PDA

View Full Version : most powerful SUV-weapon?

Arakasa
May 16, 2008, 09:15 PM
just wondering with the paradi cataract now avilable,if its worth the trouble of finding a S rank armor to use it,so is there any way to measure how much damage each suv does,and if so,which ones are the most powerfull

amtalx
May 16, 2008, 09:37 PM
Paradi Cataract has the highest damage output if that is what you are asking. If you are a gunner, low percent Storm Lines are reasonably priced. Go ahead and pick one up. Don't expect it to be night and day though. The damage differential between Sturm Attacker and Paradi Cataract isn't that big.

Shinko
May 16, 2008, 10:51 PM
yea also keep in mind that paradi cataract is much quicker. Sturm Attacker last longer.

i just think paradi looks cool but if u dont care about stuff like that and dont feel like look for an s armor i say keep Sturm Attacker

_Vyser_
May 16, 2008, 10:55 PM
Just please don't use Sturm Attacker on bosses...

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 16, 2008, 11:41 PM
Well during 1 up cup, in that motoob mission there was this particular room that spawned a whole mess of vandas. I tried out all the Suvs to see which was most effective and only grom/rafal attacker were strong enough to kill them all in one attack. I'm fairly sure it had to do with the close wall preventing the mobs from flying out of attack range during the suv.

As far as big numbers go though, Meteor attacker has always stood out to me. Only flaw is knocking mobs out of range, but usually they're withe rdead or need one more strike to finish off by that time.

Faust ( the fist one) I like because I can chnge its direction virtually up until launch, which means thagtI can track speedy mobs that are smart enough to hear the "VROOOM" noise and escape my line of fire.

90% of cast always have sturm in their inventory and its alright, but the whole bouncing effect it has on mobs looks like it causes some of the bombardment to miss.

Paradi However, seems to hit like meteor but have range comparable to sturm and since they don't dont bounce up and out of bombardment range Im guessing that it does the most damage.

So heres my tier

Paradi
Meteor
Rafal against a wall

High
Grom
Sturm

Mid
Rafal
Blitz
Faust

Low
Hegel
Espada
Ascension gift

Bottom
SUV misfire (when it apears, does nothing then vanishes) http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rant.gif

_Vyser_
May 17, 2008, 12:28 AM
That's a pretty good list up there. I'm not big on meteor though. I think Grom might do more damage (that or I'm just used to it since it was the first SUV I ever got way back in the day), but that's besides the point now. I used to use Grom on bosses and Sturm when there was a huge area to sweep. Paradi seems to cover both those situations. Currently, I've found Sturm to be more useful on the areas where monsters die fast and spawn fast, but in the cases like the Orga, Paradi is better (they take FOREVER to spawn...). Paradi is a must imo, but until I fight real monsters, I wont be able to figure out if paradi really does out damage my Gram/Sturm set up.

Kanore
May 17, 2008, 12:29 AM
God Tier
Sturm

Low Tier
everything else

screw paradi
(until i get one)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kanore on 2008-05-16 22:29 ]</font>

pikachief
May 17, 2008, 01:17 AM
On 2008-05-16 20:51, Shinko wrote:
yea also keep in mind that paradi cataract is much quicker. Sturm Attacker last longer.

i just think paradi looks cool but if u dont care about stuff like that and dont feel like look for an s armor i say keep Sturm Attacker

thats cuz it takes longer to hit, this one hits as many times if not more and does more damage http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

HighOctane
May 17, 2008, 01:18 AM
I use Paradi for groups during the mission but i still use grom attacker for bosses.

Nani-chan
May 17, 2008, 01:27 AM
Paradi is good for either allot of small enemies or a mix of small enemies with a larger one. it seems to do lots of damage to Gaozorans and mechas but less damage against Bil de Vears. Maybe it's Bullet/Light? Not Sure.

dogg1000
May 17, 2008, 01:52 AM
Ascension gift!

Winter_of_uno
May 17, 2008, 01:57 AM
On 2008-05-16 23:27, Nani-chan wrote:
it seems to do lots of damage to Gaozorans and mechas but less damage against Bil de Vears. Maybe it's Bullet/Light? Not Sure.

That's because SUVs count as bullet damage and Bils always got half-guard on ranged weapon; Gaos take full bullet damage and have melee half-guard.

And yes, I also think difference between sturm and paradi isn't that big; in fact Sturm might be more useful against real mobs with full hp because of the Burn SE. But it's good to have a real alternative now for non-burning mobs.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Winter_of_uno on 2008-05-17 00:00 ]</font>

mvffin
May 17, 2008, 02:04 AM
I'm pretty sure most SUV count as bullet damage, and I don't think they have any element. Dunno if the sword one or Meteor count as melee, because I used them each once back in the day and then went back to good old sturm/grom.

