PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Portable - new game details!

EspioKaos
May 15, 2008, 10:28 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080515a.html
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080515b.html

New information has surfaced from the latest issue of Famitsu, courtesy of Shougai PSO.

Data import feature
* Importing your character from the original PSU will be possible.
* By importing your data, you will receive more starting money than you would had you begun the game from scratch.
* If you import your data from AOTI, you will receive a special item for use in AOTI, either the Vivienne Fluge or Whitill Wing. (I'm guessing the Fluge is an SUV unit, likely similar to Rapia Fluge, that CASTs will receive while non-CASTs will get the Whitill Wing.)
* It is unknown if those who import their data from the original PSU will receive a special item.

What carries over through data import
* Name
* Race
* Sex
* Outward appearance (excluding facial features)
* Voice type
* Voice pitch
* Level (above LV20 will be reduced, however)
* Clothes and parts

What will NOT carry over through data import
* Equipment (weapons, line shields, units, etc.)
* Inventory items
* Meseta
* Guardian type
* Photon arts
* Common box items
* Partner machine

Storyline
* PSP's story mode will fill in the gaps between the original PSU and AOTI. (This should cover the three months that passed between the end of Episode 1 and the beginning of Episode 2.)

Item information
* While in a party for wireless multiplayer, if an rare item is collected, it will be distributed to ALL party members.
* Drop items in a mission will change based on the Guardian type of the party leader.
* A few new items revealed through screens in this issue of Famitsu.
* * Jirasole (double saber from PSOBB)
* * Twinkle Star (wand from PSO)
* * Nidra (based on the MAG from PSO, will be either a TCSM or RCSM)
* * Nei Claw (twin claws based on the ones from PSO)

New Guardian types
* Confirmed last year, Acromaster will be available in this game.
* It is unknown what, if any, other types will be available.

Miscellaneous details
* Movement in cities will be changed so that you can select a location to go to instead of walking there.
* Weapon grinding will be changed to get rid of the chance of failure.
* However, now instead of stats increasing at predetermined values, increases will be random.
* As reported before, a special mission will be released on the PC/PS2 version of AOTI which will commemorate the release of PSP. This mission will be single player only.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-05-15 08:29 ]</font>

EDIT: Updated with new info from the official site.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-05-16 08:24 ]</font>
EDIT: I meant 'values,' not 'intervals.'

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-05-16 10:12 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-05-18 08:53 ]</font>

Apone
May 15, 2008, 10:38 AM
the grinding is something they should do in the full game that would be cool. Now im thinkin about getting a PSP, Is there information on pricing?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Apone on 2008-05-15 08:41 ]</font>

Proto07
May 15, 2008, 10:44 AM
Is it PS2 players only who can import data?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Proto07 on 2008-05-15 08:45 ]</font>

EspioKaos
May 15, 2008, 10:48 AM
On 2008-05-15 08:38, Apone wrote:
Now im thinkin about getting a PSP, Is there information on pricing?
The game itself will be 5040 yen (that includes taxes). Prices will vary, of course, depending on where you import from.

On 2008-05-15 08:44, Proto07 wrote:
Is it PS2 players only who can import data?

Japanese PC/PS2.

beatrixkiddo
May 15, 2008, 10:49 AM
I wonder if your account on PS2/PC JP has to be active to transfer >.>

Ash1ey
May 15, 2008, 11:11 AM
Sounds nice, thanks for the update. Twinkle star http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

xRedd206x
May 15, 2008, 11:15 AM
WOW geeez, this sounds hawt!!!!!

Yusaku_Kudou
May 15, 2008, 11:16 AM
We better be able to get characters from the 360 version when it comes out here....

Pietepiet
May 15, 2008, 11:19 AM
http://jeux-france.com/images0_4_27066.html

here's a scan of the article, by the way. I didn't see it on either of those two pages.

xRedd206x
May 15, 2008, 11:19 AM
Are there any details about the consoles getting the newclasses and bosses?

xRedd206x
May 15, 2008, 11:21 AM
D= who is that smexy cast?

EspioKaos
May 15, 2008, 11:36 AM
On 2008-05-15 09:19, xRedd206x wrote:
Are there any details about the consoles getting the newclasses and bosses?

None. As far as I understand, data for any other bosses than what we already have does not exist in the game. (I'm not counting the other forms of Dark Falz found in the game through hacking.)

On 2008-05-15 09:19, Pietepiet wrote:
http://jeux-france.com/images0_4_27066.html

here's a scan of the article, by the way. I didn't see it on either of those two pages.

Excellent! Thanks!

On 2008-05-15 09:21, xRedd206x wrote:
D= who is that smexy cast?

The CAST is Vivienne. She is supposed to be a new CAST prototype from GRM. Our other new character is Helga Neumann. You may recall her as Howzer's sidekick in the moving comic, Shadow of the Arkgard.

EDIT: Grammar. o:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EspioKaos on 2008-05-15 09:38 ]</font>

xRedd206x
May 15, 2008, 11:43 AM
Gah!!! make seed-type nanoblast!!!!

Kylie
May 15, 2008, 11:59 AM
If you import this from JP, I imagine your characters from the US servers can't be imported, correct? Is there any word on bringing this title to the US and EU markets?

