PDA

View Full Version : the cheaters bestfriend...

kien_reluctant_hero
Mar 1, 2001, 05:12 AM
its a fairly simple scam, im amazed people fall for it. it appeals to all of us because we've all been stolen from too.

upon entering a room, the person immediately tells you about his last bad trade. (aww, how sad.) he got ripped off again! (i feel for you.) then he wants to trade with you, if your an honest trader. will you drop first, because hes lost his faith in humanity?

you want to restore that faith dont you? thats because your a bleeding heart player and your about to be ripped off. his/her story was a crocadile tear jerker, trying to lure you into believing that this person was ripped off because he was honest and trusting. (aww...) he doesnt come out and say "you can trust me", your brain looked past what he said and registered his statement as "hi, im honest. i wont rip you off."

heck ive been burned tons of times. do i enter each room proclaiming that ive been stolen from? of course not, a cheater would see that and say to himself, "this guy drops first. easy snatch and run job." i enter each trade agressively. i wait to see the trades of others, to see if a thief is among them. i distrust players who dont make offers to the other. i dont know if he just doesnt want the item or if they are working together. and i trust my gut. if somebody seems flaky, walk away. if a thief wants something from you after you say no, and wont shut up about it, its because all he needs you to do is drop it so he can steal it. do we pester someone who doesnt want to trade? no. at least respectable players dont. we know how much we value our items...

finally, we need to establish a hidden "respectable trader" hint. what do i mean? what if you instructed a person you juat made a good trade with to put a () on thier guild card, and tell the same to every other honest trader he meets. that way upon recieving a card you will instantly know if hes a honest trader. and of course cheaters wont have this on thiers because they wont be told to put it on their cards because they never made an honest trade and stuck around to be told to do so. of course this wont work now. having posted this it becomes public knowlegde. anyone can read it, including cheaters. but if a similar code is made make sure to only tell those you trust, and only in simple mail.

who am i and where do i come up with these ideas? kien, reluctant hero. and im a nut case.

Nick814625
Mar 1, 2001, 05:30 AM
U have a very good idea...

kien_reluctant_hero
Mar 1, 2001, 05:39 AM
of course it wouldnt be just a () it would have to be somethinbg small and inconspicious...