I haven't actually used paradi yet, but seeing others use it, it looks like marginally more damage than sturm(not counting the burn damage) and goes off a little faster. Freeze is good too, sets up for a jabroga, etc.

jobber
May 17, 2008, 03:10 AM
On 2008-05-16 23:18, HighOctane wrote:
I use Paradi for groups during the mission but i still use grom attacker for bosses.

lol @ not using it on bosses

paradi can rip up De Ragan on S2

I was seeing 3200 damage per hit

APEXi
May 17, 2008, 03:24 AM
On 2008-05-17 01:10, jobber wrote:

On 2008-05-16 23:18, HighOctane wrote:

lol @ not using it on bosses

paradi can rip up De Ragan on S2

I was seeing 3200 damage per hit

lol@ you for lolling at him/her.

Indica
May 17, 2008, 03:38 AM
S rank armor is a must, because when these Master classes come out, many people gonna be SOL.

Im hoping to get a good % of Light and Ice for my Stormline armor after event. Only have 40 Nanopolymer, hoping to hunt more in time

bertha
May 17, 2008, 11:54 AM
Meteor is by far the biggest peice of shit ever, I find it offensive that it even made it on the list.

Kion
May 17, 2008, 12:04 PM
Grom is a pretty godly SUV. You can position it so that it pins enemies against the wall. It can easily do 1,000+ per hit 7-10 times to as many enemies as you can catch in the cross fire (and the range is really wide). Takes timing but it's also possible to position it so that once enemies are effective raped; the new spawns will be immediately caught in the beams. Not quite the easy win button like strum, but under certain conditions (tight quarter missions like WB) it has a much higher damage output.

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 12:24 PM
That ice suv.... my friend was doing 7000s and shit agaisnt fire monsters

Phoenix148
May 17, 2008, 12:26 PM
but does paradi drop a hp restoring toilet? I don't thing so!!!

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
On 2008-05-17 10:26, Phoenix148 wrote:
but does paradi drop a hp restoring toilet? I don't thing so!!!

lol pwn

Mr_Confused
May 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
98% of all casts use sturm attacker, and are noobs for it. use one you actually have to aim, but does superior damage (grom, Rafal) Paradi is the best SUV out currently in terms of damage, charge rate and heck it freezes the enemies so they cant get away. Grom is definately second best, with rafal close second. I personally like rafal because it debuffs in defense instead of shocking like grom.

Phoenix148
May 17, 2008, 12:38 PM
yay! im on of the 2% for using the most underespected suv out there. whooooooooo!!!!!!!

Mr_Confused
May 17, 2008, 12:41 PM
On 2008-05-17 10:38, Phoenix148 wrote:
yay! im on of the 2% for using the most underespected suv out there. whooooooooo!!!!!!!

i would be using the gift as well if i could save up 20 silver and actually get it.

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
Does Grom also work in such a way that it does more damage when the enemies are trapped between the laser and a wall? I'll add that to the top tier list if it does since that would outdamage sturm easily. It's just that I had the ida in my head that grom was able to connect for all of its damamge as long as the mobs are point blank at discharge and so a wall is unessessary.

And whats this about Paradi charging faster? Do all Suv's have different charge rates? If so then I'd stock an suv just for the charge rate and ten switch it out for another once the bar got full.

RedMussel
May 17, 2008, 01:40 PM
Rafeal is my favorite one, but most people think o Sturm Attacker = Best out of everything lol. I think each SUV has its uses everywhere but just using Sturm is stupid. Maybe they are just to lazy to aim something else?

darkante
May 17, 2008, 01:49 PM
On 2008-05-17 11:40, RedMussel wrote:
Rafeal is my favorite one, but most people think o Sturm Attacker = Best out of everything lol. I think each SUV has its uses everywhere but just using Sturm is stupid. Maybe they are just to lazy to aim something else?

I would think yes, 90 % use it because they are lazy. =P Iīm pretty lazy as well, but at least i got Paradi Cataract now for change. Haha

And yeah, Rafal is my second favorite.
Gatling gun ftw lol

gryphonvii
May 17, 2008, 01:56 PM
On 2008-05-17 11:40, RedMussel wrote:

ya, I'm too lazy to aim grom or rafal unless there is a trappin' tranny out there. Now I don't have to with PAradi CAtaract. Soon, maybe everyone can have paradi as well. Paradi Cataract: available at your local retail outlet or at your local sperm-shaped boss.

Yusaku_Kudou
May 17, 2008, 02:43 PM
Grom Attacker is still my favorite. It lasts a good long while, is sexy and reminds me of Wing Gundam Zero's cannon.

Hrith
May 17, 2008, 07:45 PM
On 2008-05-16 19:37, amtalx wrote:
Paradi Cataract has the highest damage output if that is what you are asking. If you are a gunner, low percent Storm Lines are reasonably priced. Go ahead and pick one up. Don't expect it to be night and day though. The damage differential between Sturm Attacker and Paradi Cataract isn't that big.Hmm, yeah...

3800 x 5 in 3 seconds or 1750 x 8 in 10 seconds, such a hard choice

In case some don't get the sarcasm, 19000 > 14000.