Inazuma
May 15, 2008, 12:10 PM
if you cant import your levels or equipment then whats the point? ST fails again
and it sounds like grinding is even worse than in AOI.

ill pass on this game

Chibi_psu
May 15, 2008, 12:11 PM
On 2008-05-15 09:36, EspioKaos wrote:

The CAST is Vivienne. She is supposed to be a new CAST prototype from GRM. Our other new character is Helga Neumann. You may recall her as Howzer's sidekick in the moving comic, Shadow of the Arkgard.

[spoiler-box]Whats the point of helga as the new boss if we know already that she dies....Ethan kill her in the comic o_0[/spoiler-box]

SabZero
May 15, 2008, 12:34 PM
Wait, does it say it imports online characters? I would think they mean offline ones.

And we don't know if helga dies, he just leaves her for dead. Or that's just how that episode ends, lol

EspioKaos
May 15, 2008, 12:37 PM
On 2008-05-15 09:59, Kylie wrote:
If you import this from JP, I imagine your characters from the US servers can't be imported, correct? Is there any word on bringing this title to the US and EU markets?

No official word yet. But I'm sure it'll be released outside of Japan at some point. Which means I need to invest in a PSP. One of these days. <_<;

On 2008-05-15 10:11, chibichibi wrote:
[spoiler-box]Whats the point of helga as the new boss if we know already that she dies....Ethan kill her in the comic o_0[/spoiler-box]

We don't know for certain that she's dead. She allowed Howzer to fuse SEED within her, so I'm sure that would enable her to survive a sword slash and gunshot. Besides, this story takes place at the same time as Shadow of the Arkguard, so that battle depicted in the comic may end up being in the game. Or, it could be a completely new battle with SEED-Helga attempting to exact her revenge on Ethan for their previous encounter.

EspioKaos
May 15, 2008, 12:39 PM
On 2008-05-15 10:34, SabZero wrote:
Wait, does it say it imports online characters? I would think they mean offline ones.

It says online. The developers specifically say character data from network mode can be imported to PSP.

Zantra
May 15, 2008, 12:46 PM
So happy to have a PSP... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Edit: So... we can assume that on PSP, our characters will have frozen faces like regular PSU? Or, will the faces just not be able to be customized?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zantra on 2008-05-15 10:48 ]</font>

Leah
May 15, 2008, 01:31 PM
i was all for more pso in my psu but now it's starting to get old. let's not make any new weapons, let's just fanservice all the old ones. saves in production cost and nostalgia sells them.

it's too bad they couldn't import the atmosphere from pso too.

pass.

GuardianElite
May 15, 2008, 01:33 PM
On 2008-05-15 11:31, Leah wrote:
i was all for more pso in my psu but now it's starting to get old. let's not make any new weapons, let's just fanservice all the old ones. saves in production cost and nostalgia sells them.

it's too bad they couldn't import the atmosphere from pso too.

pass.

I hated the idea putting pso in psu...

SabZero
May 15, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-05-15 10:37, EspioKaos wrote:

No official word yet. But I'm sure it'll be released outside of Japan at some point. Which means I need to invest in a PSP. One of these days. <_<;

I'll buy one when the game is out. My own bundle http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The price should fall until then.

Criss
May 15, 2008, 07:17 PM
With english PSU's popularity, I wouldn't bet on them releasing a localized version of the PSP game over here. After all, they probably wouldn't be able to set a way to import characters from the X360 servers, and you know how big the PC/PS2 population is here.

dogg1000
May 15, 2008, 09:38 PM
so by importing does that mean u cant go back to psu aoi on a pc or ps2? and it deletes are weps and items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dogg1000 on 2008-05-15 19:48 ]</font>

GuardianElite
May 15, 2008, 10:23 PM
On 2008-05-15 19:38, dogg1000 wrote:
so by importing does that mean u cant go back to psu aoi on a pc or ps2? and it deletes are weps and items?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dogg1000 on 2008-05-15 19:48 ]</font>

It been said many of times. Import your network(online) mode characters. Yeah weapons doesnt carry over and lvs 20+ are reduced

easy
May 16, 2008, 12:16 AM
got the same boss out of of the Ambition of the Illuminus and i the rest when do sega make new stuff not buying this only when they new game for psp

come on sage you can do it

easy
May 16, 2008, 12:23 AM
your happy to have a PSP and play the same buy the xbox 360 its better the psp vers the same
Xbox 360 got online
its just sega way of makeing fake $$$$$$$ again Out of the same game

ForteGunnerW
May 16, 2008, 12:30 AM
ill get it if you stay your lvl when you transfer data the weapons look awsome its just will they be maiking any more psu games for PC/PS2?

GuardianElite
May 16, 2008, 12:31 AM
On 2008-05-15 22:23, easy wrote:
your happy to have a PSP and play the same buy the xbox 360 its better the psp vers the same
Xbox 360 got online

eh, I don't like the xbox 360 not my kind of game selection.

Complex_Jao
May 16, 2008, 12:32 AM
will this even come out in the us

Rayokarna
May 16, 2008, 02:21 AM
On 2008-05-15 22:23, easy wrote:
Xbox 360 got online

Unlucky...

