PDA

View Full Version : Sooo....Who should I make my 2nd? (SSBB question)

Chuck_Norris
May 15, 2008, 04:20 PM
I've gotten pretty godo with Lucario, and want to mvoe onto a 2nd alt character. Who should I pick? ;o

I've unlocked everyone except Wolf by the way.

I was thinking either ROB, or Falco, but what do you guys think are good characters?

EDIT: Just unlocked Wolf :>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-05-15 14:44 ]</font>

Sord
May 15, 2008, 04:22 PM
You play by that *facepalm* with around 40 characters I don't bother with "mains." Yes, I have my best players, but I'm never the same person for more than three rounds, usually not even two though. If you want someone easy and cheap, Wolf would be a good choice if you had him, with his blaster and forward-a spam, plus down-a for final hits. Pikachu is also fast and powerful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-15 14:23 ]</font>

Chuck_Norris
May 15, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-05-15 14:22, Sord wrote:
You play by that *facepalm* with around 40 characters I don't bother with "mains." Yes, I have my best players, but I'm never the same person for more than three rounds, usually not even two though. If you want someone easy and cheap, Wolf would be a good choice if you had him, with his blaster and forward-a spam, plus down-a for final hits. Pikachu is also fast and powerful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-15 14:23 ]</font>

I don't want a cheap character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I want someone who needs practise to use, and can beat cheap characters if you get good.

Tact
May 15, 2008, 04:25 PM
Pick Jigglypuff, then. You need great skills to be able to connect with Rest.

Chuck_Norris
May 15, 2008, 04:28 PM
On 2008-05-15 14:25, Tact wrote:
Pick Jigglypuff, then. You need great skills to be able to connect with Rest.

I'd rather not use Peach or Jigglypuff. I don't like how Peach uses that poor tode as a living sheild, and Jigglypuff always pissed me off in the show. It was stupid enough to not know that it's singing put things to sleep, then it got mad and put grafitiy on everyone's faces! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Wait, we were talking about super smash bros, right?

Tact
May 15, 2008, 04:35 PM
Yes, we are talking about Super Smash Brothers. Rest doesn't even hurt opponents in the Pokemon games.

Chuck_Norris
May 15, 2008, 04:47 PM
Alright, I've decided. I know it sounds lame, but I'm gonna make Wolf my 2nd. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chuck_Norris on 2008-05-15 14:50 ]</font>

Sord
May 15, 2008, 06:38 PM
so much for a "character that needs practice" make sure to NOT get in the habit of forward-B unless you want to kill yourself like crazy though. Someone who needs lots of practice, Olimar probably. Learn to use certain color pikmin with certain moves for best results, and keep the buggers alive so they bloom to their maximum strength.

Chuck_Norris
May 15, 2008, 07:34 PM
Never mind. tried doing some challenges with Wolf. I get knocked off when doing normal attacks <_<

I think I'll try ROB.

Sord
May 15, 2008, 07:54 PM
ROB is awesome

EJ
May 19, 2008, 06:01 PM
Wolf needs practice also since his shield is like a instant block if you can time it right. Unless you just want to spam his forward smash. But is really hard to use if you think he plays like fox or falco you will be in trouble.

Pikachu and P. Trainer are good choices to play with.

Mixfortune
May 19, 2008, 06:09 PM
Dedede.

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 06:50 PM
My best character is R.O.B. and I'm fairly decent with Ganondorf and Falcon. R.O.B. is somewhat cheap if you know how to use him. His moves are weird and his general fighting style is clunky. He's precise as a D-pad.

Chuck_Norris
May 19, 2008, 08:11 PM
lolnecrobump.

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:15 PM
awesome another lucario user! i use ike and lucario equally, being able to play with a character that can cut matches short is a nice change from long drawn out battles using lucario

ljkkjlcm9
May 19, 2008, 11:41 PM
I hate people that hate on Wolf. Yes anyone can pick him up and use him and be cheap and beat people who stink. But to actually be good at Wolf needs practice. I've gotten good at the down+B for "dodging" any move, including final smashes. I've gotten the timing on the Forward+B to get the perfect high damage hit as well. And his meteor smash is very hard to pull off correctly. His forward+A may be "cheap" but it's actually not very useful against anyone that knows how to play the game, because the attack animation is longer than most forward smashes. It's easy to roll dodge and get a hit on someone who spams it.

