PDA

View Full Version : Maintenance Tonight: What exactly ARE they doing?

Mikura
May 16, 2008, 01:03 AM
They aren't taking down MAG and they aren't adding new items to it. Everyone else has said Sega is performing a wide-spread fix for all the people 065'd tonight, which I sincerely hope is true. But can anyone confirm this absolutely?

Right before I logged, my friend said she spoke to a GM, and the GM mentioned there would be NO fix tonight. Doesn't make sense to me though since there's no other reason to have maintenance tonight. So yeah...someone's wrong here.

DoubleJG
May 16, 2008, 01:04 AM
Well, all I know is I'm pissed.. I was JUST about to kill Dark Falz as the stupid maintenance went up.

I better wake up tomorrow and see a nice, big "MAG HAS BEEN EXTENDED!" announcement.

Pandaling
May 16, 2008, 01:04 AM
and the xbox side are not getting a maintenance at all... which just means pc/ps2 users will be shafted a few hours to gain kills for leaderboard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

SonicTMP
May 16, 2008, 01:06 AM
normal cleaning? dunno why xbox doesn't get it though. *Shrugs*

and thus I wait to see if my synth worked or not.

Shinko
May 16, 2008, 01:06 AM
On 2008-05-15 23:04, Pandaling wrote:
and the xbox side are not getting a maintenance at all... which just means pc/ps2 users will be shafted a few hours to gain kills for leaderboard http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

aww there not... thats gay. man i hope it don't take long then

Indica
May 16, 2008, 01:08 AM
I heard they are doing billing fix also tonight. Why people bitching, we didnt have maintenance last week that I know of, it's always Thursday night

Wohoo, Im off to play GTA IV

The_Brimada
May 16, 2008, 01:09 AM
My friend got a mail from Sega earlier today regarding his error 65 and they told him to log in after maint tonight, so I figured they were fixing the error 65 issue.

Skids
May 16, 2008, 01:10 AM
Their working on Billing problem errors. Hopefully to prevent future error 65.

Astarin
May 16, 2008, 01:13 AM
In addition to a 065 error fix, they could also be giving us the system/client/whatever update that Xbox 360 users got a few weeks ago. It would explain why those servers aren't going down tonight. That update will, among other minor changes, result in different price ranges being shown in different colours in player shops.

Sasamichan
May 16, 2008, 01:13 AM
Chill mentioned ingame earlier they are testing something with the billing tonight. They are trying to give the PC/PS2 current and old members 2 weeks of free play. Should be officially announced after the maintenance if this is gonna happen. Just keep an eye out on this.

DoubleJG
May 16, 2008, 01:14 AM
On 2008-05-15 23:13, Sasamichan wrote:
Chill mentioned ingame earlier they are testing something with the billing tonight. They are trying to give the PC/PS2 current and old members 2 weeks of free play. Should be officially announced after the maintenance if this is gonna happen. Just keep an eye out on this.

2 weeks of free play? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Sasamichan
May 16, 2008, 01:16 AM
On 2008-05-15 23:14, DoubleJG3288 wrote:

On 2008-05-15 23:13, Sasamichan wrote:

2 weeks of free play? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Possibly. REMEMBER, DO NOT COUNT ON IT UNTIL THEY ANNOUNCE IT, OR YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED IF IT DOESN'T GO THROUGH.

Mikura
May 16, 2008, 01:49 AM
On 2008-05-15 23:10, Skids wrote:
Their working on Billing problem errors. Hopefully to prevent future error 65.

I hope this is true since I was due to get 065'd sometime today. >_> That's why I'm interested to know if they really are fixing the billing issue or whether it's something else I'm not aware of.

gratefulgriz
May 16, 2008, 01:56 AM
well i hope everyone including sega has a wonderful mid may! goodnight PSU, see you tomorrow!

kyle21
May 16, 2008, 02:09 AM
I'm pretty sure I read on the event web site that MAG lasts until the 23rd... so we will be getting 2 more weeks of MAG after tonight. Sounds good to me, I have yet to see the event.