...not really...

landman
May 16, 2008, 03:12 AM
If you don't maintain all your lvl, photon arts and equip, what's the point? you can lvl very fast and get easy money in offline version anyway, and since I have the chance I will like to make a new character instead of using the same characters I've been playing for 1.5 year

Mysterious-G
May 16, 2008, 03:27 AM
Importing everything you have would just be too easy.
I am glad they allow you to keep your with love created character, because it would piss me off not to.
And if you rather would start a new character, you would have to start from zero, anyway.
But I can understand that they want you to start over. What's the point in starting a new game and having the best equipment from the beginning? It probably will make it easy enough that you can (almost) keep your level.
Also, I would not bet on easy money. Since they completely seem to change the drops. But who knows how it will end up.

The story seems not really interresting to me. Vivienne does not appear in AoI, that probably means that she is dead by then. (Of course they might give us some twisted up reason for her not being in AoI, but come on, it's ST. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
Also, I think that Helga is dead. I think they just put her into the comic, because she is the main enemy in PSP.
And since the Illuminus are defeated already, I see no point in Howzer's sidekick to reappear all of a sudden.
We already know how the story will end because AoI takes place after it, so meh?

There seem to be pretty much changes, but they are stated so vague, I would rather wait till we see them for real, to complain about them or being happy about them.

And the specially released mission probably is the reason for Helga being in the AoI data.
(I would rather like to have her appearing in an upcoming chapter.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-05-16 01:30 ]</font>

landman
May 16, 2008, 03:32 AM
Vivienne may end dead or not, aren't we supposed to have choices for multiple endings? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 06:26 AM
The official PSP (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/) site has been updated! I've got to get ready for work now, but I'll take a look over the site when I have a moment to see what new info is there.

landman
May 16, 2008, 08:05 AM
It contains the full opening with all story characters
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/movie/opening/

panzer_unit
May 16, 2008, 08:17 AM
The intro reminds me a bit of Wipeout games, that's like an alternate spelling of 'awesome'.

Rayokarna
May 16, 2008, 08:29 AM
On 2008-05-16 06:17, panzer_unit wrote:
The intro reminds me a bit of Wipeout games, that's like an alternate spelling of 'awesome'.

Tell me about it. They made every character look cool. Epic new music. And an awesome 'Wipeout' Like theme. Lets hope they can carry this on.

Kairi_Li
May 16, 2008, 08:50 AM
Here's the audio rip of the Save This World remix from the trailer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XZS0W30

Trailer: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=175764&forum=20&start=45&48

Rockleept
May 16, 2008, 09:01 AM
I cant read japanese but it seems on this page:
http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/change/dropitem/
that every player gets the drops.

1 drop=4items..........

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rockleept on 2008-05-16 07:20 ]</font>

Mysterious-G
May 16, 2008, 09:01 AM
On 2008-05-16 01:32, landman wrote:
Vivienne may end dead or not, aren't we supposed to have choices for multiple endings? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Supposed to?
You forgot that one thing: SEGA. >_>

Rayokarna
May 16, 2008, 09:07 AM
On 2008-05-16 06:50, Kairi_Li wrote:
Here's the audio rip of the Save This World remix from the trailer.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7XZS0W30

Trailer: http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=175764&forum=20&start=45&48

EDIT: Never mind

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rayokarna on 2008-05-16 07:08 ]</font>

Mysterious-G
May 16, 2008, 09:09 AM
Type in the letters you see on the upper right side. And then you either have a premium account or wait 1 minute till you can klick the download button.

AnamanaAU
May 16, 2008, 09:30 AM
On 2008-05-16 01:27, Mysterious-G wrote:
Importing everything you have would just be too easy.
I am glad they allow you to keep your with love created character, because it would piss me off not to.
And if you rather would start a new character, you would have to start from zero, anyway.
But I can understand that they want you to start over. What's the point in starting a new game and having the best equipment from the beginning? It probably will make it easy enough that you can (almost) keep your level.
Also, I would not bet on easy money. Since they completely seem to change the drops. But who knows how it will end up.

The story seems not really interresting to me. Vivienne does not appear in AoI, that probably means that she is dead by then. (Of course they might give us some twisted up reason for her not being in AoI, but come on, it's ST. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif )
Also, I think that Helga is dead. I think they just put her into the comic, because she is the main enemy in PSP.
And since the Illuminus are defeated already, I see no point in Howzer's sidekick to reappear all of a sudden.
We already know how the story will end because AoI takes place after it, so meh?

There seem to be pretty much changes, but they are stated so vague, I would rather wait till we see them for real, to complain about them or being happy about them.

And the specially released mission probably is the reason for Helga being in the AoI data.
(I would rather like to have her appearing in an upcoming chapter.)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-05-16 01:30 ]</font>

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/world/

it's set in between Ep1 & 2.

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 10:23 AM
A little more info on drop changes in PSP from the official site:

* Enemies and boxes will drop only products such as weapons and line shields. (I guess this also includes units and other related items.) Looks like getting a Monomate from a LV125+ enemy instead of [insert rare here] will be a thing of the past with this game.
* Photon arts disks will now drop.
* The site implies that weapon/line shield synthesis is gone with this game.
* As stated before, the party leader's type in multi-mode will determine the item drops in each mission.
* Also, it's saying that "important items" are indeed rares. So, any rare items that are collected will be given to all party members (who are in the field, at least).

