PDA

View Full Version : More like Photon bast@#$...

Zack_Morris
Jan 22, 2003, 04:07 PM
Is it just me or does your photon blast do more harm than good?? I have my resta on a R-button hot key and countless times when I was next to dead I tried to Resta and i'd have my PB. Then when it was over i'd try to resta as fast as i could but no..the enemy would get the final blow in. So annoying. As retarded as it sounds i'm thinking of just depositing my mag. At least i wouldn't be killed by my PB again.

Does anyone have any ideas to help me with this problem? I'm thinking of just putting Resta on one of the initial hot keys..but i'd rather not. They're already being used...

Jae
Jan 22, 2003, 04:14 PM
Put Resta on the top row of hot keys. What's more important: Having that one special attack or tech ready at all times? Or living to fight another day? I'd say the latter.

SeekerGio
Jan 22, 2003, 04:16 PM
honestly, you should put at least one regular healing on a regular face button, that way you can actually save your PB for a time when it might be useful or at the very least not use it by accident. Not much else I can say. besides are your stats THAT good you could dump the mag?? I like being invincible personally. ;0

Alielle
Jan 22, 2003, 04:19 PM
If the PBs bother you, you can always unequip your mag when it gets to 100. Then, just re-equip it and it'll be back to 0.

Or, if you want to keep your PBs and your current button setup, you might consider putting Resta at the top of your quick menu (the thingy that pops up when you press shift+Y... just use x to switch the techs), and get used to using that.

I hope this helps.

Ghaleon
Jan 22, 2003, 04:28 PM
If the PBs bother you, you can always unequip your mag when it gets to 100. Then, just re-equip it and it'll be back to 0.

ya that

Zack_Morris
Jan 22, 2003, 04:37 PM
Thanks for the help guys. I guess i'm just going to have to use an alternate key for my Resta. Thats going to take some time to get used to..ouch.

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 22, 2003, 04:41 PM
I'd make a MARK III mag, since if you cell it at level 5, it can have any set of levels you want besides the default 5 defense. Plus, it won't get any PBs.

MajinSSJVegetto
Jan 22, 2003, 04:43 PM
I just set resta to the very bottom tech in my quick select menu. If I have a PB I just press R+Y then UP and A.
A bit harder, but it works.

Also keep a shortcut set to "Resta Plz!" or something if you play online.

Zack_Morris
Jan 22, 2003, 04:46 PM
Mark III mag? With no PB!! Thats what I need! I take it that it's a rare mag so i'd have to find the cell. Can you tell me any more about this special mag?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 22, 2003, 05:00 PM
The cell comes at random from Christmas present. It gains levels fast, since items such as dimates and difluids give about 25% of a stat bar per item.

Zack_Morris
Jan 22, 2003, 05:02 PM
Do the chirtmas presents only appear online? Cause i only play the game offline...so is there a chance to find these special cells?

SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko
Jan 22, 2003, 05:05 PM
Online only, during the christmas event =>_<=
You are screwed =>_<=;;

Omikron
Jan 22, 2003, 05:32 PM
Another tip to not die, (though i don't know if it works the same way on GC) to cast resta, or any spell, it takes about a half second where you do you casting animation and you're vunerable, but with an item like a trimate or star atomiser, it's 100% instant. So, what i'd do (on DC) is have trimates on the first set of buttons and have my resta on the same button in the second set, it's always useful to have instant healing when you get knocked down and surrounded, full PB or while dodging the projectiles of a boss. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Omikron on 2003-01-22 14:33 ]</font>

DJ_Monkey
Jan 22, 2003, 09:04 PM
Actually, on the GC version(at least from my experiences), you are momentarially invincible from the time you select the PB to the time that it actually happens(and of course, you still are invincible until the PB is over). It could just be my mag, though(I have an Aparsas level 200 with 200 IQ and 120% sync).

Omikron
Jan 22, 2003, 09:07 PM
Yes, it's your mag, apsaras casts invincibility when it gets full PB, but i was talking about being vulnerable during the casting animation.

Cloud_01
Jan 22, 2003, 09:45 PM
If you get nocked down by the enemies in the area you are in and your one of the characters that can use resta, you don't really need to set dimates or trimates to one of the hotkeys.

After you get nocked down you are invincible for a few seconds, when you get up this gives you just enough time to cast resta.

MajinSSJVegetto
Jan 22, 2003, 10:39 PM
When casting a PB, before it actually begins (in the time you would normally do a combo pb, and the only visual is the pattern on the floor) you can still be hit, while unable to move.

Elusive_Llama
Jan 22, 2003, 11:07 PM
I could have sworn that casting a PB makes you temporarily invincible from the moment you press the button up until the screen pans up to the PB critter.

I have, on many occasions, walked up to a bunch of enemies and cast the PB right in their faces while watching their swipes go *WHIFF* *WHIFF* *WHIFF*. Then my Pilla blast comes down and they all die.

Grimsoar
Jan 23, 2003, 02:22 AM
On 2003-01-22 20:07, Elusive_Llama wrote:
I could have sworn that casting a PB makes you temporarily invincible from the moment you press the button up until the screen pans up to the PB critter.

I have, on many occasions, walked up to a bunch of enemies and cast the PB right in their faces while watching their swipes go *WHIFF* *WHIFF* *WHIFF*. Then my Pilla blast comes down and they all die.

I've had this same experience, hold R + press ANY PB, and I'll never be hit.
As for being knocked down, I can always cast Resta without interuption when getting up.

CajunSamurai
Jan 23, 2003, 02:28 AM
Yeah, they do get in the way occasionally, but Mylla&Youlla really makes it ALL worth while. I used to hate it with a passion until I discovered how insanely high of a Shifta/Deband boost we could get by using combos and "PB contributing".
Screw attack photon blasts, I rarely use those - it's ALL about Mylla&Youlla. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

MajinSSJVegetto
Jan 23, 2003, 02:51 AM
You can be hit during the start of a PB, when the colored pattern is on the ground, but not once the colors come up in the background.
I have died countless times during the initial start of a PB.

CajunSamurai
Jan 23, 2003, 06:36 AM
I have died countless times during the initial start of a PB. That happened to me tonight. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif Oh, I cursed that photon blast good.