If you take execution time into account, Sturm becomes junk.

Also, Paradi Cataract has no delay after being used, so you can go back to killing stuff with your weapons right away, that's a major plus.

+2 STA.

Paradi makes any other SUV pointless.

MayLee
May 17, 2008, 07:55 PM
Eversince other found out aout Paradi, Sorm Lines and Shinowa's have increased from 1.5 million to a whopping 16 million Maseta.

I am so glad I had made 3 stormsLines and a Shinowa Line weeks ago.

Niloklives
May 17, 2008, 08:14 PM
yeah when I saw that paradi was S rank, i got to work on a full set of S rank armor. my friends are cussing me out over it too...but they're grateful that I'm letting them borrow what I have >_>

26% Fire Storm Line
30% Light Storm Line
34% Ground Storm line
46% Lightning Sorm Line
46% Ice Storm Line
32% dark Castest Line

And yes, gorm pinns enemies down like rafal does and does 1700 damage a hit on my Fighgunner...or did when she was 120/15...dunno about now.

In any case, Paradi really outdatesall other SUVs. in caves and ruins 2, I get two uses per room clearing out everything each time. no other SUV could even try that. the kind of damage it does, not much is walking away from it. what make it even better is tin the case you're fighting one of the the few things immune to freeze, paradi does in fact launch as well, pinning the mobs down while its fires...not a loy of negative things you can say about that.

darkante
May 18, 2008, 01:18 AM
As much as have to say that Paradi Cataract owns.
I kinda wanted the animation be longer, haha.
You donīt get much time to watch this beuty. >.<

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 18, 2008, 01:27 AM
There's really no contest here; Paradi by a landslide.

It's fast. It's strong. It's easy to use. It leaves everything it doesn't outright kill frozen so you can get in free hits subsequently.

Atomic646
May 18, 2008, 04:43 AM
I always keep Sturm Attacker, Paradi, Blitz, and Grom Attacker on me at all times. Sturm and Paradi for area attacks, Blitz Attacker for Swarms of creatures, and Grom Attacker for bosses i.e. dragons, dulk fakis ground based bosses.

darkante
May 18, 2008, 07:47 AM
On 2008-05-18 02:43, Atomic646 wrote:
I always keep Sturm Attacker, Paradi, Blitz, and Grom Attacker on me at all times. Sturm and Paradi for area attacks, Blitz Attacker for Swarms of creatures, and Grom Attacker for bosses i.e. dragons, dulk fakis ground based bosses.

From what i have tested Paradi Cataract works very well against the dragon bosses.
It seems to ignore defence on them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

DarK-SuN
May 18, 2008, 08:11 AM
In my opinion:
Paradi
Grom
Gigas Espada (and this one may sound silly, but knockback plus the ability to kill things in one blow tend to be very overlooked by people who don't even know it has a chance to kill targets in one hit, making it good for swarms while looking cool, and it's highly targetable since you can turn it even while it's "swinging")

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 18, 2008, 02:32 PM
On 2008-05-18 06:11, DarK-SuN wrote:
In my opinion:
Paradi
Grom
Gigas Espada (and this one may sound silly, but knockback plus the ability to kill things in one blow tend to be very overlooked by people who don't even know it has a chance to kill targets in one hit, making it good for swarms while looking cool, and it's highly targetable since you can turn it even while it's "swinging")

Espada has a chance of landing instant death? Golly I never realised that when I used it...umm, does it work againt all non boss mobs or just the weaker ones? Well I guess a better question would be what level incapacitate does it have.

DreXxiN
May 18, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-05-18 12:32, RAGNAGELPPOD wrote:

In my opinion:
Paradi
Grom

Espada has a chance of landing instant death? Golly I never realised that when I used it...umm, does it work againt all non boss mobs or just the weaker ones? Well I guess a better question would be what level incapacitate does it have.

Paradi = guaranteed instant death...

...and well if not, pick off all the frozen enemies.

DarK-SuN
May 18, 2008, 04:51 PM
On 2008-05-18 12:32, RAGNAGELPPOD wrote:

In my opinion:
Paradi
Grom

Shouldn't be more than level 2.
So far I only managed to insta-kill weaker ones that I could notice, think I managed to insta-kill a Grass Assassin a couple of times, but not entirely sure about this one (friends of mine were also hitting the Grass Assassin, so not sure if it was due to damage dealt in total or the insta-kill kicking in).

But yes, as some have said, Paradi Cataract is virtually a sure kill for every target involved, even what survives is left frozen with little HP, waiting for death.
The best, current, SUV, hands down.

Dragwind
May 18, 2008, 05:57 PM
I would say it depends on the situation as some SUV's will have the ability to do more damage depending on the mob setup. Sturm on a boss is goddam stupid 90% of the time.

However, with the release of Paradi, and the fact that it fills up so fast, I think its almost safe to say Paradi hands down.

Arryn
May 18, 2008, 06:27 PM
paradi = freeze which is handy in avoiding that nasty spin from some mobs