Rayokarna
May 16, 2008, 10:28 AM
On 2008-05-16 08:23, EspioKaos wrote:
A little more info on drop changes in PSP from the official site:

* Enemies and boxes will drop only products such as weapons and line shields. (I guess this also includes units and other related items.) Looks like getting a Monomate from a LV125+ enemy instead of [insert rare here] will be a thing of the past with this game.
* Photon arts disks will now drop.
* As stated before, the party leader's type in multi-mode will determine the item drops in each mission.
* Also, it's saying that "important items" are indeed rares. So, any rare items that are collected will be given to all party members (who are in the field, at least).

This is starting to look more and more like this game's dynamics are from PSO. No Synthesis and drops depending on the party leader lol. Looks like Alfa Systems might do something ST never could...

ketson
May 16, 2008, 10:46 AM
Everyone getting the rare when it's picked up ruined it for me. It's one more reason why getting a rare in this game is useless.

Akaimizu
May 16, 2008, 11:13 AM
On 2008-05-16 08:28, Rayokarna wrote:

This is starting to look more and more like this game's dynamics are from PSO. No Synthesis and drops depending on the party leader lol. Looks like Alfa Systems might do something ST never could...

That's what I guessed. Part of it really is that the game is being treated as an offline game with online. Thus the gains are easier to get and a bit quicker. They don't expect you to have to spend the same amount of time as the online-only versions.

This also means that it will (at least early on) promote more swapping of party leaders based on who's raising what and in what order. Very (for the party) oriented. Though i would imagine a lot of people seeing cool rares that someone else found while playing offline or in another group.

Hiroko
May 16, 2008, 11:39 AM
Do you have to have a JPN account for PSU in order to transfer data between pc/ps2 and PSP??

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 11:50 AM
On 2008-05-16 09:39, Hiroko wrote:
Do you have to have a JPN account for PSU in order to transfer data between pc/ps2 and PSP??

More than likely. The site shows screens of how you transfer data between the two, and it involves entering various bits of account info at an official site. I imagine that some of this info includes a game key, something that non-Japanese versions of PSU and AOTI lack.

Mewnie
May 16, 2008, 12:06 PM
On 2008-05-16 08:46, ketson wrote:
Everyone getting the rare when it's picked up ruined it for me. It's one more reason why getting a rare in this game is useless.

It also means no more booting dramas.

They're just ones and zeroes http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y46/MagpieMouse/MewnPSU/emot-awesome.gif

zandra117
May 16, 2008, 12:54 PM
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1961/moreplanetspg4.jpg
Whats this?
Can anyone read what the lables next to the "planets" say?

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 01:11 PM
It's too small and blurry for me to tell. I tried pausing the video when some of the words are a bit bigger, but even then I can only make out a few letters.

-- -a-eo-net

Not entirely certain of the accuracy, though.

On another note, while watching the video, I did notice that the side of Lou's hat says "Caution." http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif Never noticed that before!

dragoon-girl
May 16, 2008, 01:24 PM
um um.. Isn't Helga's skin in AOI though?

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 01:28 PM
On 2008-05-16 11:24, dragoon-girl wrote:
Yes. She'll probably show up in the special mission they're releasing for the game's sale date. Or, she could make a random appearance in a later story mission.

dragoon-girl
May 16, 2008, 01:34 PM
On 2008-05-16 11:28, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2008-05-16 11:24, dragoon-girl wrote:
Yes. She'll probably show up in the special mission they're releasing for the game's sale date. Or, she could make a random appearance in a later story mission.

Special mission? Oh do tell. o.o;
Edit: Oh sorry, I see it on the first page now! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: dragoon-girl on 2008-05-16 11:36 ]</font>

panzer_unit
May 16, 2008, 01:37 PM
On 2008-05-16 08:23, EspioKaos wrote:

It'll take so much longer to collect full element sets of rare shields and weapons. I always thought that was sorta the point of item synth.

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 03:41 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080517b.html

An accessory set will be released with Phantasy Star Portable. It includes headphones, a clear PSP protective case and two UMD cases.

http://thumbnail.image.rakuten.co.jp/@0_gold/amiami/main/TVG-PSP-0376.jpg

Rayokarna
May 16, 2008, 03:46 PM
Awesome lol.

Espio, you noticed what some of the content that they locked on the main website.

What do you think they would be?

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 03:53 PM
On 2008-05-16 13:46, Rayokarna wrote:
Awesome lol.

Espio, you noticed what some of the content that they locked on the main website.

What do you think they would be?

It looks like we can expect to see more character profiles (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/world/character/), a few movies and more info on new features. There's one section of the site specifically for brand new features (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/newarrival/), but nothing's available yet. I'm fairly curious what else they've changed that hasn't been revealed so far.

Hucast-Kireek
May 16, 2008, 08:11 PM
Data import feature
* Importing your character from the original PSU will be possible.

Wait, what is this? can you Import your AOTI Characters to PSP? or PSU characters to PSP? or both?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hucast-Kireek on 2008-05-16 18:14 ]</font>

EspioKaos
May 16, 2008, 08:28 PM
On 2008-05-16 18:11, Hucast-Kireek wrote:
Wait, what is this? can you Import your AOTI Characters to PSP? or PSU characters to PSP? or both?

Either one. Basically you'll be importing your character's looks, voice and clothes. Weapons and other equipment won't carry over.