As someone who mains Wolf (and I prefer no Final Smash balls, and often when I get it I'll use it and do nothing. I get final smashes so others do NOT get it) I hate when people call him cheap. For awhile people were calling him top tier, but he has slowly descended as people found out he is not that easy to be really good with as people once thought.

I don't like Lucario for some reason. He can be fun, I just never got a hang of him. My second favorite to use is Zero Suit Samus, but Diddy might be my second best.

THE JACKEL

Sord
May 20, 2008, 02:42 AM
On 2008-05-19 21:41, ljkkjlcm9 wrote:
because the attack animation is longer than most forward smashes.

If you're talking about speed, I'm going to have to call BS on that. His forward A is fast as fuck considering the distance it covers, which is part of the reason it's such a pain for people to dodge. People have to know it's going to happen before they can dodge it, which means if they don't know the style of their oponent, or can't sufficiently read wolf's movements, that can be unlikely. If it happens up close, most people can only shield it, forget rolling away. Yeah, there is a limit to it's usefullness, once you go against players that are very good at the game, have fought those kind of wolf players many times, or actually seem to have the brains to adapt quickly, you can get only get so far using it.

BUT, I personally think you can still get way to far with that character with very little skill to not call him cheap. Yes, he can be used skillfully, he's around my third best, I may not be as good as you with him, but I make a point not to spam the hell out of blaster and c-stick because I don't like pulling cheap shit. I know he's capable of more than spamming. However, most people don't seem to bother. Some of the guys that do it, they can cream some of the other guys who are much better in the game overall, hell, one of them can't play for shit with any other character but Wolf because he uses that tactic. If I decide to do it, I can usually beat someone pretty badly as well (especially if they choose some slow character like Ike.)

A real player can push Wolf to his limit and be a lot better, but I've met very few, and know way to many that get to far with using his cheap moves.

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 02:59 AM
Ew, C-stick. I don't get that.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 10:47 AM
why would you even need to use the C-stick? i can pull off a smash anytime without it

ljkkjlcm9
May 20, 2008, 01:35 PM
My friends use to all claim that C-stick was faster... until I proved to them. I told them to stand there and spam C-stick at me, and I kept doing the smash with the control stick and A, we clashed everytime.

I never use the C-stick... I use the blaster mainly to shoot someone running at me to stop them, or when someone is trying to recover to cancel their jump. In fact I'm very picky with when I use his B-moves.

I'm not saying I never just keep shooting the blaster... but that's usually just to annoy a friend after we've been playing awhile lol
Honestly, if you keep getting hit by the blaster on the ground when someone spams... you're not very good at this game.

THE JACKEL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ljkkjlcm9 on 2008-05-20 11:36 ]</font>

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 02:40 PM
the blaster is nice for if you have somebody who is playing defensively, it forces their hand and makes them move or they'll take damage, aside from using it to get my opponents a little more enthusiastic i don't use it

ljkkjlcm9
May 20, 2008, 05:37 PM
On 2008-05-20 12:40, TalonKitsune wrote:
the blaster is nice for if you have somebody who is playing defensively, it forces their hand and makes them move or they'll take damage, aside from using it to get my opponents a little more enthusiastic i don't use it

my favorite way to use it is when someone is trying to recover and hitting them just after using their second jump or when trying to use their recover move. For the second jump, it basically cancels it, and for the recover move, sure they can use it again, but it often messes them up and they miss the edge.

THE JACKEL

DreXxiN
May 22, 2008, 12:42 AM
I own all my IRL friends pretty hard, but just got owned by a metaknight without even killing him at ACEN..so practice him, he seems godly and unbeatable if you are good enough with him. I find no counters to him as a Marth player.