PDA

View Full Version : AotI-PC/PS2: Noobie Help

killjoy22
May 15, 2008, 08:34 PM
So, this game doesn't give you much in terms of a functional instruction manual.

So, what do I need to do to pick one of these fancy new classes? I am Level 9 at the moment, and it says I am a "Hunter" but I never got a chance to pick.

Also, I bought and learned the Resta spell, but I'm having a hell of a time trying to cast it... Any sugestions?

Syl
May 15, 2008, 08:36 PM
Go to the 5th floor on the Guardian's Colony and speak to the lady on the backside of the booth. She'll let you pick other classes as long as you meet their prerequisites.

Alry
May 15, 2008, 08:41 PM
To cast Resta, or any spells (which are actually called techniques), you need to use a wand, rod or TCSM. To use any of these weapons, you need to be a force (or any advanced type ending with -techer).
To change your type do what SylviaEspada said, but keep in mind that every job type comes with different stats and equipable weapons- for example, as a force you'll be able to heal, support and nuke, but your melee attacks will be crappy and you won't be able to equip most melee weapons.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Alry on 2008-05-15 18:44 ]</font>

killjoy22
May 15, 2008, 09:33 PM
Thx =)

As an old-school PSO vet, this game has presented a bit of a learning curve... Also, as seems to be the case w/ a ton of Japan-first games, the available manual is pretty insufficient lol.

You guys are a great help, though, and I thank you =)