Hucast-Kireek
May 16, 2008, 08:33 PM
Nice! kireek is going PSP baby! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ChaosAngel92
May 16, 2008, 10:13 PM
T....The......The GIRASOLE!!!!!!!1 IT CANT BE!!! GOD IM CRIYING!

ChaosAngel92
May 16, 2008, 10:24 PM
Why everyone is bitchin about the game?! I almost piss my pants when I read all of this. Guys! Please, GET OUT OF PSO!!!!!!!!!!!

Chaobo99
May 16, 2008, 10:48 PM
So can we play this game on the english version of the PSP? And will this game be in japanese? I can live with japanese,played CARD on the japanese version, but just wanna know.
Is their online capabilities or just LAN/within range communication type thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif?

GuardianElite
May 16, 2008, 11:03 PM
On 2008-05-16 20:48, Chaobo99 wrote:
So can we play this game on the english version of the PSP? And will this game be in japanese? I can live with japanese,played CARD on the japanese version, but just wanna know.
Is their online capabilities or just LAN/within range communication type thing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif?

Psp can play any region umds

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuardianElite on 2008-05-16 21:03 ]</font>

ForteGunnerW
May 17, 2008, 01:55 AM
hmm does this game have online play?

Mysterious-G
May 17, 2008, 01:59 AM
On 2008-05-16 23:55, ForteGunnerW wrote:
hmm does this game have online play?

No online mode.

AnamanaAU
May 17, 2008, 02:24 AM
They've also changed the website and will be updating it leading up to the release. The trailer is on the site. It's completely in Japanese, though. (Copy pasta'd from another forum I go to, which isn't focused on PSO/PSU.)

http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/

I'll separate pages to what I'm certain they contain;

Story details: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/world/
Looks to go over where PSP runs in the timeline.

Planets: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/world/grale/
* Guardian Colony: Where your room is, shops mirror some of the other planets' item lists. Missions range from destroyed areas of colony through transfers to Rycros and SEED Hives.
* Parum: Parma? The CAST Planet. Grassy fields, dragons and futuristic CAST HQ.
* Neudaiz: Dezolis? New Deizolis get it. Newman's home planet. Oriental themed, Temples & Mushroom rappy land.
* Moatoob: Mota, Motavia? Deserted areas, lots of caves, De Rol Le.

Races: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/world/grale/race/
Human, Newman, Cast & Beast
* Cast's get SUV weapons, similar to old PSO photon blasts.
* Beasts get Nanoblasts, which are basically a hulk/beast mode.
* Newmans are good magic users, while Humans are jack of alls.

Story characters: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/world/character/
Runs over info on story characters, looks to have a new character's info released every few days or weeks?
Vivenne - Bunny Cast woman. Not much info on her is known yet.
Helga - Human infected with the SEED virus. She's the bodyguard of the main bad guy in PSU: AotI.

Story Mode info: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/mode/
Information on the story of the game.

Character Creation: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/create/
Information of creating a character.

Game data: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/change/savedata/
Looks to go over how this game is similar to PSO where your Offline / Online (Story / Multi) data is the same and can be used in both modes.

Item distribution: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/change/dropitem/
Goes over how ad-hoc games handle rare item drops. Pictures with the red text on the right, that is how players know which player got a rare and what rare they got, along with star rating.

City selection: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/change/city/
No clue of this. I speculate that these are either;
A) Replacing the planet select screen, showing stores and areas rather than just the planet and area selection.
B) Replacing the planet's free movement, allowing you to go straight to areas?

Weapon upgrading: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/game/change/weapon/
Details on upgrading AKA Grinding weapons. Basically, you can upgrade a weapon 10 times. The more you upgrade them, the higher chance they can fail and drop back to 0 upgrades, minus one maximum upgrade (2/10 fails and goes to 0/9). In old PSU, breaking an item completely destroyed it.

Link with PSU: AotI PS2 / PC: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/network/illuminus/
Seems to mention that if you link with PSU PC/PS2 you can party with Vivenne (On PC/PS2 possibly). Also a reward for doing this which looks like; Lapia Fluge or Whitill Wing.

Import character from PSU: AotI Online: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/network/character/
Goes over how you are able to import your character from the main online PC/PS2 game.

Movies: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/movie/
Trailer and other movies will go here.

Product info: http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/product/
Game pricing, release date and so on.

Maybe someone can translate these pages 100%?

EDIT: Ah damn, didn't see that Espio had changed his first post.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: JubeiSaotome on 2008-05-17 00:26 ]</font>

Jepp027
May 17, 2008, 03:21 PM
Yes, I will buy this. I am so game....

GaNksTa
May 17, 2008, 03:34 PM
Hmm.. I thought that cast's (Vivenne) weapon looked familiar: http://www.pso-world.com/items.php?op=viewarticle&artid=2191&sortby=name

I had 2 on my Hunewearl http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

SuzukaCC
May 17, 2008, 05:25 PM
Sooo I'm a little confused. Is this online or kinda like wireless with your friends kinda thing?

Rayokarna
May 17, 2008, 05:47 PM
On 2008-05-17 15:25, SuzukaCC wrote:
Sooo I'm a little confused. Is this online or kinda like wireless with your friends kinda thing?

