

tl;dr : It could be good if sega dont do anything stupid, but they'll probably do something stupid.

ljkkjlcm9
May 15, 2008, 01:59 AM
If people payed attention when it actually showed gameplay on the PSP, it looks IDENTICAL to PSU on the other systems. They didn't even have to change the graphics lol

THE JACKEL

Raven5_1
May 15, 2008, 03:26 AM
and that worries me.

AnamanaAU
May 15, 2008, 03:34 AM
Especially since early shots of PSP looked lower in model quality.

soolayah
May 15, 2008, 03:37 AM
I'm sure not buying a PSP for it. xD

Morganna
May 15, 2008, 03:40 AM
On 2008-05-14 21:17, Typheros wrote:
And no, it's not automatically good just because it has Helga.

With respect, I must beg to differ.

Kylie
May 15, 2008, 12:15 PM
That's a pretty cool video. I'm impressed.

panzer_unit
May 15, 2008, 12:38 PM
It's nice to see Sega's serious about the PSU series and keeps making games.

On the other hand these ad-hoc-only PSP versions of real online games kinda irritates me. The thing's got goddamned WiFi, let's see an infrastructure mode. At the very least Sega had better give a boatload of money to Xlink for offering a service that makes their new game really worthwhile.

hiraisho
May 15, 2008, 01:46 PM
If this comes out in the US, so tempted to get a PSP so I can get this.

Akaimizu
May 15, 2008, 02:11 PM
If you think Sega owes Xlink money, then they'll have to wait in line. It's pretty much like 80% of the developers on PSP pretty much just let Xlink Kai do its thing and not bother with infrastructure. They built infrastructure into the thing, and almost nobody wants to use it, it seems.

Thank goodness for xlink Kai, and also for Datel (since they made, by far, the easiest device in the world to get your Xlink Kai working). That thing was practically built for Kai.

Still, I'm psyched for this version. You can play it anytime. Plus, Arc systems is behind it so I have faith in their abilities to make PSU run great on it. I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on their coding talent.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-15 12:12 ]</font>

easy
May 15, 2008, 02:20 PM
one word about Phantasy Star Portable SH.T SEGA come On make a new Game Stop Selling The Xbox 360 Ver Again

Like You did with pso pso ver 2 and the list goes on

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-05-15 12:25 ]</font>

Sekani
May 15, 2008, 02:25 PM
For all practical purposes this is the exact same game we're already playing, and they took out the online mode. Why all the hype?

Anduril
May 15, 2008, 02:27 PM
All the hype is the fact that now you can play PSU at the DMV, without having to lug around a laptop! Seriously. Only reason I would consider getting it.

easy
May 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
some like to buy the same thing buy it and they will do it again like they have before its a rip off

yes i have a PSP and will not buy this only a new game of this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-05-15 12:34 ]</font>

amtalx
May 15, 2008, 02:31 PM
So basically I can play the game that I'm already playing, but on a smaller screen, and with less people.

D-

panzer_unit
May 15, 2008, 02:49 PM
The only part I really care about is Sega saying "lets stick with Phantasy Star even if all they're good for is making PSOW forum trolls have an emo fit"... I'd much rather play a fully online game. Hopefully any really brilliant ideas are going to be added to AOI servers if possible.

If the thing had some real multi-player online options (player shops, team hosting, voice chat) I'd be really excited. On the other hand they would also have to deal with client-side saves so there wasn't PSO levels of hacking, duping, etc.

Kamiense
May 15, 2008, 03:13 PM
Coming back to these boards after five months after seeing the trailer makes me really miss the old days on PSU. The game actually looks interesting, and I thought I saw a Vivienne in there.

Too bad I don't have a PSP though. Actually putting a Phantasy Star game on a somewhat popular system (not counting Xbox 360) might actually cause some more people to try the game out again. If this is good and Sonic Team keeps doing well, we could see a good sequel of PSU.

Akaimizu
May 15, 2008, 03:20 PM
The biggest difference is that you basically get the ability to play a character offline and online. Kind of like the setup of PSO. I'm sure the Xlink Kai community will be decent enough in size, though it does invite the possibility of hacks. Still, those who want that idea of playing a character ala. extra mode with the possibility of playing that very same character, with other people, can do so with this release.

I think this would be the casual-player's portable PSU. I wouldn't be surprised if the character gains are made faster on the portable system, especially since it isn't set up like a massive community online game. Xlink Kai will take care of the community part, with various lobbies one can set up or join.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-15 13:23 ]</font>

easy
May 16, 2008, 12:33 AM
Sonic Team keeps doing well, we could see a good sequel of PSU
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ITS NOT like SEGA do not have money you no to a new Xbox360
or Psp ver WHAT WITH us paying to play online and that
Too

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: easy on 2008-05-15 22:44 ]</font>

Kairi_Li
May 16, 2008, 02:03 AM
Well for me, this is a game that I can forever keep my characters on, even when in the distant future, the PSU servers would have shut down.

The PSP version allows me to play with my fiance and RL friends forever and ever. But that's just me.

Also, here's the audio rip of the Save This World remix from the trailer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XZS0W30