Ad-hoc 4 player. XLink Kai could make it fully online if they made a lobby for it.

EspioKaos
May 18, 2008, 10:57 AM
Something I just now realized about the character data import thing: the special prize being given out (either Vivienne Fluge or Whitill Wing) is not for use in Phantasy Star Portable, but in Ambition of the Illuminus! (I've updated this info in the initial post.)

zandra117
May 18, 2008, 05:55 PM
On 2008-05-18 08:57, EspioKaos wrote:
Something I just now realized about the character data import thing: the special prize being given out (either Vivienne Fluge or Whitill Wing) is not for use in Phantasy Star Portable, but in Ambition of the Illuminus! (I've updated this info in the initial post.)

InB4 BAWWing of 360 users after US release unless Sega makes a way for them to transfer their character data recorded from the 360 server through the website and onto their PSP. Its possible, Sega was able to record 360 character data and display it on the MAG site.

Proto07
May 18, 2008, 06:03 PM
On 2008-05-18 15:55, zandra117 wrote:

InB4 BAWWing of 360 users after US release unless Sega makes a way for them to transfer their character data recorded from the 360 server through the website and onto their PSP. Its possible, Sega was able to record 360 character data and display it on the MAG site.
Demo weekend... if PSP releases outside jp.

Reipard
May 18, 2008, 07:07 PM

That's because the 360 servers are still their servers. The access point is just Live.

Demo weekend... if PSP releases outside jp.

Why all this doubt? PSU having a relatively low population did not stop AOI from coming out.

hiraisho
May 19, 2008, 01:54 AM
On 2008-05-16 10:54, zandra117 wrote:
http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/1961/moreplanetspg4.jpg
Whats this?
Can anyone read what the lables next to the "planets" say?

For some reason I don't think that scene is a reference to the planets. Mainly since they already used the the same reference for it at the start and end of the video with the 3 planets (blue red and green spheres orbiting the yellow sphere). Also that there is only 4 planets in the game, I'm seeing liek what? 10 spheres in there? I doubt they would jsut go in add 6 planets to game game that takes place between episodes.

Though I'm not sure what this scene is reference to. Maybe the interconnected lobbies in game? Or perhaps something that may be introduced within the story within PSP.

just my 2 cents

Kairi_Li
May 19, 2008, 07:06 AM

*Drools*

The game better come out in the US. I would love to have those items on top of the game itself.

Ryu3s
May 19, 2008, 08:23 AM
Surely the character import feature will not REMOVE your character from the AOTI servers, right? It's just like a copying sort of feature right?

Would you be able to confirm this EspioKaos?

EspioKaos
May 19, 2008, 08:36 AM
On 2008-05-19 06:23, Ryu3s wrote:
Surely the character import feature will not REMOVE your character from the AOTI servers, right? It's just like a copying sort of feature right?

Would you be able to confirm this EspioKaos?

Right. You're not sacrificing your AOTI character by importing into PSP. You're basically only bringing your likeness over. Your AOTI character will remain intact on the PC/PS2 servers.

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 10:43 AM
It's a neat thing. Kind of sounds more like they are just saving you some work from doing it manually. It's a neat thing to go for, but alas. I'm on 360, so I'll do it manually if I want to play the same character. Then again, I've done it before. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The facial features don't carry over (which is what I spend the most time on), which means either they have a simplified face editor, or simply a non-compatible one. Hopefully, you'll have a similar face modifier. A big part of what makes my characters unique is the work I do on the face.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 08:44 ]</font>

Blueblur
May 19, 2008, 12:20 PM
The trailer's opening has a fantastic aesthetic. If only that would carry over into the real game somehow. Man, I'm dying for at least a HUD update. That's what I loved about PSO; everything was heavily stylized, even the HUD and menus.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blueblur on 2008-05-19 10:20 ]</font>

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 12:24 PM
True. But I think PSU kind of works towards a new trend in online gaming. One I can't exactly disagree with. Games are doing their darndest to have a more streamlined, non-obtrusive HUD. As more games are created, I would expect the trend to keep following suit. Stuff like the new Tabula Rasa (for PC) and a few other lesser names are doing the same and they make it a big issue.

Some streamlining does come at a small cost of aesthetics given there's less of them to show. On the other hand, more gameplay screen area, more of the time.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 10:26 ]</font>

Blueblur
May 19, 2008, 12:27 PM
The minimalist HUD is not a problem. My problem with it is that every frame, table and window is frickin' gray. It wouldn't hurt to make some corners round and throw in different colors here and there, you know?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Blueblur on 2008-05-19 10:27 ]</font>

furrypaws
May 19, 2008, 07:05 PM
I just realized that unless they either seriously downgrade the graphics or rewrite the entire game's programming, we're going to have some serious lag on our hands.

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 10:06 PM
The game's entire programmng is rewritten. It's being done by Arc Systems. They have good PSP experience and I'm pretty sure they'll probably outperform ST doing the same thing.

amtalx
May 19, 2008, 10:20 PM
I bunch of monkeys drinking bleach could outperform ST's programmers.

Blueblur
May 19, 2008, 10:46 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the faces become one flat mapped surface like in older PS2 games. Well, maybe there will a shape to it and the nose but its not going to be the same. Its totally gonna happen.

Mortalis
May 20, 2008, 12:59 PM
This may sound like a stupid question, but I don't import at all. Where is a good site to import japanese games?

Inazuma
May 20, 2008, 03:22 PM

wait, so we need to go out and buy the psp game just to get one of those special items in the pc ver? that fucking sux. i hope i can just ask a friend w/ the psp ver to import my char data to their game so i can get the items. *grumble*

EspioKaos
May 20, 2008, 03:25 PM
On 2008-05-20 13:22, Inazuma wrote:
wait, so we need to go out and buy the psp game just to get one of those special items in the pc ver? that fucking sux. i hope i can just ask a friend w/ the psp ver to import my char data to their game so i can get the items. *grumble*

I doubt it'll be the only way to get these items, but for now it's the only known method.

McLaughlin
May 20, 2008, 03:31 PM
On 2008-05-19 20:20, amtalx wrote:
I bunch of monkeys drinking bleach could outperform ST's programmers.

Now that's not fair. Don't compare monkeys to ST.

SonicTMP
May 20, 2008, 03:39 PM
Meh not impressed. The current PSU isn't even fully unlocked and they are starting on a portable verison? Condicering thre problems that ps2 and xbox have I'd agree with the monkeys outpreforming ST comment.

shade
May 20, 2008, 04:38 PM
On 2008-05-20 13:25, EspioKaos wrote:

On 2008-05-20 13:22, Inazuma wrote:
wait, so we need to go out and buy the psp game just to get one of those special items in the pc ver? that fucking sux. i hope i can just ask a friend w/ the psp ver to import my char data to their game so i can get the items. *grumble*I doubt it'll be the only way to get these items, but for now it's the only known method.If it's like the Knuckle... u_u

And about the special mission commemorating the sale of Phantasy Star Portable, it will be released for everyone or we will have to unlock this mission by import of our character data from PC/PS2 ver. to PSP?

On 2008-05-15 08:28, EspioKaos wrote:
It is unknown if those who import their data from the original PSU will receive a special item.I don't think: only PSU:AOTI is specified.

landman
May 20, 2008, 05:02 PM
Is the data transfer made by USB or by server?

shade
May 20, 2008, 05:15 PM
Server (http://phantasystar.sega.jp/psp/network/character/image/ss_login.jpg)

Jinto117
May 25, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'll probably pick it up since I stopped playing PSU. I've got a PSP so it's worth a try, although I'll be waiting for the North American version (if they release it here) since I can't read Japanese.

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 05:17 PM
i wish it was on DS..... but hey i don't play my DS that much anyway so meh.... i may just end up getting a PSP and the game..... depends on my mood at the time

Lyxar
May 25, 2008, 10:19 PM
ty i cant wait until it comes out for us

EspioKaos
May 30, 2008, 06:23 AM
Here's a shot of the back of the box (http://shop.yumetenpo.jp/goodsimg/game-soft.biz/goodsimg/20080731-psp-07/sub2.jpg). From it, we find out that the name of the new boss is "Bil Degoras."

furrypaws
May 30, 2008, 07:14 AM
Was that a text box from an NPC or a partner? It was too small for me to see, and it's morning. I don't want to stick my face two inches from a computer screen...yet

It'd likely be a pain to type on the PSP anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Dragon_Knight
May 30, 2008, 07:45 AM
It would have to be from an NPC.....cause there wouldn't be any reason whatso ever to have text chat at all when the people you are playing with have to be five feet from you.

landman
May 30, 2008, 07:55 AM
It is provably from the enemy info in the upper left corner in the first screen...

Chibi_psu
May 30, 2008, 08:07 AM
I hope they fix the horrible npc ai because this game will be entirely offline lol

Akaimizu
May 30, 2008, 08:21 AM
Actually, this game is SOOOO getting Xlink Kai'd. I'm also hoping some of my friends will join me in doing so. Especially since for a couple of them, I already provided them with their routers. They only need a USB Dlink and the free Xlink Kai software and their golden.

Bil Degoras is the new boss name, eh? What a tease name. If only that meant that he's related to the other Bils in the game. (A soft reminder. Bils are among my favorite enemies in this game, by far.)

EspioKaos
May 30, 2008, 08:25 AM
Was that a text box from an NPC or a partner? It was too small for me to see, and it's morning. I don't want to stick my face two inches from a computer screen...yet

It's from an NPC; specifically Vivienne.

Uber_Noob
May 30, 2008, 08:25 AM
Im syked about PSU Portable and I will get it ^^.

RadiantLegend
May 30, 2008, 08:56 AM
Offline play?

Forget that.....

Akaimizu
May 30, 2008, 09:08 AM
Get yourself a cheap Datel Wifi Max USB adaptor for any internet-connected PC in your home from your local store, and you have all the online you want, with this game. The chances of this *not* getting a Xlink Kai lobby is somewhere between slim to none.

It's a soft-spoken thing, in the PSP community, that if you want to play PSP games online, Kai is the way you need to go.

EspioKaos
May 30, 2008, 05:13 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080531b.html
http://sega.jp/psp/psp/

Some new screens were released which show one of PSP's new missions, Ecosystem Defense (http://psupedia.info/Ecosystem_Defense). This one takes place in the ruins of Mellvore City (seems to be a reskin of Old Rozenom going by the field icon). That's uh... all we've got. Hopefully the map will be slightly different than Rozenom for the sake of a little variety.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 05:22 PM
They could have given it a different name, to avoid confusion. ._.
PSP?
PSO?

Come on, why do they keep alluding to Sony? :disapprove:

mvffin
May 30, 2008, 05:30 PM
pretty sure Phantasy Star was out long before Playstation.

Zorak000
May 30, 2008, 05:38 PM
* If you import your data from AOTI, you will receive a special item for use in AOTI, either the Vivienne Fluge or Whitill Wing. (I'm guessing the Fluge is an SUV unit, likely similar to Rapia Fluge, that CASTs will receive while non-CASTs will get the Whitill Wing.)
* It is unknown if those who import their data from the original PSU will receive a special item.

with this I hope that we can still import from 360, but then again, this could be ST's f-ed up means of rectifying the 360 "Demo weekends" >_>

Kinako78
May 30, 2008, 05:43 PM
Whitill Wing?! Must have!

Need a PSP first, though... *sighs*

Hucast-Kireek
May 30, 2008, 07:44 PM
Hmm, playing PSP on PS3 will be interesting.

SabZero
May 31, 2008, 04:26 AM
At the GM meet yesterday, Sage said it will be quite a while for the game to come out in english...

EspioKaos
May 31, 2008, 06:38 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/pso/topics/080531c.html

Items
* Demonic Fork will be returning; however, it will come back as a spear, not a rod.
* An option will be present that allows you to remove common rares from item distribution.

Missions
* Ecosystem Defense (http://psupedia.info/Ecosystem_Defense) takes place in the ruins of Mellvore City.
* Horned Beast (http://psupedia.info/Horned_Beast) (though the full title would be "Red Hot Horned Beast") is a new Moatoob mission. Going by its name, it's likely safe to assume that Bil Degoras will be the boss of the area.

Arika
May 31, 2008, 07:00 AM
Horned Beast (http://psupedia.info/Horned_Beast) ..... hot...... and red....

EspioKaos
May 31, 2008, 08:21 AM
I was tempted to translate it as "Red Hot Horny Beast," but uh... *cough*. <_<;

Arika
May 31, 2008, 08:40 AM
I was tempted to translate it as "Red Hot Horny Beast," but uh... *cough*. <_<;

:-o:-o:-o:-o:-o rate 5* for this topic instant. EspioKaos joked!!!?

Rayokarna
May 31, 2008, 09:47 AM
EspioKaos joked!!!?

DX

The world is coming to an end!

Mysterious-G
May 31, 2008, 10:14 AM
You only.. Do not understand his high sense of humor.. :p

Zero-Sensei
May 31, 2008, 10:24 AM
Blasphemy!

Arika
May 31, 2008, 10:57 AM
no, I do understand, but I jsut think that this is something not expected :-o

Mysterious-G
May 31, 2008, 11:08 AM
I meant that he always makes jokes but you just are too "dumb" to get them.. :wacko:
Gah, screw my joke! :disapprove:

Adriano
May 31, 2008, 11:17 AM
WUT?! Logan is HUMAN!? :O

furrypaws
May 31, 2008, 02:42 PM
http://psupedia.info/Phantasy_Star_Portable

Are those controls set in stone? I'm not too crazy about them reversing the action pallette button and the pick up button, it seems like it'd be a little annoying to get used to, but I guess I would anyways.

EspioKaos
May 31, 2008, 04:12 PM
Haha! I like to catch folks off-guard every once in a while. ;)

Are those controls set in stone? I'm not too crazy about them reversing the action pallette button and the pick up button, it seems like it'd be a little annoying to get used to, but I guess I would anyways.
Not really. Those are from last December or so when the game was shown at Jump Festa (I think). It's possible they could've changed by now.

DarK-SuN
May 31, 2008, 04:34 PM

It's not really reversed, the JP version of PSU (for the PS2) has the buttons "reversed" as well in relation to the US/EU versions of PSU.
In Japan, circle is confirm and X is cancel, which is the reverse of how those buttons tend to work by default in other regions, which is why Phantasy Star Portable (in those examples which may still be subject to change) have the buttons "reversed".

SubstanceD
Jun 2, 2008, 04:45 AM
I've been checking everywhere and I can't find the info I'm looking for so I'll take a chance and ask here. Is Rykros ( the PSO levels ) going to be available in Phantasy Star Portable?

landman
Jun 2, 2008, 05:06 AM
The two missions Espio early commented are the only ones we know at the moment.

Sylpheed
Jun 2, 2008, 05:56 AM
Just out of interest, if a charecter is transferred over to PSP is it possible for it to be transferred back to AOtI? What i'm trying to figure out is, will the charecters levels and class etc. be returned to normal if it is returnable to AOtI?

Rayokarna
Jun 2, 2008, 06:06 AM
Just out of interest, if a charecter is transferred over to PSP is it possible for it to be transferred back to AOtI? What i'm trying to figure out is, will the charecters levels and class etc. be returned to normal if it is returnable to AOtI?

There is no 'return' because you will transfer a copy of your online character rather than the actual thing.

Sylpheed
Jun 2, 2008, 06:19 AM
There is no 'return' because you will transfer a copy of your online character rather than the actual thing.

Ah, i see. thanks for clearing that up.